AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: How Often Do You Change Your Avatar?
NEVER! TILL DEATH DO US APART! 7 6.14%
I sometimes change temporarily, but I always go back to my original. 12 10.53%
More than once a week. 6 5.26%
About once a week. 11 9.65%
About once every fortnight. 11 9.65%
About once a month. 23 20.18%
About once every three months. 14 12.28%
About once every six months. 14 12.28%
About once a year. 9 7.89%
Less than once a year. 7 6.14%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-28, 09:55   Link #21
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
My avie is representing how much I liked that character... as you can see it's always her (Saber) since I join Asuki ^_^, I changed my avie every 3 months or more... w/ a different pose ^_^

here's my 1st avie I've created such a noobish work
Old 2007-10-28, 10:11   Link #22
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

well I change my avatar with my mood sometime boys avatar or girl avatar
so I change it in week Or two days Or maybe at the day
It all in the mood
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 12:24   Link #23
SolarNova
Alone in the dark

Cant really vote tbh .. this is the first forum iv joined and iv only just made my avatar recently in the last week - but if i hazard to guess ill probably change it depending on my mood tbh, right now im feeling decidedly dark hehe.
SolarNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 14:43   Link #24
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
~ It took a long time to get over Vexx's avatar that went with his "You've surprised Tomoko-chan!" title (what is that FROM?), because it cracked me up for some reason. ~
Canvas 2. Best Love-Triangle romance comedy anime series in my opinion. Watch it, watch it now!

Yeah... it felt "Earth-shattering" when Vexx changed his Avatar. I was like, "Wait. Vexx posted? Where? Where?" If it wasn't Kagami, I would have been like, "Which hussy hustled Tomoko away?!" And even though it was Kagami, it still felt like a stab in my heart that Tomoko was no more... Man, and it's not even MY avatar.

And now, just when I was getting used to Kagami as his avatar, he changed it again! To some... erm... girl I'm not well acquainted with.

As for me, the one time I changed my avatar, it was only temporarily for a day. That was the day I decided to cookie whoever else was sporting an avatar from the anime series, "Seto no Hanayome". Other than that... nope, I have never budged from using Okita.

To me, the best avatars are the ones that capture a moment, a moment that contains a spark of brilliance. The kind where you snap your fingers and go, "That's it! That's the one!" When I was watching "Space Battleship Yamato" and Okita went crazy-eyed as he shouted, "Warp!" in his drawl, I knew I had a winner. Here was a man who exuded burning passion as he raised his clenched fist and widened his eyes, shouting out with fervour. From there, it was a simple matter of simply altering what he said. Anime is a passion to me. Sometimes it doesn't make sense why it means so much to me, but so long as I have the desire, I will continue to watch anime, and so Okita demonstrates my stance on the matter.

There was a time when I seriously considered changing my avatar to something else, but Okita prevailed and I used it as my profile image instead.

Cheers.
Old 2007-10-28, 14:50   Link #25
CandyVanMan
Part Time Hikikomori

If something catches my eye, I'll make an av of it. I like to think of it as my own reaction to a current event, or a lame personal attempt at a meme.

That said, my sigpic is a copypasta'd meme that I'll never abandon.
CandyVanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 16:29   Link #26
Kyomi
What do I know?

I'll prolly stick with this one for here unless I really get bored of it after a few years.

My avatar mostly only differ from site to site but remains the same once chosen.
Old 2007-10-28, 16:38   Link #27
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I used to make Sig's and avatars in pairs, but this avatar kinda grew on me I guess. I highly I doubt I will change it anytime soon.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 17:07   Link #28
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Well

It just did not seem to fit in with the whole "anime" feel to the site.
Old 2007-10-28, 17:32   Link #29
Thrasher187
Spellcaster
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Thrasher187
I put once every fortnight. But that's just an average. My avatars are based on scenes I like from certain anime. That or what show I'm currently watching. I'm already done watching He's My Master, but my current avy is pretty funny so I don't know when I'll change it....perhaps when the joke gets old

FYI:
This was my avatar when I first joined up:
"Na! Na! Hehhhh..." (<--was my personal title)
Thrasher187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 17:33   Link #30
DarkBlood
コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ

I've switched avatar maybe four times since registration.
But it's only been Hellsing avatars, maybe a sign?
DarkBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 18:24   Link #31
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
I cannot even remember the last time I changed my avatar. I still use my current avatar here on other forums.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 22:46   Link #32
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I change whenever I feel like it, nothing less nothing more.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 23:06   Link #33
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I see I'm being talked about... for me, I tend to return to specific characters - though I think in terms of years... Tomoko wil return.. I would have done it this season but I thought Reika's series needed some attention. Now that there seems to be a buzz for her series, I might switch back sooner. Reika and Tomoko could be cousins in looks (though quite different in personality).

All told, Motoko Aoyama is kind of my personal arch-favorite of favorites but all the anime version avatars of her I've ever seen pretty much sucked. My first avatar was of her.
A lot of my rationale has to do with the quality of the avatar itself --- I used Yotsuba's Fuuka for a while but, again, most avatars of her sucked.

Tomoko's color palette, her attitude, and so on just tweak my 'moe' button, as does Kagami.... maybe I'll rotate on a lunar cycle. Right... ya'll convinced me -- back to Tomoko-chan.
Old 2007-10-28, 23:07   Link #34
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

i change it whenever a new season comes out and get a sig and avie out of my two favorite shows of that season
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 01:27   Link #35
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I tend to return to specific characters - though I think in terms of years... Tomoko wil return..
That comes as a relief to me, since I feel the same way Kyuusai and Skane do. (This is silly, I know. ) When I read a Skane, Ascaloth, FatPianoBoy, NoSanninWa, WanderingKnight, etcetcetc post, if I see their "usual" avatars, it's fine. If/when they change, it really does throw me off a little.

Interestingly enough, the one who escaped this was Kyuusai. Though it wasn't the first avatar I've ever seen him with, I tend to think of his hazukashii pink-haired Miyuki avatar whenever he's mentioned. I think this has more to do with how both Miyuki and Kyuusai are living wikis than anything else. (OK, I'll stop here before I get virtually beaten up. )

Myself, I'll probably always have a starey-eyed girl avatar. I switched to a cranky Kagami ava once and was told it didn't suit me... Bleh. Starey-girl for life, I guess. Here's one of the first avatars I've ever used online:
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 01:47   Link #36
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
That comes as a relief to me, since I feel the same way Kyuusai and Skane do. (This is silly, I know. ) When I read a Skane, Ascaloth, FatPianoBoy, NoSanninWa, WanderingKnight, etcetcetc post, if I see their "usual" avatars, it's fine. If/when they change, it really does throw me off a little.

Interestingly enough, the one who escaped this was Kyuusai. Though it wasn't the first avatar I've ever seen him with, I tend to think of his hazukashii pink-haired Miyuki avatar whenever he's mentioned. I think this has more to do with how both Miyuki and Kyuusai are living wikis than anything else. (OK, I'll stop here before I get virtually beaten up. )

Myself, I'll probably always have a starey-eyed girl avatar. I switched to a cranky Kagami ava once and was told it didn't suit me... Bleh. Starey-girl for life, I guess. Here's one of the first avatars I've ever used online:
All those you used, keep theirs the same no matter what. Nosanninwa revolves around like 4-5 of them. I've been really too busy extracting images out of adobe so I don't really make avatars anymore. So i stick with the 4-5 that i've really liked.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 02:00   Link #37
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
I usually pair my sigs and avies. I feel as though the avie must pair with a sig I'm making. Mind you, I make my own sigs and avies, even though I'm an amature in sig and avie making. Right now I'm using my Cobray Gordon set (my sig is still in the experimental stage). Previously, I used my Kiba set. It consists of these:

You've seen this before. This is my favorite avie. And I pair it of with this...

My first attempt to use Photoshop.

This is not my first pair; I used an Armored Core pair when I first started here. I have a lot of AC avies, but my favorite is Hustler One (the red avie I started with when I was still known as Raven's_Nest); I accidentally deleted the folder (which I call my "black book") though....

Oh by the way, my avies consist of guys and mecha. I don't do girls 'cause I feel queezy when I make a girl avie; I attempted to make a Tamaki (To Heart 2) avie once, my hands were shaking like mad, my heart was beating like it was going to explode, and my teeth were chattering; I hate to ruin a girl's beauty, especially her face....

Last edited by RavenHawk; 2007-10-29 at 12:33. Reason: Grammar and spelling
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 13:32   Link #38
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I see I'm being talked about... for me, I tend to return to specific characters - though I think in terms of years... Tomoko wil return.. I would have done it this season but I thought Reika's series needed some attention. Now that there seems to be a buzz for her series, I might switch back sooner. Reika and Tomoko could be cousins in looks (though quite different in personality).

All told, Motoko Aoyama is kind of my personal arch-favorite of favorites but all the anime version avatars of her I've ever seen pretty much sucked. My first avatar was of her.
A lot of my rationale has to do with the quality of the avatar itself --- I used Yotsuba's Fuuka for a while but, again, most avatars of her sucked.

Tomoko's color palette, her attitude, and so on just tweak my 'moe' button, as does Kagami.... maybe I'll rotate on a lunar cycle. Right... ya'll convinced me -- back to Tomoko-chan.
Hooray for the return of Tomoko!

Yay!
Old 2007-10-30, 13:34   Link #39
Thingle
Banned

I like girls. That's why I use only girls in my sigs/avvies.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 13:57   Link #40
Thrasher187
Spellcaster
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Thrasher187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingle View Post
I like girls. That's why I use only girls in my sigs/avvies.
Lol, same here. All my avatars and sigs so far all had girls in them.
Thrasher187 is offline   Reply With Quote