AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 53 39.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 21.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 5.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.74%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.74%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 8.15%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-14, 04:34   Link #301
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
theory on vampire berserk

normal humans (both male and females included) -> food -> biting urges
female vampire -> mating partner -> sexual urges
male vampire -> rival? -> murderous impulse?
This is what I was thinking as well, though we have yet to see Haruto react while around any of the male Magius.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-14, 04:35   Link #302
Sakuratsuki

Preview for episode 11:

What can i say, poor saki. It really hit her, she is messed up there. Damn OS-tan!

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2013-06-14 at 04:52.
Old 2013-06-14, 05:02   Link #303
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I think it was "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" or more likely "HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHM". I made out a lot of haitches.

Maybe OS-tan got curious about sex after that little kiss Saki and Haruto shared in the cockpit.
I read the "HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" to mean that she was exerting herself mentally to control Haruto.
Old 2013-06-14, 05:09   Link #304
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

What... I wasn't expecting any of that... rape, as it should be called. I mean, I felt like an unfortunate crash dummy who had the wall crash into him, that was.....impossible. I mean, seriously impossible.

I can't even do that to my own clothes! Were those from the same manufacturer of Hulk Hogan's shirts, because Haruto ripped hers like paper

Ahem COUGH okay Sunrise, I'll never forget when parents objected to Gundam Seed's Flay scene, looks like I won't be forgetting this any time soon half of me feels sorry for Saki, the other half of me doesn't, strangely enough. She was always running headlong into trouble, I guess she finally realized it's a... curse

The worst/best/neutral part about all this, now the Valvrave doujins will have that forced/rape tag for sure I just hope there's one doujin artist that can come up with a valid explanation for how those clothes were removed
Quote:
theory on vampire berserk

normal humans (both male and females included) -> food -> biting urges
female vampire -> mating partner -> sexual urges
male vampire -> rival? -> murderous impulse?
That's interesting We saw early on when Haruto was getting hungry when Elf-Eru was around, so it was probably like this: OS-tan can see that Haruto was suppressing his outbreaks, so she'll bite someone else to go on the next big adventure
Old 2013-06-14, 05:14   Link #305
Kumbayah

THE HECK JUST HAPPENED.

I feel terrible. I know, I know, it wasn't Haruto's fault. But I just can't look forward to him ending with Shoko or even Saki.
Old 2013-06-14, 06:10   Link #306
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njet View Post
This ending is so ominous it's rather disheartning. We have Saki finally forced to confront that she hasn't been touched by god, or is some Holy Spirit as Aina would say. And, VVV-tan had something to do with that assault that took place. And, Shoko's taking her inspirational skills too far working her students into a frenzy. Blinding all of them to the fact that they have a superpower right behind them who has no qualms about killing kids to get what they want. I sense a blood bath coming.
Blood Bath no matter what, Shoko isn't that incompetent. She knows they all could die very soon, it's why they need to cherish the present when they can as things aren't going to get better for them as things are now and it could very well hit the melting point soon. Especially since Cain and co. will do everything they can to keep them away from the Neutral Moon if they can.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:05   Link #307
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumbayah View Post
THE HECK JUST HAPPENED.

I feel terrible. I know, I know, it wasn't Haruto's fault. But I just can't look forward to him ending with Shoko or even Saki.
Same feelings here too. A happy romance ending. Can't happen anymore for me too
Old 2013-06-14, 07:11   Link #308
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
Same feelings here too. A happy romance ending. Can't happen anymore for me too
Well, there's still L-Elf x Shoko, I mean Evol did pull a Kagura x Zessica end even if it was nowhere near as developed as L-Elf x Shoko is already(And they haven't even really done anything together yet).
Old 2013-06-14, 07:13   Link #309
Domonkazu

the Fairy UI on valvrave 1 is so perverted

Spoiler:
Old 2013-06-14, 07:30   Link #310
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
the Fairy UI on valvrave 1 is so perverted

Spoiler:
LOL now that I got a closer look OS-tan could pass as a Shouko look a like if she had shorter hair lol
Old 2013-06-14, 07:54   Link #311
mikhailsharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I did not watch the episode yet, but I will say this much.

