AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-23, 13:44   Link #961
Woland
Latin Rascal

Mokke? Good stuff! I love the manga (at least the few chapter published in Italy).

Now I hope for a good quality show, an art style similar to "Mushishi" or "Asatte no Houkou" would be great ^_^.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 14:45   Link #962
NeoSam

Wow great news another Afternoon manga getting animated

==========

もっけ
Mokke

Serialized in the seinen manga magazine Afternoon.
For now there are 6 volumes released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

Genre: Seinen, Drama, Fantasy, Mystery

==========

I'll mention some of the manga from Afternoon that got animated:

Ah My Goddess!
Genshiken
Gunsmith Cats
Mushishi
Nasu
Narutaru (Shadow Star)
Shadow Skill
Tokko
Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko
You're Under Arrest
Yugo
Yume Tsukai

Well, this is all that I can think of right now >.< are there anything that I missed ?
Old 2006-11-23, 14:48   Link #963
barbapapa
chochopolice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post

Ah My Goddess!
Genshiken
Gunsmith Cats
Mushishi
Nasu
Narutaru (Shadow Star)
Shadow Skill
Tokko
Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko
You're Under Arrest
Yugo
Yume Tsukai

Well, this is all that I can think of right now >.< are there anything that I missed ?
Blame! had an OVA too. That's about all I can think of, from the top of my head.
Old 2006-11-23, 15:10   Link #964
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post

Ah My Goddess!
Genshiken
Gunsmith Cats
Mushishi
Nasu
Narutaru (Shadow Star)
Shadow Skill
Tokko
Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko
You're Under Arrest
Yugo
Yume Tsukai

DAMN! When I glanced at this post the first word I saw was "Narutaru".... I thought it was getting a MUCH NEEDED second season!

Last edited by Scribble; 2006-11-23 at 22:19.
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 15:16   Link #965
NeoSam

Ahh yeah, Blame! had an anime too >.< 6 episodes of about 5 minutes each since its been a while since the manga ended, it would probably be futile to hope for a real anime adaptation of this manga
Old 2006-11-23, 19:25   Link #966
NeoSam

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Big Names On New 2007 Toei Animation Works
Among Toei Animation's upcoming projects for 2007 are Tori No Uta (Bird's Song), A day of a girl @TYO and Eko Eko Azaraku. For Tori No Uta Yoshitaka Amano will create the script, storyboards as well as direct. Eko Eko Azaraku is of course based on the seminal horror manga by Shinichi Koga. The story was adapted to live action film in 1995. Koga will return to draft a scrip and storyboards for this new version, Directing will be Nagae Toshikazu (Ghost System). Look for the above 2 works in January. Due in March A day of a girl @TYO will be based on the original story by Hayashi Seiichi. Mikimoto Haruhiko (Macross) will do storyboards and character designs. Toei has partnered with ga-anime to produce these works with a new animation style in mind.
ga-anime's Tori no Uta site:
http://www.ganime.jp/torinouta/index.html

A little info about Eko Eko Azaraku manga:

エコエコアザラク
Eko Eko Azaraku
http://www.ganime.jp/ecoeco/index.html

Based on a manga thats serialized in the shounen manga magazine Weekly Shounen Champion.
The manga got serialized in Weekly Shounen Champion from 1976 to 1979, and ended with 19 volumes.

Well, don't ask me to post the covers >.< it will be really hard to find the covers anyway >.<

Here are the covers of the first 2 volumes: (which is all I could find )

Genre: Shounen, Horror

Wow the art style of an old shounen manga >.<

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-11-23 at 19:35.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 19:50   Link #967
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've been interested in Mokke for a while now, hopefully the anime can kick start my love for the series. I can just imagine the musical score now. :3
Old 2006-11-23, 20:43   Link #968
barbapapa
chochopolice

Kamichu comes to mind when I see those Mokke covers, and read what its about.
Old 2006-11-24, 04:00   Link #969
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
there's a possibility for a second season of Suzumiya Haruhi and a second season of Zero no Tsukaima next year
even though it is a rumor, reading it just made my day. these two series was probbly the best this whole year ^.^
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 05:09   Link #970
eggplant
Eggplant

