AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 48 35.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 29.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 19.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.75%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-24, 22:12   Link #81
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ha, well, it makes a lot of sense that laura would say that. haha.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-02-24, 22:17   Link #82
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
As I've said, there was no-way Charlotte's reaction could compete with the ones above... I mean, c'mon, look at them...

I think her reaction would've just seemed 'out of place' among such ridiculous/hilarious faces... lessening their "impact"
I guess Charlotte really doesn't mind sharing :d. Oh well, it's a bit of shame that I didn't get to see her reaction. However, the bath scene was enough to satisfy my weekly dose of Charlotte. Man, Kana Hanazawa really knows how to kick up the notch when its comes to the moe factor.

"Boku no isho, iya~?"

HNNNNGGGGGGGG *faints*
Old 2011-02-24, 22:33   Link #83
ZeKeR
Superbad

dear god.... DOUBLE DOWN!!!!!!!!
Old 2011-02-24, 22:40   Link #84
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Charlotte's legs!!! and Laura's hips!!! to look forward to next episode

Serious stuff -> Would really like to see Charlotte in a better IS. Seems she is one of the most skilled.
Old 2011-02-24, 23:25   Link #85
Who

You mad, Houki?

Yeah, she mad.
Old 2011-02-24, 23:25   Link #86
Auron Requies

This episode was FULL OF WIN!

I don't believe it, but that ending was just, the frigging best! This just made my day.

And the action/teamwork, awesome.
Old 2011-02-24, 23:30   Link #87
ZeKeR
Superbad

so she finally wore the alternate uniform.... saintess and kanon will be pleased.

btw....

she STILL shares a room with Ichika since the school registry is... umm... she's a guy... right?
Old 2011-02-24, 23:37   Link #88
karuroso

T_T I think it might be much less stressful for Charlotte to reveal her real identity as girl, but what she did must be one of the most dumbest moves possible in the love war, now she'll move rooms and of course we'll now have less Charlotte now

Anyway Laura indeed surprised with that kiss, and as expected when she goes dere will be truly something to behold =D
Old 2011-02-24, 23:38   Link #89
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*cold sweat*
Eh? I was able to calm down a little during the end, but the "story" that was before the end, in other words, the entire episode reminded me of the Chaos of Kabutoborg... Only not in a good meaning, but painful meaning... Everything... was just so... bad! I couldn't believe it myself... If I was an anime character, I'd be like (;;;O;;O;;; ) or something like that..............
As for the end......... Yeah, yeah, Eyepatch is now part of the harem. Her falling for Ichika probably topped Cecilia's "falling in love" in randomness...

I guess if there was something good to say about the episode, it was Ichika getting beat up by Houki. Yeah...

PS: Eyepatch's running... is normal! Most normal, anyways. Then Rin, then Houki, then Charles, then Cecilia.
PPS: She really was Cinque-nee after all... Not only appearance, but story-wise...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-02-24, 23:38   Link #90
D-Gold
Aurum

ok Laura really took me by surprise in this episode. I agree with the whole class in the ehh!? moment. I knew she was going to join the harem eventually but not in that way. Funny how she went from hating him to I am going to be your wife dere mode in about a day.

I also loved the part where Houki beat up Ichika for being dense. If Charlotte was really a boy he should have been the main male protagonist he isn't nearly as dense as our current main protagonist or maybe Ichika's friend that lived off campus that appeared for that one episode.
Old 2011-02-25, 00:08   Link #91
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
This was the most win episode of the series so far. Awesome battle, with Charlotte being such a bag of hidden tricks. Love that spike arm.

Ichika's got the density of neutronium. And Laura's classic German takeover!!
Its called a Blitzkrieg. With Germany a swift attack is best.
Old 2011-02-25, 00:27   Link #92
Lou0wnZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throne Zwei View Post
I think we can stop with the "cliched this cliched that" We don't need to be constantly reminded every single damn time. You people just need to just learn to enjoy the show for what it is.

Oh and I don't recall 6.5 = 1.
I voted the wrong one. Tried to go back once I did it, but couldn't do it. Of course, you could believe or not.

And I mentioned the cliched thing because I wanted to say that it's related to the characters for me, and this series don't really have good... characters.

Besides Charlotte.

Oh yeah, I forgot I watch this because of the plot! So awesome! /sarcasm.

