Spoiler for Chapter 339:
Old 2007-01-25, 00:37   Link #183
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 339:
Not entirely.

Shikimaru's prediction is base entirely on logic and his info on his enemy.

Naruto is stupid but not dumb. He has a far better instinct for fights then Shikimaru. All he has to do is something completely out of character which would actually be in character for him. And Shiki's prediction would fail.
Old 2007-01-25, 01:23   Link #184
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Forget battle tactics or smarts. What has Shikamaru got that can counter Tajuu Kage Bunshin? His taijutsu, chakra bank, or stamina isn't all that impressive. In a straight 1 on 1 battle a la chuunin exam, I don't think Shikamaru would have a snowball's chance in hell...no matter how smart he is.

But he's still more of a badass than Naruto. Tossing the cigarette to blow up Hidan was a nice touch. I don't think there will be anything to come anywhere near that level of badassery.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 01:54   Link #185
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
No, they don't meat in reality, they just meet telepathically.
What I wonder: If the leader now tries to summon them (with hidan beeing blown up to pieces), does he just get the part of Hidan, with the ring attached, or does he get an uninjured Hidan, since this telepathy works on a non-physical level?
I know but since he cant use handseals....he needs to meet them...(atleast 1 pair) to tell the story or perhaps he can share chakra from his head
Old 2007-01-25, 08:14   Link #186
rman0099
On my nut

Here are a few thoughts on the latest developements:

1.) People ask "why be so confident in a jutsu 50% complete? could it be that powerful?" Maybe he will not be using the 50% compete jutsu. Naruto may have learned variations of it while training, giving him a repetiore of wind jutsu. We have already seen one adaptation as a tornado. For once we may see a more balanced naruto that doesn't spam the same to jutsu continuously in battle. A good example of this would be a water user such as kakashi. He can use a simple jutsu such as a water bullet or much larger like a tidal wave. Naruto may ACTUALLY have grades to his jutsu now.

2.) The use of his clones: Naruto seems to be using his clones intelligently. Not summoning them en masse only to waste 50 in a bum rush wave. He uses 2 to test the oponent while the others form a jutsu. His 2 attack clones could distract and lure him into a trap to get hit by his justu. Or they could be used to scope him out, hold him, and get blasted away by the justu from the other clones. If Naruto's oponent survives then he has tactical data from the dismissed clones. Their sacrifice only benefits him.
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 08:54   Link #187
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

A bunch of kage bunshin based stuff is a nifty idea. The 2 things said in the spoilers along with other ideas and wind based stuff would balance him out. Yamamotos reaction when Naruto practiced his jutsu seemed to imply that even an incomplete version was godly. Didnt he use a Wind Rasengan to save Kakashi at the end of 337? Now they're saying its incomplete...

Another kage bunshin based idea: This one requires the kyuubis limitless chakra tho and theyre pulling away from that. Its simple. Endless Kage Bunshins. If the chakra is unexhaustable, it makes sense that he can create an endless supply of bunshins. No matter how skilled you are, you will get tired eventually....

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 09:28   Link #188
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Not entirely.

Shikimaru's prediction is base entirely on logic and his info on his enemy.

Naruto is stupid but not dumb. He has a far better instinct for fights then Shikimaru. All he has to do is something completely out of character which would actually be in character for him. And Shiki's prediction would fail.
-Unless of course, Shikamaru already predicted that Naruto would try to throw him off by acting out of character and decided to roll with it as a feint. Then when Naruto lowers his guard, well you get the idea. If Shikamaru can think 200 ways of winning in the heat of battle then obviously he can deal with Naruto (even if he cannot overpower him in battle).
Old 2007-01-25, 09:45   Link #189
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
A bunch of kage bunshin based stuff is a nifty idea. The 2 things said in the spoilers along with other ideas and wind based stuff would balance him out. Yamamotos reaction when Naruto practiced his jutsu seemed to imply that even an incomplete version was godly. Didnt he use a Wind Rasengan to save Kakashi at the end of 337? Now they're saying its incomplete...

Another kage bunshin based idea: This one requires the kyuubis limitless chakra tho and theyre pulling away from that. Its simple. Endless Kage Bunshins. If the chakra is unexhaustable, it makes sense that he can create an endless supply of bunshins. No matter how skilled you are, you will get tired eventually....
Hahahaha yeah that IS true....but then again...i doubt Naruto's body can handle constant chakra release like that (remember Rasengan training?) I think something like that will happen.

Naruto himself will be in....10 Naruto years (+his KGB training in his spare time) a one man army.

