AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2012-06-30, 01:20   Link #61
JPblueser
Guitarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
OR, they can just skip all the fillers stories and focus on the important stuff like in the second season which frankly isn't the worst idea and have worked out pretty well.

But the most damning piece of evidence is why would they need to "emphasizes that it will be a "completely new Hayate the Combat Butler" based on Hata's original concepts." or specifically mention that this "...not refer to the new anime as the third season as Hata once did before then"

(Admittingly the latter does sound kind of making a big deal out of a small thing)
Well... We are not sure if the "completely new Hayate the Combat Butler" part is indeed what is written on that scan. It's merely the way ANN gave us the message. I'm studying translation at College, and I know for a fact that depending on how you choose the words in the "output language", you can cause a certain A effect or a B effect. If this is the case, they really made a big deal out of nothing.

The "based on Hata's original concepts" is a way of trying to attenuate the damage they caused with the previous statement. All of this is still too vague though.

One thing for sure. The "'or specifically mention that this'... not refer to the new anime as the third season as Hata once did before then" is an extremely biased information.
Old 2012-06-30, 01:58   Link #62
JPblueser
Guitarded

Spoiler for Uhhh... A little thing I noticed:
Old 2012-06-30, 08:18   Link #63
tsunade666

0_0

Disaster! what a DISASTER! the hell with the announcement. It didn't help at all. It just adds confusion and worry to the manga fans.
Old 2012-07-03, 22:40   Link #64
hinakatbklyn

More good news. (I think)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...not-3rd-season

As much as I want to see more Hayate no Gotoku, I would of prefered going with a third season instead of new material.
New material may be interesting, but it's still wait and see until the fall season.
Old 2012-07-04, 00:55   Link #65
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I seriously, honestly, have zero idea what could have happened behind the scenes that led to this decision- Who exactly is this new Hayate no Gotoku for? The fans? Cause I'm pretty certain nobody was actually begging for a reboot.

Or could this be what the prophecy had spoke of- in that Hata is REALLY going all out of his way to promote the Hayate/Nagi end even if he has to wipe the slate clean...?

P.S - It's like Manglobe doesn't want to succeed in life -_-
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 01:30   Link #66
JPblueser
Guitarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
More good news. (I think)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...not-3rd-season

As much as I want to see more Hayate no Gotoku, I would of prefered going with a third season instead of new material.
New material may be interesting, but it's still wait and see until the fall season.
No comments.
Old 2012-07-04, 02:38   Link #67
TJR

I'm not sure if the new series is necessarily a reboot. Provided that the writers avoid contradicting canon and refrain from referencing (and introducing) any major developments, they could easily draw up scenarios set during some indeterminable point in the story.

You could call it a filler series if you want. However, a potential advantage is that it's easier for new viewers to follow. Long-time fans are also likely to watch the show if the content is good (Hata is on board to help ensure this).
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 02:51   Link #68
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Since the movie.... I really hope this will be done better... I really missed the cast especially Hayate and the gags...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 06:40   Link #69
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
I'm not sure if the new series is necessarily a reboot. Provided that the writers avoid contradicting canon and refrain from referencing (and introducing) any major developments, they could easily draw up scenarios set during some indeterminable point in the story.

You could call it a filler series if you want. However, a potential advantage is that it's easier for new viewers to follow. Long-time fans are also likely to watch the show if the content is good (Hata is on board to help ensure this).
What bothers me is that they're VERY specific in emphasizing that this isn't the third season this is something new- There's no need to say that if you're just going to follow the timeline but with new material.

Either way it's pretty much saying no A-tan.

As for new viewers... I'm pretty sure if you're not a fan of the series by now, you're not going to get into it ever And even in the off chance there are newbies, I'm pretty sure they would still want the Anime to follow the manga main storyline.
Old 2012-07-04, 08:16   Link #70
madmac

I suspect the problem with following the manga storyline is that they're really, really far behind. Like so far behind that if they went that route they'd be stuck 4-5 years behind the manga forever unless they had the ability to do 50 episode seasons and that's never going to happen.

I wanted to see the Mykonos arc too, but still...

I think what we'll see is more quasi-filler. It'll be written by Hata so I imagine he'll be careful not to contradict the manga so that they're free to go back to adapting the manga down the road if they really want to. (Using the more or less current set-up as a starting point.)
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 08:19   Link #71
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
I suspect the problem with following the manga storyline is that they're really, really far behind. Like so far behind that if they went that route they'd be stuck 4-5 years behind the manga forever unless they had the ability to do 50 episode seasons and that's never going to happen.
...I don't get it, how does having tons of material suddenly a bad thing?

Nobody's asking them to adapt each and every single story- God and Santa Claus knows only a portion of them are important developments anyway.
Old 2012-07-04, 09:19   Link #72
madmac

Quote:
...I don't get it, how does having tons of material suddenly a bad thing?
It's a great thing for a long-running shonen series that never goes off the air. It's potentially a problem for a series that is cleared for just 13-26 episodes and who can't assume they'll ever get another season. No one really wants their end date for the hot new season to be stuff that happened 3-4 years ago in the manga.

I'm not saying they had to do is this way. Obviously, they could have done a hyper-compressed take on Eotw/Mykonos that was all plot and very little laughs and probably confusing as hell for new viewers because of all the stuff they had to cut, not to mention the massive tone shift. Hell, it's what I wanted them to do, problematic as it was. There would have been benefits to going that route if only because it's a fan favorite arc, but the chance of that appealing to newbies (Which is one of the main points of doing manga adaptions) would be pretty slim.

