AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-28, 01:22   Link #61
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
OK the stage the set. Next main character: Clarice
ah come on ILney, don't even joke like that. XD I once almost stop reading Claymore, depending if Clarice was supposed to be a cheap replacement for Clare. Clarice lacks charisma.
Old 2009-12-28, 01:23   Link #62
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta
What affect did Alicia and Beth have exactly? They were quite boring characters with absolutely no possibility of character development since they were robots. Many of those who died in Pieta contributed moer to the story than Alicia and Beth could have.
It's not about personality, it's about influence; Those two were strong, and had influence over everyone because of it. It's the same with the Abyssals, they were the biggest forces on the island for years. If they die, it better be big.

Quote:
Riful, it pains me to say it, but her time was over. This chapter makes me sad, but I will not be like some of those people who threw a tantrum when Isley died. Once Riful became less and less powerful, there was a point where she was too week to be a meaningful villain for the story anymore.
I knew she was gonna die; I have a feeling it's gonna be like Ryus said about the new Trifecta of Priscilla, Raki and Raciella. Even if she did survive, I was curious and skeptical on what role she could continue. It's not like an alliance with the ghosts would have ever worked out.

Quote:
It still is yagi's style of writing. He kills quickly, without mercy.
Maybe that's what he was aiming for; giving us belief she would survive then throwing us a quick curveball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone
I've been syaing this for 3 chapters now - she wants to kill Raciella, and for that she needs to power up.
Priscilla has no idea that the Clare that Raki was persistantly going on and on about is right in front of her (afterall, there is no evidence Raki knew about Teresa, etc).
The only reasons she would show up before Clare's group is either she wants to continue snacking, or she senses Teresa inside Clare.
For Clare's, Deneve's and Helen's sake, let's hope it's the later.
Heh heh....and I've been disagreeing with you, but with the first page....Revenge seems to be what's on her mind after all

It's possible she feels Raki's scent on her, with the close proximity they've had.
Old 2009-12-28, 01:31   Link #63
iLney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
ah come on ILney, don't even joke like that. XD I once almost stop reading Claymore, depending if Clarice was supposed to be a cheap replacement for Clare. Clarice lacks charisma.

Whatever Rafaela gave Clare we will know in the next chapter. There must be a reason for their meeting. Furthermore, I don't think Clare will awaken and the reason is that the new skill /emo she just acquires cannot be used if she goes berserk. Unless... all of that was for Clare helping Helen dodge those rods and making Priscilla's entrance less surprising for her lulz. And if she is not an AB, she can live

Edit: common don't be mean to Clarice. She's kinda cute
Old 2009-12-28, 01:31   Link #64
Ulquihorror

I dont think Riful died.
I'm sure she's going to pull off an Irene and later on in the story, she's going to give Clare some of her hair when clare goes bald.
Old 2009-12-28, 01:33   Link #65
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
It's not about personality, it's about influence; Those two were strong, and had influence over everyone because of it. It's the same with the Abyssals, they were the biggest forces on the island for years. If they die, it better be big.
What use is strength if you don't have the brains to use it? And those two were Abyssal strength. Think Prissy and Raciella made that kind of strength small in the scale of things. I don't expect Raciella to live too much longer. She's a staute with even less personality than Alicia/Beth. Maybe it will be like Cyclone said and Prissy and the Statue will take each other out.

Quote:
I knew she was gonna die; I have a feeling it's gonna be like Ryus said about the new Trifecta of Priscilla, Raki and Raciella. Even if she did survive, I was curious and skeptical on what role she could continue. It's not like an alliance with the ghosts would have ever worked out.
What's Raciella gonna do, keep spitting?

Quote:
Maybe that's what he was aiming for; giving us belief she would survive then throwing us a quick curveball
I think we've been going about this the wrong way. We should guess what is least likely to happen next chapter.
Old 2009-12-28, 01:37   Link #66
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
I dont think Riful died.
I'm sure she's going to pull off an Irene and later on in the story, she's going to give Clare some of her hair when clare goes bald.
Cyclone said Prissy ate Riful, nuff said.
Old 2009-12-28, 01:37   Link #67
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I AGREE, don't be mean to Clarice

Quote:
What use is strength if you don't have the brains to use it? And those two were Abyssal strength. Think Prissy and Raciella made that kind of strength small in the scale of things. I don't expect Raciella to live too much longer. She's a staute with even less personality than Alicia/Beth. Maybe it will be like Cyclone said and Prissy and the Statue will take each other out.
The thing about me, is that I see their very lack of a personality, as what makes them unique in their own way. After all, what other person is like the twins? They are completely different then anything we've ever seen so far.