He can invade any country he wants sending an amount of 10.000 (chuunin/jounin combat lvl clones) at once every few hours, everyday and destroy everything...If he uses Henge it'll seem like other ninja's appart from Naruto are attacking.

Though i wonder if Naruto is able to use Kage Kyuchose No Jutsu (or whatever its name will be) one day (copy Gamabunta+himself....2x or more Gamabunta's vs his opponents)
Old 2007-01-25, 10:14   Link #190
chuckcsf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Unless of course, Shikamaru already predicted that Naruto would try to throw him off by acting out of character and decided to roll with it as a feint. Then when Naruto lowers his guard, well you get the idea. If Shikamaru can think 200 ways of winning in the heat of battle then obviously he can deal with Naruto (even if he cannot overpower him in battle).
Just like Shika's fight againts Temari in the Chuunin exams, He had already thought of the 200 possibilities but he couldn't use them after all.
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 10:24   Link #191
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcsf View Post
Just like Shika's fight againts Temari in the Chuunin exams, He had already thought of the 200 possibilities but he couldn't use them after all.
-True, true. This is where Shikamaru's brilliant stategies start to crumble. He has very little staying power while Naruto has enough for a 100 people. Getting caught in a Kagemane no jutsu isn't that big a deal for Naruto. Then again I'm skeptical that he'd survive if he was caught like Hidan in this chapter. I suppose we cannot be certain since these 2 characters never actually squared off to begin with...
Old 2007-01-25, 11:14   Link #192
naruto89

a bit off topic but do u realize that neji will know the appearance and possibly the identity of all the akatsuki members because when he was standing outside the cave he used the byukagen in the save garra arc
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 11:19   Link #193
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Spoiler:
Naruto using bushins is two fold. One is that the enemy can't tell which one is real! So with 4 or 5 bushins you'd basically need a nuke to take out ALL of them at the exact same time. Second is that any attack you do will not only be experianced first hand, but watched from different angles as well. If sharingan users used bushin more often they would be alot naster.

Oh yea. Also It would be super sweet if naruto started using bushins for more combo jutsu. Kakuzu has certantly set the sceene for it, and Jirya has been gearing Naruto for a high power jutsu fighting style since day one. If naruto can use his wind chakra for more than just rasengan, or he can combine jutsus for better stuff then Sexy no jutsu, his battles coudl get real sick real fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
a bit off topic but do u realize that neji will know the appearance and possibly the identity of all the akatsuki members because when he was standing outside the cave he used the byukagen in the save garra arc
Neji couldn't see inside. It had a special seal.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-01-25 at 11:57.
Kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 11:24   Link #194
naruto89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
Neji couldn't see inside. It had a special seal.
but he said that what he has seen inside is disturbing or summat which i dont think is related to the seal
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 11:40   Link #195
XYKE
Super-Middle weight!

so when is 339 coming out?
XYKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 11:57   Link #196
Negs

regarding kagebunshin

Someone please remind me. When kagebunshin is used, what are the conditions which allow the user to gain the information learned from the bunshins? Does the user have to release the bunshins? Or can the information still be learned if the bunshins are destroyed by the opponent?
Negs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 12:02   Link #197
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYKE View Post
so when is 339 coming out?
If there is no delay, I expect the raw to come out in the next 24 hours and the first LQ translated releases around 12 hours later.

I believe Shonen Jump is released every monday in Japan, but the raw providers manage to get their things 3-5 days before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negs View Post
Someone please remind me. When kagebunshin is used, what are the conditions which allow the user to gain the information learned from the bunshins? Does the user have to release the bunshins? Or can the information still be learned if the bunshins are destroyed by the opponent?
I don't remember it being mentionned. As far I know, whenever the bunshin goes *POOF*, the user learns the information (even if the *POOF* wasn't intended)

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-01-25 at 14:45. Reason: Don't double post.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 12:51   Link #198
majin_vegeta

Wouldn't it be sweet if Naruto finally figured out how to alter the Kage Bunshin no Jutsu. He could have a mini hurricane come out every destroyed Bunshin.
majin_vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 12:57   Link #199
Nuu
Teh Sauce

that would be cool but i dont think he has tried making bushins with molded wind chakra or has he???
Nuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 14:31   Link #200
Negs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
I don't remember it being mentionned. As far I know, whenever the bunshin goes *POOF*, the user learns the information (even if the *POOF* wasn't intended)
So my assumption that during the whole time Naruto used KB, he wasn't able to gather any information until Kakashi enlighted him? I also doubt that the *POOF* has to be intended, but it would explain why he wasn't able to learn anything from his bunshins up until now, since 9 times out of 10, he'd just send his clones into the fray, and have them get their asses whoped en masse...
Negs is offline   Reply With Quote