AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-13, 06:27   Link #201
knowngni
Lover of Onee-sans

After finished watching the anime, went to play the PC version just because I wanted Satsuki's route and well. I dunno if its me, but did they use the same voice actors in the pc version as the anime?

They all seem about same to me except for Chisato but when I looked up the VA's only the PSP and Anime should be using the same ones unless the entire cast was using aliases except for Oboro.

Side note: I AM VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED! We don't get a Hazuki route. Why have the eroge gods forsaken me! Where is the staple older Onee-san Teacher route we usually get!
knowngni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 06:47   Link #202
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowngni View Post
After finished watching the anime, went to play the PC version just because I wanted Satsuki's route and well. I dunno if its me, but did they use the same voice actors in the pc version as the anime?

They all seem about same to me except for Chisato but when I looked up the VA's only the PSP and Anime should be using the same ones unless the entire cast was using aliases except for Oboro.
It's just aliases. They're all the same, including Chisato, between the PC game, anime, and PSP game. (Of course, the fact they use aliases means they can pretend that it's "someone who sounds really similar!", and that's somewhat important in terms of maintaining your image in certain circles, even if other circles can see right through it.)
Old 2012-10-13, 07:15   Link #203
hyl
reading #hikaributts

The only named character that i know who is not voiced by the same seiyuu in the game is Kana. For reasons unknown she was voiced by Iguchi Yuka in the anime. Maybe Kana will have a cameo appearance in Ima Sugu Onii-chan ni Imouto da tte Iitai!?

Last edited by hyl; 2013-06-12 at 14:03. Reason: late fix
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 11:14   Link #204
knowngni
Lover of Onee-sans

Good to know. It was bugging me a bit.

Seriously though, I havent even gotten to Satsuki's route yet, ended up doing Isara's after Chisato's. It's really pissing me off that the most annoying thing about this game though is that you cant skip those certain dramatic scenes (*cough*chisato.sobbing*cough*). I don't give a damn about her at all QQ
knowngni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 13:18   Link #205
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowngni View Post
Seriously though, I havent even gotten to Satsuki's route yet, ended up doing Isara's after Chisato's. It's really pissing me off that the most annoying thing about this game though is that you cant skip those certain dramatic scenes (*cough*chisato.sobbing*cough*). I don't give a damn about her at all QQ
Now you basically know why she was controversial to game players at the time. You must play her route first, and she's an unstoppable element of every other route. On the one hand you might say that makes the game a bit more realistic than some others where the other heroines just seem to take a convenient exit to backstage, but it can also provoke mixed feelings in the reader too.
Old 2012-11-27, 16:09   Link #206
Mystic_Vegetto

I've had this game for a while now but I just got around to playing it a couple of week ago. I've played the eroge version for PC and I have the PSP Limited Edition which I bought a couple of months ago. Maybe someone can clarify something for me in Non-chan's route of the PSP game?

For Non-chan's route:
Spoiler:

My Thoughts/Review:
Spoiler:
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 21:46   Link #207
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Vegetto View Post
I've had this game for a while now but I just got around to playing it a couple of week ago. I've played the eroge version for PC and I have the PSP Limited Edition which I bought a couple of months ago. Maybe someone can clarify something for me in Non-chan's route of the PSP game?

For Non-chan's route:
Spoiler:
Can't reread the game on my psp, seeing that i deleted the game on my psp (after being disappointed with "Non-chan"s story) and i am not going to open the limited edition box that i have (also i don't care too much about the Satsuki "bonus item" in the box, seeing that i am more an Isara fan ) because i like "mint items"
So i am just answering these questions from what i still remember reading it almost 2 months ago.
Spoiler for spoiler:

edit: still mint in the box

Last edited by hyl; 2012-11-27 at 22:00.
Old 2013-03-06, 20:57   Link #208
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's just aliases. They're all the same, including Chisato, between the PC game, anime, and PSP game. (Of course, the fact they use aliases means they can pretend that it's "someone who sounds really similar!", and that's somewhat important in terms of maintaining your image in certain circles, even if other circles can see right through it.)
It's sad, really. This is really just another way of using your voice, and yet the JP people give them flak for it? No one gives flak to the people who act out racier scenes on HBO dramas in America.