Spoiler for Plot point question:
She's not exactly willing is she...

TQ
Old 2013-06-14, 08:10   Link #312
mikhailsharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
I have a feeling the story might be going towards her spirit breaking into pieces:

First her father might die (imagine if they made it a TV execution)
Then (of actually first) a decision of hers causes deaths of many in Module 77.
And when she needs someone to support her the most, she sees Haruto and Saki together.

And then she forms the Third Galactic Reich because F*ck you!
Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds!

TQ
Old 2013-06-14, 08:18   Link #313
Destined_Fate

I don't see Shoko forming a Dictatorship. She is set up to despair hard soon enough, the question is how L-Elf will act and if he will play the role of her knight in shining armor or not to get her completely under his control as Shoko is the only one who has constantly ruined his plans even if it was all unintentional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikhailsharon View Post

TQ
Indeed, Saki didn't want to be raped but she saw that Haruto was suffering and gave in to her fate as she did like Haruto and understood that someone had to be a sacrificial pawn to keep Haruto from getting worse.
Old 2013-06-14, 08:20   Link #314
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
She only resisted at first because she thought Haruto was trying to kill her.

Why am I the only one that thinks this?
Old 2013-06-14, 08:21   Link #315
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
She only resisted at first because she thought Haruto was trying to kill her.

Why am I the only one that thinks this?
No, she resisted even as Haruto stripped shirt off. She only gave him when she realized that it was his curse and that he couldn't control himself anymore so she became the sacrificial doll to curb his tendencies as they need Haruto more than ever as things get worse.
Old 2013-06-14, 08:24   Link #316
whitecloud

This comment by other poster should sum it up perfectly...

"She willingly surrenders herself to help him out of compassion for his curse. She did like him, but she now knows she can never get him the normal way, i.e. to love her like he loves Shouko. Yes, they apparently had 'sex', but she did not resist, she embraced her destiny. ( as you can clearly see she embraces him and caresses him, because she cares ) She might not like it because it is not the real boy she loves, but some cursed monster instead. Not because she is forced or beaten or what not. Did he enter her? Probably. Did she want him to? Yes, but not like this. Did she accept it? Yes, so it is consensual. Consensual rape does not exist, so it's just consensual sex. It's just a very bad first time..

She clearly surrenders herself to the fact this is a curse and she cannot get the guy through any normal means. Which is why she is so depressed. And why she also does not run or fight back; i.e. Shouko won."

and she would continue to be haruto "sacrificial pawn" in a worse term "sex slave, cum dumpster you name it..." from now on....everytime haruto under berserk state...while haruto may or may not looking at her....
Old 2013-06-14, 08:27   Link #317
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
This comment by other poster should sum it up perfectly...

"She willingly surrenders herself to help him out of compassion for his curse. She did like him, but she now knows she can never get him the normal way, i.e. to love her like he loves Shouko. Yes, they apparently had 'sex', but she did not resist, she embraced her destiny. ( as you can clearly see she embraces him and caresses him, because she cares ) She might not like it because it is not the real boy she loves, but some cursed monster instead. Not because she is forced or beaten or what not. Did he enter her? Probably. Did she want him to? Yes, but not like this. Did she accept it? Yes, so it is consensual. Consensual rape does not exist, so it's just consensual sex. It's just a very bad first time..

She clearly surrenders herself to the fact this is a curse and she cannot get the guy through any normal means. Which is why she is so depressed. And why she also does not run or fight back; i.e. Shouko won."

and she would continue to be haruto "sacrificial pawn" in a worse term "sex slave, cum dumpster you name it..." from now on....everytime haruto under berserk state...while haruto may or may not looking at her....
So I'm not alone in this and this sums it up better than what I had.Thanks WC!
Old 2013-06-14, 08:43   Link #318
galdr

IMO Haruto x Shoko ship is pretty much sink.
The only way Haruto x Shoko can happen if Saki dies and give her blessing before she bite it.
Considering the 200 years flash forward, that is pretty unlikely.

Haruto suffering pretty much continue this episode.
At the beginning he seems get better with him getting closer to Kyuma and Thunder plus possible romance with Shoko but with this incident there is no way he can't think himself other than monster.

With Saki..I guess this is pretty much 'be careful what your wish for' situation.
She gain her wish to be alone with Haruto.
Though unfortunately their relationship is bittersweet "comforting each other in suffering" or "licking each other wounds" instead of true love.
The "I want you to kill me" thing is also pretty blatant tragedy foreshadowing.
Old 2013-06-14, 08:48   Link #319
mikhailsharon

Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I don't see why Saki has to die for Shouko to have a chance with Haruto.....
Agreed, polygamy is an option...

Quote:
There's obviously some several missing scenes

We don't know how much she struggled before she gave in.

This vampire seizure didn't seem to be the normal kind. (red eyes)

And she's still a victim
I recall predicting him slaming her head with his fist to the ground at least one time so ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibikiwi View Post
I felt so bad for Shoko and Saki...sorry Haruto I didn't feel sorry for you
Women are fragile after all. It's only natural to pity the weaker sex - at least physically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
I find my self feeling more sad for Saki than Shouko. Perhaps it is because Shouko is actually loved by not only Haruto but by everyone. I think Haruto's heart will still belong to Shouko despite everything that happens in the series.
While Saki is kinda just there despite actually being a kind girl.
I like Saki and Shouko and Haruto. For them to suffer like this ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Because Haruto is the type to stick with Saki out of obligation alone. He is a good guy, and Saki know what it meant when she let him complete the act. He is now trapped with her, and he would never walk away by choice.
He can walk away if he wants it. Will he though is another matter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
There isn't a non-douche way out. He had sex with a girl he doesn't love. No matter what he does now, there is no honourable path.
Polygamy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Shouko has death flag or no?
Like Hare and Shirley, let's hope that Shouko live...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
If Haruto know what he has done, I don't think he even want to be near Shoko. Unless Haruto decide to have 2 wives instead of 1.
Again, the obvious solution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Unless Shouko obtains immortality - Saki wins in long term anyway.
Maybe ... who's to say that the Saki we saw is actually Shouko inside Saki's body or otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
Y'know what? I feel really bad for Satomi. Apparently he had so many plans for New Jior's future and to him it looked like Shoko won the election with "LETS GO TO THE MOON AND HAVE A FESTIVAL SO THAT I CAN FINALLY CONFESS MY LOVE!"

And she also became his sister's new BFF.

Being Satomi is suffering.
Satomi have my respect being the sane man in the academy of insanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
OH.MY.GOD.!!!

I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT.

THIS IS THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL EPISODE IN THE ENTIRE VALVRAVE SERIES!

AND WHAT'S MORE, THAT RAPE SCENE WAS THE MOST EYE CATCHING OF THE EPISODE!

MY JAW DROPPED TO THE GROUND BECAUSE OF WHAT HARUTO JUST DID IN THIS EPISODE!

(excuse the capitals due to the revelation of ep. 10).
Yeah, I was a bit spook myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
My reaction to this episode:

I can see doujins about THAT scene becoming viral in the near future....

Also, was I the only one who felt some foreshadowing in regards to that "moment" (if you can call it that) between Haruto and the blond ojou-sama?
I predict it to be even more violent than what we had just seen. I mean what torture did Haruto inflict on Saki to ruin their cloths to such a degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
Add Satomi to that list.

Shoko actually got Akira to agree to go shopping with her and LEAVE HER ROOM this episode. If Satomi saw that he'd snap.
Yeah, he would snap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Eh, some of you keep saying Saki or Haruto raped the other.

OS-Tan raped both of them, she used Haruto's body, against his will, to rape Saki thus ruining Haruto's current chances with his true love Shoko as he wont leave Saki after all this while Saki will have to deal with the fact that Haruto does'nt love her and is only with her because he feels obligated to forgo his love for Shoko completely after what happened.
Nothing is certain about this. For all we know it may be just bad luck.

TQ
Old 2013-06-14, 08:50   Link #320
Gundamx

Akira brother lost because he don't understand that the voter are not adult but kids
kids = just want to have fun today even if that mean they will end up hungry tomorrow...
(party > used alot of their food + resources)
Closed Thread