AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-09, 06:34   Link #901
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Just hit 80 and got all my story quests other than the last one.

Think I can beat Zhaitan in the dungeon alone for story mode?
You could probably beat him alone since he just stands there and has a seizure/does nothing for the entire fight. It's the stuff before him that would be a problem.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 09:04   Link #902
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Lol, despite being lv80 extremely early on, I've only recently STARTED my story. At 76 now. Omg so much teleporting in Orr.

My poor wallet! I spent so much gold crafting my 18 slot bags. It's like 2 gold for the rune itself.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 12:39   Link #903
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Lol, despite being lv80 extremely early on, I've only recently STARTED my story. At 76 now. Omg so much teleporting in Orr.

My poor wallet! I spent so much gold crafting my 18 slot bags. It's like 2 gold for the rune itself.
Why do you need an 18 slot bag? :O
It's better to buy gems with the gold and upgrade your bank slot unless you're a pack rat and have 3 sets of armor with you all the time :P

So far, i only used 2 15 slot bag and 2 10 slot bag on my main character and that's plenty of space. Usually i carry 3 basic salvage kit and breakdown all the trash loot i get from dungeon runs. I also have a set of magic find gear with me all the time and full collection of siege equipment.
Old 2012-10-09, 12:46   Link #904
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

lol, have fun looking for the location to the next story area. i like how i just wonder
around and ran into a bunch of risens chasing after me life all the time.
Old 2012-10-09, 13:29   Link #905
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Why do you need an 18 slot bag? :O
It's better to buy gems with the gold and upgrade your bank slot unless you're a pack rat and have 3 sets of armor with you all the time :P

So far, i only used 2 15 slot bag and 2 10 slot bag on my main character and that's plenty of space. Usually i carry 3 basic salvage kit and breakdown all the trash loot i get from dungeon runs. I also have a set of magic find gear with me all the time and full collection of siege equipment.
I'm OCD and I keep EVERYTHING. I have max expansions on bank slots, bag slots and character slots. And my bank is full.

I always carry my siege equipments, many different sets of farming tools, a legit set of level 80 exotics and a super-fabulous set of troll gears. One of every weapon. And random cooking materials that don't fit into my bank.

My bank is full of food, tonics, boosters, super shiny and useless equipment I'm too reluctant to get rid of, a lot of Black Lion things, overflowing crafting materials (250+), and all the sigils.

Naked thieves anyone?

Old 2012-10-14, 10:19   Link #906
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Getting stuck with the same world again in the next wvw. That's bad when you're on a low pop world facing a high pop
Old 2012-10-14, 17:26   Link #907
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

In order to keep games as competitive as possible, they group you with the worlds closest to you in points, within a group of three.

So, yes, that is going to mean that you'll likely be playing against familiar worlds a lot more often than not.

Based on looking at the most recent rankings, on paper at least, the two worst servers look to have a bad time at things, as there is a pretty huge gap between their two scores and the third worst server, whom presumably will be their third opponent (though at least one of them, based on historical trends, looks to at least be putting in the effort to improve). Assuming you're playing on a NA server. The EU servers don't seem to have nearly as much up and down movement as the NA servers, so I imagine it's a bit more boring there.

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

I play on Black Gate, and we're slowly, but steadily, making a push for the next tier of three. I'm not sure where we'll end up plateauing, but I'm hoping in another month or two that we break the top 3. We started smack dab in the middle of the rankings, but the cynic in me thought that was wildly inaccurate, as we were double teamed 9/10 times during the preliminary weeks.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 18:23   Link #908
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
In order to keep games as competitive as possible, they group you with the worlds closest to you in points, within a group of three.

So, yes, that is going to mean that you'll likely be playing against familiar worlds a lot more often than not.

Based on looking at the most recent rankings, on paper at least, the two worst servers look to have a bad time at things, as there is a pretty huge gap between their two scores and the third worst server, whom presumably will be their third opponent (though at least one of them, based on historical trends, looks to at least be putting in the effort to improve). Assuming you're playing on a NA server. The EU servers don't seem to have nearly as much up and down movement as the NA servers, so I imagine it's a bit more boring there.

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

I play on Black Gate, and we're slowly, but steadily, making a push for the next tier of three. I'm not sure where we'll end up plateauing, but I'm hoping in another month or two that we break the top 3. We started smack dab in the middle of the rankings, but the cynic in me thought that was wildly inaccurate, as we were double teamed 9/10 times during the preliminary weeks.
Wow, using that list it now makes a whole lot more sense on why you guys (Blackgate) are stepping on us (Fort Aspenwood) so majestically now.

Also, sadly it seems I only participate in WvW every other week now. Since we alternate from the "worst of the winner's pool" to "best of the losers".
Old 2012-10-15, 06:52   Link #909
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
You could probably beat him alone since he just stands there and has a seizure/does nothing for the entire fight. It's the stuff before him that would be a problem.
Yea, we did it with 4 people in our group after 1 left AFTER we got in

Anyway, you are now looking at a level 400 artificer, jeweler and tailor.
The guild joke is that I'll level all crafting and become the guild factory
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 06:59   Link #910
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Yea, we did it with 4 people in our group after 1 left AFTER we got in

Anyway, you are now looking at a level 400 artificer, jeweler and tailor.
The guild joke is that I'll level all crafting and become the guild factory
Get off your crafting and join me in the dungeons lol.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 15:09   Link #911
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

LFG>AC/CoF/CoE Exp
LFG>Arah Story

"Orkkabayue" is my most active ID atm. Dungeons can cross-server.

Lol.
Old 2012-10-16, 07:25   Link #912
Hoaviet

I played this for a bit (only lvl 18) and kinda got bored of it (don't see how people can play it for so long)

and then I watched SAO and found it hyperboring (JESUS I WANT NERVE GEAR)

PVE is bad I mean you can't get much to any exp from them
Old 2012-10-16, 07:35   Link #913
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Wow, using that list it now makes a whole lot more sense on why you guys (Blackgate) are stepping on us (Fort Aspenwood) so majestically now.

Also, sadly it seems I only participate in WvW every other week now. Since we alternate from the "worst of the winner's pool" to "best of the losers".
You can thank the huge pvp guild that switched to blackgate for a easier match up.
Old 2012-10-16, 11:33   Link #914
Simonsy

Yea I heard some huge PVP guild switched to our server (blackgate), a guild from like europe or something too to fill in what our server was lacking.

We used to have a huge downtime where no one was really on. Must have been a hugely american server we had, cause I did notice if I was on during the week at like noon it was very very quiet. Felt like I was playing SWTOR, lol.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 12:02   Link #915
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yea and now my server and the other one is being pummeled by their over numbers and exotic gear. So it's not really fair.
Old 2012-10-16, 16:34   Link #916
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoaviet View Post
I played this for a bit (only lvl 18) and kinda got bored of it (don't see how people can play it for so long)

and then I watched SAO and found it hyperboring (JESUS I WANT NERVE GEAR)

PVE is bad I mean you can't get much to any exp from them
Maybe themepark MMOs are just not for you then.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 01:43   Link #917
FateAnomaly

If ever Nerve gear technology comes out, its primary use would not be for games but for other recreational purposes thats for sure.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 05:46   Link #918
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
If ever Nerve gear technology comes out, its primary use would not be for games but for other recreational purposes thats for sure.
I would rather use it to go skydiving than to play GW2.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 09:56   Link #919
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Yea and now my server and the other one is being pummeled by their over numbers and exotic gear. So it's not really fair.
Well not sure what server it was killing me, but I got killed like 5 times yesterday on WvW.

Was just on an area completely controlled by my server when i started. Was going to run around collecting the viewpoints, points of interest and skill points.

Then when i was almost done all of a sudden there was a group of like 5 people running around and managed to always find me. got annoyed and didn't finish collecting everything. There was no othere people around it seemed that i was able to fight back with.

And 5 vs. 1 you stand no chance. You get stunned and stuck while quickly gang raped.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 18:36   Link #920
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Powerleveling Armorsmithing, Jeweler, and Weaponsmithing to 400. Just gave me a huge boost from level 31-58 in 2 days. Buying all those materials was Either then that, Maguuma crew is ready for this week's WvW challenge with Shivering Peaks, and Darkhaven. Now I just need to level up Artificer for my Legendary.