AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2010-06-03, 08:33   Link #441
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm using version 2.4.2 shipped with Kubuntu 10.04. It has a setting to "enlarge smaller images" that was switched off by default. I enabled it, and it seemed to do a pretty good job of automatically resizing.
How do you make it so it doesn't zoom to fit by default?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 01:58   Link #442
TidusBlade
西瓜の騎士

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
How do you make it so it doesn't zoom to fit by default?
There is no way to do so by default but for me in Gwenview 2.4.3 there is a Fit and 100% button in the bottom toolbar to toggle between the 2 modes. It seems to be a pretty new feature so if you don't have it try grabbing the latest version off the gwenview site, *buntu repos have always been slow to update in my experience =/ There is no way to set which mode is on by default afaik though, it's always set on "Fit" by default so you gotta change it every time you start the program.

If you're still looking for a sequential image viewer/manga reader I'd highly recommend QComicBook. It's also Qt4 based so doubt you'll need any extra libs to use it, assuming you already got gwenview up and running. It also reads from zip/rar archives and I've found it flexible enough for my needs, give it a try
TidusBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 03:07   Link #443
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidusBlade View Post
There is no way to do so by default but for me in Gwenview 2.4.3 there is a Fit and 100% button in the bottom toolbar to toggle between the 2 modes. It seems to be a pretty new feature so if you don't have it try grabbing the latest version off the gwenview site, *buntu repos have always been slow to update in my experience =/ There is no way to set which mode is on by default afaik though, it's always set on "Fit" by default so you gotta change it every time you start the program.

If you're still looking for a sequential image viewer/manga reader I'd highly recommend QComicBook. It's also Qt4 based so doubt you'll need any extra libs to use it, assuming you already got gwenview up and running. It also reads from zip/rar archives and I've found it flexible enough for my needs, give it a try
Yeah, having to disable zoom to fit every time is annoying.

But QComicBook seems to do the job right. So thanks for sharing it.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 14:08   Link #444
joy_animefreak

What would be a good free program for convetering mkv to avi? One that does do subtitles. I have been trying several and some say they do subtitles but they don't. I was using AlltoAvi. But that one isn't working right now. So I need one simlar I think to it. thanks

P.S. Please keep in mind that I suck at understanding computer or complex things so an easy one please!!! thanks
joy_animefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 06:03   Link #445
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
My new printer (HP DeskJet 4580 connected by wireless) didn't come with any photo printing software so I need a piece of software that will do the following...

1. Fit the image to the page for printing (without lopping bits off) with either minimum or no input required to do so.

2. It should work with printers connected wirelessly.

Before anyone suggests GIMP I already have that installed (and have for a while) and it wouldn't send to the printer and the only other program I have installed (corel snapfire) will fit the image to the page but it always cuts bits of the original image (and it isn't that good at upscaling images).

I have been given the option to download windows live photo gallery through the HP printer software so would that do what I need (if there isn't any other suggestions for suitable software).
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 07:03   Link #446
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Irfanview gets a lot of good reviews as a graphics viewer.

Whether the software can print to a wireless printer should depend on whether the computer has a definition for the printer. Nearly all Windows software I know of prints via the operating system rather than talking directly to the printer across the network.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 05:38   Link #447
demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

Whether the software can print to a wireless printer should depend on whether the computer has a definition for the printer. Nearly all Windows software I know of prints via the operating system rather than talking directly to the printer across the network.
It could just be that my version of GIMP is woefully out of date since I installed it well over a year ago (but then I did install corel snapfire just after I built this computer but then what do I know).
Old 2011-01-31, 08:34   Link #448
Tiberium Wolf

I need a backup software that do this:

1- Can select what to backup and where. Like select a directory and have it write backup in another drive in a specific folder
2- Can schedule a daily backup.
3- When backing up in the destination folder is MUST NOT overwrite the other backups. So what I really need is the program to creating files with different names not deleting or overwriting old backups.
4- Must be freeware.
Old 2011-02-25, 01:51   Link #449
seven|x_x
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノ​ヽノ \ / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I need a backup software that do this:

1- Can select what to backup and where. Like select a directory and have it write backup in another drive in a specific folder
2- Can schedule a daily backup.
3- When backing up in the destination folder is MUST NOT overwrite the other backups. So what I really need is the program to creating files with different names not deleting or overwriting old backups.
4- Must be freeware.
pretty sure cobian backup does all that.
seven|x_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 17:21   Link #450
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I am looking for an excutable uncompiler. I lost my old hard drive and left with only various version of the excutables for my visual novel game. RPG VX/Ruby was what compiled the game, I want to be able to uncompile but having no luck finding a program that does it effectively.

