AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-07-25, 22:26   Link #7521
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Volume 8 comes out July 31st or 6 days from now

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 22:59   Link #7522
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Tyvm. I prefer the manga way more than R2 and some parts of Season 1. It makes so much sense in some cases.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 15:31   Link #7523
dnotefan1

just watched the last episode and cried like a fuckin baby. Also, when Schneizel and Zero were playing chess, Schneizel moved his king into check which is not allowed. Dunno, that kinda annoyed me lol
dnotefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 03:35   Link #7524
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnotefan1 View Post
just watched the last episode and cried like a fuckin baby. Also, when Schneizel and Zero were playing chess, Schneizel moved his king into check which is not allowed. Dunno, that kinda annoyed me lol
So you were not annoyed at all by all the other occasions when they had nonsense board setups, nonsense moves, or boards suddenly changing drastically mid-game in ways that are not possible under common chess rules?

By comparison, Schneizel throwing the game by making an illegal move made more sense. He was basically making it clear that the Emperor would not hesitate to take advantage of someone making a mistake / doing something stupid, but for Zero his pride gets in his way of taking the easy victory.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 05:58   Link #7525
Lord_Soth
Knight of Solamnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
But if he did the easy victory he could have gotten his play thing best friend Suzaku.

His pride constantly screws him up, especially in R2.

Everyone has weaknessess. Portraiting a character without weaknessess would elevate him past the 'human' status in my opinion.

He has to have some flaws, in order to be more appealing and viewers can find some sort of 'connection' with the main character.

In the words of a famous captain, in a different anime series::
"When did I claim I would kill you as a Shinigami...
The reason why I have killed you was simply because...
you pointed your blade at my pride."
Lord_Soth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 00:15   Link #7526
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

I was watching game trailers recently and I came across this nugget. I think this is very relevant to how some Code geass fans feel about lelouch. It actually gave me a chuckle or two. XD

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ep...fiction/702590
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 00:20   Link #7527
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
I was watching game trailers recently and I came across this nugget. I think this is very relevant to how some Code geass fans feel about lelouch. It actually gave me a chuckle or two. XD

People cant let go of Lelouch because he was so dang good at what he does
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 04:15   Link #7528
D's Pear

"The fact that so many fans had such a hard time accepting her death, proves that he did the right thing in the end."

Hahahaha. Love it! This calls to mind the argument I used to make that the Lelouch-is-Alive crowd did themselves in by being so insistent. They effectively sealed off any chances of his coming back whatsoever by proving that from a business standpoint, Lelouch is still a massive interest and moneymaker regardless of his being dead. Sunrise doesn't have to do a damn thing to make money off of him, let alone take their chances losing half their fandom bringing him back.

How to achieve the polar opposite outcome of what you intended - the story of Code Geass.
D's Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 05:58   Link #7529
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Does anyone have any information about Vol. 8 - final volume of Lelouch of the Rebellion Manga? I heard it has been released already.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 06:29   Link #7530
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Damn you Dragonball! Because of you most people can't comprehend a permenent fictional death. Pein in Naruto and Reject in Bleach add fuel to the fire.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 20:07   Link #7531
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post

I can understand why people were shocked over her death, but really, she was hardly the biggest Player Punch death in the series for my money. That would be FF6's General Leo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Pear View Post
"The fact that so many fans had such a hard time accepting her death, proves that he did the right thing in the end."
Who? Sephiroth?
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 20:12   Link #7532
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
I can understand why people were shocked over her death, but really, she was hardly the biggest Player Punch death in the series for my money. That would be FF6's General Leo.

Who? Sephiroth?
I dont think its Sepiroth, but I think they meant Aerith's character creator for choosing for her to die permanently and not be revived, and saying "She's dead get over it"
Old 2010-08-12, 01:20   Link #7533
Master Knight DH

Lelouch's death wouldn't be a bad thing for storytelling when handled correctly. Though there will be people who won't care about storytelling. Take it from somebody who as a kid preferred the 80s cartoon's handling of Hamato Yoshi in TMNT to the movies'.

Between that and the point about Lelouch being a natural money maker, I'm thinking maybe Code Geass really is a subtle parody. Makes me feel better about planning to draw Lelouch+Kaguya fanart for deviantArt at a later point. (And yes, Lelouch will be unmasked.)

