AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-16, 19:16   Link #2321
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
And we have translations for Achiga 16.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-11-16 at 19:45.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 20:24   Link #2322
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
And we have translations for Achiga 16.
Yes indeed!

[Phooey: beaten to the punch again. ]
Old 2012-11-16, 20:30   Link #2323
Requiem-x
The slacking one

So...

Spoiler for Chapter 16:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 20:34   Link #2324
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Spoiler for Post-chapter speculation based on chapter details:
Old 2012-11-16, 21:00   Link #2325
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Spoiler for Post-chapter speculation based on chapter details:
Spoiler for Speculation:
Old 2012-11-16, 21:45   Link #2326
King-Slayer

One of the best chapters we've had so far. FunaQ is very pervy here and its pretty funny. Mairu and Arata are kicking some ass and both looking awesome. I also like that we get to see Yae again and probably will see her in the main manga with the individuals. Still don't think Shizu is much but she will have chance to prove me wrong whenever she's up.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 22:25   Link #2327
The Green One

Shizu has gotta have SOMETHING buried inside of her to give her some sort of chance to throw down with Saki and Awai at the same time. Being able to get back up and dust herself off no matter how much her opponents wail on her is great an all but unless she's got some sort of offense to go with that endurance.... Though I suppose like Arata the author has been saving Shizu's screen time for this match to show her off.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 00:08   Link #2328
Felyndiira

Spoiler:

EDIT: I just realized something. If my assumptions are correct, then Shizu is the stereotypical shonen hero (determination, lots of luck, lots of talent, very little finesse)

EDIT2:

Won't it just be an absolute troll move if the Achiga-hen is actually the story of Achiga trying their best but losing in the semi-finals =p? This is, of course, just a pure guess on my part, but it would be pretty hilarious if it was true.

Last edited by Felyndiira; 2012-11-17 at 01:49.
Felyndiira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 03:09   Link #2329
teja208
Critical fanboy

There are a lot of things I can use to describe Shizu: strong determinination, don't know when to give up, etc; but spell disaster isn't one of those (that's Teru). Also note that Koromo didn't say that Shizu is a strong player as in skillful at mahjong. What is that supposed to mean? How can someone spell disaster without being insanely strong? I wonder whether there are some alternative way to translate what Koromo said?

Here's a thoery: I believe that Shizu never once face a monster player in the official match before. Perhaps her power is something that only works against monsters. Something along the line of anti-monster barrier similar to Touma's imagine breaker. Not exactly the same as sealing off monster powers like Sae's, but the ability to repell/negate the effect of those powers when use against her. It's also likely that she can't use this ability right away, but start developing her immunity after being hit by those powers a few times just like when someone caught a chicken pox.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 03:29   Link #2330
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

this bias toward achiga has got to stop!!! they get 60pages a month and the main saki manga gets at most 16 pages!?
Old 2012-11-17, 05:54   Link #2331
JW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felyndiira View Post

Won't it just be an absolute troll move if the Achiga-hen is actually the story of Achiga trying their best but losing in the semi-finals =p? This is, of course, just a pure guess on my part, but it would be pretty hilarious if it was true.
I've thought for a long time that that would be the best ending: it avoids the confusion of having two sets of protagonists in the final and breaks the mould of these kinds of stories. Koromo's comment makes it highly unlikely, though (not that it wasn't highly unlikely anyway) - why mention Shizu as a tough opponent to Saki if Saki won't meet her?
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 08:12   Link #2332
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felyndiira View Post
EDIT2:

There are far worse trolls out there. A gigantic troll would be Achiga ending up first place and Shiraitodai 2nd place. A real absolute troll would be Shiraitodai don't get to advance at all; what we saw at the end of ep. 25 season 1 where Teru about to destroy Yuuki with nine lanterns actually happen in the individual match.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 10:08   Link #2333
Mayama12811

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
A real absolute troll would be Shiraitodai don't get to advance at all; what we saw at the end of ep. 25 season 1 where Teru about to destroy Yuuki with nine lanterns actually happen in the individual match.
But Yuuki won't be in the individual tournament so that can't happen
Mayama12811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 11:38   Link #2334
klare

dont be surprise when Achiga become the champions^^

why would that new girl tie her hair and put on glasses? she looks better without them...
Old 2012-11-17, 13:24   Link #2335
Marina2

Well , What koromo said indicated that Shizuno is a good player somehow.......maybe what we haven't seen her "awakening" state yet. Who know, maybe she can throw out something like Tenhou, Renho in her "awakening" state AND in her "awakening" state she will untie her ponytail!!!

