AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-07-12, 00:53   Link #41
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
k well i've beaten the game but i have questions

Spoiler:

Spoiler for answers:
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 16:00   Link #42
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragicsmile
Spoiler for answers:

Spoiler:
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 16:00   Link #43
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Well, thanks to expert salesman AvatarST mine finally arrived today (along with Hourglass and Phantom, but those can wait). So, is there any particular order for the routes that seems to work best, or should I just go based on who I feel like?

I've really got my hopes up about this one Hope it doesn't disappoint...
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 16:02   Link #44
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare
Spoiler:
i personally enjoyed doing it in this order

takeshi -> first tsugumi, then sora

then

kid -> you, then sara
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 21:33   Link #45
Jinx626
Yo!!

Great game just finished it today myself....The game pretty much ended very neatly and i am completely satisfied.

Spoiler:

This game is definitely worth the money that i spent. Would definitely recommend.
Old 2006-07-12, 22:59   Link #46
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
Well, thanks to expert salesman AvatarST mine finally arrived today (along with Hourglass and Phantom, but those can wait). So, is there any particular order for the routes that seems to work best, or should I just go based on who I feel like?

I've really got my hopes up about this one Hope it doesn't disappoint...
You should play Takeshi's paths first. Tsugumi, then Sora. Start with Kid later, playing You then Sara, and finally Coco. That's the best possible order since it reveals the plot in the best possible way and will keep you guessing and making theories, and will surely keep you hooked too. There's a flowchart you can use at Hirameki's website, if you need a more precise link, ask me.

Edit: Also, read the manual and the character descriptions. There's some interesting information there too.
Old 2006-07-20, 01:28   Link #47
Idle Eve
Tip of the Brink.

Send a message via AIM to Idle Eve Send a message via MSN to Idle Eve
Hmm. I played Ever17 in this order:

You (I wanted to get Tsugumi, but I didn't know you couldn't if you are Kid), Tsugumi,
Sara, Sora, Coco ---> Cry.

I didn't want to go through completely as one character because I felt it was better to "forget" some dialogue and then read it again so that I would have a better impression. Awkward, I know, but by going Kid, Takeshi, Kid, Takeshi, I felt that I could better connect parts where as if I went straight through with one character, I fear that I might forget some lovely details.

Anyhow, it was a superb game. Since I aspire to be a writer, I hope to one day be on par with such a complex and profound storyline. I'm still a little shaken up though. I haven't been this impressed for quite a while... Wow. I think I'll take a new liking to sci-fi/mystery/thrillers.

Anyway, concerning the writing of this novel, I believe the pros are:

Powerful dialogue: Yes, I know. It is a visual novel and any veteran would know that dialogue is a hefty part of the genre, but I felt especially entranced by the words said and done. By putting myself into the main characters shoes and thinking how I would act in their situation, I'm appauled at myself to say... I honestly don't know. This especially the case in the Tsugumi arc... Honestly, how do you make someone want to live? Also, on a side note, the dialogue left me envious. I was constantly jotting down notes on how to improve myself. To put it simply, reading Ever17 was both a glorious adventure and an educational experience.

Storyline: I'm under a firm impression that sci-fi's are supposed to be written this way. A good writer will leave you in awe and impressed. A great writer would influence you, your life, and your thinking. So, which one do you think applied to me?... The latter.

Now, are there cons? I think there were some, but it didn't detract too much from the game.

Images/backgrounds: Well, it is a theme park... (sorta), so I expected some more livelier attractions or at least more colorful rooms. It didn't necessarily bother me since I was too engrossed in the writing to honestly care, but it still is a minor problem.

Music: I can't really say that the music is necessarily memorable. It did however spark the right emotion at the right time. Perfect. It did a great job, but I wouldn't go buying the CD of Ever17...unless it had a Tsugumi plushie attached to it or something.

Writing Style: Woooo. This is a hard one for me to comment on. Grammar mistakes aside, I'm not much of a modern-style writer (since I occupy myself with myths and classics) and so reading this was something new to me. No minus points here or plus points because I honestly don't have much to relate this to.

Overall? What can I say? It's a great game. Not perfect, but honestly, is there a perfect game? No and so after saying that, it shouldn't come as a surprise if I do claim Ever17 to be my favorite if not one of my favorite games.

