AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-09-25, 18:12   Link #81
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

The question is: when will we ever get to see the TGS trailer?
Old 2006-09-25, 19:34   Link #82
tidus0728

I just hope that by the time FFXIII appears on shelves price on PS3 drops, its way too expensive at the moment.
tidus0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 02:01   Link #83
ImperialPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
The question is: when will we ever get to see the TGS trailer?
That is the question. =( Although by all accounts it's still just pitiful scraps.
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 02:04   Link #84
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus0728
I just hope that by the time FFXIII appears on shelves price on PS3 drops, its way too expensive at the moment.
That could very well be a a couple of years from now. The console hasn't even launched yet, far too early to begin talk of a price drop.
Old 2006-09-26, 14:33   Link #85
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialPanda
That is the question. =( Although by all accounts it's still just pitiful scraps.
I'll take what I can get. Beggars can't be choosers, so the thought of at least 5-10 extra seconds added to the trailer has me drooling
Old 2006-09-26, 21:48   Link #86
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

@ Trailer: WOW...they're THAT close to CG...wow...breathtaking.

Our main character is...the lovechild of Tifa and Yuna. Yuna's sharpshooting+Tifa's intensity. From what I could gather, it seems also a combination of FFVII's "bleak future" sort of setting, and FFX's untamed wilds.

To me, it looks like they're taking the best from VII and X and combining them into the best-looking game in history.

XBox 360 and Wii take a damn seat. PS3 > all for this game ALONE.
Old 2006-09-27, 08:03   Link #87
luckyovermind
hungry~

Why talk about FF13 now? We australians don't even have 12 yet...
luckyovermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 11:31   Link #88
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind
Why talk about FF13 now? We australians don't even have 12 yet...
No one outside of Japan (importers excluded) have XII yet. I'm eagerly awaiting the 31st of Oct...which is when the game comes out here in North America.

But with that being said...the fact that XIII has been announced is enough to get serious discussion on it going on (discussions on future FF titles happen even before they get officially announced...so it's not something out of the ordinary =p).
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 12:07   Link #89
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

XII looks like a REALLY shitty story. It seriously looks like some generic medieval anime to me gone CG. The characters look blech. Yuna > Ashe by a landslide, Cloud > Tidus >>>> Vahn.

Frankly I think 12 is gonna go the way of 8 and 9 in that it'll be ho-hum. It seems the first FF release for any system is breathtaking, and the ones afterwards are made of letdown and suck.

Yes, I know it's too early to judge XII, but it really does not look that appealing.

13 on the other hand...a Yuna type girl with the intensity of Tifa? YES PLEASE. Looks like the combination of everything good about VII and X in one package with a HELL OF A LOT BETTER GRAPHICS.
Old 2006-09-27, 19:02   Link #90
tidus0728

Quote:
The console hasn't even launched yet, far too early to begin talk of a price drop.
Well IGN reported it would be around $465 US dollars
and I live outside of US so I could expect up to at least $800.
Thats too expensive for my pocket.

and if anyones intersted here is the link

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/615/615745p1.html
tidus0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 03:17   Link #91
Iron Maw
Banned

New FFXIII and FFvXIII trailer Info from Jump Festa 07

Source: http://ffkh.blog31.fc2.com/blog-entry-963.html

Translations (Thanks to the PS3 forums)

Quote:
FFXIII

Here's some info from the trailer shown in the closed Mega theatre.
(These are my very vague intepretations of the trailer. Parts with "...." means I forgot)

"A machine city floating in the distant skies, Kokoon."
In a peaceful world protected by the Crystal, everyone fears the existance of the .... from the outside world (the underworld) (monsters that invade maybe? that's what I'm getting from it).

However, one day .... someone let them invade.
The "Holy Prefecture" forced them (the guys who let the invaders in) to immigrate to the world below. But beyond the word "immigration" it's hard to figure out (details from hereafter are questionable). With that intention, the Crystal chose the person in charge. And, the person that the Crystal chose is the one who will destroy mankind. She was only referred to as "Lightning".

