AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-02, 02:50   Link #21
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm enjoying this show so much I can almost forgive Erika for being a Christiano Ronaldo fan...

I'm enjoying the action here, as it's pretty realistic compared to most sports shounen. Smaller teams have always relied on the constant passing, possession style to beat larger opponents - something the Japanese national teams know intimately well. It's probably realistic that with the Trips and 3U the kids beat the middle school team, and maybe even Cosmos. But it did begin to stretch credulity when they beat Girasol, too. But I can easily forgive that with a show this fun.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 19:48   Link #22
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I dunno, making random drunkard in the park as your coach seems like a very bad idea.

I didn't mind it so much though, as its been hinted even at his first appearance in the show that he has the skills to do so. Heck, now I'm intrigued how they're going to convince him to join.

Onwards to the next episode!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 16:40   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

04 was another winner - this series continues to be ridiculously fun and surprisingly well-made. Rikiya Kouyama as the coach is a great addition to the cast.
Old 2012-05-11, 04:49   Link #24
Kitsu Breaker

Lol, Cristiano Ronaldo reference!
I am glad this have it own threa, now weed need for Jewelped Koro Dica who know have subs

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 07:51   Link #25
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

You should rename your handle to K-k-k-k-k-k-kombo Breaker.

But seriously, glad to see another person still posting in this thread. I thought it will be just me and Enzo all the way.

Old 2012-05-11, 11:06   Link #26
ditn

im still here too

Last edited by ditn; 2012-05-11 at 11:23.
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 14:23   Link #27
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Hey I'm here too though I don't have much to say right now apart from how I'm enjoying this so far and look forward to seeing how they're gonna convice the guy to coach them.
Old 2012-05-11, 16:58   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Hey I'm here too though I don't have much to say right now apart from how I'm enjoying this so far and look forward to seeing how they're gonna convice the guy to coach them.
Shou will, as usual, sink his teeth into Masaru-san's ankle and refuse to let go until he agrees to his demands.

And BTW, not only am I following this show, I'm blogging it! I have no illusions it'll ever be popular in the English-language fandom but I'm doing my part to evangelize.
Old 2012-05-11, 23:20   Link #29
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wow, didn't realize I'd almost be literally correct about the ankle-biting.

Episode 5 was actually the best one yet, amazingly enough. So much great stuff there - full of humor and martial spirit, like Major S1. Also - that moment when Masaru killed Kota's shot with the sole of his foot, teed it up and blasted the "Lightning Light" may have been the most natural-looking soccer sequence I've seen in anime.
Old 2012-05-12, 01:47   Link #30
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

What I'm wondering though is how Kyouko met Masaru. It's just kinda odd that they started going out after Masaru quit soccer, when I imagine Masaru having quite a girl fanbase like that Ronaldo guy. Need more episodes!

Old 2012-05-12, 01:54   Link #31
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I kinda doubt 2nd-division footballers in Japan have groupies.
Old 2012-05-12, 15:44   Link #32
Kazu-kun

Watched episode 6. This series is getting better and better.
Old 2012-05-13, 15:54   Link #33
ditn

just watched episode five,looks like they have a trainer now
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 17:23   Link #34
Kitsu Breaker

The opening show Yamada going to have that Character Development

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 14:41   Link #35
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

I'm not a soccer fan, never watched it on TV, only been to a few games played by pre-teen kids, so I know nearly zippo about the game. Nonetheless, I am thoroughly enjoying this anime. Shou's enthusiasm and persistence is great, and it certainly seems to be rubbing off on all the other players, as well as their new coach.

Although I have not watched any other soccer-based animes yet, I have watched several other sports-based animes (Cross Game, Big Windup, Taishou Yakyuu Musume, to name a few), and I find this anime every bit as enjoyable.

Spoiler for episode 6:

I know that the minimum is eleven players, but how many players would a team like this usually have? Wouldn't they want to recruit more than the bare minimum? I know for the upcoming matches they had to get eleven, but why stop there (other than nobody else wanting to join)?
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 15:18   Link #36
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, as long as they don't pull an Area no Kishi and have her lose that much weight within 2 weeks, and then GAIN it back in that time frame, I have no complaints.

What I'm more interested is the two who just appeared in the last moments of the show. Blondie is shown to wear the same uniform as them in the OP, but I know for a fact that he's currently in another team. So how's he gonna end up with them?

Old 2012-05-15, 16:51   Link #37
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well, as long as they don't pull an Area no Kishi and have her lose that much weight within 2 weeks, and then GAIN it back in that time frame, I have no complaints.

What I'm more interested is the two who just appeared in the last moments of the show. Blondie is shown to wear the same uniform as them in the OP, but I know for a fact that he's currently in another team. So how's he gonna end up with them?
I personally know that it's possible to lose about fifty pounds in about a month's time, but two weeks? That would be a near-death experience (actually, taking a month to lose the weight was a near-death experience for me). I think you'd have to go from eating almost nothing to eating nothing. An obese friend of mine went on a doctor-supervised 'water diet' for a month and didn't even lose that much weight. I am very interested to see how the studio will handle this. Of course, they might just tell us she's gone on a diet and, poof, she's lost all the weight in 14 days or two episodes later, whichever comes first.

Was blondie introduced before? I don't remember (and don't want to go back and watch the previous five episodes). Couldn't he end up joining like the other fifth-grade recruits they got in this episode?

As far as the OP goes, only eight team members are shown, one of which is blondie, and the guy in the yellow jersey (the goalie?) who I don't recognize. Have we seen him before?
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 20:46   Link #38
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Was blondie introduced before? I don't remember (and don't want to go back and watch the previous five episodes). Couldn't he end up joining like the other fifth-grade recruits they got in this episode?
They show him in the first episode, though I don't think he shows up again in any of the intervening episodes.
Old 2012-05-17, 01:59   Link #39
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"Blondie" is Takuto Aoto Gonzalez (I'm sure there's a story to that name) and one way or another he's certainly going to end up a Marauder. The big kid is Kageura - he was the one who recognized Shou at the end of the matches with Tokyo Roses and their farm teams. I don't see him ending up with Shou's team, but who knows.
Old 2012-05-21, 02:26   Link #40
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Reika is adorable.Even if she's going into a diet looks like things aren't going to be changing overnight.Wonder if those piano recitals are going to catch up with her at some point.

Tags
school life, shounen, sports