Since I only just discovered this thread and am still disappointed in how Satsuki or Isara weren't chosen for the anime, I'd like to see summaries of their two ingame routes if at all possible. I'm surprised that Isara wasn't chosen--isn't her voice actress, Mai Kadowaki, the most popular of the bunch? And what factors made Michiru the most popular character on the website popularity polls (other than her loli character archetype)?

Did the creators go for a PSP fandisc instead of a PC fandisc because they were trying to reach a larger audience? If they put out a PC fandisc I'd love to see a Hazuki route. Her seiyuu is no stranger to making (censored) noises, according to her CV.

From what I've been able to glean from the routes, I'd expect that the 18+ elements would figure more into the politics (there's nothing like a little sleaze to motivate people; many US citizens came out with "Impeach Bubba" placards during Monicagate, but you get nary a peep with possible war crimes allegations for later presidencies) of the routes. This becomes a factor in Satsuki's route as has been discussed here, but why not others, like Isara's? I don't think Oojima's political opponents could resist claiming that, in Isara's route, he is only championing the cause of Isara's demographic because she's "paying him in sexual favours."
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 22:16   Link #209
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
It's sad, really. This is really just another way of using your voice, and yet the JP people give them flak for it? No one gives flak to the people who act out racier scenes on HBO dramas in America.
Well some eroge seiyuu who rarely do anime roles don't care enough to use a pseudonym.
Some that i can think off at this moment are Aoba ringo, Ueda Akane and Tamiyasu Tomoe. Maybe Sakakibara Yui, eventhough i think it's her artist name.

Quote:
Since I only just discovered this thread and am still disappointed in how Satsuki or Isara weren't chosen for the anime, I'd like to see summaries of their two ingame routes if at all possible. I'm surprised that Isara wasn't chosen--isn't her voice actress, Mai Kadowaki, the most popular of the bunch? And what factors made Michiru the most popular character on the website popularity polls (other than her loli character archetype)?
I seriously doubt that animes are adapting a route for the character who has the "most famous" seiyuu (IMO Suzumura Kenichi is the most famous of the original cast)

Michiru is probably the most popular because she is the most "mysterious" of the cast, combined the fact that she is also the silent type and the loli archetype.

Quote:
Did the creators go for a PSP fandisc instead of a PC fandisc because they were trying to reach a larger audience? If they put out a PC fandisc I'd love to see a Hazuki route. Her seiyuu is no stranger to making (censored) noises, according to her CV.
The anime was heavily marketed by dengeki to promote both the anime, psp game and a minor promotion to ImaImo.
As for Hazuki, i am sure that there used to be a character poll specifically made to choose the psp exclusive heroine and Nozomi ended up winning.

Quote:
From what I've been able to glean from the routes, I'd expect that the 18+ elements would figure more into the politics (there's nothing like a little sleaze to motivate people; many US citizens came out with "Impeach Bubba" placards during Monicagate, but you get nary a peep with possible war crimes allegations for later presidencies) of the routes. This becomes a factor in Satsuki's route as has been discussed here, but why not others, like Isara's? I don't think Oojima's political opponents could resist claiming that, in Isara's route, he is only championing the cause of Isara's demographic because she's "paying him in sexual favours."
No idea what you are saying here.

edit: might as well give a compressed summary from what i can still remember
Spoiler for Satsuki:

As for Isara, i am sure i have posted most parts of her routes in this thread somewhere... and i am feeling now a bit too lazy to summarize it again (eventhough it was my favorite route)

Last edited by hyl; 2013-03-06 at 23:14.
Old 2013-03-07, 14:28   Link #210
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Michiru is probably the most popular because she is the most "mysterious" of the cast, combined the fact that she is also the silent type and the loli archetype.
I guess her catgirl-type hair helped to elevate her over Isara, since loli-characters are also one of Mai Kadowaki's strong suits. I still greatly enjoyed Yuu Asakawa's performance in this series; the voice she used for Satsuki isn't much like many of her other characters. Too bad Satsuki's route wasn't the one adapted.

Quote:
As for Hazuki, i am sure that there used to be a character poll specifically made to choose the psp exclusive heroine and Nozomi ended up winning.
Wow, that's too bad.

Quote:
No idea what you are saying here.
I meant that allegations of sexual impropriety (or similar "vested interests") are almost always certain to sink someone's political career, both in fiction and in real life. You mentioned that this becomes an issue with Satsuki's route; I'm surprised it didn't become an issue in Isara's too. Oojima's opponents could always accuse him of taking up the financial aid students' cause because one of them is sleeping with him.

Quote:
As for Isara, i am sure i have posted most parts of her routes in this thread somewhere... and i am feeling now a bit too lazy to summarize it again (eventhough it was my favorite route)
So far other players (and the anime) have mentioned that she's a financial aid student, gets bullied on occasion (though not to the levels that Ayaka was from Yume Miru Kusuri), and works in a fast food restaurant because the financial aid isn't enough (which is supposedly against the rules). Does Oojima manage to turn her situation around? Is her illegal work discovered? How does he manage to win the election with her around, even without much support?
Old 2013-03-07, 15:07   Link #211
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

I wanted a older sis sub-route....
Old 2013-03-08, 05:46   Link #212
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:

So far other players (and the anime) have mentioned that she's a financial aid student, gets bullied on occasion (though not to the levels that Ayaka was from Yume Miru Kusuri), and works in a fast food restaurant because the financial aid isn't enough (which is supposedly against the rules). Does Oojima manage to turn her situation around? Is her illegal work discovered? How does he manage to win the election with her around, even without much support?
Spoiler for Isara's route:

Corrections for my bad memory are always welcome
Old 2013-03-08, 06:54   Link #213
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Spoiler for Isara's route:

Corrections for my bad memory are always welcome
Spoiler for Isara:

I think there are some inaccuracies and possibly some errors in it, but i haven't read this game for quite some time now.
edit:
I am sure i left out alot (like the date) because this route took like 4-5 hours to read and it's rather impossible to summarize everything. Also i completely skipped the Isara specific events during the common route

Last edited by hyl; 2013-03-08 at 07:41.
Old 2013-03-09, 17:16   Link #214
Mazryonh

Quote:
I think there are some inaccuracies and possibly some errors in it, but i haven't read this game for quite some time now.
Thank you very much. Do you think you could tell me the ages of the major characters then?

I wonder if the "panties-stealing incident" that Isara suffered could be interpreted as a case of sexual assault in a court of law. And wow, does the school really save that much money by requiring financial aid students to take on janitorial duties? Wouldn't this take away from their study time? Anyone know how much janitors get paid in Japan?

It would have been nice if Mifuyu's route was animated; it's been a while since Kaori Mizuhashi got a starring role in anime. If we went on a Yosuga-no-Sora-style omnibus compilation, we could split at a certain episode where Oojima goes on to "win" Chisato or Mifuyu, right?
Old 2013-03-11, 00:10   Link #215
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Thank you very much. Do you think you could tell me the ages of the major characters then?
Why would you ask? All Characters In This Game Are Eighteen Years Of Age Or Older.

They may be a bit younger in the PSP game...

Quote:
And wow, does the school really save that much money by requiring financial aid students to take on janitorial duties? Wouldn't this take away from their study time? Anyone know how much janitors get paid in Japan?
Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly here, but I didn't think the only jobs they did were janitorial jobs around the school (that was just an extra job that Isara took on).

In the end, the "financial aid" program was mostly a sort of "job placement" program that gave free tuition in exchange for compulsory (child?) labour.

Quote:
It would have been nice if Mifuyu's route was animated; it's been a while since Kaori Mizuhashi got a starring role in anime. If we went on a Yosuga-no-Sora-style omnibus compilation, we could split at a certain episode where Oojima goes on to "win" Chisato or Mifuyu, right?
I think that anything is possible, but KoiChoco really isn't a story that's well suited to an omnibus compilation given that all stories take place with the same election campaign as the backdrop. Most of the omnibus anime you see branch out in wildly different directions so that each arc can explore different things (and they won't all be variations of the same story), but there's some unavoidable overlap here. So I think the better option would have been to tell one story completely, and then have a bunch of alternate endings that explored specific variations while quickly brushing over the common parts. That's actually sort of the way the game is structured too, if you want to look at it that way.
Old 2013-03-11, 09:08   Link #216
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Why would you ask? All Characters In This Game Are Eighteen Years Of Age Or Older.

They may be a bit younger in the PSP game...
I see what you did there

Quote:
While never directly mentioned it is usual age of 2nd (add one extra year for Mifuyu) and first years of high schoolers in japan.

Quote:
Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly here, but I didn't think the only jobs they did were janitorial jobs around the school (that was just an extra job that Isara took on).

In the end, the "financial aid" program was mostly a sort of "job placement" program that gave free tuition in exchange for compulsory (child?) labour.
Correct, because the first encounter with Isara was the moment was she was almost too late for the bus that brought all of these students to work somewhere (and losing her keychain and keys).
I am sure it was never mentioned in the game what kind of work they are supposed to be doing. In fact Isara's main schooljob during koichoco was helping with the elections of an assigned candiate (in this case Oojima), so we don't get to see any of it.

Quote:
I wonder if the "panties-stealing incident" that Isara suffered could be interpreted as a case of sexual assault in a court of law.
Let's start with that that scene was anime original (although a good one to show how bad the bullying is, unlike in the game the worst you had were the bullies saying that Isara stinked, the 2 monkeys saying bad things when they thought Isara was not around in the Kimodameshi and the offscreen intimidation of some students that made them hesistate to support Oojima in the last part of the story)
This would probably only be considered to be bullying in japan (common problem in japan and many other countries in the world) and not something severe as you made out to be for the law.
Plus in the game, these students had to put up with the bullying or change schools.

Last edited by hyl; 2013-03-11 at 09:27.
Old 2013-03-11, 21:28   Link #217
Mazryonh

Quote:
Yep, the "Japanese age of consent laws" problem again.

Quote:
I have to wonder how low the age of legal labour is in Japan, then. The CGs, however, show Isara's mother and brother--is her mother a single mother or just disabled, which is why she needs to take a job at a fast food place? Do they mention what became of Isara's father?

Quote:
Most of the omnibus anime you see branch out in wildly different directions so that each arc can explore different things (and they won't all be variations of the same story), but there's some unavoidable overlap here.
I think Yosuga no Sora did something like that, splitting the episodes into two main arcs (just as the game did), with an Akira/Kazuha arc split, and a Nao/Sora split. I would think that Chisato and Mifuyu could have gotten their own splitting point after a "common route" set of episodes.

Quote:
While never directly mentioned it is usual age of 2nd (add one extra year for Mifuyu) and first years of high schoolers in japan.
That makes them 15-16 years old, then. Typical.

Quote:
I am sure it was never mentioned in the game what kind of work they are supposed to be doing. In fact Isara's main schooljob during koichoco was helping with the elections of an assigned candiate (in this case Oojima), so we don't get to see any of it.
Okay, so it's an anime invention then. Still, what could the financial aid students possibly be doing that saves the school a million yen a year?!

Quote:
This would probably only be considered to be bullying in japan (common problem in japan and many other countries in the world) and not something severe as you made out to be for the law.
There have been a bunch of bullying-precipitated student suicides lately in Japan. I hope this becomes the impetus for better anti-bullying initiatives in Japan. There's no need for more students in Japan to end up like Ayaka from Yume Miru Kusuri.

Last edited by Mazryonh; 2013-03-11 at 22:59.
Old 2013-07-29, 05:53   Link #218
Tigarekkusu

hmm there is chisato wedding cg right? can anyone summary that scene for me please?
Tigarekkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 06:39   Link #219
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Like the anime it was just a mock wedding to make Oojima remember/realize his feelings for Chisato

edit: i even made a video of that scene a year ago
Old 2013-08-04, 01:51   Link #220
Tigarekkusu

Quote:
Like the anime it was just a mock wedding to make Oojima remember/realize his feelings for Chisato

edit: i even made a video of that scene a year ago
eeh so the ending is just a mock marriage 0.0?? btw thank you very much it,s rare people summary ending these days >.<
Tigarekkusu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, visual novel