AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-16, 15:05   Link #1081
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I don't think there is any confirmation as to when they're going to change the OP and ED but my guess is maybe after Goku turns Super Saiyan? Of course I'm just guessing so I'm not so sure. I actually really like the new OP and ED, they're actually pretty catchy.
If they mean to save it until Goku goes SSJ, then it's only going to be used for a handful of episodes (that is assuming DB Kai ends at Frieza's arc), so that doesn't seem very practical.

I think we're stuck with this one the whole way through, which is fine by me since I totally dig it. Head Cha La was great, but "dokkan dokkan" is pretty damn enjoyable in its own right as well.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 15:52   Link #1082
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
If they mean to save it until Goku goes SSJ, then it's only going to be used for a handful of episodes (that is assuming DB Kai ends at Frieza's arc), so that doesn't seem very practical.
True, it still is a possibility that Kai is ending at the Frieza arc but I thought the anime is slated for 100 episodes? I imagine that's enough for the whole DBZ series considering all the filler being cut.

Quote:
I think we're stuck with this one the whole way through, which is fine by me since I totally dig it. Head Cha La was great, but "dokkan dokkan" is pretty damn enjoyable in its own right as well.
Agreed, the current OP and ED is a pleasant surprise.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 16:05   Link #1083
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michsi View Post
Sorry for being a bit off topic here, but does anyone know when they're planning on using an new OP and ED. I have to be honest I've never really liked the new ones for kai too much ( maybe it's because I compare it Head Cha La, one of my fav Openings of all time) so I can't wait until they change it. Logically if they didn't change it until now it means their saving it for the Cell saga although I was hoping one would be dedicated to the namek saga alone
Nothing has been said about it, but this being Toei we're talking about, I wouldn't be surprised if the OP/ED stays the same through the entire series. It almost seems like Toei has something against changing the openings... I mean, just look at how long all the One Piece-openings (except Brand New World and the We Are-remix) stuck around.
Old 2009-10-16, 16:12   Link #1084
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
True, it still is a possibility that Kai is ending at the Frieza arc but I thought the anime is slated for 100 episodes? I imagine that's enough for the whole DBZ series considering all the filler being cut.
MAL is the only source I know of so far that has provided an episode count, which stated it as "50". Whether that's official or not is up in the air, but it's the only thing I can go by at this point.

To be honest though, I think it'd be best to leave it at the Frieza Saga and call it a day. I was never a big fan of the Androids, Cell, and Buu arcs.

Old 2009-10-16, 16:31   Link #1085
DeX-kun

Quote:
MAL is the only source I know of so far that has provided an episode count, which stated it as "50". Whether that's official or not is up in the air, but it's the only thing I can go by at this point.

To be honest though, I think it'd be best to leave it at the Frieza Saga and call it a day. I was never a big fan of the Androids, Cell, and Buu arcs.
Ah, I see. I missed that, it does say that it's at 50 episodes. I wouldn't mind so much if it does end at the Frieza arc but I will miss Gohan's first transformation to SS2.

Spoiler for Vegeta:

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-10-16, 17:26   Link #1086
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Ah, I see. I missed that, it does say that it's at 50 episodes. I wouldn't mind so much if it does end at the Frieza arc but I will miss Gohan's first transformation to SS2.
I actually think the end of Cell Saga would've be the perfect place to cap off the series with Goku passing the mantle on to Gohan and all, but I just don't wanna go through the whole rigmarole that led up to that point. I mean, aside from Gohan's awesome transformation (not just in power, but in character as well), there really wasn't much that I liked about that arc.

Cell is no Frieza or Vegeta in terms of antagonistic presence. Vegeta's character was completely neutered, going from killer badass to grumpy, second-rate tag along. There's no sense of that grand interplanetary adventure found on Namek, or the campy "invaders from space" fun from the Vegeta Saga. I also didn't like Trunks or any of the Androids. I think it was from this point that the series began to feel derivative, as if it were dragging along just to milk the franchise.

Maybe Kai could do a better job with it, but as it stands, I don't think I'd be in for round 2, even despite Gohan's awesomeness.

Old 2009-10-16, 17:53   Link #1087
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Once again, there is no confirmed proof as to exactly how many episodes DB Kai will have. The values of 50 and 100 that have been going around are nothing but conjecture.
Old 2009-10-16, 17:55   Link #1088
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Once again, there is no confirmed proof as to exactly how many episodes DB Kai will have. The values of 50 and 100 that have been going around are nothing but conjecture.
Hence, my disclaimer:

Quote:
Whether that's official or not is up in the air...

