AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-20, 16:37   Link #81
Kirarakim

Well the rumor mill is already starting. On live journal there are people mistakingly claiming that the girl was a Higurashi fan.
Old 2007-09-20, 16:42   Link #82
BakaOnna

Either way, this won't be pretty or end well.

I have a question. Do anime/shows actually get canceled in Japan for stuff like this? I know they've postponed that episode in FMP with the hijacking, and they've banned an episode in Pokemon because it was related to earthquakes that just happened. But would they actually cancel Higurashi if people thought it influenced the girls' actions?
Old 2007-09-20, 17:02   Link #83
shigure asa

Send a message via MSN to shigure asa
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
Either way, this won't be pretty or end well.

I have a question. Do anime/shows actually get canceled in Japan for stuff like this? I know they've postponed that episode in FMP with the hijacking, and they've banned an episode in Pokemon because it was related to earthquakes that just happened. But would they actually cancel Higurashi if people thought it influenced the girls' actions?
there is still a chance that kbs will air it since it's still on the schedule
if not, it looks like a BAD END for higurashi
Old 2007-09-20, 17:14   Link #84
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigure asa View Post
there is still a chance that kbs will air it since it's still on the schedule
if not, it looks like a BAD END for higurashi
If AT-X doesn't show it then it's BAD END
Old 2007-09-20, 17:18   Link #85
Omfgbbqwtf

O wow... That's quite something....As long as the case doesn't prevent higurashi Kai from continuing, I can wait for awhile... I guess..
Old 2007-09-20, 17:54   Link #86
Chibi_Faerie
Challenging fate head on!

I'm sure once the truth comes to light about why she murdered him the way she did and it's not related to higurashi that it will be alright. Be nice to find an article that is staying on one track though. between it being simply because of her father cheating on her mother, or abusing her or the family, or both, either way it sounded like the guy wasn't the greatest man alive or about to win any father of the year awards. The news report was friggin wacky looking. Pointers? Little boards with sticky pull offs...? Geez... I can see Steve Murphy now... Holding a brightly colored board telling a gravely serious news story... Ya... Any how, it seems like people are more quick to jump and blame anime and video games or tv shows. I remember when a woman put up this really big fuss when my brother was in Kindegarten, she made the teachers ban bugs bunny and relations from school. Too Violent... I know this is really off the beaten path but what I am saying is anyone will pick at something no matter how great or how little violence there is in something. I think it should more be lookedat as someones own choice to do what they did. Not the influence of the show. It may have influenced their decision on how to do it. But it's the person and the stress causing a frailty of their mind. Higurashi shows how this can happen actually. I'm not surprised that higurashi pointed to in this incident. Though surprised that it's been effected this much considering the episode in question happened in the first season, last year. Over a year ago as was mentioned in an earlier post. Is there a posibility there were more flash backs in this episode perhaps to give enough grounds to post pone or cancel further airing altogether...? Because if so I would understand it a little better out of respect to the family. Though I hope we don't lose the rest of the series altogether. I really was enjoying the unraveling of the mystery.

Either way, I know higurashi hasn't turned me into a heartless psychotic murderer. Sure I joke about showingall stupid people of the world the meaning of wantanagashi :P but if I meant that then I wouldn't be here right now spending all this time typing this up. I'd be running myself ragged trying to cleanse the world:P... I know I jumped around a lot, but just had a bad day and felt like ranting about something.
Old 2007-09-20, 18:14   Link #87
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

I hope something like what happened to FMP Season 1 doesn't happens: Getting delayed for almost 3 months because of 9/11
Old 2007-09-20, 18:18   Link #88
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
The media is known as masskomi in Japan, which comes from the word "mass communication." As with any other first world country, the media is filled with bunch of baseless bullshit so Japanese people mock it with the word massgomi, where the word "gomi" means trash.
That's nice to hear, anyone who despises the sensaniolist crap which usually passes for journalism these days deserves praise.

Quote:
She mentioned that she wanted to be a mangaka (a fairly popular dream among young adults) so the cause of all this must be all this godforsaken animé-stuff we hear about on the news."
Hey, if she had said she wanted to become a nun, would they have closed a few churches? Of course not. If she wanted to become a writer would book releases have been delayed. Of course not. The hypocricy is sickening. I might actually even watch School Days as a sign of protest.

Quote:
I'm sure once the truth comes to light about why she murdered him the way she did and it's not related to higurashi that it will be alright.
I suspect mainsteam media might not bother to report it because "anime series made me do it" is so much more "thrilling" news than say "I hated my father's new girlfriend".

Quote:
Because if so I would understand it a little better out of respect to the family.
Call me weird but the family with the possible exception of the perpetrator, probably hasn't even heard of Higurashi. The way to show respect would be not to make this into a top news story or at least not start a witch hunt. Of course, that's impossible in today's journalistic world, alas.

Old 2007-09-20, 18:19   Link #89
MarthX

AT-X is the only station that still lists School Days 12. I think there's a strong chance they will show it.
Old 2007-09-20, 18:25   Link #90
Chibi_Faerie

True the family probably never heard of it, but if there was a flash back to that episode Iwas saying I would understand them postponing the airing of it till things blow over. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And I agree, dragging it all over the news feels incredibly disrespectful to the family. In other news, apparently a paper in Ireland reported it in one of their international collums saying that the girl killed her father with an ax because she 'didn't like him', according to my friend there. My bet is anything released on the story about the truth is going to get twisted or watered down. I'll be alright with waiting to see what happens next but I just hope they wont cancel it altogether.
Old 2007-09-20, 18:34   Link #91
Mappy
Eat This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
AT-X is the only station that still lists School Days 12. I think there's a strong chance they will show it.
Let us hope they hold true to their apparent intentions in respect to School Days. As for Higurashi, with no new news about cancellations of episode 12, I dare suggest we might be lucky.
Old 2007-09-20, 19:24   Link #92
BakaOnna

Y'know, Higurashi got caught up in this all because of the weapon/method she used to kill her father. If she used a knife or some, god forbid, normal weapon, would the people on 2chan still found the connection between the two? Sure, the girl's situation was slightly similar to that of Rena's, but surely that would not have caused such a ruckus over this series.

At least she didn't use a bat.
Old 2007-09-20, 19:27   Link #93
MarthX

Spoiler for violence and size:
Old 2007-09-20, 19:31   Link #94
Chibi_Faerie

*Points tomanga picture* in the words of my little brother....

:
Spoiler for Stuff:
Old 2007-09-20, 19:49   Link #95
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Jesus... This is MADNESS, MADNESS?! THIS IS MASSGOMII!!

okay enough with the joke, i can see why the media can pinpoint this incident to stuff like higurashi and school days.. but seriously this doesn't look good for the future.. (or maybe until the "axing" hype cools down) all i can say.. petition? mass demonstration (higurashi style?) lol
I hope there is anime protection agency...yea rite.. -_-
Old 2007-09-20, 20:06   Link #96
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Frankly I think it's pretty close to Claymore.
Spoiler for Claymore 24:

But really this is pretty damn annoying. I mean school days wasn't looking all that good and if it gets delayed it's no big deal. But if something bad happens to Higuarashi because of this then that's something I'm going to be upset about. Seriously hope this doesn't get any more out of control then it already has. Probably things won't go to the worst case but you can't get that slight nervousness out of the back of your mind concerning the series.

I do feel bad for the guy who died. Just so I don't seem completely insensitive.
Old 2007-09-20, 20:06   Link #97
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Hey, if she had said she wanted to become a nun, would they have closed a few churches? Of course not. If she wanted to become a writer would book releases have been delayed. Of course not. The hypocricy is sickening. I might actually even watch School Days as a sign of protest.
this just smells Miyazaki Tsutomu Round 2, you know, when there are pervert serial killers from all kinds of people, doctors, lawyers, cooks, IT techs, whatsnot. But when just one pervert serial killer turns out an otaku, the anime industry is blamed. I think the current anime industry is just too scared to face another such impact, so they decide to play it safe
Old 2007-09-20, 20:39   Link #98
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Come on she dressed in black first. Obviously she was cosplaying this:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-20, 20:49   Link #99
iczelion74
Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
If AT-X doesn't show it then it's BAD END

Well theres always the DVD releases, although that will take an ungodly amount of time to get to us.
Old 2007-09-20, 20:50   Link #100
sezen_atacan

I don't know if you guys mean "cancelled" is equivalent to either indefinatley or permanently.
Does this mean no Matsuribayashi-hen?

Do you think it might lead to harsher censorships?
Closed Thread