AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 266 57.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 101 21.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 3.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 1.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.22%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 5.87%
Voters: 460. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-06, 08:57   Link #441
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Don't be so sensitive. I really don't find my comment of any lulz... Despair causes stupid and harmful actions as you can see. Instead of letting her die of her own free-conscienceness, she was Geassed into another mind set. (don't die...) I don't know any Japanese, so I don't know if that command ever registered in her mind or not or did she have the strength left to resist a non-hostile order. All in all, Lelouch's despair caused him another sin and it was a damn good one, because witnessed her Geassed death as well.

-Tragic. LOVE IT!
As much as I hate Lelouch even I don't think that was the case, he was trying to save his friend who does not want to die it isn't a sign a weakness its a sign of change but given the same situation even in S1 he still would have spam it as many times if it were someone he cared about. Speaking of which I wonder how news will get out on Shirley's death to Milly and the others
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 08:59   Link #442
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
As much as I hate Lelouch even I don't think that was the case, he was trying to save his friend who does not want to die it isn't a sign a weakness its a sign of change but given the same situation even in S1 he still would have spam it as many times if it were someone he cared about. Speaking of which I wonder how news will get out on Shirley's death to Milly and the others
Expect a gathering at the funeral. As to who will attend, well...
Old 2008-07-06, 08:59   Link #443
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

@Vallen Chaos

Dude.. where did I say not wanting loved one to die is a sin? The point that he geassed her and took her mind away is a sin. She never asked that she wants to forget everything in the end did she or asked to be controlled with don't die? (someone Japanese please answer) If that's the case then I'll rest my thought.

Obivously he wasn't at the condition to think of what's best for her. It also tells us how much the Geass meant to him on "everday" situation. Nothing is excusable in life no matter how much one wants to deny it. I don't know where this hostile defense is coming from. (little extreme) We see that here in the end. You saw how he took out his lense to Geass her. Then spam it on her instead of spending the last moments with the real shirley. Once a Geass slave died as one. It's very sad.

-Was this the wisest thing for Shirley - to die in a mind that wasn't controlled by herself?
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 09:00   Link #444
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Speaking of which I wonder how news will get out on Shirley's death to Milly and the others
Bad, real bad obviously. And i can see the next epi starting with her funeral. ~___~
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 09:00   Link #445
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Expect a gathering at the funeral. As to who will attend, well...
If Rolo shows up, I think that will sum up everything
Old 2008-07-06, 09:02   Link #446
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkg9990 View Post
Anyways, if Kallen WILL become Nana's knight this means no more Ace Pilot for Zero.
There can be other aces. and actually.. He might feel more confortable this way. Kallen is important to him and she'll be safe in Nunnally's hands - and in turn, Kallen can probably make a MUCH better job of protecting Nunnally than Suzaku (mos tof us have speculated that Kallen would somehow come to save Nunnally's life while in her care anyway).
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 09:03   Link #447
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
If Rolo shows up, I think that will sum up everything
Aye to that. I'm sure even he is not that heartless to show up at the funeral of someone he murdered.
Old 2008-07-06, 09:04   Link #448
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
@Vallen Chaos

Dude.. where did I say not wanting loved one to die is a sin? The point that he geassed her and took her mind away is a sin. She never asked that she wants to forget everything in the end did she? (Someone Japanese please answer)

Obivously he wasn't at the condition to think of what's best for her. It also tells us how much the Geass meant to him on "everday" situation. Nothing is excusable in life no matter how much one wants to deny it. I don't know where this hostile defense is coming from. (little extreme) We see that here in the end. You saw how he took out his lense to Geass her. Then spam it on her instead of spending the last moments with the real shirley. Once a Geass slave died as one. It's very sad.

-Was this the wisest thing for Shirley - to die in a mind that wasn't controlled by herself?

I think what you were trying to say is that geass was what got her in this situation in the first place so why would he geass her even know it was because he command her to forget everything about him, than the emperor altered her memories only to be canceled again by Orange. So really she died because it and was going to live because of it so really its sad to thing how twisted her life was because of geass
Old 2008-07-06, 09:05   Link #449
incorrupts
Banned

I'm pretty sure Rolo will be on the funeral, he can't leave "nii-sama!11!"'s side. Plus why wouldn't he? He was supposed to be friends with her.
{what i hate is that Nina will be there as well and MEH.}
Old 2008-07-06, 09:06   Link #450
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

Now i've officially watched the whole ep (well, almost), i hate my computer. But i love it, too.
Lulu's "DON'T DIE! don't die! Don't die...." was excellent and the quality was amazing, too.
shirley deserved better fan rating. And more shippers. But that's is over now, all that LuluShirley.
I hope Rolo doesn't kill Nana-chan. but that would be too predictable.
I agrre with VHV, you can sue me but that is the truth. Shirley died for Geass.
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 09:06   Link #451
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
I'm pretty sure Rolo will be on the funeral, he can't leave "nii-sama!11!"'s side. Plus why wouldn't he? He was supposed to be friends with her.
If she kicks up a fuss over Suzaku, or accuses him of being the killer....
Old 2008-07-06, 09:06   Link #452
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

She will? Ba I bet Rollo will just be behind his Nee-san guarding him.
Old 2008-07-06, 09:08   Link #453
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
"supposed" is the key word, also want would be his reaction would it be of guilt or will he feel nothing, Oh God I can imagine Shirley's mother reaction considering how hysterical she was when her husband died, its so sad
Old 2008-07-06, 09:08   Link #454
Guilford
Cornelia's First Knight

Quote:
She will? Ba I bet Rollo will just be behind his Nee-san guarding him.
Don't forget that Lulu cross-dressing was just Sayoko's misunderstanding ;-)
Guilford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 09:10   Link #455
Xiaodun

Quote:
@Vallen Chaos

Dude.. where did I say not wanting loved one to die is a sin? The point that he geassed her and took her mind away is a sin. She never asked that she wants to forget everything in the end did she or asked to be controlled with don't die? (someone Japanese please answer) If that's the case then I'll rest my thought.

*Me raises hand on someone Japanese

The reason why this scene was so touching for me was because Lulu geassed Shirley not to die, and the order seemed to register (judging from her eyes). Only Shirley seemed resigned about her death, saying something to the likeness of "Since it seems like destiny that I'll love you no matter how many times I'm reborn [I can die now right?]"

Xiaodun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 09:11   Link #456
ptoss1
Banned

i have to say something here:

of all the CG characters, Shirley was my all time favorite unlike most people who choose the cool characters

she reminded me of all those cute angel girls who were just normal teens

girls like tianzi dont count, i hate lolis, old immortals like CC dont count either because there always the bitches who screw over the protagonist in the end, milly too perverted, ninja maid is....too ninja maidy, euphie too retardedly dumb, rakshada too im supremely smart and bots are my friends, cornelia too war goddessy, anya too i dont care wtf happens, kallen too loyal and ready to get married at a first kiss and a hug and an 'omg i just realized i love you but never had the time to do anything about my fuking emotions', and other unimportant side girls that you see only in one scene in an anime dont count either because no story development

for once in an anime, i got to see a normal teen girl who was just cute and likable, not CC sexy, not kallen cute, not milly perverted, not euphie gonna die horribly, not anya (blue haired girl in EVA) girl with an alien plot twist, not cornelia vengence girl, and not unattractive shy girl nina GET SOME FUKING STORY DEVELOPMENT

AND NOW SHES DEAD AND SHES GOING TO REMAIN DEAD BECAUSE ONLY THORN IN THE BUTT PEOPLE LIKE ORANGEKUN GET REVIVED

FUK YOU ROLO YO ARE THE GAYEST RETARD IN THE ENTIRE FUKING UNIVERSE AND HOPE YOU DIE IN THE FIRST 5 MIN OF THE NEXT EPISODE AND HOPE LELOUCH TELLS YOU HE USED YOU LIKE TISSUE PAPER AND THAT HED DOESNT LIKE GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLL LLEEEEEEE
ptoss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 09:13   Link #457
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Ehm. I would rather have her sentence come out of the cerebrum that is controlled by her. XDDDD

-ptoss1: Don't worry. There'll always be fanfics. ^.^ And once a good anime comes out that is better than this one, the event may seem trivia too. I got used to this stuff in Code Geass after I adapted to Euphie's death.
Old 2008-07-06, 09:14   Link #458
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
"supposed" is the key word, also want would be his reaction would it be of guilt or will he feel nothing, Oh God I can imagine Shirley's mother reaction considering how hysterical she was when her husband died, its so sad
I'm pretty sure Rolo's dictionary is limited to three words: assassin, geass, nii-sama!111!
I'm sure he is going. He's gonna pretend like he always does.

And yes, poor mother. :/
Old 2008-07-06, 09:15   Link #459
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
Now i've officially watched the whole ep (well, almost), i hate my computer. But i love it, too.
Lulu's "DON'T DIE! don't die! Don't die...." was excellent and the quality was amazing, too.
shirley deserved better fan rating. And more shippers. But that's is over now, all that LuluShirley.
I hope Rolo doesn't kill Nana-chan. but that would be too predictable.
I agrre with VHV, you can sue me but that is the truth. Shirley died for Geass.
Actually, how DID she die for Geass?
Old 2008-07-06, 09:15   Link #460
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptoss1 View Post
i have to say something here:

of all the CG characters, Shirley was my all time favorite unlike most people who choose the cool characters

she reminded me of all those cute angel girls who were just normal teens

girls like tianzi dont count, i hate lolis, old immortals like CC dont count either because there always the bitches who screw over the protagonist in the end, milly too perverted, ninja maid is....too ninja maidy, euphie too retardedly dumb, rakshada too im supremely smart and bots are my friends, cornelia too war goddessy, anya too i dont care wtf happens, kallen too loyal and ready to get married at a first kiss and a hug and an 'omg i just realized i love you but never had the time to do anything about my fuking emotions', and other unimportant side girls that you see only in one scene in an anime dont count either because no story development

for once in an anime, i got to see a normal teen girl who was just cute and likable, not CC sexy, not kallen cute, not milly perverted, not euphie gonna die horribly, not anya (blue haired girl in EVA) girl with an alien plot twist, not cornelia vengence girl, and not unattractive shy girl nina GET SOME FUKING STORY DEVELOPMENT
The point is that out of all of the female cast Shirley was the most normal and could very much fit into a real life scenario (if next episode is a funeral it's hard to imagine Milly's reaction since they seem so close also since Milly always had the joy of teasing her)