According to MOONPHASE:

一騎当千〜Dragon Destiny〜
Ikki Tousen ~Dragon Destiny~

Broadcast: February 2007
Station: AT-X (also on terrestrial stations from Spring)

Remake(?) of the 2003 anime series Ikki Tousen, based on the manga by Shiozaki Yuuji, serialized in the montly ComicGUM magazine, of which nine tankoubon manga have been released (once again, would appreciate if NeoSam can post covers).

Staff
Director: Oohata Kouichi (Bakuretsu Tenshi Burst Angel)
Script: Yoshioka Takao (DEARBOYS, Ikki Tousen MEZZO, Elfen Lied, DearS, MAJOR 2nd Season, Yoshinaga-san 'Chi no Gargoyle, Zero no Tsukaima)
Character Design/Key Animation Director: Rinshin (Joshikousei -Girl's High-)
Animation Studio: Arms
Producer: Genco

Cast
Sonsaku Hakufu: Asano Masumi
Romou Shimei: kaida Yuuko
Ryuubi Gentoku: Shindou Kei
Kan'u Unchou: Nabatame Hitomi
Chouhi Ekitoku: Chihara Minori
Shokatsu Ryou Koumei: Kadowaki Mai
Kakouen Myousai: Kitamura Eri
Kaku Bunwa: Kawaragi Shiho
Chouun Shiryuu: Asakawa Yuu
Go Ei: Inoue Kikuko
Sousou Moutoku: Akagi Susumu
Kakuka Jun Genjou: Sakaguchi Shuuhei
Shuuyu Koukin: Hino Satoshi
Saji Genpou: Yusa Kouji
Raku Shuu: Iijima Hajime
Narration: Miyake Kenta

Official site (yet to be in operation) http://www.ikkitousen.com/

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Last edited by eggplant; 2006-11-24 at 08:31. Reason: Added cast and staff works, photo
eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 06:06   Link #971
Siegel Clyne

New Pretty Cure Series Logo?

Yes! Pretty Cure 5

==========

Popular Seiyuu Read Japanese Folktales

"Come Across" ~ DEARS Roudoku Monogatari Go ~ VOL.1 Nihon no Mukashibanashi ~ Tanaka Rie / Noto Mamiko / Wakamoto Norio (Aatisuto)
---
"Come Across" ~ DEARS Story Readings ~ VOL. 1 Japanese Folktales ~ Tanaka Rie / Noto Mamiko / Wakamoto Norio (Artists)

Release Date: February 9, 2007
Price: 3,000 yen (including tax)
Product Number: DEARS-0004
JAN Code: 4582260620045
Contents: 2-CD Set Containing*Six Stories

Seiyuu (Voice Actors) and Stories==========

Tanaka Rie aka Lacus Clyne Narrates Gundam SEED PSP Commercial

Tanaka Rie, Japanese voice actress (seiyuu) for Lacus Clyne and Meer Campbell in Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED DESTINY, serves as narrator for the Gundam SEED: Earth Alliance VS. Z.A.F.T. PORTABLE PSP game software (television/radio) commercial, which begins airing in Japan on March 9, 2007. She narrates the commercial in Lacus Clyne's voice.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-03-06 at 20:32 [PST].

CONSERVATIVE HYPOCRISY ON FREEDOM AND LIBERTY

I have signed petitions against nationalized health care and Cap & Trade. I agree with conservatives and Republicans on these two issues.

But as long as many of them lie about believing in the Martin Luther King Jr. quote about people not being "judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character," as a registered Independent voter I cannot in good conscience ever choose to become a conservative or join the Republican Party.

Numerous conservative and Republican bloggers, commentators, and whatnot, from Thomas Sowell to Daniel Pipes, have endorsed the book "In Defense of Internment" by Michelle Malkin, which attempts to justify the mass racial/ethnic exclusion, evacuation, and incarceration of Japanese Americans in the United States during World War II.

Malkin's book has been systematically disected, dismantled, and ripped apart by University of North Carolina law professor Eric Muller and University of Quebec history professor Greg Robinson:

http://www.isthatlegal.org/Muller_an...on_Malkin.html

That so many conservatives and Republicans who are/were people of color - such as African American Thomas Sowell, Filipina American Michelle Malkin nee Magdalang, African American Larry Elder (a Libertarian), the late Canadian-born Japanese American S.I. Hayakawa, and a Mexican American conservative Republican journalist from Texas whose name currently escapes me - have been so eager to embrace, espouse, and defend the wholesale racial/ethnic discrimination by the U.S. government against Japanese Americans during World War II speaks volumes about how many non-white conservatives seemingly seek to "out right" white conservatives on issues concerning civil rights and civil liberties.

Hotair.com founder, Fox News commentator, and non-white journalist Michelle Malkin has written articles which have run on the "white nationalist" website VDARE.com, founded by English-born naturalized U.S. citizen and former Canadian resident Peter Brimelow.

VDARE.com gets its name from Virginia Dare (born August 18, 1587, date of death unknown), who was the first white child born in the Americas to English parents.

Brimelow believes in keeping white Europeans as the majority in the United States. Among other things, he advocates changing American immigration laws to favor white immigrants over non-white immigrants. Therefore, on this issue he is firmly in the camp of paleoconservative Patrick Buchanan.

A strident opponent of illegal immigration and a strong supporter of immigration reform, Michelle Malkin appears to sympathize with, if not share, Peter Brimelow's views.

Regardless what Brimelow, Buchanan and Malkin believe in, however, the United States will increasingly become a non-white/non-European nation - whether they like it or not.

At least Brimelow and Buchanan (and Malkin?) are open and honest that they favor whites over non-whites - unlike many other conservatives.

And this U.S. demographic trend does not bode well for conservatives and Republicans in the future, especially if they keep speaking like hypocrites on civil rights (e.g., preaching individual liberty but defending Japanese American internment) and harping too much on immigration, illegal and legal.

Why should people of color become conservatives and Republicans when, if push comes to shove, they are viewed and treated like second class citizens (or worse) and as threats to America by conservatives and Republicans?

If conservatives and the Republican Party want to continue slow, ritual, right wing suicide, then so be it. But it is a shame since liberals and the Democratic Party have become too far left wing today and are taking this country down the wrong path.

On this July 4th, 2009, while conservative Michelle Malkin trashes and smears Japanese Americans - many who served so bravely and loyally in the armed forces for the United States against Germany and Japan during World War II, including the 21 Japanese American World War II Medal of Honor recipients - let us remember conservatives like the late President Ronald Reagan, who signed into law the Japanese American Redress and Reparations bill (the Civil Liberties Act of 1988), and U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, who in his vigorous dissent on the 2000 partial birth abortion case (Stenbach v. Carhart) compared the 1944 Korematsu decision with the 1857 Dred Scott decision as the worst decisions in the history of the U.S. Supreme Court.

Select Bibliography

Michelle Malkin's "In Defense of Internment" by Thomas Sowell -- Capitalism Magazine

Address: http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=3941

Why the Japanese Internment Still Matters :: Daniel Pipes

Address: http://www.danielpipes.org/2309/why-...-still-matters

Hot Air

Address: http://hotair.com/

VDARE.com: Stop Them Stealing America! Donate To VDARE.COM!

Address: http://www.vdare.com/

Asian-Pacific Americans in the U.S. Army

Address: http://www.history.army.mil/html/topics/apam/index.html

Nisei [Second Generation Japanese American] Linguists and New Perspectives on the Pacific War

Address: http://www.history.army.mil/html/topics/apam/Nisei.htm

U.S. Army Asian-Pacific Medal of Honor Recipients

Address: http://www.history.army.mil/html/top...m/ap-moh2.html

YouTube - Medal Of Honor - Go For Broke National Education Center

Address: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m1JVjE2Ox0

STENBERG V. CARHART

Address: http://supct.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/99-830.ZD1.html

Korematsu v. United States@Everything2.com

Address: http://everything2.com/title/Koremat...ted%2520States

Antonin Scalia Korematsu - Google Search

Address: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...alia+Korematsu

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2009-07-06 at 11:43.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 06:32   Link #972
eggplant
Eggplant

Here goes another one.
Source: Big Comic Superior website

MOONLIGHT MILE

Broadcast: 2007
Station: WOWOW

Based on the manga by Ootagaki Yasuo, serialized in the Big Comic Superior magazine, from which 13 tankoubon manga volumes have been released.

Synopsis: Two men attemtped to climb Mt. Everest in the winter. One was Saruwatari Gorou, a Japanese, and the other was Jack F. Woodbridge, an American know as "Lostman".
The two, having succeeded in climbing the world's steepest mountains, gaze at the international space station above, which was the instant it became their next target.
In January 2005, mankind found new value for the moon, in the form of a natural resource Helium 3, a replacement for fossil fuels. The ample reserve was enough for a thousand years worth of energy for the entire mankind.
Concurrently, NASA announced the next generation energy development project "NEXUS", soliciting construction workers globally to work in space.
Accepting NASA's offer, Gorou heads off the NASDA as an astronaut-in-training.
At the same time, Lostman, who at the time was the ace of the U.S. Navy, was invited by NASA to pilot the shuttle, meets the crew of the ISS (International Space Station).

Last edited by eggplant; 2006-11-24 at 06:34. Reason: Added URL
Old 2006-11-24, 06:43   Link #973
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Here goes another one.
Source: Big Comic Superior website

MOONLIGHT MILE

Station: WOWOW

I've never heard of the manga, but Moonlight Mile sounds really promising. The obvious Planetes comparisons aside, the prospect of another space drama based on real science (Helium 3) has me very excited.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-11-24 at 06:55.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 09:45   Link #974
NeoSam

Wow an explosion of seinen manga getting animated >.<

Thanks for all the info eggplant
Thanks Siegel Clyne for the info about the Pretty Cure 5 anime

Three seinen manga getting animated: Ikki Tousen, MOONLIGHT MILE, MURDER PRINCESS.

Ahh there's 11 volumes currently released of Ikki Tousen manga.

==========

一騎当千~Dragon Destiny~
Ikki Tousen ~Dragon Destiny~

Broadcast: February 2007

http://www.ikkitousen.com/

Based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen manga magazine Comic Gum.
For now there are 11 volumes released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

Genre: Seinen, Action

==========

MOONLIGHT MILE

Based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen manga magazine Big Comic Superior.
For now there are 13 volumes released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

Genre: Seinen

==========

MURDER PRINCESS

http://www.murderprincess.com/

6 OVA episodes.
1st DVD is going on sale on 26/3/2007, and every month after that the next DVD is going on sale.

Based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen manga magazine Dengeki Teioh, but since Dengeki Teioh magazine got suspended, the manga is going to continue in the April 2007 issue of the seinen manga magazine Dengeki Daioh.
For now there's 1 volume released of this manga.
Here its cover:

Genre: Seinen, Fantasy, Action, Adventure

==========

Other seinen manga from Comic Gum that got animated:

Amaenaideyo!!
Mahoromatic
Tsukuyomi -Moon Phase-

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-11-24 at 10:13.
Old 2006-11-24, 09:53   Link #975
eggplant
Eggplant

ぼくらの
Bokurano

Based on the manga by Kitou Mohiro, serialized in the Monthly IKKI magazine, with five tankoubon manga releases to date.

Synopsis, courtesy of Anime News Network
Quote:
On a typical day during a summer vacation, a group of 15 children discovered a mysterious man living in a seashore cave, along with his high-tech gadgets. The man claimed to be a game developer creating a video game with 15 giant robots defending Earth from alien invaders and asked those childs to test the game for him. The kids agreed happily at first, but soon they began to find the game horrifying, not only because of its realism but also for the first fatality among them happened right after their first victory. Worse yet, they had no idea how to stop or leave the "game."
Director: Morita Hiroyuki (The Cat Returns)
Character Design: Konishi Kenichi (Doraemon Nobita no Kyouryuu 2006, Tokyo Godfathers)
Mechanical Supervisor: Suzuki Tsutomu (Z.O.E. Dolores, i, Hakugei: Legend of the Moby Dick)
Music: Nomi Yuuji (The Cat Returns, Whisper of the Heart)
Animation Studio: GONZO

URL: http://bokurano.jp/

Old 2006-11-24, 09:57   Link #976
NeoSam

Yay Yay Yay Yay another seinen manga from IKKI magazine is getting animated great news thanks for the info eggplant

I'll edit this post with the covers of Bokurano manga

==========

ぼくらの
Bokurano

http://bokurano.jp/

Based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen manga magazine IKKI.
For now there are 5 volumes released of this manga, and volume 6 will be released on 26/12/2006.

Genre: Seinen, Drama, Horror, Mecha, Science Fiction

==========

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-11-24 at 10:17. Reason: Edited with covers ^^
Old 2006-11-24, 10:13   Link #977
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
The obvious Planetes comparisons aside, the prospect of another space drama based on real science (Helium 3) has me very excited.
Don't be fooled... Moonlight Mile is light year away from Planetes. It's similar to a Crying Freeman in the space, probably, but in a dull way (the manga is really horrible, imho).

Bokurano it's a dream that came true... But GONZO for the realization is the worst nightmare... (Another manga I love will be butchered, wath a nice day! )
Old 2006-11-24, 10:18   Link #978
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland] View Post
Don't be fooled... Moonlight Mile is light year away from Planetes. It's similar to a Crying Freeman in the space, probably, but in a dull way (the manga is really horrible, imho).
Oh, not so good. The jury is out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland] View Post
Bokurano it's a dream that came true... But GONZO for the realization is the worst nightmare... (Another manga I love will be butchered, wath a nice day! )
But look who's directing, Morita Hiroyuki, who directed Cat Returns and episode 21 (if I remember correctly) of Noein. I'd happily give it the benefit of the doubt, though I was never a huge fan of Narutaru.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 10:25   Link #979
eggplant
Eggplant

かみちゃまかりん
Kamichama Karin

Based on the shoujo manga by Koge Donbo (Pita-Ten, DiGi Charat), serialized in the Nakayoshi magazine, with seven tankoubon manga volumes released to this day.

Synposis, courtesy of Anime News Network

Quote:
Orphan Hanazono Karin is a below-average girl who just lost another person dear to her; her best friend and loyal cat, Shi-chan. While visiting Shi-chan's grave, she meets Kujyou Kazune, a smart prettyboy who insults her right after meeting her. She runs away from him, hoping to never see his face again, but fate seems to have other ideas -- the girl she bumps into the very next day is none other than Himeka, Kazune's cousin. During her second meeting with Kazune, something strange happens to her ring, the last thing she has to remember her mother by. Afterwards, strange events happen all day around her, with no explaination. The fourth meeting with Kazune explains quite a bit; her ring has the power to turn her into a goddess. With Himeka's support and Kazune's guidance, Karin begins her training to become one of the divine.
Source: from the Monthly Nakayoshi Magazine January issue

Old 2006-11-24, 10:38   Link #980
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
But look who's directing, Morita Hiroyuki, who directed Cat Returns and episode 21 (if I remember correctly) of Noein. I'd happily give it the benefit of the doubt, though I was never a huge fan of Narutaru.

I totally give-up on GONZO after NHK. The staff is good but the anime is mediocre (well, I was feed-up after 10 ep. so I can't really tell if it's any better after that). Not a good adaptation, not a clever o well-made variation of the original (of course it's all IMHO). Just your average GONZO series, similar to any other they have made in the last years...

(yeah I'm probably too harsh, but I'm actually pissed about this news )

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers