Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-03, 11:47   Link #1
SNT
Special

One kind of animes

Hi! I'm back and I'm in a big pinch...I finished watching some animes and I need some more, but I don't exactly know what kind...here are my favorite animes so far:
1. Elfen Lied
2. Spice and Wolf
3. Higurashi
4. Code Geass
5. Crescent Love
6. Hantsuki
7. Crest/Banner of the Stars
8. Death Note
Here are the other animes I've watched till now, so that u won't recommend smth I've already seen : Seto no Hanayome, Vandread, Soul Link, Sola, Shakugan no Shana, Zero no Tsukaima, Elemental Gelade, Excel Saga, Green Green, Kanokon, Myself;Yourself, Love Hina, Tenjou Tenge, Kaibutsu Oujo, Inukami, EF, REC, Kaze no Stigma etc. + old ones like Inuyasha, Bleach & others.
If there is a beautiful girl in the anime the better. Pls don't write just to write smth...if u think I might like smth and it is not in my list ( I mean smth like the ones from above) then I'd be very happy to try them, but don't throw me a huge list with ur favorites neither.. Thanks very much and I'm looking forward to hearing some responses.
Old 2008-09-03, 12:21   Link #2
Arkuatic

hmmm you actually favorited crescent love over M;Y? weird

well all these have beautiful girls..enjoy

You've probably seen Fate/Stay Night but since you didnt list it better to be sure. Basically there is a war; war of the holy grail. It takes place in modern time despite the holy grail stuff. There are those chosen to be masters and they are granted a servant fit to be their fighter, and Shirou's fighter is the powerful Saber(beautiful girl for ya) and they have their little romantic scenes and stuff so you might enjoy it since most of your favorites are romance types

Chrno Crusade- its similar to Fate/Stay night but its a different setting and different goals with the same type of character development etc.

Shingetsutan Tsukihime-the alternate universe of Fate/Stay night; from the same creators

Shinigami no Ballad-its 6 episodes; each with romance you wish you could see to the end but can't however its a bit dramatic in some cases. Basically a shinigami, momo(peach), goes around helping the decease's' loved ones move on.

True Tears-Pretty dramatic love triangle/harem but its not the type of harem where the male lead is constantly indecisive but rather develops and realizes his true feelings. Though hes not a weak protag he is rather in positions where his heart wavers.

Utawarerumono-A man wakes up, with no idea who he is and what happened to him he embarks-or rather destined to create an empire to fight against the cruelty within the country and along the way discover who he was

Welcome to the NHK-a funny slice of otaku life where 22 year old satou finds himself trapped and paranoid living as an otaku. He encounters a girl named misaku while trying to recover from being an otaku but ends up in an even wost state of oktaku. The girl offers to help him become normal as an experiment

Samurai Champloo-Awesome samurai action as well as a solid plot. A 15 year old girl, Fuu, aids the escape of 2 samurais who caused a rukus and sentenced to death and in return they promised(by the flip of a coin) to aid her find the "samurai who smells like sunflowers." The anime is enticingly unique in approach to the samurai type animes, hilariously entertaining(if you pay attention), and overall an awesome anime.

Black Lagoon-Action packed anime with guns, swords, and blood. Rokuro, aka Rock, is another ant in an ant hive but one day he gets kidnapped by a group of outlaws. The company that rock worked for abandons him and disagrees to pay the ransom and soon rock joins the outlaws and begins his life of being near death.
Old 2008-09-04, 03:26   Link #3
SNT
Special

Thanks for ur recommendations...True Tears - seen, Utawarerumono - tried and neeh , Fate/Stay Night - on my wait list, definitely the next one I try, the others I'll try them as well very soon. Thx very much and I'm looking forward for some more answers to this topic.
Old 2008-09-04, 07:20   Link #4
blewin

you like Crest of the Stars! that's fabulous. Maybe you'll also like Twelve Kingdoms then, it's also novel based and involves lots of conversations. It's fantasy with action, and is great with philosophy and characterisation.

Scrapped Princess - first one that comes to mind when you said beautiful girl. Again, another fantasy but mixed with some sci-fic elements. The story is as the title suggested. Plenty of action, mystery and again, great characterisation. It has its tear-jerking moments too.

I think I'll be able to come up with something closer to what you want if you can specify what other things you're looking for. Themes? Atmosphere? Genre type?
Old 2008-09-04, 07:41   Link #5
SNT
Special

Thanks very much blewin, I understand that u also liked Crest of the Stars, right? Happy to hear that since it's an old, yet extraordinary series...
I can't say I'm looking for smth very specific...but for smth in the area of the ones I listed above (like Code Geass and the others). For example, I liked very much Code Geass R1 & R2 and if u know smth like that I'd like to hear...if u see a familiar anime between my favorite animes and u also know another one like one of those, than I'd be very happy to try it.
If u want smth specific...I'm looking for smth with some action, romance, some SF (not too much) and, of course, a beautiful girl (for example: Elemental Gelade, Code Geass- I have an obsession with it these days,Death Note etc., but no ZnT or Shana plz ).

