AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-16, 07:22   Link #61
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emballage View Post
I'm looking forward to more Saki episodes. Especially, because this will centered around Kiyosumi, just like the original series. However, I don't think there is enough manga material published. January 2014 is too soon. They will have to create some anime original episodes or stop mid-round and then do specials like the Achiga anime.
Subayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 07:59   Link #62
Sol Falling

No, the main story's quarterfinal's match is already finished (has been for quite a while), which is enough for a 12-13 episode season. The thing is that most manga readers had been expecting for them to wait until the semifinals (which are currently ongoing) to be finished so that we could have a 24-26 episode season. Airing in January pretty much completely rules that out, but (at least for a 1 cours season) having enough content isn't really a problem.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 08:20   Link #63
teja208
Critical fanboy

If they're really planning on adding fillers somewhere before and/or after quarterfinals, I hope it's a good one. One thing for certain is they can't come up with individual matches like they did first season which is scheduled after the final team tournament is over.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 08:27   Link #64
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
If they're really planning on adding fillers somewhere before and/or after quarterfinals, I hope it's a good one. One thing for certain is they can't come up with individual matches like they did first season which is scheduled after the final team tournament is over.
The individuals lasted only one episode in the anime, so it's not that big of a loss.

Also, thank goodness this is coming early. Maybe they'll do the same as in achiga and give us an animated finale to the semifinals before we see it in the manga.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 10:01   Link #65
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
No, the main story's quarterfinal's match is already finished (has been for quite a while), which is enough for a 12-13 episode season. The thing is that most manga readers had been expecting for them to wait until the semifinals (which are currently ongoing) to be finished so that we could have a 24-26 episode season. Airing in January pretty much completely rules that out, but (at least for a 1 cours season) having enough content isn't really a problem.
There is concern among manga readers that there may not be enough material for 1-cours anime if the series is limited to the quaterfinals. Unless, of course, they slow down the pace a lot, but that would be bad, I think. They will have to add anime original episodes or extend the main story until mid-round of semifinals.

Another possibility is that they start with the training camp pre-national tournament. In the manga, the training camp lasts longer and different events happen compared to what was shown in the original series. If they include that, maybe there is enough material.

EDIT: Ok, I checked and the quarterfinals last for about 30 chapters which being optimistic should be equivalent to around 10 episodes. If we add one introduction and one epilogue episode, it could probably be extended to 12 episodes. So yes, maybe there is enough material for 1-cour series, barely though.

Last edited by Subayai; 2013-10-16 at 12:44.
Old 2013-10-17, 08:58   Link #66
teja208
Critical fanboy

One more thing. Who here is hoping to get more WAI WAI this season?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 09:10   Link #67
liro
Super Driver

So how many years do i have to wait until the final match?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-10-17 at 15:24. Reason: removed image
liro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 12:46   Link #68
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
The individuals lasted only one episode in the anime, so it's not that big of a loss.

Also, thank goodness this is coming early. Maybe they'll do the same as in achiga and give us an animated finale to the semifinals before we see it in the manga.
i'm pretty sure it was 3 episodes for the individuals.

And I agree with Subayai that they might do the training camp before the tournament but I kinda feel its unlikely. Also holding out hope for the semi-finals to be animated sometime in 2014.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 13:12   Link #69
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by liro View Post
So how many years do i have to wait until the final match?
At least 2 years

After this one ended, the new Saki spin-off manga, Shinohayu the dawn of age, probably get animated before the final match. Well, even if they won't turn Shinohayu into anime, we still have to wait for Ritz to write the final match part.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-10-17 at 15:24.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 15:16   Link #70
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
i'm pretty sure it was 3 episodes for the individuals.

And I agree with Subayai that they might do the training camp before the tournament but I kinda feel its unlikely. Also holding out hope for the semi-finals to be animated sometime in 2014.
Oh, my bad then. It's been years since I watched that part.

The training camp would be a good way to fill some space, so it's definetly a possibility.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 15:03   Link #71
einhorn303

If they padded the season out with more back story of Miyamori and Hinematsu, I'd be fine with that.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 11:55   Link #72
Subayai

It has been announced the OP is called New SPARKS! and will be performed by Miyuki Hashimoto (who also did the 1st OP for the first series). I liked Glossy:MMM so I'm looking forward to listen to this new song.

Also, the cast and staff will be revealed starting the 18th of november.
Old 2013-11-13, 13:20   Link #73
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Well that is nice to hear. I do like all of the music used for the Saki series so far, but it'll be nice to hear Miyuki Hashimoto once more for the series.
Old 2013-11-13, 13:50   Link #74
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subayai View Post
It has been announced the OP is called New SPARKS! and will be performed by Miyuki Hashimoto (who also did the 1st OP for the first series). I liked Glossy:MMM so I'm looking forward to listen to this new song.

Isn't it obvious that the main staff and cast would be the same?
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 14:51   Link #75
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Would obviously also include the new staff, though. ^^
Old 2013-11-13, 15:32   Link #76
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
Well that is nice to hear. I do like all of the music used for the Saki series so far, but it'll be nice to hear Miyuki Hashimoto once more for the series.
I like all the music so far too. Actually, Saki is one of few series where I like all the openings and endings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
The main staff and cast should be the same yes, but there will be a lot of new characters and it's mostly knowing about the seiyuus for them.
Old 2013-11-13, 17:53   Link #77
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subayai View Post

Is ZAQ involved in the music composition? I like the ones she did in Achiga-hen, especially Futuristic Player.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 04:48   Link #78
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Is ZAQ involved in the music composition? I like the ones she did in Achiga-hen, especially Futuristic Player.
ZAQ is not involved with this song but it's still possible she is involved with one of the other songs. The singer for Futuristic Player was also Miyuki Hashimoto so at least there's that.

Full credits for the opening theme are:
Song: New SPARKS!
Performance: Miyuki Hashimoto
Lyrics: Aki Hata
Composition: fandelmale (Arte Refact)
Arrangement: Takuya Sakai (Arte Refact)
Arte Refact is a doujin group.
Old 2013-11-15, 00:14   Link #79
night_sentinel

Arte Refact?
Wait... didn't they do some of Touhou's music?
Lol.

If so, I'll probably have no complaint on Saki's BGM as usual. ^^
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 22:41   Link #80
Peanutbutter

Jindai VA is revealed!

Spoiler:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, sports, yuri