Edit: Found one http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70525

Last edited by Daisu; 2011-11-09 at 05:51. Reason: Found One
Daisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 08:13   Link #451
Tiberium Wolf

Right now I am trying to figure out where my BSOD are coming from. The only recent stuff I installed was the lastest winamp.

Uninstalled it. Now I need an alternative to winamp while I wait to see if a BSOD happens or not.

Anyone know any? I got this one called MusicBee but I dont quite like it's interface. Functions ok thou.
Old 2013-04-11, 08:47   Link #452
Random32
Also a Lolicon

VLC man. Da bes media player evvarz.

Umm. Have you tried FooBar2000? What about just going with older version of WinAmp?

btw, have you looked through BlueScreenView and run Prime95 and Memtest to try and catch other problems? Updating WinAmp doesn't really seem like a BSOD inducing change to me.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 08:55   Link #453
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Foobar is the best audio player for me. Haven't got away from it after trying it a few years back.
Old 2013-04-11, 09:06   Link #454
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Right now I am trying to figure out where my BSOD are coming from. The only recent stuff I installed was the lastest winamp.

Uninstalled it. Now I need an alternative to winamp while I wait to see if a BSOD happens or not.

Anyone know any? I got this one called MusicBee but I dont quite like it's interface. Functions ok thou.

What is the BSOD error code ?
Old 2013-04-11, 11:13   Link #455
Tiberium Wolf

This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0xBDD91)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF9AEFDD91, 0xFFFFFFFF9CE7CB98, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

This was probably caused by the following module: hal.sys (hal!KfLowerIrql+0x61)
Bugcheck code: 0x8E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF9AEFDD91, 0xFFFFFFFF9CE7CB98, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I get these 2 from info of the mini dumps. The only software I installed recently was the lastest winamp with winamp essentials.
I already tested the mem and nothing. Cleaned the dust in pc removing the mem and putting them back and still got a BSOD this morning. Updated all windows updates. Updated video drivers. The BSOD is kind random. Dunno when it happens.

Maybe I should make a thread of this.

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2013-04-11 at 11:29.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 08:33   Link #456
demonix

Quote:
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0xBDD91)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF9AEFDD91, 0xFFFFFFFF9CE7CB98, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

This was probably caused by the following module: hal.sys (hal!KfLowerIrql+0x61)
Bugcheck code: 0x8E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF9AEFDD91, 0xFFFFFFFF9CE7CB98, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
I just did a quick google and both of those blue screens were caused by a memory access violation.

Also have you checked for any BIOS updates since that has been listed as a fix to the problem (also disabling and BIOS memory options such as caching and shadowing have also been mentioned as a way to fix it).
Old 2013-04-12, 09:58   Link #457
Tiberium Wolf

I making a new thread for this
Old 2013-05-22, 18:53   Link #458
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Need something which can screencapture and also edit video with basic functionality (maybe insert music, etc): tons of options out there, would like a suggestion.

//
Something that can add captions with special effects would really help. (ie: special text effects such as how certain fansubs have fade in/fade out lyrics)

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2013-05-22 at 21:30.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 05:59   Link #459
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So the anti-virus suite that came together with my laptop just told me it's expiring and that i should buy and renew my license.

However, i wanna save money and thinking of getting a free anti virus suite instead. Which anti virus suite do you recommend?
Old 2013-12-05, 08:07   Link #460
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Avast! (free antivirus version, not the whole shebang) and Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) are the free pieces of software most recommended nowadays: MSE is very light on resources (though total system scans can take a long time compared to more resource-intensive engines and some antimalware certification sites keep clamoring to whomever is willing to listen that MSE's detection rate is dropping) and thus has little impact on performance, but Avast! is sometimes said to offer a lil' more than MSE. Avast's interface is also more sophisticated and offers more options...which can be good for those who like tweaking the hell out of their apps...or bad for those who don't like fiddling around.

Tags
software