The odds that Priscilla and Raciella will eliminate eachother is high.....funny, I'm getting flashbacks to when I thought Raciella would have a brain and her own human form and join the Ghosts and all kinds of theories. Sad that none of those things happened.
Old 2009-12-28, 01:40   Link #68
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
I AGREE, don't be mean to Clarice

The thing about me, is that I see their very lack of a personality, as what makes them unique in their own way. After all, what other person is like the twins? They are completely different then anything we've ever seen so far.

The odds that Priscilla and Raciella will eliminate eachother is high.....funny, I'm getting flashbacks to when I thought Raciella would have a brain and her own human form and join the Ghosts and all kinds of theories. Sad that none of those things happened.
Shieky from a writers perspective, how do you write about a character that lacks personality and make it interesting?
Old 2009-12-28, 01:41   Link #69
FateAnomaly

I am beginning to hate Priscilla all over again. She is killing all of my favourite characters. First Teresa then Alicia/Beth and now Riful..... If the trend is anything to go by, i fear that Helen may die.
Old 2009-12-28, 01:43   Link #70
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Heh heh....and I've been disagreeing with you, but with the first page....Revenge seems to be what's on her mind after all

It's possible she feels Raki's scent on her, with the close proximity they've had.
It's been 7 years. Just how badly does he stink?!?
Might not be revenge actually - maybe priscilla thinks she can still save him if she kills Raciella asap. Everything she has done until now, is inline with such motivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
I dont think Riful died.
Afraid it's a given. I think it's good taste that prevented Yagi showing us Priscilla eating Riful. She pretty much said she was going to eat her, and the next time we see her, there is no reason to think she failed in her stated goal.
Poor Riful...
Old 2009-12-28, 01:46   Link #71
elyK

I hope that Clare doesn't have one of her hot headed moments and ends up having her face slammed into the ground, AGAIN. I hope there is a growth in her character to where she doesn't go mindless; it has yielded some desired results for her (i.e. getting the info on Priscilla from Riful, killing Rigardo, etc...) however there have been serious draw backs as well. Hopefully she realizes that she is clearly a better fighter when she relaxes and controls herself (i.e. the male awakened being, controlled quick sword on Dauf, etc...). Unfortunately, the ending of Ch. 99 doesn't support this.
Old 2009-12-28, 01:48   Link #72
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta
Shieky from a writers perspective, how do you write about a character that lacks personality and make it interesting?
Have you seen Terminator 2?

For a ruthless killing machine with no normal human personality, he became one of my favorite movie heroes and died a memorable death.

Alicia and Beth died in similar ways, just not as dramatic and a whole lot quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone
It's been 7 years. Just how badly does he stink?!?
Might not be revenge actually - maybe priscilla thinks she can still save him if she kills Raciella asap. Everything she has done until now, is inline with such motivation.
Hah, that made laugh

It's possible - seeing how she seems to be like a Queen or something, killing her might sever the links and the monsters drop like dominos.

--

Elyk, in short, its do or die for Claire.

Will she awaken, and if she does, what will become of her? Will she control herself? Raki had the best chance, but he's not there, and I doubt Helen and Deneve can pull her back.

Its all up in the air, and I can't wait to see which route Yagi takes. Odds are though, we'll see a scene-change next chapter.
Old 2009-12-28, 01:50   Link #73
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

If your goal is to kill Priscilla and you are #47, then how is doing what keeps you save ever going to get you to reach your goal. I think that Clare was willing to just sacrafice herself trying to take out prissy. She does make a promise down the line, I have to reread, but I don't think she is going into these things thinking she is going to die anymore after she made that promise.
Old 2009-12-28, 01:51   Link #74
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Lol, how is Clare a better fighter when she controls herself? Her uncontrolled partially awakened self was able to stab through Duff's armor (right through his hand, just missing Riful's face), catch Duff's rod and shoot it back into his face, and she could outrun Rigardo. Clare is exponentially more powerful when she is uncontrolled. There is just the side effect of possibly killing people who are close to her.
Old 2009-12-28, 01:52   Link #75
Cyclone
Transient Guest

I suppose I should explain my reasoning here...

Priscilla impales Riful and says:
"ano machi no juunin no mono dake ja" "zenzen tarinai no watashi..."
"the inhabitants of that town alone," "were nowhere near enough for me..."

The next thing she says is:
"oshikunakutemo" "kono sai ni gaman suru wa"
"[you] may not be tasty" "but in these circumstances, I'll put up with it."
Old 2009-12-28, 01:55   Link #76
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiba
There is just the side effect of possibly killing people who are close to her.
Bingo, which mean Helen and Deneve better duck for cover right now

You missed my point Chiba; it's not about being a better fighter, it's about her, and her losing herself. Even if she beats Prisclla, what will become of her in her fully-awakened state? Odds are, she'll just be a beast.

We don't know for sure, but it's extremely likely her uncontrollable nature and her fully-awakening is the fatal mistake.
Old 2009-12-28, 01:58   Link #77
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:

................Ya lost me.

What's to "fess up"? Did you read the first page?

I think that spells everything out pretty nicely
Yeah, I read those pages, but I tell you it doesn't matter. What does matter is that she just killed another 100+ innocent villagers and you're sitting there telling everyone we shouldn't care. I don't care about the first two pages because all the flashbacks in the world don't make up for the people she just murdered Shiek.

You also said previously that she was redeemed, that we should trust her, and that she wouldn't go on another rampage. The only change I notice is that she's now a much more "human" mass murderer. You mind telling everyone how on earth a flashback of "loving" Raki trumps her killing another 100+ innocent victims? But hey, if you admit you're wrong, I'd love to hear. I'd imagine it might go like this...

"Revan, I'm sorry, it seems you were right, she is still a predator that needs to eat to survive no matter how "redeemed" she is. If only I'd admitted it sooner..."

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2009-12-28, 01:59   Link #78
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Meh, Priscilla managed to go 7 years without eating anyone. Awakened beings who don't eat people are fine by me. Even if they just eat a few of them.... And Clare might be stronger than Priscilla for diet.

And if Clare kills Priscilla and goes berserk she'll just kill the Destroyer. I say go for it Clare! Raki's gone, your friends can run and if you don't go nuts you have no chance. Unless Priscilla smells some Raki on you...

Not to mention Clare has Teresa AND Raphaela in her. They can probably pull her back in some soul link thing... Actually I just want to see Clare's awakened form, and now is as good a time as any for me .
Old 2009-12-28, 02:03   Link #79
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Yeah, I read those pages, but I tell you it doesn't matter. What does matter is that she just killed another 100+ innocent villagers and you're sitting there telling everyone we shouldn't care. I don't care about the first two pages because all the flashbacks in the world don't make up for the people she just murdered Shiek.

You also said previously that she was redeemed, that we should trust her, and that she wouldn't go on another rampage. The only change I notice is that she's now a much more "human" mass murderer. You mind telling everyone how on earth a flashback of "loving" Raki trumps her killing another 100+ innocent victims? But hey, if you admit you're wrong, I'd love to hear. I'd imagine it might go like this...

"Revan, I'm sorry, it seems you were right, she is still a predator that needs to eat to survive no matter how "redeemed" she is. If only I'd admitted it sooner..."
An hour and already you're cracking me up Revan, you remind me of a parent who wants their kid to bow their head and admit they are right XDXDXD

I didn't say she was redeemed though Revan; I said the option is available, and we should wait and see if it gets taken. Isley was well on his way before he got killed, wouldn't you say?

Quote:
Meh, Priscilla managed to go 7 years without eating anyone. Awakened beings who don't eat people are fine by me. Even if they just eat a few of them.... And Clare might be stronger than Priscilla for diet.

And if Clare kills Priscilla and goes berserk she'll just kill the Destroyer. I say go for it Clare! Raki's gone, your friends can run and if you don't go nuts you have no chance. Unless Priscilla smells some Raki on you...

Not to mention Clare has Teresa AND Raphaela in her. They can probably pull her back in some soul link thing... Actually I just want to see Clare's awakened form, and now is as good a time as any for me .
Well sure, I want to see Claire's awakened form. I wonder if it will be different then what we saw at Pieta because of all the power-increases and changes she's gone through.

Well, who knows what'll happen, we'll have to wait and see
Old 2009-12-28, 02:05   Link #80
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I am banking 100% on seeing Clare's fully awakened form at some point in the series. And I am about 99% sure it will have all the same elements we saw before. Yup, I am willing to be absolutely wrong about all this.
Closed Thread