AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-02, 07:27   Link #841
Ypocaramel

Yes, I did some searching and it turns out "悪" is Chinese "惡", which can mean evil but I was concerned about nuances in the context or translation that would confuse me. But I can see what you / the interviwees are getting at - Mikono does mess up a lot, for example, she really was not helping in ep1+2 by freaking out and telling Amata to run before she finally got it together. I also found her jealousy in episode 5 extremely cute but clearly she could and should have dealt with that situation better.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 07:35   Link #842
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Mecha-otaku part of me kinda worry of "school life" episodes because there will be small chance to have proper battle scene on it; but on the other side I'm probably okay if it means we'll get more character and relationship development
I don't think you'll need to worry about that, somehow the old Aquarion manages to throw in a Mecha battle at the end of every school day episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
More fan arts...

Good find

But that... 'Cat'(?)... It really does seem to get around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
I can't confirm the source material being fake or not fake, but the translation with it here is both incomplete and what is translated seems a bit off (unless there's context we're missing). I'm not a real translator -- understanding is easier than translating -- but I'll take a whack at a couple things.

First, as was already mentioned, translating "マリー曰く「ミコノは悪い女」" as "According to Mari, Mikono is an *evil* girl" seems a bit aggressive (the *evil* part). That's a bit too strong and overly-specific for what's literally there, which is a fairly vague "Mikono's a bad woman" (which still comes across too strong in English).

Then there's this part:

...which that approximate translation basically skipped over. In-context, this is someone paraphrasing some more of what Kaji said, but isn't a direct quote from Kaji. I already paraphrased the last two lines earlier, but a fuller paraphrase (so paraphrase-of-a-paraphrase from a blog post summarizing an interview in a magazine, lol), would be:

Spoiler for TN Notes:

As always, I'd prefer a proper translation to my paraphrasing, but I hope that makes what I was basing my guesses on a bit clearer for everyone. It jumped out at me b/c it's the kind of thing I could easily believe the writers would say: once it's pointed out it feels obviously correct -- a *very* good characterization of Mikono so far -- but it's hard as a viewer to be that precise this early on.

Moving back to the discussion: as much as I want to see a grief-tricken Mykage go into fully-fabulous berserker mode, I agree it'd be a shame to kill Kagura off anywhere as early as that halfway point, if only because he does have a cool character design. Beyond that though, eh? He's like Zessica insofar as we haven't seen enough of his personality for me to have a strong opinion on him one way or the other.
Good explanation, I got some of the stuff from before, but it's good to have it properly explained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Yes, I did some searching and it turns out "悪" is Chinese "惡", which can evil means but I was concerned about nuances in the context or translation that would confuse me. But I can see what you / the interviwees are getting at - Mikono does mess up a lot, for example, she really was not helping in ep1+2 by freaking out and telling Amata to run before she finally got it together. I also found her jealousy in episode 5 extremely cute but clearly she could and should have dealt with that situation better.

Hmmm if that's the extend of her 'Evil' then we would be making mountains out of molehills because that's call being human, not mess up.

Mess up is like what Luke did in the first part of Tales of the Abyss, or the Trojans when they let that horse in.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-02-02 at 08:59.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 07:40   Link #843
Ypocaramel

She could make a bigger mess than she has - I hope she doesn't. But my point is that the hints there, unfortunately, and yes, her flaws are very human, even understable and charming in a way, but they are unfortunately flaws nonetheless.

Last edited by Ypocaramel; 2012-02-02 at 07:53.
Old 2012-02-02, 08:27   Link #844
Kurbul

Maybe Mikono is reincarnation of Scorpius and that explain Mikono will become a bad girl later in the story

In Aquarion OVA,It was Scorpius that killed Apollonius and will she repeat it again with Amata if she really is Scorpius reincarnation?

Last edited by Kurbul; 2012-02-02 at 08:44.
Kurbul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 10:01   Link #845
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 05.... Donuts :D

wowser, you fella's really piled on the posts since I last ventured into here I guess I don't have the time I used to to speculate with you guys, so forgive me if some of these quotes appear old (I have a habit of keeping browser tabs open for weeks, so I just want to clear these up )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Hmmm... yeah, GynephiliacXAndrophobe pairings tend to be pretty obvious.
Yeah that's the same thing I thought after ep 01, these writers aren't even trying to hide the obvious For example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
But, in the next ep, I feel like I want to see Zessica flirt with Amata,

lol his arm went on the side of her breasts, not in the valley
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
causing Mikono to go tsun tsun jealous,

Sure we didn't see this in that ep 04 preview, but you know it was going to happen, so don't be surprised if they finalize the trope by having Andy get hurt and he goes "tch, that was uncool of me, eh?" and then Mixy-chan dere'ingly calls him "baka" while cradling his his injured self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
- Okada Mari's script is often so extreme that he ends up having to change it. (For instance, Amata sticking his head up Mikono's skirt in episode 3 was originally meant to be done into Mikono's crotch....???)
That sounds like something I would write and put on the air regardless of the pressure, I mean why not? It's not like they showed her pantsu either

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Well, Mikono's only real experience with Amata is that only feelings related to women make him fly. She doesn't know that it's strong emotions that set him off, no matter what type.
I actually only see 2 types, one is the typical male response to female skinship, the other is his "Mikono is my waifu" desires at least what the present Amata is showing us. I wonder what was it that made him fly when he was a kid....

Speaking of Mikono, I find that Kagura funny with his sniffing fetish. But I'll tell ya one thing, Kagura: you ain't smell nothin' unless you sniff some pantsu *runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Just dropping by to say that Kirino-Mix is one hot lady.
Kudos to the character designer.

Spoiler for D-don't look at me like that, you pervert!:
Mixy-chan

Aw, I've been waiting since Monday for a good stitch of this, I guess it's not easy (yeah I tried, I quit after I deemed it too time consuming in the little time I allotted)

And she's mine! No lusting after my waifu!

Might as well contribute to the cause:

lol Inu X Mixy

Bring on the Mixy fan art XD

Okay.... her Butt Sense is tingling *runs*
Spoiler for slightly NSFW:
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 11:07   Link #846
EroKing

and my waifu list keeps growing...
Old 2012-02-02, 13:37   Link #847
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
I stumbled upon some bits of information from interviews with director Yamamoto Yuusuke and Amata's seiyuu Kaji Yuuki in some magazine (FREECELL):

Spoiler for Vague spoilers for the few upcoming episodes:

Man, that's Okada for you wwwww

Thanks for the info~ rep for Jo0
Spoiler for Thoughts about the spoiler:

Quote:
like the idea of Kagura getting killed off -- and anger over this changing "fabulous Mykage, stealer of your women" into "furious Mykage, destroyer of your world" -- but that seems unlikely (unless Kagura's just a clone/android/whatever and there're like 10 more Kaguras in cold storage, but that also seems unlikely).
OMG YOU NEARLY KILLED ME!!! I am allergic to these thoughts

why do you want to kill the only bad ass character in the Evolverse? I VOTE NO!!!!

Are there no Kagura fan arts in existence? Please post some!
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 14:10   Link #848
Shikijin

@Lord of Pandemonium
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 14:57   Link #849
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Are there no Kagura fan arts in existence? Please post some!
Ask, and ye shall recieve.

Spoiler for Kagura Fanart (saving space):

Enjoy ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Ah, I think that makes sense, as I really can't see her pulling a fast one on us by becoming 'evil'. Honestly, I feel like Okada used 'evil' in such a vague manner in order to disorientate the fans for the lulz.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 15:43   Link #850
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Spoiler for Kagura Fanart Part 2:
LOL, indeed.
Old 2012-02-02, 17:37   Link #851
justavisitor

hmm...finally manage to catch up

HK is actually my birthplace and it is really nice to see that episode 5 has a pretty good and realistic adaption of Hong Kong XD

And this series has quite of lot of silliness moments But it's pretty enjoyable.

So far I think I can understand the series without the need to know anything beyond basic from the first series....guess this is a good sign for ppl who did not have the opportunity to watch the first series..

I think I will keep watching...

P.S who's the sheryl-look-alike person? There is probably too much info in the first couple episodes so I actually forget her role in this series XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 19:12   Link #852
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post

P.S who's the sheryl-look-alike person? There is probably too much info in the first couple episodes so I actually forget her role in this series XD
Oh the actress in the Aquarion movie, right? She's idolized and was taken from Amata, and she's apparently idolized by the other side too.
No idea what her role is in the end though.

I also just noticed the whole Sazanka-Ranka shenanigans. I (finally) see what you did there, Kawamori.

Regarding the spoiler
Spoiler for speculation:
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 19:29   Link #853
justavisitor

@SkullFaerie
many thx...it just never occurred to me that the actress and the one taken away from Amata are the same person...somehow I thought the scenes where the woman disappears to the sky was Amata's dream/memory about the the first series.. (the reincarnation stuff)...it's just that when I see her appear on the other side as well, I know something doesn't add up XD

Thanks for the clarification, and once again thx for bringing me into the series XD (the avatar )
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 19:41   Link #854
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
@SkullFaerie
many thx...it just never occurred to me that the actress and the one taken away from Amata are the same person...somehow I thought the scenes where the woman disappears to the sky was Amata's dream/memory about the the first series.. (the reincarnation stuff)...it's just that when I see her appear on the other side as well, I know something doesn't add up XD

Thanks for the clarification, and once again thx for bringing me into the series XD (the avatar )
Haha, no worries, I'm glad you ended up liking it

You know, I probably would've thought something like that too, if I hadn't seen the first series, and there wasn't anyone like that xD Well, but we still don't really know who she's supposed to be, since all we know is she was an actress, she went away (unclear if she was taken or just went), Amata idolized her and the Abductor-guys idolize her and in their world projections of her are rare.
She could be their queen bee for all we know, or Amata's mom, or sister, idol. She could be Gandalf in disguise for all we know.
She'll be an important (in function or action) side character, that's for sure.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 02:09   Link #855
cyberdemon

A little thought on Mikono being called bad. It could just be that she refuses to simply hold back her feelings for Amata like neo-deava wants. considering that her and Amata are the ones who could truly bring out Aquarion's power. that would be very counterproductive if it causes it to keep going berserk.

Or it could be that her unknown element is something that is more dangerous for them. Something very useful to the abductors whether she is willing to help them or if they have a way to force her to keep using it for them like a machine that will just keep it going for them.

concerning the actress. The flashback shows her being abducted by Aquarion rather than the abductors with Amata chasing after her. The opening also shows her asleep in some kind of liquid which likely means she is still alive but being held captive more likely by Neo-deava than the abductors. Perhaps her and Amata are actually from the abductors planet. Amata somehow ended up being brought over during or after the abduction of the actress.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 02:23   Link #856
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah I honestly don't know how she could be considered "villainous". It's probably just the translation because I don't think you can be unintentionally villianous.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 04:35   Link #857
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurbul View Post
Maybe Mikono is reincarnation of Scorpius and that explain Mikono will become a bad girl later in the story

In Aquarion OVA,It was Scorpius that killed Apollonius and will she repeat it again with Amata if she really is Scorpius reincarnation?
Scorpius who became Reika wasn't evil. Indeed Reika's regret in her past life and what she was possessed to do by Touma affected her parallel universe twin to be filled with bad luck.

Since we are talking of parallel universes it is obvious that Altair is another Earth.

It is possible that Altair also had or has an Alisia of their own. Yes two versions of Alisia from two universes.

Alisia is a significant name because it is Apollonius and Celiane's daughter.

What if Zen/Gen and Crea/Rena? were missing a piece? That isn't just the souls of Apollo and Silvia wanting to meet again but the daughter of their past incarnations?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 06:32   Link #858
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I still think Mikono and Kagura are gonna be an item. Sooner than later, even... Perhaps, the "villainous" bit refers to this happening, and its consequences. Well, nothing but speculation, for now.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 08:59   Link #859
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
What if Zen/Gen and Crea/Rena? were missing a piece?
I like this idea and think it'd add a lot to the story if something like that happened. Or something like Mykage and Zen are each missing some piece(s), and wind up playing some chess between each other to try and collect a full set.

In re: Kagura, I can't shake the sense he's not a true resurrection, but maybe some kind of synthetic clone/android. The likely meaning of his name and the idea of "a wedding in mourning clothes" (e.g.: sacrifice ritual?) contributes to this, and there's also the way he reacted to seeing Amata's solar wings back in ep1 (it seemed like a stereotypical "wow, he's the real thing? Let's see what he's got!" reaction).

In re: Mikono: I don't think Mikono's seen the version of Cayenne's vision where she turns into a skeleton, has she? If she hasn't, her reaction to Kagura makes a lot of sense: all else aside, Mikono's in love with the idea of destiny and fate and all that, and he's her future husband in that vision.

And, I can easily see her insecurities leading her to ask Amata to do something he shouldn't to "prove his love". Maybe even likely, given how much talk about "forbidden" things this show has had so far (forbidden names, forbidding meetings, forbidden powers, love forbidden, etc.). Not too long until we have a new episode to pick apart.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 09:06   Link #860
Ypocaramel

Quote:
In re: Mikono: I don't think Mikono's seen the version of Cayenne's vision where she turns into a skeleton, has she? If she hasn't, her reaction to Kagura makes a lot of sense: all else aside, Mikono's in love with the idea of destiny and fate and all that, and he's her future husband in that vision.

And, I can easily see her insecurities leading her to ask Amata to do something he shouldn't to "prove his love". Maybe even likely, given how much talk about "forbidden" things this show has had so far (forbidden names, forbidding meetings, forbidden powers, love forbidden, etc.). Not too long until we have a new episode to pick apart.
The first part is interesting - I agree you might be onto something there. But she also saw herself looking sad and dressed in black for the wedding, so she might have some pause about that vision. But it could lead to her being more likely to "give in to fate" even if she does not do anything active to make the vision come true or love Kagura.

I can see the logic in the second part too but I can't agree with that reading of her charatcter. My reading of her so far is that based on the nature of her insecurities she's more likely to blame it on herself "I'm useless, I don't deserve to be loved by Amata-kun..." It would more likely if her insecurities lead Amata to do something crazy to prove his love, making her an "unintentional villian" in a sense that it is her passive acts, not active acts, that cause disaster.

Last edited by Ypocaramel; 2012-02-03 at 09:17.

Tags
comedy, science fiction