While we're on the subject of Kaguya, do you think she figured out the truth of ZR and decided to (secretly, of course) pay Lelouch respects? I hope she'd be handling it well, though. We had enough Genki Girls broken or killed already.
Master Knight DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 00:45   Link #7534
Feanor

She might have. I think just about everybody who knew who Zero had been would have connected the dots and figured it out, but they are a select group of people who have probably been sworn to secrecy by each other in order to maintain Lelouch's sacrifice. I'm sure the prisoners were freed and then they said that Lelouch was killed, everything would be hunky dory again and then Lelouch's body was carted off for a very quiet funeral attended by only a handful of select people, namely the people who figured it out.
Old 2010-08-13, 01:15   Link #7535
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Sorry if this is old, but I haven't been keeping up with the Geass section for a while and somebody over on Hongfire brought this up:

Personally, it comes off as photoshopped to me. As I said over there:

Quote:
Sorry guys, I think I'm gonna have to call BS on that. I saw the final episode and even watched that scene with the cart in detail when somebody else brought up a different theory on another site, and that scene with "Lelouch" under the hat wasn't there.

Notice how in that video "Lelouch" shows the least amount of movement possible (because the photoshopper couldn't do any actual animation with that shot or it would be too obvious), except for a slight and very awkward (as in photoshopped-looking) curving of his lips made to look like a grin, which looks like nothing more than one still shot leading into another stillshot like a slideshow. Furthermore, I know at least two other sites that are Geass-crazy, and neither have mentioned a thing about this clip or anything in relation to it. (and this clip is at least a week old) Besides, if this scene was there int he episode and not made up, why did the video only go up on Youtube a week ago? The series ended long ago.

And although I haven't read the guidebook myself, a quote from Kyogissun on Anime News Network says:

"HE IS DEAD. The damn guidebook for the series confirmed this, I don't understand why people want him back. He was a GREAT character and he went out rather beautifully as a martyr of sorts. Bringing him back would just seem... wrong. He served his purpose, let him rest in peace guys. ): ] "
And I think the season 3 that the OP is talking about is the Akito project thing about the group of Elevens on the European front.
Old 2010-08-13, 03:03   Link #7536
Xander

You're right, but I don't think it's worth taking a not-so-clever video editing joke made back in October of 2008 so seriously. Still...I'll just say that I'm not surprised at the fact some people still love to play around with this. Boredom truly is a poison.

Everything else I could add is rather self-explanatory, considering the nature of the forum involved, so...no comment.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 03:26   Link #7537
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
You're right, but I don't think it's worth taking a not-so-clever video editing joke made back in October of 2008 so seriously. Still...I'll just say that I'm not surprised at the fact some people still love to play around with this. Boredom truly is a poison.

Everything else I could add is rather self-explanatory, considering the nature of the forum involved, so...no comment.
Actually, I thought this video was just made not even a month ago, and the thread that brought it to my attention was only started today. The oldest comments on the video's Youtube page are only a week old.
Old 2010-08-13, 03:30   Link #7538
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I remember watching that video about 1 year ago when R2 ended, but they could have just re-uploaded the same video and all that jibber jabber. I also don't see why people won't just accept Lelouchs' death, we all accepted Kira's death when he died in Death Note : /

The simple fact that we witnessed with our own eyes that he got stabbed in the chest and fell down his little ramp and eventually lead to R.I.P
Old 2010-08-13, 03:39   Link #7539
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I remember watching that video about 1 year ago when R2 ended, but they could have just re-uploaded the same video and all that jibber jabber. I also don't see why people won't just accept Lelouchs' death, we all accepted Kira's death when he died in Death Note : /
True, that makes more sense; I don't see how anybody could expect anybody else to believe a clip that didn't appear until over a year after the episode aired. (I even made that point in the Hongfire thread)
Old 2010-08-13, 04:02   Link #7540
Nobodyman9
Banned

If any of y'all want a good laugh, you can check this out.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Code_geass

I loved the bit about Kallen wanting Lelouch's "helmet" as well as the fangirl reactions XD
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote