AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-13, 00:01   Link #4441
CBredbeard
Banned

I remember when Dinger was overpowered and I don't want to go through that again. I don't care if I have to start in bronze tier again.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 02:32   Link #4442
Kreceir

Christmas Vi

With a bit on Engrish
Old 2013-12-18, 05:33   Link #4443
Kreceir

Images
Popstar Ahri / Sona / Lulu / Annie / Tibbers
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Christmas Syndra
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-12-19, 02:35   Link #4444
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

How are people feeling about Yasuo so far?

I'm not that impressed by him. Every one I've versed so far (no one on my side has picked it yet) has gifted my side victory big time. Haven't seen one not suffer hard in laning phase.

*shrug* Either it's mechanics of the player not using him right or...wrong role? Could he work in the jungle? His early game his harsh, his mid game is great once he gets the chance to catch up, late game he falls off. And really, if the team versing one doesn't choose to stack the CC, they're asking for some punishment.

Wondering whether someone in Korea or Europe knows how to use him right.
Old 2013-12-19, 06:50   Link #4445
CBredbeard
Banned

My rank has decayed in over 2 months despite not having played. Did they freeze rank play because of the pre-patch? I know all the changes made me anxious to play.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 06:58   Link #4446
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
My rank has decayed in over 2 months despite not having played. Did they freeze rank play because of the pre-patch? I know all the changes made me anxious to play.
Ranked has been available since 3.14 went live. Inacitivity time limits have been applied since then. We're currently in 3.15.
Old 2013-12-19, 06:59   Link #4447
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Ranked has been available since 3.14 went live. Inacitivity time limits have been applied since then. We're currently in 3.15.
False since S3 ranked ended, decay has been disabled until patch 4.xxx when they soft-reset the rankings. I am still sitting at gold III with same LP and haven't touched ranked since October or so.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 11:30   Link #4448
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
False since S3 ranked ended, decay has been disabled until patch 4.xxx when they soft-reset the rankings. I am still sitting at gold III with same LP and haven't touched ranked since October or so.
Challenger is decay affected.
Old 2013-12-19, 14:29   Link #4449
Kreceir

Old 2013-12-19, 16:48   Link #4450
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Challenger is decay affected.
That's not decay, that's simply other players entering due to their MMR becoming higher since you're not playing , no other divisions can drop from inactivity atm.
MAL
Old 2013-12-19, 20:41   Link #4451
taurosground

Are the S4 promos going to be weighted as much as the original promos to get ranked were?
taurosground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 20:58   Link #4452
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Snowdown Showdown is live as are the Lulu, Sivir and Singed skins. Previous Snowdown skins also available temporarily.
Old 2013-12-19, 22:04   Link #4453
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The new mode is pretty fun. I died in some very very bad plays but on the other hand won some nice matches (Orianna mirror ehehehe)
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 18:30   Link #4454
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
How are people feeling about Yasuo so far?
Initial impression against him mid is that he's much less squishy than your usual AP mids. Mages liek Ahri/Ori have less than 400 base HP while Yasuo has 440 IIRC.Plus, he gets that shield which makes his sustain hard to deal against.

The correct way to play him mid would be
1. Getting that knockup
2. Avoid getting your wall baited.

So as a Silver IV player, I don't get to play against really good Yasuo's.

BTW, Leblanc is stupidly OP in the Showdown, and I have no idea why I don't see her being banned as often as I think she'd be.
Old 2013-12-27, 11:34   Link #4455
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

LeBlanc is great in 1v1. However, I haven't lost to a LeBlanc in Snowdowns. Been able to beat them with Fiora and Sivir. Fiora has been wonderful in 1v1s. Why on earth people don't use her is beyond me. Just get some CS, keep your opponent chunked down somewhat, then at 6 go crazy if a better opportunity didn't present itself earlier. Since it's a pure 1v1 duel, this is the one place Fiora can thrive. No wonder the pros banned her in the All Star matches sometimes - they knew.

Thoughts on the promoted/returning teams in EU and NA LCS zones?

EU - Copenhagen Wolves look potent, but who knows. Still, they've got some decent champ pools and a few unusual things that usually require bans. SK Gaming rally to make it, but as always, aside from their bot lane, I'm not convinced, particularly with the consistent weakness of their mid lane. KTM - well, if they beat the ex-Lemondogs players, they're somewhat capable at the very least.

NA - Evil Geniuses, or what's left of it, should find most of NA beatable - mainly because Pobelter has stepped up. Curse look better than their 2nd half of 2013 - hoping time allows them to gel, because they are weak early game but strong late atm. Coast are strong at top and bot lane, but beyond that, the same worries, particularly of their fragile team compositions, still remain.

And in 2 weeks time, the mega grudge rematch is on in the OGN Winter semi finals - SK Telecom T1 K vs KT Rolster B. SK Telecom look in prime form to be the first team to win an OGN season twice. Korea still hasn't played Jinx once this season....might be due to their obsession with Lucian and Ezreal, I guess.
Old 2013-12-27, 19:20   Link #4456
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
And in 2 weeks time, the mega grudge rematch is on in the OGN Winter semi finals - SK Telecom T1 K vs KT Rolster B. SK Telecom look in prime form to be the first team to win an OGN season twice. Korea still hasn't played Jinx once this season....might be due to their obsession with Lucian and Ezreal, I guess.
I expect to see Jinx when OGN hits 3.15 (sivir and lucian nerf patch), and man that the blaze vs KT B was intense games, especially game 4, that game had some crazy team fights, and baron/dragon dances and baits, Blaze looked much better now than they did in summer even if they didn't make it to the semi finals.
MAL
Old 2013-12-27, 22:34   Link #4457
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It was a weird series, but close. Kakao was way below his normally high standards and Insec bounced between mishap and game-breaking. Ryu and Mafa carried overall, but that said, Insec's crazy game-winning play on Dr. Mundo in Game 4 was the play of the night.

Blaze lost that series for one reason - POSITIONING. Christ, I thought people on ranked were the main criminals, but wow....Blaze were utter culprits. Ambition and Daydream kept getting caught out way at the front or alone which sent teamfights to the KT Bullets most of the time. Flame and Lustboy were the ones that Kept Blaze in it. They need to seriously think whether Ambition has reached the end of the road, because his combined issues of having trouble in the laning phase (usually giving first blood away to boot) and getting caught out cheaply is becoming way too regular.
Old 2013-12-28, 03:40   Link #4458
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via MSN to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via Yahoo to xl_Legit_lx
I have a bet with my friends about OGN finals being KT Rolster B vs Xenics Storm. Iunno, just think it's time for inSec and Ryu to come on top of Faker and Impact hah.

I had SK T beating Samsung blue, KT B narrowly beating CJ blaze, Ozone sweeping Frost and Xenic narrowly beating White Shield.

Xenic surprise Korea team, leggo!
xl_Legit_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 04:00   Link #4459
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Xenics Storm are entertaining - they love to continually go in and almost always come out the better for it. They are in the 'weaker' half of the playoffs - it would be nice to see another newish team rise. SK Telecom certainly broke the dominant consistency of the CJ Entus teams and KT Rolster B in the latter half of 2013 - Xenics Storm could be the team to rise in 2014.

On the same token, Najin White Shield have now made the playoffs 2 splits in a row while Najin Black Sword haven't even progressed past the group stage. They're on the up. One of them will be in the semis - and against teams as unpredictably hot and cold as Ozone and Frost are lately - a newer team could make the final.

As far as I'm concerned though, it's SK Telecom's split to lose at this rate.
Old 2013-12-28, 06:36   Link #4460
DemonOfWrath

I've picked up Nasus during the last few days and oh god he's hilarious to play. Top lane with him is basically a game of Harvest Moon interspersed with brief bouts of League of Legends whenever someone else joins the party up there or if I teleport somewhere, and after some time I either have enough Q stacks and beefiness to just bash the other guy out of lane, or the 4v4 has gone lop-sided enough that the game's over (Ideal top lane situation: you farm a while and all of a sudden game ends with a win, you never leave top lane).

It's annoying as anything to get practice on though, since he gets banned ~50% of the time so even if I get top often I don't get to play him.
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol