AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-01, 22:36   Link #81
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

from the promo images i wasnt gonna see this, since i just despiced the designs, but the pv provrd me wrong, still a little reluctantly since bones have been having such a bad job with their animes recently.
Old 2011-09-07, 23:47   Link #82
saya_leviathan

Un-Go Episode:0 to Run in Theaters Instead of on TV

Quote:
The official website for the Un-Go television anime series announced on Thursday that "Un-Go episode:0 Inga-ron" (Un-Go episode:0 Inga Chapter) will run in 12 Japanese theaters for two weeks only, starting on November 19. The 45-minute original story will not air on television.

According to the anime's official Twitter account, the episode will depict Shinjūrō and Inga's first encounter.
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 13:46   Link #83
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

30 second CM available on the site now with some new footage.

http://www.un-go.com/08movie/index.html

Looks even more awesome.
Old 2011-09-08, 15:00   Link #84
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
from the promo images i wasnt gonna see this, since i just despiced the designs, but the pv provrd me wrong, still a little reluctantly since bones have been having such a bad job with their animes recently.
Have you even seen the last few episodes of NO.6? I'll admit I lost interest for a bit but he last few episodes rocked.

People are posting images of the new Newtype already....No manga images yet.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 16:02   Link #85
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

The music is a bit different but I think I like it, guess that's probably the OP music.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 02:29   Link #86
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by saya_leviathan View Post
That's just... strange.

Wouldn't that cost them money? I am not sure it is worth the expense just airing the prologue like that. I mean, I know it is going to be sold as a single episode disc eventually, but why putting the first release in theatres where it would get LESS exposure than on TV?

People don't even know if the show is even going to be any good, so why would they fork out a movie ticket without knowing what they are getting?

Normally the "Movie" gets released after the TV run, when there is enough of a fanbase to have a guaranteed audience. I would say doing this backwards is downright insane.
Old 2011-09-09, 03:55   Link #87
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

They are screening Episode 0 in theatres after the release of the TV series. I guess it would be more accurate to say during] the release of the TV series. The premiere is October 13th while the screening is set for November 19th. Following a weekly release schedule, this would mean UN-GO would have aired 6 episodes, roughly half of the series. Screening Episode 0 in theatres is a marketting ploy- regardless of whether or not there will be an eventual DVD/BD release, fans will pay for an incredibly limited theatrical viewing.

In other news, does anyone know when the manga adaptations are suppose to run?
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 14:06   Link #88
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk View Post

In other news, does anyone know when the manga adaptations are suppose to run?
The Newtype manga is supposed to hit newstands any day now. I thinks some pics of other series have made it online already.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 20:59   Link #89
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

I only just now realized that this is going to be 11 episodes. Such a short series. I wonder if we'll get more than 1 season.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 21:05   Link #90
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Since it's a mystery series, I feel like it'll just drag if it's longer than 1-cour, so I think just what's established is fine.
Old 2011-09-15, 18:23   Link #91
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

the OP will be "How to Go" by School Food Punishment

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...o-opening-song
Old 2011-09-17, 21:30   Link #92
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tworble View Post
The Newtype manga is supposed to hit newstands any day now. I thinks some pics of other series have made it online already.
Read the Newtype one. Pretty interesting set up, though a bit of DEM going on with a particular character ... but this is just a character relation setting up chapter. I like how nothing was explained at all almost and I got more questions than answers after reading it..
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 16:08   Link #93
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

ANN just put up a nice big article about UN-GO and it has a lot of information about the setting/background so y'all should check it out.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 12:20   Link #94
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

This is the show I'm banking the most on bing actually, genuinely, good. The staff had made fantastic shows in the past, BONES means that the animation will be gorgeous, and the detective format will lead to many interesting stories in a short time span.

Considering how much I've been burned recently from noitaminA, I hope this isn't going to be the one that follows in the steps of Fractale, C and No.6.

Please don't be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
the OP will be "How to Go" by School Food Punishment[/URL]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I guess this is like the opposite of Go? Sitting? Or Chess, maybe?
(-_-)

Most informative song of the year, huh ...
Old 2011-09-25, 11:50   Link #95
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Opening theme

Old 2011-09-26, 20:56   Link #96
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

I think it looks very nice, looking at PV. The problem is that this might get forgotten due to tons of other animations that are stepping into Kami-title region (P4 + Fate/Zero). If this aired during previous season, it could've got much... much more attention.
Old 2011-09-28, 09:49   Link #97
Westlo
Lets be reality

2ch seems pretty down on this... reading washi's blog they've compared the CM to Senkou no Nightraid and are predicting less than 2500 units sold.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 10:40   Link #98
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Random trolls really, since the thread doesn't have a lot of posts, which is normal for am original ane with little info.
Old 2011-09-28, 11:15   Link #99
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Well, they are just 2ch sale-thread people who judge the popularity instead of quality.

Un-Go does not really look like something that can do major hit. It's detective series, after all. It's a genre that is on the bother line of minority and majority, which is ambiguous.
Old 2011-09-28, 15:40   Link #100
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

If this was a 2-cour show, I'd be all aboard it as probably being a sleeper hit (btw, it's depressing to use the word "sleeper" for anything BONES related today). But, it's a rare 1-cour show (especially the short 1-cour, ie: 11 episodes) that doesn't end up being a train-wreck in my books, so I'm going into it with low expectations in the hope they'll be blown away.

Senko No Night Raid was the last 1-cour show I've seen that was good and used its time wisely, and UN-GO certainly gives me similar vibes, so here's hoping. It is a shame, though, that shows like this are never very popular (trying to find timely subs for Night Raid was impossible, and I believe its sales numbers were abysmal). So, while UN-GO may end up being another 1-cour trainwreck in the vein of Fractal, I'm just glad it was even given the chance to be on the air, considering it's probably not going to be a smashing financial success, and will definitely be giving it a watch.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aikawa, bones, mizushima, noitamina