AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-30, 20:14   Link #41
EliteJounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
I don't see anything wrong with Sasuke.

I like his character, makes him a perfect companion and rival for naruto, they are opposites.

Spoiler:

As for him ignoring Sakura, I don't think he ever liked her. You don't have to act nice to everyone. Who cares if a girl loves you with all her heart, he don't have to love her back.

You people make it seem like he has to like everyone. Remember he finds Sakura annoying and cold hearted.
He doesnt find her cold-hearted... just annoying.

And you know? I find it funny that some of you guys, not all, are hating Sasuke just because he's like that. Like some other people said on this thread... his personality and behavior is similar to other characters in other anime shows. As you have described: selfish, egotistical, and all that other bad stuff you say about him. That's a hypocritical comment. Why dont you say that about Naruto. Naruto is surely egotistical... actually he was in the earlier episodes. Not as much now.
Anyways... if you compared them both... Naruto was even more conceited than Sasuke. Yet you notice this about Sasuke and not Naruto. Funny...
I do admit that he is self-centered, but he cares for his comrades.

You dont like him but you'd like that anime character who is almost like him? Possibly, some of you people dont like him just because others dont like him. While others truly dont like him. I see that most of you gained a hatred fot him because of what some other people think of him and so you have been persuaded to not liking him. What annoys me, though, is how some of you "Sasuke-haters" make up new terms for him that dont describe him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
sasuke is a bitch, cry baby, self loathing, wanna-be-sharingan-master, with a bug up his ass... i hope he falls off a cliff and doesnt summon something to break is fall
Cry-baby and wanna be Sharingan Master? Really... when did he cry and how is he a wanna be Sharingan master? He goal is to be the strongest shinobi so he can defeat his brother. Lets not forget that he wants to resurrect his clan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malta
Sasuke just represents a lot of the darker and more complicated emotions. I personally find him to be much more complex and interesting than Naruto, generally more realistic as a human character. A lot of people aren't great at accepting things and moving on. There are very few people like Naruto in the world, really, I think...and many more like Sasuke. Negativity appeals to me, I guess it doesn't to most. Evil bastards are just more phun. And they're teh sexi. Well. Not Orochimaru.

It seems funny how people like Shika for being lazy, and yet criticise Sasuke for it. Not quite sure how this makes him unlikeable, but that could just be because I've never admired hardworkers and that whole attitude. Losers. Heh. I liked pre-Naruto influenced Neji. It's a shame the main theme in the manga is 'hardworkers always win!!!111' but there are far too many intriguing characters to abandon it.

Uh. Anyway, back to Sasuke. He's a selfish little thing, too. Although he protects Naruto in the Haku fight, and later, it's for his own selfish reason of not wanting to see anyone important to him die. It's all about HIM. I suppose that's another thing the average person dislikes?
Yep... that is what i mean. "It seems funny how people like Shika for being lazy, and yet criticise Sasuke for it."
Old 2003-11-30, 20:44   Link #42
Booyah9
Inactive Member

Well, at first I really didn't like Sasuke. In the beginning arc he seemed just too one dimensional, as did Sakura. Not only that, but he already had just about everything he needed, being the genius of his class and a person everyone talked about in "whispers" and such. I tend to favor the underdog, so I side with Naruto. I also like the clear growth Naruto is showing, whereas Sasuke's isn't so pronounced.

As the show has gone on Sakura and Sasuke have gotten better I think. They've at least expanded Sasuke's personality and motivation a little, even though I still don't think the core concept is very original. My only real gripes with him are:
He steals Kakashi away from Naruto a bit too much, and those two make a funny combination. Granted the author of Come Come Paradise was great too.
So far I've gotten a bit tired of Sasuke either saving everyone or easily overcoming a tough obstacle. I have a feeling many of the Sasuke fans feel the same way about Naruto almost always overcoming his obstacles as well, I think it's the same type of thing.
In general I'm not a big fan of the uber strong Ninja with a messed up past template, and we so far have Neji, Gaara, and Sasuke all filling that role.

Anyway, I don't really find anything about him appealing, but I don't really actively dislike the guy any more.

And I wouldn't call Naruto selfish. He craves attention because he's been lacking respect from others his whole life. He acts tough because if he doesn't the collective weight of his loneliness will crush him. Sasuke on the other hand wants no attention and will get the power that he wants even if it is at the expense of others. Fortunately Sasuke is moving away from that little by little, and becoming more easy to like.
Old 2003-11-30, 20:56   Link #43
EliteJounin

But Naruto isnt selfish... though you made a very good point Booyah9
Old 2003-11-30, 21:00   Link #44
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

Send a message via AIM to smee
Sa-sue-kay or Sas-Kay?
Old 2003-11-30, 21:02   Link #45
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
Saas-kay ;-) lol
Old 2003-11-30, 21:04   Link #46
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

doh! i've been saying Sa-sue-kay, heck sa-sue-kay sounds better so i'm gonna stick with it. indeed.
Old 2003-11-30, 21:10   Link #47
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteJounin

He goal is to be the strongest shinobi so he can defeat his brother. Lets not forget that he wants to resurrect his clan.
... you mean hes not gay?
Old 2003-11-30, 21:11   Link #48
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

yeah smee its sas-kay i said sas-u-kay when i first started watching it makes more sense when your talking about an english or american person named sasuke but not japenese

oh another reason i dont like sasuke hes a dead end character he hasnt shown any growth the only reason he changed a little bit at all was because he was with naruto but in the manga
Spoiler:

and while were somewhat on the topic of pronunciation is
Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-30, 21:11   Link #49
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lst2touchdasky
HO HO HO!!!!!
Old 2003-11-30, 21:16   Link #50
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

he is gay hes just too stupid to relize that he cant have kids with oro duhhh
Old 2003-11-30, 21:20   Link #51
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

highlight those talking things in lee's sig. they're quite scary.
Old 2003-11-30, 21:26   Link #52
EliteJounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lst2touchdasky
As in homosexual?
Why would you think that?
Old 2003-11-30, 21:35   Link #53
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

hahahaha why would you think that sasuke is gay hahahah waht a ridiculus question there are many reasons why sasuke is gay one is that he has like every girl in konoha after him and he doesnt do anything whats up with that huh number two is
Spoiler:

Last edited by Lee-pimp; 2003-11-30 at 21:45.
Old 2003-11-30, 22:13   Link #54
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
JOJOS'STAR, spoiler tags there
There at least I now I must not read If I new I'd be spoiled I would have get the F***** Mangas... (No offense to the mangas)
Old 2003-11-30, 22:15   Link #55
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
Lee-Pimp, her name is Tsunade, and its pronounced Soo-Nade
Old 2003-11-30, 22:42   Link #56
TheGreatYakoshi
The Baka Mangaka Returns!

Naruto compared to Sasuke, eh?

Yes, both Naruto and Sasuke can come off as selfish, but the difference is the intention behind it.

Naruto wants strength for the purpose of becoming Hokage.
He wants to be Hokage to have everyone acknowledge his strength.
Sasuke wants strength so he can get revenge.
He wants revenge so...he'll have revenge.

Look at where these choices lead. Granted, neither one of them could know entirely what lies in store for them down their respective paths (they ARE just 12, after all). But they should have an idea, at least. Hokage is, simply put, an honorable title. You become Hokage, you do great things (at least we know Naruto would, even if by his own special "charismatic" means). But what's gonna happen to Sasuke?

"Sasuke, you've finally killed your brother and avenged the death of your entire clan. What are you going to do now?"
"...uh...oh shit."

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-30, 23:05   Link #57
CoolMofo

I chose the inbetween.

I don't hate him or like him. Sasake's there to push forward the story and I'm fine with that but we'll see I could change my mind as the manga progresses.
Old 2003-11-30, 23:29   Link #58
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatYakoshi
Sasuke wants strength so he can get revenge.
He wants revenge so...he'll have revenge.
Dont you think youre trivializing Sasuke's revenge? Poor bastard went through a lot, he's gonna be more than a little screwed up emotionally and his personality obviously suffers from it. I dont think his revenge is for 'revenge sake'. No one in his situation would ask "hmm..What kind of satisfaction will revenge bring me in the long run?" Revenge is about instant gratification!! To fill that insatiable void with some sort of consummation!!

I say 'Go Sasuke'!! Be an obsessive asshole if thats what it takes!
Old 2003-11-30, 23:51   Link #59
Dryad
Steam Counter-Spoon 1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
Dont you think youre trivializing Sasuke's revenge? Poor bastard went through a lot, he's gonna be more than a little screwed up emotionally and his personality obviously suffers from it. I dont think his revenge is for 'revenge sake'. No one in his situation would ask "hmm..What kind of satisfaction will revenge bring me in the long run?" Revenge is about instant gratification!! To fill that insatiable void with some sort of consummation!!

I say 'Go Sasuke'!! Be an obsessive asshole if thats what it takes!
Can't say i agree with you. It's true that he seek revenge and he's ready for everything in order to do it but he doesn't have to be a complete asshole. I mean would you see Naruto acting the same way as Sasuke just to be the Hokage? I know it's not the same thing but i do believe that Sasuke doesn't need to be a jerk in order to achieve his goal.
Old 2003-12-01, 00:18   Link #60
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Yeah, I dont think revenge and tight-ass have to necessarily go hand in hand, but in Sasuke's case he has to take revenge against his own brother. Hes probably had to force all feelings aside so that hes eventually capable of that, and in turn hes become quite an unaproachable and detached person. I dunno, it seems like hes done a lot of brooding and mix that with loneliness you can become quite a dark person.

ANYway! I dont know what Im talking about, I really only like sasuke cuz he has cool hair! ah-mazing!
Closed Thread