8.3/10

P.S.
I do have some question. I might ask them later, would that be alright?
Idle Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 01:02   Link #48
Varion
殲滅天使

Finally finished reading it about an hour ago, after many an interruption, and I'd have to say I'm satisfied. It wasn't quite as good as many have made it out to be, but I regret neither the money I spent on it nor the time it took to finish. The characters were, on the whole, a likable bunch and the soundtrack varied between 'tolerable' and great (particularly liked LeMU, the song from opening movie, the piano themes and a few others that have spoilery titles... heh.

So, the scenarios then, in the order I read them through:
Spoiler for the whole thing:

Do I recommend it? Sure. In many ways the journey itself was more than worthy of a recommendation, and some of the endings act as more lasting proof to the old theory that it's the tragic endings that stick with you for the longest.
Old 2006-07-27, 03:21   Link #49
Sakuya
*Artist

Is Ever17 the same as Ever 17 -out of infinity-? I'm a bit confused.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 09:41   Link #50
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Is Ever17 the same as Ever 17 -out of infinity-? I'm a bit confused.
Yup, that it is.
Old 2006-07-27, 22:11   Link #51
Sakuya
*Artist

If you go from one person to another learning more about the problem as you go along, and when you come to a bad ending, it would be "Game Over" right? So you'd have to start all over?

And how would you know if you have truly completed the game and truly know the whole plot and conclusion when you merely go from one person to another with no indication of how much of the game you have completed?
Old 2006-07-28, 00:35   Link #52
rale

Quote:
If you go from one person to another learning more about the problem as you go along, and when you come to a bad ending, it would be "Game Over" right? So you'd have to start all over?

And how would you know if you have truly completed the game and truly know the whole plot and conclusion when you merely go from one person to another with no indication of how much of the game you have completed?
Well, you could use a walkthrough, thats the easiest way to get all the scenes and endings in the best order.

Theres also an option to list completed endings, scenes, cgs, etc in the special/omake menu.

Plus, in ever 17, it's pretty obvious when you get the final completed ending.
rale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 10:38   Link #53
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:

Not really. There are 11 different endings including 'bad' ones, and only when you get one of those does the game finish. You can save anywhere, and skip through any text you've previously read really quickly. Think of it like a book where you'd just have to find a specific point and start reading from it again.

You'll know when you've completed it. You do the 4 main paths (with or without a guide, but I recommend with), then move on to Coco's, which gives away pretty much everything. You're then 'done', basically, and won't feel any doubts about that. As for not knowing how much you've completed, you do, there's a whole section in the extras for that with the scenes you've done, paths you've done, endings you've got, CGs you've seen (and blank spaces for the ones you haven't).
Old 2006-07-28, 15:50   Link #54
Sakuya
*Artist

Interesting. I can only play with the trial for now.

Last edited by Sakuya; 2006-07-29 at 17:36.
Old 2006-08-08, 10:52   Link #55
wide12

I solved myself the question. But

SPOILER ABOUT THE END OF ALL
Spoiler:

Well, i am sure that the text will be full of mistakes, but english is not my native language, sorry about that :P

Last edited by wide12; 2006-08-08 at 13:37.
wide12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 08:13   Link #56
endofuniverse
hmmmm...

Finally managed to finish the game aswell, final revelations in Coco's ending were beyond ridiculous but I guess it all fit with what happened before. Ok game overall, but kinda lacked emotional impact, didn't care about any of the characters that much either.
endofuniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 18:19   Link #57
Marwin

Just finished it for the first time, great game, one of my favourites. But, does anyone know where to find a guide or walkthrough that doesn't require any proof of purcase? (The link in a previous post said you have to submit a password or code or something)
Marwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 01:02   Link #58
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
the proof of purchase is the upc on the box
that is if you have the box

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
uLTraCarL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 06:30   Link #59
shadowplay
passive observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwin
Just finished it for the first time, great game, one of my favourites. But, does anyone know where to find a guide or walkthrough that doesn't require any proof of purcase? (The link in a previous post said you have to submit a password or code or something)
You have english walkthrough at gamefaqs
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...me/931349.html
http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/ever17.txt
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 08:29   Link #60
Marwin

I found a walkthrough five minutes after I posted it, but thanks anyway. I did realize where on the box the code was but I haven't really purchased the game as such and therefore do not posses the mentioned box. If I had a lot of money I would probably by these games, but I don't have a lot of money so I simply download them.
Marwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
visual novel