Old 2009-10-16, 18:18   Link #1089
DeX-kun

Quote:
I actually think the end of Cell Saga would've be the perfect place to cap off the series with Goku passing the mantle on to Gohan and all, but I just don't wanna go through the whole rigmarole that led up to that point. I mean, aside from Gohan's awesome transformation (not just in power, but in character as well), there really wasn't much that I liked about that arc.

Cell is no Frieza or Vegeta in terms of antagonistic presence. Vegeta's character was completely neutered, going from killer badass to grumpy, second-rate tag along. There's no sense of that grand interplanetary adventure found on Namek, or the campy "invaders from space" fun from the Vegeta Saga. I also didn't like Trunks or any of the Androids. I think it was from this point that the series began to feel derivative, as if it were dragging along just to milk the franchise.

Maybe Kai could do a better job with it, but as it stands, I don't think I'd be in for round 2, even despite Gohan's awesomeness.
I'll have to kindly disagree with your statement about Cell in terms of antagonists. In my opinion, Cell was a refreshing take on the "villain" because he demonstrated more fear than any other antagonist in this series, but I'll elaborate on that later. Granted, Frieza and Vegeta were both great as antagonists and I very much enjoyed their cockiness and arrogance in their respective roles but I'm glad Cell was just as cocky and just as arrogant and not only that, but he brought wit and sarcasm along for the ride. I'm only referring to his Perfect Cell form though, I wasn't fond of his prior transformations.

Cell's fear showed us how much he didn't care to throw his pride away just to survive. Now I'm not saying that Cell wasn't prideful but he wasn't ashamed of throwing that away if it meant living. This was something different, at least for me, plus the wit and sarcasm sealed the deal

But I do agree that the journey to Gohan's SS2 transformation was rather lackluster but if they were to keep going, I wouldn't mind watching it, if only for Cell and Gohan.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2009-10-17 at 00:24.
Old 2009-10-16, 21:27   Link #1090
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
There is nothing to go by at this point because there is no official info. If there's no confirmation on the matter, why follow that source in the first place?

Quote:
I don't see why Toei would stop at the Freeza saga, to be honest. Kai's ratings have been very strong, and anything Dragon Ball related is very well received in Japan for that matter.
Old 2009-10-16, 22:28   Link #1091
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
There is nothing to go by at this point because there is no official info. If there's no confirmation on the matter, why follow that source in the first place?
Because it's really not a big deal. MAL has a fairly good track record and usually treads cautiously with this sorta stuff. I'm not saying that makes their info absolutely true, but at least it's something.

Quote:
I don't see why Toei would stop at the Freeza saga, to be honest. Kai's ratings have been very strong, and anything Dragon Ball related is very well received in Japan for that matter.
I don't see why they would either, but I personally hope they do.

Old 2009-10-16, 22:53   Link #1092
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Because it's really not a big deal. MAL has a fairly good track record and usually treads cautiously with this sorta stuff. I'm not saying that makes their info absolutely true, but at least it's something.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but why would they be the only source saying that? I didn't take a look at the link you posted, but how exactly did they come to that conclusion (50 episodes)? Toei Animation should be the only credible source for making such a statement, since they are the company that produces the actual episodes.

Edit: I just looked at the link and the episode count is the estimated 100 number, not 50. Even then, that's still just a rumor.
Old 2009-10-16, 23:07   Link #1093
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

I really don't why you're trying to make a thing of this, but you sound as if we're conducting scientific research here. I already know the information is not guaranteed to be accurate, I blatantly mentioned it, and I've also stated that I don't care. I'm fine with going on their rumor, despite the possibility of it being false.

If I actually cared enough, then yes, I'd go by official statements from Toei or investigate MAL's claims further. But again, it's over the episode count for DB Kai, and this is all very silly and inconsequential.

Old 2009-10-16, 23:17   Link #1094
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I really don't why you're trying to make a thing of this, but you sound as if we're conducting scientific research here. I already know the information is not guaranteed to be accurate, I blatantly mentioned it, and I've also stated that I don't care. I'm fine with going on their rumor, despite the possibility of it being false.

If I actually cared enough, then yes, I'd go by official statements from Toei or investigate MAL's claims further. But again, it's over the episode count for DB Kai, and this is all very silly and inconsequential.
I'm not making a big deal out of this . I'm just saying that one shouldn't post unconfirmed information since that can mislead a lot of people. For example, there are some that already believe Kai will end after the Freeza saga just because of that false 50 episode count. People should be informed of the correct things so as to avoid any confusion, that's all.
Old 2009-10-17, 00:12   Link #1095
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Hence, my disclaimer. And that means we've just come full circle. Oh, the evil things you do.

Right. So, as an attempt to steer this ship back on course...Ginyu Force! Episode 28! Huzzahs all around!

Old 2009-10-17, 00:31   Link #1096
Michsi

Quote:
I'll have to kindly disagree with your statement about Cell in terms of antagonists. In my opinion, Cell was a refreshing take on the "villain" because he demonstrated more fear than any other antagonist in this series, but I'll elaborate on that later. Granted, Frieza and Vegeta were both great as antagonists and I very much enjoyed their cockiness and arrogance in their respective roles but I'm glad Cell was just as cocky and just as arrogant and not only that, but he brought wit and sarcasm along for the ride. I'm only referring to his Perfect Cell form though, I wasn't fond of his prior transformations.

Cell's fear showed us how much he didn't care to throw his pride away just to survive. Now I'm not saying that Cell wasn't prideful but he wasn't ashamed of throwing that away if it meant living. This was something different, at least for me, plus the wit and sarcasm sealed the deal
Well I'll have to disagree with that Plenty of villains in the series have shown REAL fear when put in tight situations. Example : Piccolo Sr.,especially during his last fight with Goku when he realizes that the kid is stronger than him and uses Tenshinhan to gain the uper hand. Cell wasn't the only villain to throw away pride in favor of surviving.

In fact Toriyama has never shyed away from down right humiliating his villains, I guess he wanted them to be as ruthless and cocky as much as possible to make their defeat more pleasing (My guess anyway)
Villains now a days, at least from what I've seen and read, are treated far more kindly, most get to keep some sort of dignity .
Michsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 10:18   Link #1097
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Hence, my disclaimer. And that means we've just come full circle. Oh, the evil things you do.
My avatar says it all .

Quote:
Right. So, as an attempt to steer this ship back on course...Ginyu Force! Episode 28! Huzzahs all around!
Indeed. I'm very excited to hear what their voices will be like, since they've been assigned an all-new voice cast. I'm also certain that Kenji Yamamoto has quite a few new pieces of music reserved to go with their arrival and the whole subsequent Freeza fight. From now on, this is truly where the Freeza arc is at its best.
Old 2009-10-17, 10:31   Link #1098
justavisitor

Quote:

That's why we need buu's arc...I agree that Vegeta got neutered in Cell arc...that's why we need Buu's arc to officially establish Vegeta as the real man/real second hero after Goku...of course the price is that Gohan got nerfed in the Buu's saga...so depending on your camp, if you are a Vegeta's fan (like me) you would like the Buu's saga better, and if you are a fan of that Gohan, you won't like Buu's saga at all

By the way, I like future Trunk much much more than that kid Trunk...Trunk is the only one who kills all the big names like Frizea, 17, 18, and cell!!! He kills all those bad guys and he is the only saiyan who never plays game with those bad guys...I like his professional attitude
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 10:37   Link #1099
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
That's why we need buu's arc...I agree that Vegeta got neutered in Cell arc...that's why we need Buu's arc to officially establish Vegeta as the real man/real second hero after Goku...of course the price is that Gohan got nerfed in the Buu's saga...so depending on your camp, if you are a Vegeta's fan (like me) you would like the Buu's saga better, and if you are a fan of that Gohan, you won't like Buu's saga at all
At least Gohan became the undisputed strongest at the end of the story, just like it was foreshadowed since Raditz's fight with Goku and Piccolo. That should appease the fans of Gohan, somewhat .
Old 2009-10-17, 14:53   Link #1100
justavisitor

Quote:
At least Gohan became the undisputed strongest at the end of the story, just like it was foreshadowed since Raditz's fight with Goku and Piccolo. That should appease the fans of Gohan, somewhat .
you mean at the end of the cell arc?? if you mean it's at the end of the buu's arc, then we have the endless debate of mystic gohan vs goku SSJ3 Plus, the ending of the buu's saga is 10 years after the battle between goku and kid buu... unfortunately gohan has once again become a nerd at that time (he even wears glasses )...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote