AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-16, 15:40   Link #201
Claudias

yes, but I want to cover the philosophy in religion, mind, psychology, perception, history and ethics. I think that with philosophy thread you can have more subjects. I know that ontology is very broad, but i think you can have a better discussion with philosophy.
Old 2007-06-20, 07:35   Link #202
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I've been thinking, since the Favourite Quotes thread of SHnY is overflowing with repeated quotes......how about we do a 'Favourite Quote' Poll Thread?
Old 2007-07-28, 09:54   Link #203
PastPrime

How about a thread where we could discuss our thoughts and theories on the recently translated volume 9 without having to use spoiler tags. I would say that the double story line leaves itself open to many theories. And I have already formed one.
Old 2007-09-04, 20:15   Link #204
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Thread request

Thread request

I'm not sure if anyone's brought this topic up or mentioned anything about it, but as everyone here should be aware of, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya wasn't aired in chronological order, because the episodes weren't chronological order. Because I watched the series in a chronological order, I wouldn't know the perspective of another person who watched it in the order of the episode numbers, because I didn't have to fit the puzzle pieces in in order to understand .

Now to the suggestion:

I just simply want a poll up, asking the viewers which one they enjoy more(if they've seen it both ways), or even which way they think would have been a better way to watch the series.

Thanks in advance,
A.K.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
Old 2007-09-04, 23:35   Link #205
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
Now to the suggestion:

I just simply want a poll up, asking the viewers which one they enjoy more(if they've seen it both ways), or even which way they think would have been a better way to watch the series.

Thanks in advance,
A.K.
You mean this one?

The Order of Haruhi Suzumiya (In what order should this be watched?)

Old 2007-09-05, 15:35   Link #206
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Right. So there is one...

Well Arigato

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
Old 2007-09-25, 11:32   Link #207
Silasj
SOS団 Member

Send a message via AIM to Silasj Send a message via MSN to Silasj
Thread Request

I was wondering if there could be made a thread regarding a request I have. I have found a website with a, supposedly, flash file of Suzumiya Haruhi that I would like to have somehow edited into a file I can use as my desktop. I'm not even sure if this is possible, but since I'm not sure where to request it now, I was hoping to either have a thread made about it be directed to a place where I can make the request
Old 2007-09-25, 15:54   Link #208
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silasj View Post
Thread Request

I was wondering if there could be made a thread regarding a request I have. I have found a website with a, supposedly, flash file of Suzumiya Haruhi that I would like to have somehow edited into a file I can use as my desktop. I'm not even sure if this is possible, but since I'm not sure where to request it now, I was hoping to either have a thread made about it be directed to a place where I can make the request
Well, you aren't going to get a thread created in the Suzumiya Haruhi forum for such a request

I would suggest you post your request in the Tech Support first off to see if it's possible, and if it is then maybe a request in the Fan Creations once you have the required info.
Old 2007-09-25, 16:35   Link #209
Silasj
SOS団 Member

Send a message via AIM to Silasj Send a message via MSN to Silasj
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Well, you aren't going to get a thread created in the Suzumiya Haruhi forum for such a request

I would suggest you post your request in the Tech Support first off to see if it's possible, and if it is then maybe a request in the Fan Creations once you have the required info.
Ok thanks
Will do
Old 2007-10-04, 19:36   Link #210
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

if there isn't a Topic about the English Cast could someone make one? I really think that they need some credit because there aren't many english dubbed animes that have Good Voice acters like bleach
Old 2007-10-04, 21:05   Link #211
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
if there isn't a Topic about the English Cast could someone make one? I really think that they need some credit because there aren't many english dubbed animes that have Good Voice acters like bleach
Look in The Dubbing of Haruhi Suzumiya thread.

Old 2007-10-04, 21:09   Link #212
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

ok thanks *cant stop awtching cute avatar* DX damn it!
Old 2007-12-06, 01:20   Link #213
CrossoverManiac
Come and drink my koolaid

Send a message via Yahoo to CrossoverManiac
What about this thread: I noticed there is a strong resemblance between Haruhi and a being from the Cthulhu mythos known as Azathoth. I even added Haruhi in the subcatagory Popular culture. Tell me what you think?
Old 2007-12-06, 02:51   Link #214
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Rather stretching a bit. Maybe if she played the flute? Sorry, but there just isn't enough of a connection to create a thread for it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-12-23, 13:38   Link #215
Inferied

Requesting...

Or begging for individual character discussion threads for SOS団 members.
Old 2007-12-23, 19:44   Link #216
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferied View Post
Or begging for individual character discussion threads for SOS団 members.
Sounds like a good idea, but with the show finished for over a year, I don't think that those threads will be relevant now...

When the second season starts, however, I'm all for it!

Old 2007-12-24, 04:58   Link #217
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Sounds like a good idea, but with the show finished for over a year, I don't think that those threads will be relevant now...

When the second season starts, however, I'm all for it!
Very true. Once the new season starts then I'm sure we will consider such a request.
Old 2008-02-03, 17:48   Link #218
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I thought it might be interesting to have a thread in which fans could speculate on what an English live-action adaptation (i.e. movie) of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya would look like, and who should be casted into the various roles.

Given the popularity of this anime, and given that DBZ is soon going to get the movie treatment, I thought it might make for a pertinent discussion.
Old 2008-02-03, 18:34   Link #219
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I thought it might be interesting to have a thread in which fans could speculate on what an English live-action adaptation (i.e. movie) of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya would look like, and who should be casted into the various roles.

Given the popularity of this anime, and given that DBZ is soon going to get the movie treatment, I thought it might make for a pertinent discussion.
Not nearly as popular stateside.

Mention DBZ or Naruto to a non-anime fan and they'll know what you're talking about.

Mention Haruhi to a non-anime fan and they'll have no clue.
Old 2008-02-04, 04:31   Link #220
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Given that there's no announcement for such a project, I fail to see what relevant discussion could be generated, it would just be rather meaningless chatter at this point. As for speculation on who should be cast, then if you must post about an imaginary movie then I would suggest you post in The Dubbing of Haruhi Suzumiya thread.

Maybe another Mod may think your suggestion has some merit but at this point in time I don't see it. Sorry.
Closed Thread