@edit
Forgot to say, you guys don't mind the fact that Rin uses her IS to attack Ichika whenever she is jealous? Both times, he would have died from the blow. She is an idiot, of course, but even so. Furthermore, how did she active that so fast?I just watched once, so I might be wrong there.
Old 2011-02-25, 00:33   Link #93
Forsaken_Infinity

The battle was CRAPPY as it could get. Only cool thing was Charlotte's levelheadedness and bravery. REALLY WISH Ichika had lost just for the heck of it. It would have been much better to see him deal with a loss there and accept that he was rescued by teachers bla bla. Would also have actually made the Valkyrie Trace System look anything respectable. But no.. they had to make it a joke. Oh well. The whole ChifuyuxIchika ordeal was pathetic to say the least.

Houki was more or less just part of the background this episode. Oh man...way to kill a character. She did NOTHING after all that talk about what it meant to her bla bla.

Rin and Cecilia don't even exist anymore, sorry.

Moving on to Laura. Totally random revelations and even more random change of heart. Like I said in her character thread, while it was bad enough that other girls were falling for Ichika for no apparent reason than being defeated by him or "I will protect you too" etc., it was really not sufficient for Laura given how she was literally trying to end his existence and full of hatred for him seconds ago. At least she doesn't deny her interest and is gutsy enough to take charge though. Not even close to Charlotte in terms of awesomeness but better than every other girl simply for being awesome enough to admit her feelings, however awkwardly. I didn't like that she was blushing when she pronounced Ichika her wife. Would have been better if she had said it matter-of-factly.

And I would have saluted her if she had chosen to turn a lesbian and pursue Chifuyu while only looking out for Ichika. Not happening with this crap harem, I guess.

And finally, the good part. Charlotte was fucking awesome this time too. And I am glad they didn't ruin her character off the shelf. That bath scene was the only non-random relationship advancement scene in this entire show so far. She is the only girl who has been properly built. And she was the only one who didn't give a heinous reaction to that kiss. I would have loved it if they had included a smile from her though. Just the type she was giving Cecilia and Rin in infirmary the other day. You know, the smile that says "Ara ara you want him too now, do you? Unfortunately for you, I am the only goddess in the temple of his heart. Kiss him all you want, that's about all you are getting off him anyway." You know, the cruelly benevolent type
Old 2011-02-25, 00:43   Link #94
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I believe that Charlotte is confident enough to not freak out over every thing that goes on
Old 2011-02-25, 00:44   Link #95
HandofFate

damn. general comments on episode 8.

Charles IS PRO!!!
The best technical fighter out of the main casts so far.

also, really? The whole tournament is canceled? You can't just postpone it for the next day?

Also, Ichika totally deserves the hits, Houki landed on him. I wanted to punch him too.

also. oh man. Laura stealing the first kiss.

The original 3 girls better pick up the pace.
Old 2011-02-25, 00:47   Link #96
Acadia

I'm suffering from a severe fever + virus, so the last 2 minutes of that show were way funnier than I thought they should have been. Random girl smashing through the wall to attack him, the kiss, and even Charlotte wanting everyone to know she's a girl was just simply awesome. With the announcement of yet ANOTHER new classmate, I was rolling my eyes at that point saying 'Oh now who is it?'. Hehe
Old 2011-02-25, 00:50   Link #97
EroKing

I think Ichika he is being an airhead on purpose, all according to his keikaku
Old 2011-02-25, 01:13   Link #98
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
also, really? The whole tournament is canceled? You can't just postpone it for the next day?
At this rate I don't think they'll ever get to finishing any tournament at all.

Quote:

The original 3 girls better pick up the pace.
Unfortunately I get the feeling that both Cecilia and Rinn have been downgraded to a comic relief duo.

Houki stays on because she's the "first" childhood friend so we can't ignore her.
Old 2011-02-25, 01:56   Link #99
monir
cho~ kakkoii

In the age of current fansubbing where word for word translation in general is frowned upon highly, I was seriously worried the fansubbers would correctly word Laura's declaration to Ichika instead of subbing that line for what it is. Just rewatched the episode with Ayako's version, and looks like those guys got it! Good job guys and gals in Ayako.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Its called a Blitzkrieg. With Germany a swift attack is best.
Old 2011-02-25, 02:10   Link #100
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Welcome to the harem Laura!!!

Have to say Houki's reaction to the kiss was the best. Too bad they didn't show Charlottes.