Edit: if u know smth like Death Note or Code Geass (I mean a smart anime with good male leads and beautiful girls &some action) post it...
Old 2008-09-05, 00:18   Link #6
blewin

yep. Don't love it (Crest of the stars), but like it well enough to place it as above average.

well, ok, I'll recommend some more according to what you just said then.

Eureka Seven - mecha with some pretty novel ideas. Main female character is pretty, I reckon. Lots of action, growing romance and hilarious moments. Definitely one of the better animes out there looking at its animation, music, plot and character.

Full Metal Panic - some mystery surrounding this girl who's been targeted by an organisation. She's being protected by another who sends out a soldier to guide her, but the guy's having trouble with school life. Funny, filled with action and verbal drama, the series gets more serious as it progresses. FMP second raid gets even better with the action and tension.

Samurai 7 - historical setting mixed with some modern technology. Lots of action and the female lead is absolutely beautiful. As the title said, the anime is about samurai, a group of samurai actually, going against the oppressors of the world.
Old 2008-09-05, 05:55   Link #7
SNT
Special

Thanks again... FMP I watched smth like the first 11 episodes but I stopped from different reasons (not beacause I didn't like it) and I plan on continuing it soon. Now that I see u also recommend me Eureka 7 it seems I'll give it a try. The same for the others...momentarily I'm watching Fate/Stay night and I like it.
Old 2008-09-05, 09:26   Link #8
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT View Post
Here are the other animes I've watched till now, so that u won't recommend smth I've already seen : Seto no Hanayome, Vandread, Soul Link, Sola, Shakugan no Shana, Zero no Tsukaima, Elemental Gelade, Excel Saga, Green Green, Kanokon, Myself;Yourself, Love Hina, Tenjou Tenge, Kaibutsu Oujo, Inukami, EF, REC, Kaze no Stigma etc. + old ones like Inuyasha, Bleach & others.
Hey SNT, thanks for the suggestions in my other thread . I'll try and return the favor here. It seems like we're looking for two different sorts of anime... since you liked Elfen Lied and Code Geass so much, I'm going to venture out and guess that you like something that's exciting, action-packed, is mildly melodramatic, plot-driven and will keep you on the edge of your seat? I haven't watched anime like this in awhile, so these titles may undoubtedly fall into your "old ones" category. But just to make sure, I would recommend Ghost in the Shell , Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Alchemist.

I found them all enormously entertaining but not entirely up my alley much like Elfen Lied, which is probably a good thing for you! Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop are both sci fi and set in the distant future. Each episode is action packed but the plot is good enough to impress you at times too I think. Full Metal Alchemist should be looked into as well, it's like the other two titles, action packed, dramatic at parts, but has a little more silliness, since it follows younger characters.

Oh, and for something newer, you might want to try Gurren Laggan(sp?), I haven't seen it myself, but it's as popular a title as Death Note and Code Geass these days. Hope there was something helpful I said in there good luck.
Old 2008-09-05, 09:36   Link #9
SNT
Special

Thanks I'll try out Ghost in the Shell, the name sounds familiar... the other two, I've already seen them (although Cowboy Bebop many years ago and not completely, maybe in the future I'll watch it again). Gurren Lagan seems interesting (I watched the first ep.) and I'll go on with it... thanks for your advice now I was watching Fate/Stay Night, but after I finish it (today) I'll go on with the others... yep u were also helpful.
Old 2008-09-07, 17:29   Link #10
Vashar

I seem to sense that you like tragic love stories with a fantasy background as opposed to a normal life romance. I haven't yet watched 2, 3, 5, and 6 yet, but like all of your other favorites.

One more chance to plug two of my favorites.
- Allison & Lilia (the girl is very charming in a tomboyish way and she ventures with her childhood friend on a dangerous treasure hunt they incidentally embark on)
- Bounen no Xam'd (not really a romance, but has a cute girl that reminds me Princess Mononoke and has a distinct fantasy setting)

Maybe you might like Kaiba. A psychedelic fantasy setting. The girl isn't exactly beautiful, but cute in relative terms. The girl body that the main character takes over is considered super cute.

An oldie but goodie, Full Moon o Sagashite isn't too fantasy like, but is tragic and the main character is very cute.

Last edited by Vashar; 2008-09-07 at 17:40.
Old 2008-09-08, 15:07   Link #11
SNT
Special

Thanks I'll try them right away . Btw, I don't have a liking for tragedy stories, it's just that it seems I attract them , wherever I look, whatever animes I try, there is one among them which has a bad end (or tragic one..almost the same for me)...thats all...but yep I really enjoyed some of them. Thx again for your suggestions.

Edit Later: Just seen some amvs...I put on my wish list both Allison&Lilia and Kiba...I'll watch them later after I finish my recent animes .
Closed Thread