AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-04-23, 22:02   Link #41801
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Nein, this is further into the story where Gospel gets retrofitted into Stygian Gospel with it's AI integrated with another AI unit.
You'd think those 'Murikans will learn

Quote:
During the fight, both parties are KO'd, the foreign AI unit terminated, and the Gospel AI then assumes full control over the Stygian Gospel frame. Instead of destroying the Minerva and killing Inami, it spares his life for freeing it from foreign AI control.
Assuming this means the old AI is strong, time to send Gospel to Black Works... and seal it

Or worse, letting the AI active... while the frame not.
Old 2013-04-23, 22:17   Link #41802
DarkJak2050

StratoSpear, how does the Helmet look on the Minerva?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 22:36   Link #41803
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ Eras & Tempest
Averted if female are held at higher place from the get go

Shinonono lineage, for example, are led by male (per Japan's traditional hierarchy), but they honor the virtue of women and their signature style is entirely developed for women to use. Been hundreds of year old, too. Houki inheriting the dojo will not be that odd, she will be de facto leader even if she has uninterested husband as de jure leader.

(Of course, there's Tabane's screw up)

Sarashiki also implied to be matriarchal, but can't vouch for it considering very little info about them.

@ Jak
Most of them will have passing curiosity. Considering your guys are musclebound perpetual frowner, I bet my ass some of the girls who just happen to bump unto them is flat out scared. From here, it's up to you to choose, because I can't guess hows the reaction of 450 girls + more staff.
Sarashiki's are not matriarchal. Ichika specifically notes that the name "Tatenashi" is male, meaning the leader is most likely a male a lot of the time compared to "Katana's" case. But my guess is skill trumps everything.

Now what skills are considered more important is what's unknown. What if one sibling is good in frontline assault while another is best at stealth?
Old 2013-04-23, 22:37   Link #41804
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
You'd think those 'Murikans will learn
The Gospel is captured and retrofitted by another group. Not the Yanks' fault.

Quote:

Assuming this means the old AI is strong, time to send Gospel to Black Works... and seal it

Or worse, letting the AI active... while the frame not.
Black Works??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
StratoSpear, how does the Helmet look on the Minerva?
I envision them as the UNSC's Spartan helmets from Halo.
Old 2013-04-23, 22:47   Link #41805
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
The Gospel is captured and retrofitted by another group. Not the Yanks' fault.
Hmmm, then my point is moot

Quote:
Black Works??
Typical shadowy military industry of a country, or at least a branch thereof. Specializes in research, development AND disposal of experimental weapons, for the country's defense.
Old 2013-04-23, 22:53   Link #41806
Eratas123

Has anybody in the cast, except Chifuyu and possibly Tabane, ever killed before?
Old 2013-04-23, 23:05   Link #41807
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nope

Squall and Autumn maybe, and possibly Madoka.

But the good guys don't have that, never mind anything related to Lingyin.
Old 2013-04-23, 23:25   Link #41808
Eratas123

Uh, shouldn't Tatenashi and Laura have killed before? Their occupation doesn't leave much room for much else.
Old 2013-04-23, 23:32   Link #41809
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Laura's occupation is mothballed the moment I.S. come.

And Tatenashi doesn't seem to be THAT active. She's organization leader, not grunt.
Old 2013-04-24, 00:07   Link #41810
Eratas123

Uh, the IS can't officially be used by the army, so her military career wouldn't have been compromised. :/

The Sarashiki's seem to be operating under "Authority = Asskicking", so she must have experience given her skills. And lets not forget that the attack on Squall looks fatal regardless of how you put it.
Old 2013-04-24, 00:18   Link #41811
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, but it's a good war deterrent (keeping conflict at very small scale). Supersoldier wasn't exactly cost effective during peacetime, not to mention the moral implication and the risk it brought, and so they want to try to integrate her program into I.S. development. It's safer that way.

It's all matter on who you want to fight and how expensive it would be.

As for Tatenahsi, I have little to no clue about her, so it's up to you how to interpret it. Conspiracy and spy fiction is not my expertise.
Old 2013-04-24, 00:30   Link #41812
Eratas123

Yeah, but black ops aren't down; in fact, they'd probably increase given that every country wants to know each others secrets. That and Laura is remarkably nonchalant with almost killing Cecilia and Rin during their first fight.

Fair enough with Tatenashi But let me ask something: Would Ichika think less of a person because they've killed before?
Old 2013-04-24, 01:33   Link #41813
DarkJak2050

Now that you mentioned it, would he?

That question never crossed my mind at all.
Old 2013-04-24, 01:39   Link #41814
Eratas123

Indeed. Though I have to admit that Houki's take on this is REALLY faulty; she was willing to let illegal fishers die. Seriously Houki, illegal fishers? Not human traffickers, drug cartels, terrorists, or even smugglers. Just illegal fishers and she goes "They're bad, they deserve to die!"
Old 2013-04-24, 02:00   Link #41815
DarkJak2050

Yeah, "what the hell?" is right.

So StratoSpear, you said that the Minerva's energy shield's a bubble, but in it's final form it's on the armor itself, right?

Now what about when it takes damage, does it appear with every hit?

For the energy shield on the Silverbacks, you can Physical see the "damage" on it. The damage is not real, but it shows the status of the energy shield. For example, if it has a cracked-glass pattern all over, it means it's about to break.

The pattern would look like this:
Old 2013-04-24, 02:15   Link #41816
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Never think about that either, and as much as possible a question I will avoid.

Dunno if it's canon Ichika, but if it's inevitable and for a really, really good reason (as in, Rapist, Slaver, Serial Killer, self defense etc) ST Ichika probably pat you on the back
Old 2013-04-24, 02:42   Link #41817
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Never think about that either, and as much as possible a question I will avoid.

Dunno if it's canon Ichika, but if it's inevitable and for a really, really good reason (as in, Rapist, Slaver, Serial Killer, self defense etc) ST Ichika probably pat you on the back
That could be a problem with my guys...
Old 2013-04-24, 03:00   Link #41818
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Yeah, "what the hell?" is right.

So StratoSpear, you said that the Minerva's energy shield's a bubble, but in it's final form it's on the armor itself, right?

Now what about when it takes damage, does it appear with every hit?

For the energy shield on the Silverbacks, you can Physical see the "damage" on it. The damage is not real, but it shows the status of the energy shield. For example, if it has a cracked-glass pattern all over, it means it's about to break.
The Minerva's isn't so complicated. It shows when it gets hit but it won't show any signs of damage/tension until there's no energy to sustain it, in which then the barrier simply "shatters".
Old 2013-04-24, 03:04   Link #41819
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Can someone tell me why exactly Houki thought she was justified in letting illegal fishers die? What, did a fisher bonk her on the head when she was younger and she swore to herself to let them all die?
Old 2013-04-24, 03:13   Link #41820
DarkJak2050

Quote:
The Minerva's isn't so complicated. It shows when it gets hit but it won't show any signs of damage/tension until there's no energy to sustain it, in which then the barrier simply "shatters".
The Silverback has that shatter effect as well. If shield has the cracked-glass pattern all over, and it gets a few smaller hits or a huge hit, it'll "shatter" and the Silverback will be downed.

And as for physically seeing the "damage", you can only see it if you're looking through the Silverback's Visor.

An IS pilot can't see it, even when they're in an IS.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest