AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-06-07, 14:33   Link #1
aliensquare

Korean Fansub Group

Starting with the new summer 2004, I want to create a fansub group that subtitles for the koreans out there in the world of torrents!

if this fansub group is indeed wanted by lots of koreans who wants to watch anime with korean subtitles, then this fansub group will be created after recruiting.

post if you have the abilities to share for this project.
also post if you would like to see anime in korean subtitles.

Add: We can sub our own Korean anime into English of course! We must help spread the new era of rising Korean anime. ^^

Last edited by aliensquare; 2004-06-07 at 19:14.
aliensquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 16:26   Link #2
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Question...

I'm Korean, so I have no problem reading Korean subtitles, but I was wondering, are you mostly planning on doing the subtitles in Korean only, or also subbing Korean anime out there. I'm sure there's quite a few Korean-made anime titles I've heard about that are excellent (ex. Wonderful Days). It's pretty unique and I've been interested in seeing what kind of stuff will be released in that department. If thats a route you may be interested in, give me a holler, I'd be happy to help.
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 16:56   Link #3
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
The Korean fansub scene is alive and thriving. It's probably the second most active scene after english language. And unlike SOME foreign-language fansubs, they actually translate directly from the japanese and not from the english subs :P

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 23:59   Link #4
jennwenn

How about subbing some Korean titles in English like you suggested? ^_~ I've got a HUGE list of stuff I've always wanted to see without having to bug my family/friends to explain it to me:

Goindol - about cavemen, satire on sex and male/female relations

Lee Seong-Gang animation shorts - there may not be any dialogue, I'm not sure. These are shorts from the man behind My Beautiful Girl Mari. I'm going to buy the DVD whether I understand it or not, I adore his stuff. :P

Blue Seagull - First mature Korean animation, looks City Hunter-ish.

Robot TaeKwon V - Classic Korean robot show.

Solitude of Warrior - well, maybe that's not the name but whatever this is. Its from the same studio that did Oseam and White Heart Baekgu.

Hip Hop Monkey Go West - Flash animation meant for cell phones, but still looks soooo cool. From the infamous Dr. Movie of Wonderful Days.

Woman Woman Woman - This looks kinda like Ebichu but less crazy and no talking hamster, in that its comedic adult animation meant for women and men, according to the site. From the studio that did Bastof Lemon, out now from ADV. Doesn't look ANYTHING like that skateboard show.

Dinga - Absolutely adorable 3D animation series about a cat and a dog. Link!. This is even popular in Japan. Come to think of it, this may be Japanese....Whatever. I want!

Hong Gil-Dong - The original and sequel. I think this was the first Korean animated feature film...

Bori & Zzagu - About a young girl that is blind and her (imaginary?) dog. The site is here at Seoul Movie. Just about anything this studio has done looks at least mildly interesting to me.

Legend of Blue - Same studio and link as above. This is for an older age range (uh 10-18? That's a wide range...) and is a spy action thriller with some pretty hot character designs.

Tales of Greenery- OMG! They are animating Slvanian Families! AHHHHH!!! That is so cute! If you don't know what I am talking about, they are the most adorable little dolls/figurines of various anthropomorphic mammals. They are huge in Europe and Japan. This is a puppet animation series that is in production. I'm TOTALLY buying this whenever its out.

Odette and Bootoo - Not out yet, but the trailer looks great. About a dreamland, ballet (?), and a spoiled princess. Here's the trailer. Also from Dr. Movie.

I didn't list stuff that is already out on Region 3 DVD with English subtitles, as I figure we can buy the DVDs. Anyway, as you can see I've done some research and I've wanted to see this stuff pretty badly! If I, with my total lack of language skills, can help just let me know.

I bet an actual Korean would be more familiar with Korean animation titles that would appeal to an English fansub crowd. Any other ideas?
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 21:34   Link #5
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

Hum, I'm actually part Korean. I can't read or speak the language. I'd move to Korea if I could. I've been wanting to learn the language, but I'd really only want to move to Korea if I mastered the language and they started making some sweet sport cars or imported Japanese ones (I saw like two of them while I was there for a month). I'd figured maybe watching some Korean cartoons fansubbed to English would help me learn...maybe.
IntrepidAKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 10:16   Link #6
Kage Bunshin
Merely a shadow...

I'm very new to the anime scene.
I started off with naruto a few months back.

Anyone know where to get naruto subbed in korean? and available for direct download?

thanks!
Kage Bunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 16:56   Link #7
Hiou

Hey... well There are alot of people already subbing in Korean. Korean subs are out way before any english group. If you still want to do it, leave some contact info, and we will talk.

[KR-LOVE] is doing Naruto, they are on 86. but only torrents. as far as I know.
Hiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 21:54   Link #8
aliensquare

this is great news!
Does KRLOVE focus on subtitling movies in both korean to english and vice versa?
i've never heard of KRLOVE. is it a new group?
How long has it been active?
do you have a website? irc channel?

some of us would like to take part in it.^^
Old 2004-06-10, 22:52   Link #9
Hiou

I have only seen Naruto, But I know of places that sub Jpn- Korean, but not on IRC... like I said leave an e-mail or something. Cause I dont think it is a public channel.
Old 2004-06-11, 02:53   Link #10
aliensquare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiou
I have only seen Naruto, But I know of places that sub Jpn- Korean, but not on IRC... like I said leave an e-mail or something. Cause I dont think it is a public channel.
are you in that group?
well, my email is philsturr@hotmail.com
Old 2004-06-12, 00:38   Link #11
Kage Bunshin
Merely a shadow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiou
Hey... well There are alot of people already subbing in Korean. Korean subs are out way before any english group. If you still want to do it, leave some contact info, and we will talk.

[KR-LOVE] is doing Naruto, they are on 86. but only torrents. as far as I know.
Hey Hiou, could you give me a link via PM please?
Thanks alot!
Old 2004-06-12, 05:34   Link #12
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
I also would love to see some korean anime - subbed in english.
weyoun6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 21:34   Link #13
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
If you need help, pm me (I can edit, QC and translate from korean to english). Yes, I can read korean fine, but that, we can discuss later. I'm bored out of my mind anyway.
Old 2004-06-13, 23:51   Link #14
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl822
If you need help, pm me (I can edit, QC and translate from korean to english). Yes, I can read korean fine, but that, we can discuss later. I'm bored out of my mind anyway.
Bored? I thought you had scripts to edit...

tsk tsk

hum......

ha....ha.....ha.......
ChoBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 00:03   Link #15
tofudealer
Nothing but...KIMCHI!

Send a message via AIM to tofudealer
new here in Anime Suki
hey i am interested in helping out also....
korean is no problem so give me a shout!
tofudealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 21:32   Link #16
kpjoon

Does anybody have a link to KR-LOVE's site or torrents? I want to watch anime in Korean subtitles. I'm reading Naruto and One Piece in Korean right now so yeah....
kpjoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 05:57   Link #17
Kage Bunshin
Merely a shadow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpjoon
Does anybody have a link to KR-LOVE's site or torrents? I want to watch anime in Korean subtitles. I'm reading Naruto and One Piece in Korean right now so yeah....
i want the link to the site too!
please PM me!
Old 2004-07-09, 22:54   Link #18
san-tokie
^___^

Red face

Hello, I am also interested in this. Can anyone provide more information, possibly a channel for irc? Any help would be much appreciated! Bump ^^
san-tokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 00:34   Link #19
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Since nobody is doing anything, me and another person is thinking of making a group that subs korean animation. Actually, we're talking about it right now and deciding roles and whatnot, so if you're interested, you can pm me, e-mail me, or whatever since my info's everywhere anyway. Hope to hear from you guys soon~
Old 2004-07-11, 01:34   Link #20
Hiou

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl822
Since nobody is doing anything, me and another person is thinking of making a group that subs korean animation. Actually, we're talking about it right now and deciding roles and whatnot, so if you're interested, you can pm me, e-mail me, or whatever since my info's everywhere anyway. Hope to hear from you guys soon~
I have access to all Korean Subs, if you guys are serious. e-mail me.
Xpress311@hotmail.com