OR If Shizu power only work on monster like someone predictions here, the match must be fun!.

Some note on Koromo - her abiliity to prevent other player to reach Tenpai will shut down most players and monsters. I mean, What the point for being strong or having demonic power if you can't even reach tenpai?? Shizu ability may have disadvantage againist Koromo power, so that she can't really do anything. But with Awai and Saki,.......we will see.

EDIT: Oh, someone think like me! Also, Sorry, I changed my post structure a lot after you quoted.
V
V

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-11-17 at 13:45.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 13:35   Link #2336
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I think what koromo said was Shizu could "make" a distaster not "spell distaster"

Still, it indicates that Shizuno is strong .......maybe what we have seen is not her "awakening" state. Who know, maybe can throw out something like Tenhou, Renho in her "awakening" state

AND in her "awakening" state she will untie her ponytail!!!
Are you me or are you just reading my mind? I've had this same idea for a while now, though I believe it would be better left for the finals, given how Shizu's ponytail is even more of a trademark for her than her own feet are to Saki. Both going full power at the same time makes more sense, and besides, Shizu is putting on a skirt for this match, that's big enough of a change.
Old 2012-11-17, 13:52   Link #2337
Serperior

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
dont be surprise when Achiga become the champions^^

why would that new girl tie her hair and put on glasses? she looks better without them...
That's Satoha. Rinkai's vanguard and the 3rd placer in the Nationals behind Teru and Kei. If you re-watch the anime's first OP, you'll see a cameo of her fighting against Teru. How long had Ritz planned this?
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 14:28   Link #2338
night_sentinel

Quote:
Well , What koromo said indicated that Shizuno is a good player somehow.......maybe what we haven't seen her "awakening" state yet. Who know, maybe she can throw out something like Tenhou, Renho in her "awakening" state AND in her "awakening" state she will untie her ponytail!!!

Some note on Koromo - her abiliity to prevent other player to reach Tenpai will shut down most players and monsters. I mean, What the point for being strong or having demonic power if you can't even reach tenpai?? Shizu ability may have disadvantage againist Koromo power, so that she can't really do anything. But with Awai and Saki,.......we will see.
Unfortunately, I have to debunk this theory; Koromo's no tenpai aura works only when there is a full moon or at the very least when it is at night. Shizuno played Koromo at noon where Koromo's power is less than half of its true potential.

This is the moonrunes for what Koromo said regarding Shizu: ちょっと厄介
I google translated that and what came out said "A little bit awkward."

Someone in /u/ said that "spell disaster" is a very liberal interpretation of the moonrunes. According to the post, it would probably be more appropriate to say "a bit troublesome" or "could give you a hard time." The reason it was translated as spell disaster is probably because they were trying to emulate Koromo's archaic way of speech. We're probably making mountains out of molehills.

Beside, if Shizuno will ever have a power. It would certainly not be renhou, tenhou etc. Since those hands are diametrically opposite of her core trait which is endurance or never giving up. In fact, I could not think of any hands that are less about endurance than those hands.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 15:30   Link #2339
thenightsshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
That's Satoha. Rinkai's vanguard and the 3rd placer in the Nationals behind Teru and Kei. If you re-watch the anime's first OP, you'll see a cameo of her fighting against Teru. How long had Ritz planned this?
You also see the backside of Kei. That's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for Individual Rankings. Could it be the 1st OP actually shows a flashback from the Individuals last year?
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 16:17   Link #2340
Felyndiira

Quote:

OR If Shizu power only work on monster like someone predictions here, the match must be fun!.

We do see in the Nagano finals match that Koromo's ability is not absolute. Saki broke it somewhere in the middle of the game, for instance, which is evidenced by Kana suddenly regaining her high-point hands and Yumi ron-ing successfully.

Spoiler for Analysis with spoilers for Nagano finals:

It would also be a huge deus ex if Shizu was suddenly revealed to have dangerous magic mahjong, which she never ever used before (not even in the match when they were in danger of being eliminated by Kentani!) because it requires the stars and moon to align, just to be able to beat Awai/Saki. Aside from Cold Touka (which didn't really matter since it was only during a practice match), Ritz was always very consistent in her character's abilities, so somehow, I doubt that she'll suddenly hide an ability now.
Felyndiira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri