Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-26, 21:37   Link #6061
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Punch Samurai View Post
Before he lost everything that is......
Again, what is your point though? It hardly serves to counter my point so I'm confused why your quoted me and a specific part of what I said.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 21:43   Link #6062
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Again, what is your point though? It hardly serves to counter my point so I'm confused why your quoted me and a specific part of what I said.
Lelouch has now shown a penchant to willingly lie to protect those he cares for (especially Kallen) something he probably not of done for anyone other than Nunnally in season one. In short, Lelouch is now willing to sacrifice himself for others.
Fruit Punch Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 21:44   Link #6063
Var
Banned

Quote:
Lelouch has now shown a penchant to willingly lie to protect those he cares for (especially Kallen). In short, Lelouch is now willing to sacrifice himself for others.
So then... you agreed with me? I'm so confused. To many people are agreeing with me today, this is messing with my head and usual drive.
Old 2008-08-26, 21:47   Link #6064
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
So then... you agreed with me? I'm so confused. To many people are agreeing with me today, this is messing with my head and usual drive.
Yes, yes I do, sorry I guess I wasn't wording it correctly >_< since you do make alot of valid points, but I digress.....I wonder what upcoming battles awaits Kallen at this point and who will actually stand a chance?
Fruit Punch Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 21:48   Link #6065
Hasaki
Lelouch x CC

Send a message via AIM to Hasaki Send a message via MSN to Hasaki
Quote:
Yes, yes I do, sorry I guess I wasn't wording it correctly >_< since you do make alot of valid points, but I digress.....I wonder what upcoming battles awaits Kallen at this point and who will actually stand a chance?
mm, Kallen is going to nuke herself on accident.
Hasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 21:49   Link #6066
Stretch5920

Giving Kallen such an overpowered mech kind of kills the enjoyment of waiting for her next fight. Other than Suzaku in the Albion everyone else seems like they have no chance.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 21:50   Link #6067
Var
Banned

Quote:
This season has had very little focus on Kallen as the pilot, to be honest, so I would not be surprised if her next fight(s) are not inside a KMF. Season 1 she was the ace pilot and she'd be in the Guren at every turn of the plot. This season she's only been in her mech three times at any point of relevance, two of those times were to just show off the mech getting upgraded, and the third was based on her general role in the plot this season.

Come the end, she will certainly be in the Guren, but that's not for a while. As it stands, I do not see her piloting again until she's confronted Lelouch again.
Old 2008-08-26, 21:50   Link #6068
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
He would not have been so considerate if there was just some random mook in the way. Lelouch does not care for the Black Knights. He's very particular in who he cares about. Kallen is one of them.
Well, Kallen did get a mention from Lelouch in just about every preview since her capture. If not in the regular preview it was in the extended. I remember the extended preview for episode 18. He hollered out that he would save Nunnally and Kallen. I'm not good at Japanese, but it sounds like he says something separate about Nunnally then Kallen. It does sound like he says he will save Kallen. This is when he thought Suzaku betrayed him and he sounds PISSED.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgXboQtypg
Feel free to explain further what he's saying at the end if you can.
Old 2008-08-26, 21:52   Link #6069
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Well, Kallen did get a mention from Lelouch in just about every preview since her capture. If not in the regular preview it was in the extended. I remember the extended preview for episode 18. He hollered out that he would save Nunnally and Kallen. I'm not good at Japanese, but it sounds like he says something separate about Nunnally then Kallen. It does sound like he says he will save Kallen. This is when he thought Suzaku betrayed him and he sounds PISSED.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgXboQtypg
Feel free to explain further what he's saying at the end if you can.
"I must save Kallen."
Old 2008-08-26, 21:54   Link #6070
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
"I must save Kallen."
Thanks.
Wow, that's a stronger statement then I would of thought. Judging how angry he sounds during that line. He wants her back and bad.
Old 2008-08-26, 21:55   Link #6071
Var
Banned

Quote:
Thanks.
Wow, that's a stronger statement then I would of thought. Judging how angry he sounds during that line. He wants her back and bad.
Seeing as how she's the only person left that he can possibly have left by his side at that point in time, its hardly a surprise. The man is all alone.
Old 2008-08-26, 21:57   Link #6072
Stretch5920

Making a big deal out of nothing imo. She's his friend and a useful tool, why wouldn't he save her?
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 21:58   Link #6073
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Seeing as how she's the only person left that he can possibly have left by his side at that point in time, its hardly a surprise. The man is all alone.
You mean besides the giant army and the whole UFN behind him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Making a big deal out of nothing imo. She's his friend and a useful tool, why wouldn't he save her?
Because the tone in his voice sounds more angry and determined then when he's talking about Nunnally.
Old 2008-08-26, 21:59   Link #6074
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
What use is a tool to a dead man? He saved her because he cares about her, and Lelouch does not care about most people.
Old 2008-08-26, 22:00   Link #6075
Var
Banned

Quote:
You mean besides the giant army and the whole UFN behind him?
By his side as an equal and confidant is vastly different from an army from which he hides himself behind a mask. Lelouch is hopelessly dependant on the kindness of others, even if he tries to shun them.
Old 2008-08-26, 22:02   Link #6076
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:

Suzaku: I shall pour into this sword Lelouch's and Nunnally's despair too.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 22:03   Link #6077
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
By his side as an equal and confidant is vastly different from an army from which he hides himself behind a mask. Lelouch is hopelessly dependant on the kindness of others, even if he tries to shun them.
At the time he didn't know they would betray the way they did. he also didn't know that they would of upgraded the Guren the way they did into a super power house.
He was still reeling from anger over betrayal, but she was still on his mind. She got a mention in just about all the previews.
Old 2008-08-26, 22:03   Link #6078
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
What use is a tool to a dead man? He saved her because he cares about her, and Lelouch does not care about most people.
Does anyone else find it ironic that Lelouch, who hates social injustice and wants to create a world where people are equal, has very few persons that he actually cares about and gets along with?
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 22:05   Link #6079
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Does anyone else find it ironic that Lelouch, who hates social injustice and wants to create a world where people are equal, has very few persons that he actually cares about and gets along with?
That's usually the fate of heroes of revolutions.

Quote:
At the time he didn't know they would betray the way they did. he also didn't know that they would of upgraded the Guren the way they did into a super power house.
He was still reeling from anger over betrayal, but she was still on his mind. She got a mention in just about all the previews.
I'm not disagreeing with you, if anything my point was furthering what you said. It is his personal connection to Kallen not her value on the field.
Old 2008-08-26, 22:05   Link #6080
Hasaki
Lelouch x CC

Send a message via AIM to Hasaki Send a message via MSN to Hasaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I differ with a lot of the posters in the thread, in the sense that I think Lelouch likes a lot of people. He liked all of his friends at Ashford. People keep playing Lelouch as the "likes no one" kind of guy, but its not true. He simply doesn't mix business with pleasure.
Hasaki is offline   Reply With Quote