AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-28, 04:04   Link #1
Kunagisa

Kuroko no Basket

Announcement
*Courtesy of ANN via MN's Twitter for the confirmation.

Homepage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staff
Director: Shunsuke Tada
Series Composition: Noboru Takagi
Original creator: Tadatoshi Fujimaki
Character Design: Yoko Kikuchi
Animation: I.G.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cast
Kuroko Tetsuya: Ono Kenshou
Kagami Taiga: Ono Yuuki
Kise Ryouta: Kimura Ryouhei
Midorima Shintarou: Ono Daisuke
Aida Riko: Saitou Chiwa
Koganei Shinji: Eguchi Takuya
Izuki Shun: Nojima Hirofumi
Hyuuga Junpei: Hosoya Yoshimasa
Quote:
Originally Posted by MU
Kuroko is a member from the legendary middle school basketball team known as "The Generation of Miracles", and while nobody seems to know about him, the main five players of the team all admit that he is a better player, the phantom sixth player. When he joins the high-school basketball team, everyone is surprised to find out that he is small, weak, and easy to miss. What is the secret that makes him so strong, and how will he help his high-school team?
So far, only news is this will be handled by IG. Will provide further update as I find them ...Updated.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2011-12-16 at 18:59.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 06:07   Link #2
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

HELL YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

This is my number. one manga currently, although everybody keep saying its a rather mediocre, but I just love it.

The basket sure its very unreal but man its so goddamn pleasing for highlight-reel basket move for me (hence why I'm such a fags for Daiki, kyaaaaaaaa...)

OMG can't wait for

Spoiler for future event:
Old 2011-09-29, 20:58   Link #3
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

When Kuroko show everyone his abilites for the first time will be interesting to see pulled off. Especially everyone's WTH ? faces.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 16:33   Link #4
Excorsism

Spoiler for Spoilz:

Is there a date on when this is airing yet?
Old 2011-12-16, 18:39   Link #5
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Is there a date on when this is airing yet?
This scheduled for April. Here's hoping more than 5 people watch this amid all the crazy crap airing that season ...

Quote:

Cast:
Kuroko Tetsuya: Ono Kenshou
Kagami Taiga: Ono Yuuki
Kise Ryouta: Kimura Ryouhei
Midorima Shintarou: Ono Daisuke
Aida Riko: Saitou Chiwa
Koganei Shinji: Eguchi Takuya
Izuki Shun: Nojima Hirofumi
Hyuuga Junpei: Hosoya Yoshimasa
Need more Onos imo (first guy's Harry Potter apparently), also didn't expect to see Chiwa here.

Quote:
Director: Shunsuke Tada
Series Composition: Noboru Takagi
Original creator: Tadatoshi Fujimaki
Character Design: Yoko Kikuchi
Staff info from ANN. We have the Prince of Tennis director (so appropriate lol), but with Takagi (Drrrrrrrrrrrrr, Baccano, and Jigoku Shoujo) the pacing will probably be sllloooowwwwwwwwwwww.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2011-12-16 at 18:52.
Old 2011-12-16, 19:44   Link #6
Undertaker

No way, this is getting animated?!!! Damn, with all the JUMP series that is already on and the way this series has been overshadowed by other JUMP series, I didn't think there was a chance for this getting anime adaption.
Old 2011-12-16, 19:59   Link #7
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
No way, this is getting animated?!!! Damn, with all the JUMP series that is already on and the way this series has been overshadowed by other JUMP series, I didn't think there was a chance for this getting anime adaption.
Tell me about it, this was announced the same day as the Medaka adaptation!
Old 2011-12-16, 20:55   Link #8
Undertaker

That sounds great,but man, how many JUMP series can be on air as same time? We already have Big Three (though Toriko seem to be replacing Bleach for the past year), Toriko, Gintama, HxH, and even Sket Dance, hard to think there are more room in prime time for more JUMP anime they are literally tapping into the medium mess that is the JUMP system.

Still this is great news think I'm fan of both manga as well.

Though for the record I', totally blame the whole over-shadowing things to OP (even though I'm a huge fan of the series)
Old 2011-12-27, 10:41   Link #9
Katapan
俺様祭り

Ehhhh, there's actually already a PV for this!

Character design is OK for the most part, but I can't help but feel that Kagami's is off. T_T I guess it's close to his design from the recent chapters, but I liked the early one better so bleh. Midorima looks like he came straight out of Junjou Romantica lolol, it's gotta be Kikuchi Youko's way of drawing hair + glasses. Not a huge fan of Ono Kenshou's Kuroko yet, but I can probably grow used to that. On the other hand, Ono Yuuki sounds great.