Plus, as I said, after all that they'd still be way behind the manga, so if they ever did get a chance to do another anime/movie/ova whatever, they'd basically be looking at the exact same problem as last time.

The advantage of just saying "screw it, we're using the current set-up and running with it" is that it's both easier for new audiences to follow along and also makes things hella easier for them to do another season down the road because technically they're caught up now. Like, if later on they want to do the arc that's just starting up now, they can just do that and not worry about plowing through 6-7 years of back story just to be hip to what's happening in the manga these days.

Really though, the movie was the testbed for this. It was well received in Japan so they're already pretty confident they can make a new season work the same way.
Old 2012-07-04, 09:34   Link #73
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
It's a great thing for a long-running shonen series that never goes off the air. It's potentially a problem for a series that is cleared for just 13-26 episodes and who can't assume they'll ever get another season. No one really wants their end date for the hot new season to be stuff that happened 3-4 years ago in the manga.
Tell that to never ending whinings for another FMP Anime- I'm pretty sure 3-4 years isn't going to be a problem as long as they know it's coming.

Again, what new audiences =_= ? If people haven't gotten into the series after tons of manga volumes, 2 Anime seasons and a movie, they're NEVER going to start now- You don't go this far then turn around and start thinking about 'new viewers'. And like I've said, there are tons of filler material in those 100 chaps give or take, there's no need to Animate all of them.

In the end all they're doing is annoy the hell out of their current fanbase by making them wait EVEN LONGER for what they want.... If it would come at all now.
Old 2012-07-04, 09:59   Link #74
madmac

Quote:
In the end all they're doing is annoy the hell out of their current fanbase by making them wait EVEN LONGER for what they want.... If it would come at all now.
Honestly, if they aren't going to do Mykonos now, they probably never will.

Don't get me wrong, what they're doing is kinda nuts, but we don't know the situation behind the scenes. The Second Season didn't move that many DVD's and JC staff evidently wasn't interested in doing another season. It's entirely possible that what we're getting now is the only thing we could get.

And hey, it could turn out good. It's a long shot maybe, but you never know!
Old 2012-07-05, 01:15   Link #75
JPblueser
Guitarded

Enough whining for me. There's just no use. I'll simplily be open-minded about it.

As long as they manage to not contradict the original story so much, I'm fine with it. I'll swallow my pride and trust Hata.

But I'm still pretty excited about it nevertheless. =)
Old 2012-07-05, 06:54   Link #76
Mentar
Banned

I thought that the movie was already a big disappointment, especially the disastrously bad and inconsistent art by Manglobe. Getting even more "original anime" from them instead of a proper season 3 from J.C.Staff is highly frustrating to me, sorry.

There's near-uniform agreement between Hayate fans that the story is at its best when she's following a plot. Hata on the other hand is obviously scared sh!tless of continuing here, because either he needs to start to wrap up the story or annoy people by prolonging things indefinitely. So he's padding his latest chapters with pointless fluff to procrastinate.

Sorry. No smiley from me here.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 13:24   Link #77
JPblueser
Guitarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I thought that the movie was already a big disappointment, especially the disastrously bad and inconsistent art by Manglobe. Getting even more "original anime" from them instead of a proper season 3 from J.C.Staff is highly frustrating to me, sorry.

There's near-uniform agreement between Hayate fans that the story is at its best when she's following a plot. Hata on the other hand is obviously scared sh!tless of continuing here, because either he needs to start to wrap up the story or annoy people by prolonging things indefinitely. So he's padding his latest chapters with pointless fluff to procrastinate.

I know what you mean, but we are in no position to complain at this point. What is done is done.
We only have to hope this new anime will be "good enough" and performs well in order to at leasts have hopes of seeing a future "True Season 3"

Well, let's be at least a little optimistic. Hata is part of the staff, so the story probably won't wander off so much like late-season 1.

On a side note, have you checked the most recent chapters of the manga?
Things are starting to get interesting again, I'm serious!

Spoiler for "Mistery Room" arc:
Old 2012-07-05, 14:38   Link #78
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

which begs the question of why Hata did the "End of the World" and "The Greek Island" arc.
Old 2012-07-05, 23:13   Link #79
JPblueser
Guitarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
which begs the question of why Hata did the "End of the World" and "The Greek Island" arc.
I'm not sure, but I'm glad he did. =D

But I did read somewhere that it was actually one of the first stories Hata came up with. But then it was rejected (go figure).

The whole story about Nagi and her butler would have come later (and, to think of it, perhaps Nagi is a sort of alternative version of Athena - in the sense that both are/ were Ojou-samas). It was accepted this time and then he managed to insert his original story into it (probably with a few changes). Ironically, it seems to have become a favourite among the fans.

But, frankly speaking, for some reason the whole Athena saga seems to be even more emotional when inserted into this context.
Old 2012-07-06, 00:45   Link #80
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
This.

I found Manglobe's art in the movie quite terrible. It made the characters look very weird. If that is what they can do for a movie, I shudder to think how bad the TV version could look like.

I don't see what was so bad about the J.C. Staff version that required the production committee handing it to yet another studio. Then again, maybe J.C. Staff didn't want it anymore.

I'll give it a try anyway, but I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the past two seasons.