The rest of the trailer was the same as the TGS one, with one new part in it. So I only described the new part of the footage.

- Two enormous females, whose figure look like the machine-summon thing that gets engulfted in water, battle it out in the air.

- "Lightning" keeps her composure while the soldiers surround her and thrust their guns at her.
- At the end of the trailer, there was a blonde young man riding on a bike!
More detail about the New FFXIII character:

Quote:
-The new FF13 new character is a blonde guy that wears a bandana who rides a motorcycle.

- He's more reminiscent of a Cid type character

-The hair similar to Kadaj from FF7:AC.
Hmm.. so basically is he a blond older tougher looking Dante? Interesting.

Quote:
FFvXIII

Here's some info from the trailer shown in the closed Mega theatre.
(These are my very vague intepretations of the trailer. Parts with "...." means I forgot)

"Reality is really just a dream." - From Shakespeare's Hamlet

The main hero sits in the back of a car (courtesy car?). From the radio (?) you can hear "The cold war that continued for so long comes to a conclusion..."

(then it shows the same gun-shooting scene from the TGS trailer)

After our hero deflects all the attacks from the soldiers with his swords, he goes up to them, deflecting the enemy's attacks with his weapons, directly attacks the enemies with his sword, and defeats them. Large cannon-like attacks had no effect on our main hero. Our main hero then looks at the building and follows the rope while the enemies try to climb up the building. Suddenly our hero disappears from his where he was, instantaneously teleports into the air, and knocks down the enemies one by one. (He threw his weapons up in the air and teleported to where his weapons are) (The enemies' blood splat all over the place... )
The trailer goes back to inside his castle, and behind where our main hero sits is a large pillar-like coffin (?) that said "You have not awaken yet... (this part's kinda ambiguous)"

And FYI, the Agito footage is the same.
BTW, Final Fantasy Tactics PSP & DQ: Swords Trailers

FFT PSP
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/8042

Scan and a Screenshot

http://img156.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_383lo.jpg

http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20061215/fft02.jpg

http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20061215/fft01.jpg

DQ: Swords
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/8041

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2006-12-17 at 03:45.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 11:07   Link #92
Shakugan no Shana
Zoroastrian

Omfg... I never imagined a remake or port of this at all. O_O I MUST get this, even if it's import, FFT is my favorite of the Final Fantasy Franchise.
Shakugan no Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 01:37   Link #94
Cloud.Final.Fantasy
Call me Cloud..Mr. Cloud.

Send a message via MSN to Cloud.Final.Fantasy
I SURE HOPE THERE IS A Final Fantasy with Cloud In It...Cause IM The Ultamate F.F. Fann!!! XD
Cloud.Final.Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 09:01   Link #95
Lebron
I hear voices

I think the FF7 Cris Core on the PSP should have him in it. I don't know if he will be playable or not, but he should be in it.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 09:42   Link #96
Lebron
I hear voices

Yeah, then again, there isn't really anything known about the actual story except the fact that its suppose to take place before FF7( the original on PS).

However, I doubt they would have him playable, most likely if anything he would just be a non-playable character if they decided to feature him. Also, I doubt they would have him featured too much, seeing how this is Zach's story pretty much, don't want to get derailed by Mr. Cloud :P

I still think he will be featured in some shape or form, though.
Old 2007-01-06, 02:04   Link #97
Nicol Armarfi
Blobbery.

Send a message via AIM to Nicol Armarfi Send a message via MSN to Nicol Armarfi
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII is based 3 years before Final Fantasy VII (I think it was 3, that would make cloud 17), and, it is basically the story of the Niblheim incident through Zachs eyes, but more indepth. So, you could say it's a different version of Final Fantasy VII: Last Order, for those of you who have watched the OVA.
Nicol Armarfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 20:03   Link #98
Lebron
I hear voices

Heres some new info, on FF13 and Versus 13

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/754/754310p1.html
Old 2007-01-14, 19:49   Link #100
spaceage9

It'll be a while before FFXIII is out...
spaceage9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360