(If I sound overly negative, it may just be due to very high expectations. :P After all, I do find the manga to be the most entertaining series in WSJ right now.)
Old 2011-12-27, 10:53   Link #10
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Woooo, finally trailer! All good for me, no complain
Now let hope the bball game animation actually good.
Old 2011-12-27, 10:59   Link #11
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I didn't mind Kagami's look much, but BLARGH KUROKO'S DESIGN. What happened to his shota-ish look... Now he just looks like your lethargic average guy. ;_;

And I'm kinda skeptical about the musical choice... It seems there is this trend for basketball series to get the 'street punk' music and style attached to it... It's something I personally dislike coming off the horrible adaption of Dear Boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
(If I sound overly negative, it may just be due to very high expectations. :P After all, I do find the manga to be the most entertaining series in WSJ right now.)
I've had nothing but dislike for Kuroko for a long time, but I've been enjoying it quite a lot ever since the... introduction of a certain person after the first confrontation with the... light of the shadow.

The most recent game in the manga for one, really clinched it for me. Felt really intense.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 11:10   Link #12
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Kuroko's looks is already bishounen like since the art got "improved" by the time passed, so I have no problem with his anime design.

Quote:
I've had nothing but dislike for Kuroko for a long time, but I've been enjoying it quite a lot ever since the... introduction of a certain person after the first confrontation with the... light of the shadow.
I like it a lot since more kuroko "old friend" got introduced especially when the manga version of "Lebron" come

Quote:
The most recent game in the manga for one, really clinched it for me. Felt really intense.
The recent one or the recently scanlated one?
Old 2011-12-27, 20:53   Link #13
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
The trailer kinda makes Kuroko look 'not small', but the general design looks like it's pretty much straight from the manga. The design of the cheek/chin area makes everyone look....like their head is too long or something? Something is a bit off in that area. I'm more interested in seeing "that" manager tbh =03.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 00:41   Link #14
Undertaker

Kuroko isn't "that" small to begin with. Other than the comedy scene, the manga is usually going for realistic scale. For once, 10 cm shorter doesn't mean you're chest height.
Old 2012-01-23, 15:50   Link #15
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

granrodeo will perform op
Old 2012-02-01, 14:26   Link #16
Katapan
俺様祭り

Premiere on April 7th on MBS and Tokyo MX. That's a Saturday so it looks like the show will be taking over Shana III's timeslot. After NuraMago, KuroBas continues the trend of fairly popular WSJ series not necessarily scoring prime time slots anymore... needless to say, the choice is really baffling considering the series has pretty much nothing to do on an otaku timeslot. (Besides pandering to fujoshi, that is.)

I've also been starting the manga again thanks to the French release starting its run, and I still find the early designs so much more appealing It'll definitely take quite a bit of time to grow accustomed to the anime designs.
Old 2012-02-01, 14:39   Link #17
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post

Premiere on April 7th on MBS and Tokyo MX. That's a Saturday so it looks like the show will be taking over Shana III's timeslot. After NuraMago, KuroBas continues the trend of fairly popular WSJ series not necessarily scoring prime time slots anymore... needless to say, the choice is really baffling considering the series has pretty much nothing to do on an otaku timeslot. (Besides pandering to fujoshi, that is.)

I've also been starting the manga again thanks to the French release starting its run, and I still find the early designs so much more appealing It'll definitely take quite a bit of time to grow accustomed to the anime designs.
It is also revealed that Medaka Box (which Media Factory owns the anime's rights) will also premiere this April, but will air on TV Tokyo's late night slot.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 15:05   Link #18
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice to see Kuroko's passes animated.
Old 2012-04-07, 16:15   Link #19
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Oh man.
My Basketball can't possibly be this shonen jump-esque!

But I like it,especialy the "Riko vision"!

Kuroko showed some larry bird-esque passing ability,now if only he had the shooting and dribling to go with it

But I get it,this is shonen jump so I guess they're gonna use this premise to show the importance of TEAMWORK!I look forward to our two heroes bonding over their differences!
Old 2012-04-07, 17:05   Link #20
Katapan
俺様祭り

I have to say this is a better start than what I was expecting. The trailers totally lacked any kind of oomph and I thought this might just end up being some sort of half-assed adaptation, but the first episode was actually fairly fun - the abuse of stills wasn't as bad as I'd feared, we might even get some decently animated parts, and the voices are also working much better in the actual show than in the PV (Ono Kensho in particular).

Besides, they've managed to make the GRANRODEO work with a sequence that gets you pumped up! Aomineeeee 8D On the other hand, I've had Hyadain's song stuck in my head for a few days so I obviously love it, but it's a shame it doesn't get more animation to go along with it, especially after you've more or less associated the guy with the Nichijou OPs...

I also feel that this season is going to make Hosoya Yoshimasa shine yet again, his roles here and in Apollon will be a blast o/

Last edited by Katapan; 2012-04-07 at 17:16.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen