AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-30, 22:27   Link #2841
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Reminds me a lot of the 2007 previews they did, but less strange and creepy.
Old 2009-03-30, 22:43   Link #2842
jedi423

if nothing else, we should at least get the first season in HD, right?
Old 2009-03-30, 23:05   Link #2843
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi423 View Post
if nothing else, we should at least get the first season in HD, right?
The show wasn't produced in HD. So unless they have gone back and redone it, it's just more SD UP.
Old 2009-03-30, 23:50   Link #2844
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
The show wasn't produced in HD. So unless they have gone back and redone it, it's just more SD UP.
How many of the "rerun" stations are in HD anyway? Could be wrong, but I'd gotten the impression that this was largely going to be reaired on secondary stations (as a rerun would be expected to be). Here's the schedule. Anyone know enough about Japanese broadcast stations to be able to tell anything?

Well, guess we (or at least someone in Japan) will know something in about 2 1/2 days.

Or not.
Old 2009-03-30, 23:50   Link #2845
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Oh how we got epic troll'd by KyoAni early February, it was a complete ****storm everywhere! I think most people have FINALLY understood that until we actually SEE the episode, no one will believe a word kadokawa/kyoani will say about Haruhi S2. I guess I can start rewatching the first season this friday :P.
Old 2009-03-30, 23:53   Link #2846
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
How many of the "rerun" stations are in HD anyway? Could be wrong, but I'd gotten the impression that this was largely going to be reaired on secondary stations (as a rerun would be expected to be). Here's the schedule. Anyone know enough about Japanese broadcast stations to be able to tell anything?
Anime is not normally rerun on Japanese television, especially a) Not at that time of day and b) Not a non-mainstream series like Haruhi.

That's the justifications I've heard, anyway.
Old 2009-03-31, 00:00   Link #2847
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Anime is not normally rerun on Japanese television, especially a) Not at that time of day and b) Not a non-mainstream series like Haruhi.

That's the justifications I've heard, anyway.
Well, yeah, I get all that, but if it's shown on the Japanese equivalent of a "used to be UPN but CW decided they didn't want" Channel 70+*, then that pretty much kills any chance of a first run for new episodes.

Whenever it's shown.

* Just lost all the non-Americans...
Old 2009-03-31, 00:04   Link #2848
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
* Just lost all the non-Americans...
Yeah, yeah I think you did.
Old 2009-03-31, 00:17   Link #2849
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmm. I'm not sure if that analogy works, though UPN use to be a decent network...it went bad fairly quickly and didn't live all that many year after its flagship show ended (Star Trek: Voyager). Though I don't know Japanese stations...airing on 14 channels and Youtube still seem odd to me...for a rerun that is.
Old 2009-03-31, 00:22   Link #2850
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

And yet I can still see them doing it.

Logic does not appear to apply to Kadokawa's business decisions.
Old 2009-03-31, 01:03   Link #2851
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

It's the YouTube thing that keeps me from drinking the "S2 shuffled into S1" Kool-Aid. I can see them simultaneously rerunning and YouTubing a series that has been out on DVD for almost three years (almost two in the States) and has enjoyed a considerable amount of monetary success and exposure already. I don't see them simultaneously first-running and YouTubing a new series when it would so obviously be a cash cow once it comes to DVDs and (nearly as importantly) licensing. I don't think Bandai's going to be as keen on taking the licensing plunge on a series that has already been aired for free on the world's most popular video sharing site by the original broadcaster, months previous. Especially with the current worries over the economy.
Old 2009-03-31, 01:06   Link #2852
bayoab

Quote:

Well, guess we (or at least someone in Japan) will know something in about 2 1/2 days.

Or not.
Think I mentioned this earlier in the thread but this is why there are 14 stations. As for how many of those actually broadcast in HD, I'm pretty sure TV-tama and Tokyo-MX (confirmed) air stuff in HD.

Side notes (rough t/l):
tvk's listing:
[New program]涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱
天上天下唯我独尊超ポジティブワガママ娘のハルヒに振り回されるキョンとSOS団が繰り広げる、ビミョーに 非日常学園ストーリー!
[The super positive, selfish, self-conceited girl in the whole universe, haruhi abuses Kyou and the SOS dan unfolds. A slightly irregular school story.
Old 2009-03-31, 01:11   Link #2853
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

So yeah, 's a rerun. No new content. So much for the hopes and dreams of the fans.

Logic does not apply.
Old 2009-03-31, 06:50   Link #2854
Solachinx
is a myth

^ Que? Link, por favor?
Old 2009-03-31, 08:13   Link #2855
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Think I mentioned this earlier in the thread but this is why there are 14 stations. As for how many of those actually broadcast in HD, I'm pretty sure TV-tama and Tokyo-MX (confirmed) air stuff in HD.

Side notes (rough t/l):
tvk's listing:
[New program]涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱
天上天下唯我独尊超ポジティブワガママ娘のハルヒに振り回されるキョンとSOS団が繰り広げる、ビミョーに 非日常学園ストーリー!
[The super positive, selfish, self-conceited girl in the whole universe, haruhi abuses Kyou and the SOS dan unfolds. A slightly irregular school story.
Now that would be interesting, Tsundere vs. tsundere...
Old 2009-03-31, 15:34   Link #2856
nimbus_andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And yet I can still see them doing it.

Logic does not appear to apply to Kadokawa's business decisions.
But this far? Even for them it's too crazy to believe.
Old 2009-03-31, 16:18   Link #2857
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
The series has Haruhi herself as an "Ultra Director," crazy is all part of the plan.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-03-31, 16:22   Link #2858
Eak
One angry cloud.

I am willing to believe that this is really just a re-run. For the most part I agree that it is crazy... but just look at the track record (or should I say troll record).

Also... if they promoted it as the new season of Haruhi (without the cryptic marketing) I am sure it would bring many times more viewers... thus skyrocketing the commercial dollars (I haven't watched an ounce of Japanese television so correct me if I am wrong on that part).
Old 2009-03-31, 16:58   Link #2859
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

I think they don't care for advertisement money in these midnight anime showings, because the production commitee has to pay for the time slot. Furthermore, if only some changes appear in the first episode when it aired on the first channel, the other showings will get a big audience automatically because somebody will post the information on 2ch.

I think for a how like Haruhi it doesn't matter if they make big advertisements for a second season before or if they suddenly start airing the episodes. Besides, the stuff they did in the last months can be even called advertisement. I personally think, that some new stuff will appear in this rerun.
Old 2009-03-31, 17:03   Link #2860
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I think they're relying on word of mouth to advertise here, if there is new content.

2ch would go nuts, and then there's the entire anime blogosphere...
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen