AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2006-10-06, 12:24   Link #1061
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Wow, talk about nostalgia.

Surprisingly, the scene I was most impressed with was the part where Nayuki showed Yuuichi around town. When I heard 雪の少女, I got the goosebumps. The memorable scenes are all great, but it's the "daily, normal talk scenes" that really reminded you of the game.

Another thing that Kyoani has done well is the feeling of "winter", Yuuchi's morning really showed that off well. I really felt cold just watching him walk outside in pyjamas.

Now then, until this thread returns to normal from it's 2ch-ness, I'll stay away for a bit.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 12:28   Link #1062
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Isn't it nice? It's fall and soon it will be winter. What a great time to watch Kanon . Just make sure you have a cup of tea while watching
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 12:46   Link #1063
martino
makes no files now

I felt kinda cold as well when I watched that scene. Oooops! I had my window open and it's quite cold outside...so that might be why
Old 2006-10-06, 12:53   Link #1064
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Another thing that Kyoani has done well is the feeling of "winter"
That might be so, but whoever animated the snow shoveling scene very clearly never encountered any significant amounts of the stuff in real life... No snow I ever had the displeasure of shoveling ever let itself be cut out in convenient squares, and it sure as heck didn't magically disappear when put next to a wall (the evil stuff piles up in meter-high droves when you shovel the kind of area Yuuichi was working on...).
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 13:01   Link #1065
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff
That might be so, but whoever animated the snow shoveling scene very clearly never encountered any significant amounts of the stuff in real life... No snow I ever had the displeasure of shoveling ever let itself be cut out in convenient squares, and it sure as heck didn't magically disappear when put next to a wall (the evil stuff piles up in meter-high droves when you shovel the kind of area Yuuichi was working on...).
Actually, if you observe closely, the pile does grow as Yuuichi adds more.
Old 2006-10-06, 13:19   Link #1066
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

I've seen snow do that but only after it builds a crust after having melted slightly and refrozen. Actually I think there's different kinds of snow too depending on the environment, though I live in Utah and all this stuff is powder.

My heart aches watching this and I actually hope for a different ending this time around though that's doubtful.

Being relatively new to your forums (Actually I registered some years ago before all the accounts got dumped I just barely ever post) I don't know how to post spoilers. But the Kanon threads on other forums I more commonly visit are moving to slow.
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 13:24   Link #1067
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Ever notice when Akiko pour that boiling pot of water to gate's handle, she immediately touched it when it was still hot

--> I re-watched the first ep again and it was funny when Nayuki chases the fox.
--> That Yuuichi and Ayu conversation scene on the restaurant reminds me of Haruhi and Kon's conversation. You know, Kon is just flat out when talking and Yuuichi is doing the same thing to Ayu.
--> Strange, how many people beginning to compare it to Suzumiya Haruhi. Kon's voice effect maybe?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-06, 13:28   Link #1068
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Oh heck yeah. It's like Kyon left Haruhi, moved to the Kanon universe and changed his name to Yuuichi.

What can we talk about without spoiler tags? I'm particularly interested in a discussion about that fox . . .
Old 2006-10-06, 13:30   Link #1069
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

spoiler tag... [spoiler].
i think all the previous kyoani pieces are being compared with Kanon. It can't be helped.
the fox? w.o spoiler tag I don't think we can go into it at all.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 13:32   Link #1070
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Strange, how many people beginning to compare it to Suzumiya Haruhi. Kon's voice effect maybe?
I know for a fact that i'm not. In my opinion both shows are nothing like each other at all.

They might have the same style of art & just one same voice actor - but that aside, they're very different.
Old 2006-10-06, 13:33   Link #1071
Lost

And I compared them based on the initial 2-chan-ness of this thread. Like Shiroth said; the two couldnt be more different in essence.

KenOhki'sRage:

Use spoiler tags like this:

[spoiler=Episode 1]I fapped to Ayu[/spoiler]

To give

Spoiler for Episode 1:
But with a new subforum coming, I'm sure there'll be a exclusive spoiler thread for the veterans.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 13:38   Link #1072
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

But Yuuichi is a softie at heart and not that sarcastic like Kyon was imo.
Spoiler:

I'm not comparing the 2. Then again, I did abstain from Haruhi for a while because of Kanon so that I wouldn't confuse seiyuu performances. Other than having Kyon's seiyuu as Yuuichi, the 2 titles are not similar at all.

Yeah! We're getting a sub-forum.!

So how is this thread like 2-chan?
Old 2006-10-06, 13:41   Link #1073
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Thank you muchly.

I'll try and set this up all proper like.

Spoiler for about the kitsune:

Spoiler for about Mai:
Old 2006-10-06, 13:59   Link #1074
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
I know for a fact that i'm not. In my opinion both shows are nothing like each other at all.

They might have the same style of art & just one same voice actor - but that aside, they're very different.
True true indeed. Well, I'm not saying that Kanon is like Suzumiya Haruhi. I'm just saying that there were moments similar to Suzumiya Haruhi.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-06, 14:15   Link #1075
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So now what, do all the Haruhi avatars and sigs get changed over to Kanon ones or is it too early to tell.

Oh and I live in Canada and I hate snow, but now that we have snowblower its not so bad. Trust me, I don't need to watch Kanon to see snow.

Oh and Sugita Tomokazu eh, well that kills any chance of me ever watching this show or giving it a chance. I refuse to watch anything with Souichiro Hoshi and Sugita Tomokazu in major roles, number one because Hoshi has the most annoying voice of any voice actor in the Japanese Industry and number two because I find Sugita Tomokazu dry, flat and somewhat irritating with his voice as well, but not to the degree of Souchiro Hoshi. That and Sugita Tomokazu did the worst job voice over job I've ever heard in a video game for Brooklyn Luckfield in SRW Alpha 3 and made him sound annoying as hell. Say what you will, but I won't budge on this, its like when Mary Hart gave the guys a seizure, Sugita Tomakazu and Souichiro Hoshi give me a nervous twitch that I can't get rid of no matter how hard I try to ignore his voice. I'll just hang out elsewhere as I've lost any interest in this one.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2006-10-06 at 14:28.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 14:20   Link #1076
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Kanon now has a separate thread.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-06, 14:22   Link #1077
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 1
I agree, the feeling of winter was beautiful especially since we're in Fall/soon to be in winter season.

I've never watched the previous Kanon so I'm completely new to the story. So far, so good. I like Ayu, she's so cute. So this is where the infamous "Uguu~" came from.

My only complaints are (IMO! IMO! IMHO!)...
All of the girls look the same except for the hair style, hair color and eye color.
Yuuchi looks (and sound) too old for a highschooler.
The ending song annoys me. But that's because I hate pop/techno/whatever it's called genre haha.

I'm definitely watching it~ I like winter and romance.
Old 2006-10-06, 14:41   Link #1078
The Avatar
The Avatar of Death

Thank God for Kanon, I've actually been in a BIG anime rut for the past year, nothing I watched could get me back into the game. That is until I watched Kanon. I just saw the first episode and all I can say is wow. I don't know if it's the animation, the scenery, the characters, or the music, but there's something about it I really like. I might actually follow this show weekly. Ohhhhh I can feel the dead otaku within me coming back to life.
The Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 15:04   Link #1079
DanielSong39

Currently downloading the episode; can't wait to see it once it's done.

Let's see how this adaptation compares to the previous versions. Hoping for a bigger role from Nayuki!
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 15:22   Link #1080
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Don't forget that there is now a Kanon - 2006 - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll thread, so if you want to express your views or make comments about the first episode, then please post there

This thread should be used for more generic discussion not releated to the episodes. Note: I've moved a couple of recent posts from this thread into the episode discussion thread.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen