AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 26 18.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 25.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 17.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 8.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 5.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 6.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 4.32%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-29, 15:59   Link #201
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I imagine if Luca would ever show his Lelouch voice, Geass fanbois would faint from excitement.

<I like Geass quite much myself, so no need to hate-mail me. Although lately the OOTBK has been acting very stupid. Like they said on the THAT blog. "Oh, noz! Zero has magic hax! BETRAY!". )
I would be like WTF? Especially if the VA used his Lelouch/Zero voice while Luca looks like a shota complete with that blush of his. That deep, almost evil sounding voice coming from the shota? That would be just bizarre...though maybe kind of funny too. Luca channeling his Lelouch side, everyone in MF better watch out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Its no surprise that Black Knights consist of morons in its entirety.

- Tak
I agree. And I want Ougi to die a particularly nasty death.
Spoiler for Code Geass R2 ep. 19:

Anyway, about Ranka and Grace's comment...I find that interesting too. Changed? You mean running away and not sicking the Vajra on people? Heh, I kid. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was Ranka who accidentally sent the Vajra after the fleet.
Old 2008-08-29, 16:09   Link #202
Black Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
He humps Ranka. And the anime portrayed the vajra like bees. One queen, many male minions.

BTW, this episode has faired pretty badly based on the votes. How will Kawamori salvage this with the next ep? No more cliché and forced plots I hope.
didn't the queen of vajra been killed? , so there should be a new one .....but if it is Ranka which will become the queen then who is currently one and that if there is one to begin with ......but i think that there is because how come the vajra are orginized in those couple of episodes without the head with them ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Anyway, about Ranka and Grace's comment...I find that interesting too. Changed? You mean running away and not sicking the Vajra on people? Heh, I kid. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was Ranka who accidentally sent the Vajra after the fleet.
yeah i agree with you, i think it is indeed ranka who was the reason why the Vajra been after the fleet and maybe she is also the reason why they are attacking frontier
Old 2008-08-29, 16:15   Link #203
magnuskn

Man, on Random Curiousity the really strange people like Kei and diva lurk... do they come from another universe?

Ahem, sorry. Just got back from there and am done there, too, for this week. It´s of course mayor celebration time for Ranka shippers on RC, as what they assume is Rankas finishing move just went down. I think they´ll be sorely disappointed soon...

BTW, anybody knows why so many people say we got a bad reputation here around the net? <whistles innocently>

SHERYL GANBATTE, OH YEAH!
Old 2008-08-29, 16:23   Link #204
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Alto on Sheryl near the end of the series:

Alto: "She's listless. She won't sing anymore. She coughs up blood."

Klan: "She coughs up blood?"

Alto wistfully: "Not like she use too."
Old 2008-08-29, 16:47   Link #205
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Man, on Random Curiousity the really strange people like Kei and diva lurk... do they come from another universe?
Yes they do. Apparently if you call something cliche and happen to be a Sheryl fan your post can be dismissed as an "irrelevant comment from a disappointed Sheryl fan." It's not like I was even attacking the probability of RankaxAlto (which I actually believe went up after this episode), I was just calling a particular scenario cliche. *shrugs* That's too much apparently.

But the Sheryl fans can be a bit much here. Hehehe....it's Sheryl central practically. I bet they wouldn't mind it if it was the other way around though.
Old 2008-08-29, 16:55   Link #206
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Yes they do. Apparently if you call something cliche and happen to be a Sheryl fan your post can be dismissed as an "irrelevant comment from a disappointed Sheryl fan." It's not like I was even attacking the probability of RankaxAlto (which I actually believe went up after this episode), I was just calling a particular scenario cliche. *shrugs* That's too much apparently.
They have very short memory, apparently they forgot about that whole incident with "Goodbye sister"

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-29, 16:55   Link #207
magnuskn

Quote:

But the Sheryl fans can be a bit much here. Hehehe....it's Sheryl central practically. I bet they wouldn't mind it if it was the other way around though.
We have a much nicer user interface here. And nicer people, too, so pooey to the RC chat.
Old 2008-08-29, 17:03   Link #208
zalem

Yeah, I love how the title of an episode is suddenly confirmation of a certain ending. This is Kawamori, so god knows what he'll give us.
Old 2008-08-29, 17:39   Link #209
golthin

Ok, this episode was text book plotline! If anyone had doubts about which girl was going to get the boy, after this episode it is pretty obvious! the girl that need rescuing! In this case is not really rescuing but more like to be found!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Spoiler for ranka2:
About ranka

Spoiler for About ranka:
Old 2008-08-29, 17:42   Link #210
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Ok, this episode was text book plotline! If anyone had doubts about which girl was going to get the boy, after this episode it is pretty obvious! the girl that need rescuing! In this case is not really rescuing but more like to be found!
This must be your first time viewing a Macross series. If so, you might be in for a surprise. After all, this is Kawamori's work.

As for Ranka, her timing was wrong, her words were wrong, and her choice of companions were even worse.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-29, 18:09   Link #211
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
This must be your first time viewing a Macross series. If so, you might be in for a surprise. After all, this is Kawamori's work.

As for Ranka, her timing was wrong, her words were wrong, and her choice of companions were even worse.

- Tak
good thing I am not really shipping for any of the two girls! My observation was based on other anime so maybe things in the macross universe and Kawamori's work follow a different logic than most anime. Still, If sheryl is the winner, i wonder how they are going to save her. this is something that her shippers keep ignoring. I am more interested on finding how she is saved or if she actually die than who Alto chooses.
also Sheryl has not yet told alto that she is dying. maybe she did and i missed it?
Old 2008-08-29, 18:55   Link #212
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
kawamori invented the anime rickroll, the most obvious and cliche outcome is the last most likely thing to happen.

kawamori anime #1
Old 2008-08-29, 19:03   Link #213
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Didn't Macross start out to be a parody in the first place? It just got to the point in the design phase they they decided to just go with it without the entire parody plotline, but left seeveral elements intact.
Old 2008-08-29, 19:05   Link #214
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Didn't Macross start out to be a parody in the first place? It just got to the point in the design phase they they decided to just go with it without the entire parody plotline, but left seeveral elements intact.
It did start out as a Giant Robot anime, or something close to that matter. Thankfully, that never left design stages, and Kawamori instead opted for a more realistic military anime.

- Tak

Old 2008-08-29, 19:10   Link #215
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
He humps Ranka. And the anime portrayed the vajra like bees. One queen, many male minions.

BTW, this episode has faired pretty badly based on the votes. How will Kawamori salvage this with the next ep? No more cliché and forced plots I hope.
simple, major Sheryl screentime
Old 2008-08-29, 19:14   Link #216
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
simple, major Sheryl screentime
Sheryl reading the phonebook of Frontier to the audience would suffice by this time.
Old 2008-08-29, 20:29   Link #217
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
i still think Ranka will somehow save Sherly .....i mean wasnt Sherly the failed experiment and Ranka the one that work. Maybe somehow Ranka bio could lead to a cure for this virus that Sherly has. -
Old 2008-08-29, 22:39   Link #218
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye View Post
i was thinking that maybe ai-kun would be rather the next queen of vajra, well i'm not sure but do we know for sure what is his gender ?
Well Ai-kun is in fact green instead of yellow. That might be a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
i still think Ranka will somehow save Sherly .....i mean wasnt Sherly the failed experiment and Ranka the one that work. Maybe somehow Ranka bio could lead to a cure for this virus that Sherly has. -
That's actually a good idea. Hmmm. Would a blood transfusion between Ranka and Sheryl give Sheryl the necessary antibodies to fight the V-Type virus? Has Ranka's blood been tested or was it also switched by Grace? It's also possible that Ranka comes back with a cure from her origins journey.
Old 2008-08-29, 22:44   Link #219
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Alto on Sheryl near the end of the series:

Alto: "She's listless. She won't sing anymore. She coughs up blood."

Klan: "She coughs up blood?"

Alto wistfully: "Not like she use too."
Alto: "Also she used to faint with so much more passion before. Now it's almost like she's just going through the motions."

Klan: "She faints a lot?"

Alto remembering: "Not like she used too."

Old 2008-08-29, 23:01   Link #220
arkxkra
全力全開

good episode, although is quite sad. Ai-kun is so different in the colour, normal is yellow but Ai-kun is green. I wonder this "send home" is in already in the plan/conspiracy.