AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-19, 17:49   Link #1
deathwishe23

Suggest me to a good romance anime

First of all i am mainly looking for serious romance/ love. The main character has to be a serious strong dependable person, almost like Akuto Sai in Demon King Daimao. It would be nice if theres comedy and a little bit of ecchi involved.
I take my time to thank everyone who contributes before hand and im hoping to finding some nice ones~~ =]
Old 2010-08-19, 17:53   Link #2
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I would recommend Cross Game and Toradora!
Old 2010-08-19, 18:16   Link #3
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Cross Game
Bleh, romance takes too much a backseat in Cross Game. Sitting through 20 hours of anime for 15 minutes of romance isn't my idea of efficiency. I'm going entirely by the manga, btw, I only saw a few eps of the anime. I ws so bored waiting for the romance to go anywhere I started skimming halfway through the manga. I finally get to the end, and the payoff leaves you like this: "That's it?"

Not that I even cared by that point. Adachi stories are all exactly the same but for the endings, which are either merely okay or complete brain rapes. The only one I've ever kept on the hard drive is that step-father/daughter one. Which was interesting and only one volume long (thank god!). Its setup is like one of his typical stories, only 20 years after the bad ending, lol.
Old 2010-08-19, 18:21   Link #4
JRendell
Manga Addict

Here's a few you should check out. Follow the links for a summary on the plot.

ef - a tale of memories
Rosario+Vampire
Zero no Tsukaima
Busou Renkin
Old 2010-08-19, 18:21   Link #5
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Toradora!
I'll second to Toradora for type of romance/main character they want.
MAL
Old 2010-08-19, 19:31   Link #6
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
Here's a few you should check out. Follow the links for a summary on the plot.

[url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/2993/Rosario_+_Vampire]Rosario+Vampire
Strong and dependable person.. where

Anyway I recommend Clannad. Angel Beats maybe, though well.. the romance isn't that visible until the last episode.. Well it's a good series anyway.
Old 2010-08-19, 19:38   Link #7
deathwishe23

Hmm sorry i forgot a add a list of romance animes i've watched xD ~silly me~
I've watched
Zero no Tsukaima ( loved it)
To Love-ru ( funny and enjoyable )
Sazuka ( really great developement of characters love it)
Maburaho ( nice one )
Rosario+vampire ( Liked everything about it except for the harem )
School Days ( The ending was just WTF - but taught a life lesson )
Toradora ( Thought it was ok )
Clannad ( made me cry girly tears )
Old 2010-08-19, 22:55   Link #8
MasterVinh

dude as a Drama/Romance anime lover, I recommend Clannad for sure.. it has good comedy and romance drama is always at the end .. prepare your heart for what's about to come .. and Laugh!"HAHA" then cry" :'( "
Old 2010-08-20, 03:19   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You know, there's about a dozen romance threads in this suggestion thread in the past two pages that you could use.
Old 2010-08-20, 09:07   Link #10
Dist

There's dozen of threads for everyone to use, but they still feel like making their own thread ? Why ? Maybe it's something about receiving help personally.. I dunno.

Even I do it sometimes, not with suggestions though.

Or : They can't just look further than '' New Thread '' ..
Old 2010-08-20, 09:25   Link #11
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

There should be a master thread for each genre if you ask me. A sort of "must" list of good anime. But not our call, right?

Anyway... I recommend:
Ai Yori Aoshi
Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka
Clannad (and sequel)
ef - a tale of memories. (and sequel)
I''s Pure
Suzuka
Toradora!
True Tears

Ai Yori Aoshi, I''s, & Suzuka are manga adaptations which do not cover the entire story, so if you want the whole deal, read the manga.
Old 2010-08-20, 17:45   Link #12
Patch&Quilt

NANA
Bokura Ga Ita
REC
Koi Kaze
Old 2010-08-20, 18:55   Link #13
MamoruUsagi

Mars
The Devil Does Exist
High School Debut
Fushigi Yuugi
Bokura ga Ita
Wild Act
Kare First Love
Paradise Kiss
Ayashi no Ceres
Happy Hustle High
Peach Girl
Akuma De Sourou
Black Bird
Marmalade Boy
Kare Kano
Sailor Moon
Ultra Cute
Missile Happy!
Fushigi Yugi
Sand Chronicles
B.O.D.Y.
Absolute Boyfriend
Land of the Blindfolded
Ceres Celestial Legend

These romance manga have the couple as boyfriend and girlfriend, dating and in deep, passionate relationships with lots of kissing and sex.

The Devil Does Exist is another great romance manga. Kayano and Takeru are dating and in a deep, committed, mature, sweet relationship. They are dating the whole time without breaking up and have a mature and loving relationship. Akuma De Sourou is great.

Fushigi Yugi Fushigi Yuugi is a great romance manga. It's a fantasy romance. Miaka and Tamahome are in love, engaged and have an epic fantasy romance. Fushigi Yuugi manga is great.

High School Debut is a sweet romance. Haruna and Yoh are dating and in a committed, loving relationship. Haruna learns about what it's like to have a serious boyfriend while dating Yoh.

Ayashi no Ceres is a passionate romance manga. Sex, making out in bed, drama, horror, action, fantasy, pregnancy. A mature, exciting, intense romance manga. Manga is much better than the show.

Kare First Love The couple are boyfriend and girlfriend and in a mature, sweet relationship, dealing with realistic issues.

Happy Hustle High The couple are boyfriend and girlfriend, dating and in a sweet relationship.

Wild Act Yuniko and Ryu are boyfriend and girlfriend and deeply in love, but must face a lot of obstacles. They have sex fairly early on. A sweet and intimate romance manga.

Sailor Moon Usagi and Mamoru are boyfriend and girlfriend, lovers in a past life, get married, meet their future child.

Kare Kano Intense romance, committed couple.

Akuma De Sourou Amazing romance, couple is dating and in a serious relationship. Realistic.

Bokura ga Ita Great realistic romance.

Peach Girl Manga is better.

Fushigi Yuugi Amazing romance/fantasy series, couple is dating and in a deep relationship.

Paradise Kiss Great romance.

Missile Happy! Sweet romance manga about a couple living together.

Ceres Celestial Legend The couple is dating and in a mature, sexual relationship. Lots of kissing, many romantic sex scenes, making out in hotel rooms, a pregnancy.

Bokura ga Ita
Fushigi Yuugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Happy Hustle High
Wild Act
Kare First Love
Mars
Akuma De Sourou
Punch!
Sensual Phrase
Kare Kano
Absolute Boyfriend
Paradise Kiss
The Devil Does Exist
High School Debut
Love Attack
Ultra Cute
Absolute Boyfriend
Paradise Kiss
Missile Happy!
Sailor Moon
Peach Girl
Fushigi Yugi
Black Bird
We Were There
Marmalade Boy
Old 2010-08-20, 20:57   Link #14
deathwishe23

Thank you everyone who helped me
To all those that say i should check previous posts --
I have my own criterias and thoughts on what seperates a good anime from a bad anime
I've browsed through numerous threads and all of their questions do not satisfy my criterias
What am looking for is a romance anime where the main character is STRONG, DEPENDABLE and DECISIVE. So i have my certain needs in the animes i watch that the other thread do not have. That is the reason why i make my own thread...
Old 2010-08-21, 12:34   Link #15
Dist

^In this case, include what you are looking for in the TITLE.

This forum has ALOT of users who just read '' romance anime '' and go post their list. They do NOT read the opening post, or anything else others have posted, resulting in alot of posts that recommend the same animes and are nothing that the OP even wants :/

Sometimes I wonder what the point of a forum for them is .. oh well.
Old 2010-08-21, 16:24   Link #16
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwishe23 View Post
Thank you everyone who helped me
To all those that say i should check previous posts --
I have my own criterias and thoughts on what seperates a good anime from a bad anime
I've browsed through numerous threads and all of their questions do not satisfy my criterias
What am looking for is a romance anime where the main character is STRONG, DEPENDABLE and DECISIVE. So i have my certain needs in the animes i watch that the other thread do not have. That is the reason why i make my own thread...
I would suggest:

Cross Game
Crest of the Stars

both of which match that request very well.

in addition you requested comedy as well, so probably the best pick would be:

Full Metal Panic

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-08-21, 20:06   Link #17
deathwishe23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^In this case, include what you are looking for in the TITLE.

This forum has ALOT of users who just read '' romance anime '' and go post their list. They do NOT read the opening post, or anything else others have posted, resulting in alot of posts that recommend the same animes and are nothing that the OP even wants :/

Sometimes I wonder what the point of a forum for them is .. oh well.
Oh i c its cause most titles to post have a certain limit of words that are shown. So i tried to get the general idea of my post into it. Ill try next time to tell what im asking specifically for in the title
Old 2010-08-22, 01:48   Link #18
Dr. Casey

Any animes that involve cheating besides School Days and Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien? I can't think of any.
Old 2010-08-22, 08:02   Link #19
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
It's hard to find romance anime with a strong willed lead because the "ideal" Japanese women is young, nieve, pliable, and very girly.

People have mentioned Toradora. That one is good, though near the end the main (Tiga) becomes just like any other stock Shojo character.
A few people have said Clannad, but unless your willing to sit through a lot of unrelated episodes (Fuko ark = first 5 episodes) it's not for you. It's got a lot of life lessons, but the main girl is very girly. The lead guy character is ok though.

School Rumble 4Ever!
I'm on FB search "jym cl"
Old 2010-08-22, 13:47   Link #20
Dist

Weren't the OP looking specifically for strong willed lead .. male one, that is ? The girl's personality should be irrelevant. Unless we're talking about shojo anime here, then the '' lead '' should refer to male character.

... or maybe that's just how i see it.

Tags
anime, love, romance, serious