AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-23, 05:35   Link #1
sayde

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 493 Discussion

Quote:
As a reminder, Bleach manga has been licensed by Viz media, and thus providing links which help in illegally obtaining such material is forbidden, as stated in the Forum Rules.
Inability to follow this rule will result in a BAN!
Quote:
* NO Scannalation links or NAMES

* NO Online Reader links

* NO RAW links
Feel free to discuss this weeks spoilers here.

Last edited by sayde; 2012-05-23 at 17:19.
Old 2012-05-23, 07:15   Link #2
Aesthetic Shampoo

Ichigo to the rescue!! While everyone else is helpless!! Again.
Old 2012-05-23, 07:16   Link #3
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Against that freak? Yea they pretty much are.
Old 2012-05-23, 07:55   Link #4
Eragon
Still Alive

^ Well, every one of the quincy's is gonna be like that. So, are we expecting a full on rape of Shinigami's here?
Old 2012-05-23, 08:23   Link #5
Valky
Radioactive

Considering they can suck everyone & everything, they should be able to.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:29   Link #6
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yea...I wanna see them suck Kenpachi's reiatsu dry...

"Shit...how much energy does this guy have!?" says the little Quincy as Kenpachi cuts them all down.

BTW how much yall wanna bet that Ichigo is somehow immune to that move because of his Fullbringer BS?
Old 2012-05-23, 08:33   Link #7
Eragon
Still Alive

So we gonna have a Ichigo vs Quincies war. But ofc, Kubo will come up with some lame excuse about how this ability doesn't affect the captain level shingami -___-

Just like him to uber-power someone and then put some absolutely crap reason to limit the use of their power

Quote:
BTW how much yall wanna bet that Ichigo is somehow immune to that move because of his Fullbringer BS?
Actually there is a legit reason why they can't absorb him(literally) - he's a human not made up of reiatsu. I think one the arrancars said that he can absorb them as he did with Ayon
Old 2012-05-23, 08:37   Link #8
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Yea...I wanna see them suck Kenpachi's reiatsu dry...

"Shit...how much energy does this guy have!?" says the little Quincy as Kenpachi cuts them all down.

I lol'ed at the second line.

Btw, didn't Ichigo also bleed in this chapter?

I wonder if they suck too much they'll get stomachache/diarrhea.
Old 2012-05-23, 10:04   Link #9
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
So we gonna have a Ichigo vs Quincies war. But ofc, Kubo will come up with some lame excuse about how this ability doesn't affect the captain level shingami -___-

Just like him to uber-power someone and then put some absolutely crap reason to limit the use of their power
this is exactly what will happen. kenpachi, kyouraku, ukitake, etc... will be immune. their mysterious bankais (not kenpachi) will have something to do with countering quincies and reaitsu absorption. thats why ukitake said it was too dangerous for kyouraku to use his during the aizen war.

i think kubo is aizen. he just holds off on revealing certain people's powers. then when he writes himself into a corner or comes up with a new evil power, he has a bunch of 'mysterious bankais and powers' to reveal that just so happen to be the perfect counter to whatever new ability he has written and deemed to be unstoppable. not to mention just upgrading ichigo's power to whatever it needs to be at any given time to counter any new evil power. all part of his plan... or lazy writing. one of those
Old 2012-05-23, 11:02   Link #10
haegar
mangaviking

the looks of that guy after absorbing Alon are kinda symbolic for the state of things of this manga: It's some weird sorta chimera, it's half-arsed, it's sucking out people's soul(or money or nerves or whatever you wanna substitute), it's fugly and it's inevitable end is neigh

@ Eragon's "he's human" in theory good point but Kubo didn't tink it through, to my knowledge neither Orihime nor Chad are 100% reiatsu yet they get sucked there ...
Old 2012-05-23, 12:07   Link #11
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
the looks of that guy after absorbing Alon are kinda symbolic for the state of things of this manga: It's some weird sorta chimera, it's half-arsed, it's sucking out people's soul(or money or nerves or whatever you wanna substitute), it's fugly and it's inevitable end is neigh
haha yea. also it looks like a little kid drew it. the lack of detail is astounding. I've always defended Kubo's art, but how lazy can you get? "I'll just stick Ayon's eyes on his wings, and then draw some circles for his large teeth and then I guess make his arm bigger with no detail... hmm I'm hungry. time for a sammich"
Old 2012-05-23, 13:53   Link #12
Excelion

So that disc on the head is their weakness. Or at least that guy's weakness.
Old 2012-05-23, 14:20   Link #13
Enishi316

..This fight is 4 chapters too long..>_>
Old 2012-05-23, 14:36   Link #14
sayde

I lol'd. I would say "I can't believe I called this a couple weeks ago", but I'd be lying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
realistically speaking, I'm thinking Kirge's probably going to find some way to reduce Ayon to spirit particles and collect that energy. That will be what pushes Ichigo to go Bankai. I hope I'm way off though.
Well at least an interesting line regarding Orihime was stated in this weeks chapter. Apparently she's got some noticeable spiritual pressure. Who knew? (No seriously, who knew?) lol

Its kinda sad to see the 3 fraccion members get reduced to spirit particles, but at least there's a faint sliver of hope that Kubo might actually try to make Orihime relevant again. Oh btw, it seems like the fraccion members brief conversation w/ Orihime makes the short novel in the 3rd databook non-canon (since they didn't seem to remember who she was right away). One would think that they'd remember the face of the one that saved their precious Harribel very well...if that actually happened.

PS: If Quincy's can't absorb the likes of Ichigo, Orihime, and Chad just because they're human, I'm calling BS. Because that really shouldn't matter. If they're in Soul Society or Hueco Mundo, they underwent a process that converted their physical bodies to spiritual particles. So I'll accept any other reason Kubo can come up with to explain why our human protagonists can't be broken down. It just better not be simply "because they're human". There'd have to be more to it than that for it to make sense.
Old 2012-05-23, 14:46   Link #15
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Why was it no surprise that Ichigo was late/slow at charging in to the rescue, he could or more should have jumped in as soon as Allon was sucked up but no he takes his sweet time as usual and after people get hurt.

Yea you could put it down to "cliche" if you want but I think we're past that now, just have Ichigo lay the smack down on this chump and move on.

Well I'm hoping to see Ukitake and Kyoraku kick some ass now, it's about time and if they don't live up to some of the hope I've put in, I'll be too sorely disapponited to even say so.
Old 2012-05-23, 15:15   Link #16
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:

PS: If Quincy's can't absorb the likes of Ichigo, Orihime, and Chad just because they're human, I'm calling BS. Because that really shouldn't matter. If they're in Soul Society or Hueco Mundo, they underwent a process that converted their physical bodies to spiritual particles. So I'll accept any other reason Kubo can come up with to explain why our human protagonists can't be broken down. It just better not be simply "because they're human". There'd have to be more to it than that for it to make sense.
Ahhh, I forgot they had to undergo a conversion to travel to HM or SS.
Then it really will be Ichhigo vs Quincies - 'cause you know Kubo is too deep in luurve (damm, can't mimick Happy without voice)with Ichigo to make him lose by just breaking him into reishi
Old 2012-05-23, 16:03   Link #17
Casshern

Quote:
They can't absorb the physical bodies, but according to canon the Quincy should still be able to absorb anyone's reiatsu, just as Ishida absorbed Ichigo's to boost his bow when they fought the very first menos.

Also, last time I checked Ichigo didn't have a physical body in shinigami form. He should be all spirit particles, unless that changed when he became a fullbringer.

Anyway, I'm just waiting for Aizen to come back.
Old 2012-05-23, 16:31   Link #18
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post

Anyway, I'm just waiting for Aizen to come back.
LOL. Looks like with the number of people expecting Aizen to come back Kubo has no other option than to bring him back. Also we don't his bankai as well.
I assume it will a Tsukiomi style ability
Old 2012-05-23, 16:39   Link #19
Alchemist007
*Author

It's just lame that the same old "my power level is higher so my trick outdoes your trick no matter what" thing was used again. Ichigo is too stupid to even use the hollow mask in his surprise attack. Didn't learn a thing from the fight against Aizen.
Old 2012-05-23, 17:00   Link #20
haegar
mangaviking

you know what would be a kinda cool troll? Aizen returns. Some time after that he goes bankai. Aizen "saying" "bankai" is the last panel of the manga, we shall never know just how hax it is