AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-01, 18:49   Link #321
Jeshua

Ami grew faster than any character, and stands in the same position as Ryuji - maybe love is something to look for - but, at the moment, the important thing is to be happy, with the friends that they have found.

It's interesting how Taiga keeps on telling Ryuji to make advances, but that's not his priority.
It's interesting how Ami wants everyone to be true to theirselves, even if it hurts.

I see in Ami someone that wants her newfound friends to experience the same growth that she just experienced: To be able to be true to herself, and find happiness in it.

... Outta this pairing-thing, Ami wants to be happy, and that doesn't exactly means that she has to be together to someone in a lovey-dovey kinda relationship; For now, she is learning to be "herself", to be sincere, to trust others... Well, she is way ahead of the pack, on their path to find maturity and happiness... But she is still learning and, even when she seems to be the only one that realises that it's impossible to everyone to stay happy as things are, she seems to dream of happiness for all...

(sry for the long dreamy oppinion)
Old 2009-02-02, 08:05   Link #322
shinryou
--- semi-hikikomori ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeshua View Post
Ami grew faster than any character, and stands in the same position as Ryuji - maybe love is something to look for - but, at the moment, the important thing is to be happy, with the friends that they have found.

It's interesting how Taiga keeps on telling Ryuji to make advances, but that's not his priority.
It's interesting how Ami wants everyone to be true to theirselves, even if it hurts.

I see in Ami someone that wants her newfound friends to experience the same growth that she just experienced: To be able to be true to herself, and find happiness in it.

... Outta this pairing-thing, Ami wants to be happy, and that doesn't exactly means that she has to be together to someone in a lovey-dovey kinda relationship; For now, she is learning to be "herself", to be sincere, to trust others... Well, she is way ahead of the pack, on their path to find maturity and happiness... But she is still learning and, even when she seems to be the only one that realises that it's impossible to everyone to stay happy as things are, she seems to dream of happiness for all...

(sry for the long dreamy oppinion)
definatly agree with all of that. And the character growth is what attracts me most to ami's character. too bad ryuuji just doesn't seem to have any interest in her...
Old 2009-02-02, 08:15   Link #323
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Kind of new to this sub forum. I'm not a great fan of Toradora but I must say that Kawashima Ami is one female character in this anime that I've taken an interest in. Out of every character she is the most interesting to watch. Hope it'll end well for her

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2009-02-02, 08:28   Link #324
Fran~
floating away...

The point is that Ami falled for Ryuuji precisaly for that reason: Ryuuji doesn't show any interest in her.

To a woman as Ami, who everybody worships her, it's amazing that someone like Ryuuji exists.
Old 2009-02-02, 10:48   Link #325
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
To a woman as Ami, who everybody worships her, it's amazing that someone like Ryuuji exists.
Probably because Ryuuji is admiring someone else.
I remember on a previous episode when Ryuuji saw Minori in waitress uniform, he was all smiles.

Ryuuji liking someone else doesn't stop Ami from liking him though, she even told him once that the one suited for him is someone like her (cave scene).

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2009-02-02 at 11:03.
Old 2009-02-02, 10:58   Link #326
Fran~
floating away...

At the Beach House Amin already noticed that Ryuuji falled for Minori, so from that point Amin only need to watch Ryuuji's reactions and it was clear Ryuuji's feelings for Minori. Now, in episode 17, how she told him about her "help", to me, that is the start for the missunderstandings. I don't think that Amin will give up on Ryuuji so easily.
Old 2009-02-02, 11:29   Link #327
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
I don't think that Amin will give up on Ryuuji so easily.
Fully agreed with your opinion, Ami is far from giving up on Ryuuji.
With only a few episodes left, I think we might get to see Ami make another attempt to make Ryuuji fall for her very soon.

I just hope things work out fine for Ami, I also grew to like her character throughout the series.
Old 2009-02-02, 11:49   Link #328
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Hard to say. Ami do have conscience and I don't think she is the kind person who wants to be third wheel in budding relationship. Honestly, the anime seem to paint her as some kind of counselor and agitator for characters to resolve their fears and their denseness instead of love interest to Ryuji per se.
Old 2009-02-02, 12:44   Link #329
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Honestly, the anime seem to paint her as some kind of counselor and agitator for characters to resolve their fears and their denseness instead of love interest to Ryuji per se.
Yes... you can see that based in all the scenes chopped from the novel.
Old 2009-02-02, 16:44   Link #330
Jeshua

Hmmm... About Ami's "role" in the anime and in the Novels...

Hm, surely she has a love interest on Ryuji, but from "no interest" to "interested" and then "love-interested" and finally "lovestruck" or something like that, I would say that she is, let's say, somewhere between "interested" and "love-interested"...

I loved that scene on ep14 where Ryuji treats Amin like a child: "Whatever, you should eat some pork. You're probably lacking vitamin B2." ... then he explains why he thinks that way (she looked weak early in the morning) and she looks so cuute! *-*~
She clearly doesn't like the kind of relationship that Ryuji and Taiga share, and envy 'em a whole lot (then, she likes and would love to have the same kind of relationship but... Oh well.) but, for Ryuji to worry about (and pay attention to) her, even when she acts like a b*atch (early that day) is something that makes her realize that, even now that she is being true to herself, there are true friends to support and care about her... (well, a shame that he doesn't realize when she is true to her feelings. -_-)

Well, for now he is a friend to her, and for sure she wants him (to herself), but the novel shows better her inner conflict on all that 'photo' matter - does she want Minorin to make a advance on Ryuji? Does she want him for herself? Would she steal Ryuji from Taiga? Or she just wants everyone to be true to their fellings and be trully happy (or sad) with the outcome? (Well, on the anime all this conflict was resumed on one facial contortion but... meh.)

She doesn't looks like she knows what she wants (or should) do. Oh hell - I love all this confusion *-*~

surely lotsa dialogues got wiped out of the anime, but we get so many visual hints...
Old 2009-02-05, 18:40   Link #331
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinryou View Post
too bad ryuuji just doesn't seem to have any interest in her...
It's alright, everyone else in the world has enough interest to pick up the slack on Ryuuji's part.

I kinda hope the author builds a series just for Ami. Her evolution as a character is damn interesting, and I'm curious as to how it will go beyond when none of the others are around her anymore or as much.
Old 2009-02-05, 21:55   Link #332
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
It's alright, everyone else in the world has enough interest to pick up the slack on Ryuuji's part.

I kinda hope the author builds a series just for Ami. Her evolution as a character is damn interesting, and I'm curious as to how it will go beyond when none of the others are around her anymore or as much.
Or we can have some Amidora instead :3

I'd LOVE that
Old 2009-02-06, 10:59   Link #333
Fran~
floating away...

Ami's attack on Ryuuji's psyche was amazing... that girl is pure win and the kind of woman who can read everyone as an open book. Bad thing to her that Ryuuji don't pay any attention to her, because she is correct about Ryuuji's worries.
Old 2009-02-06, 12:19   Link #334
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Or we can have some Amidora instead :3

I'd LOVE that
Quite like something I'd want, but nah I feel like it won't make sense. At least for the name. Or have the series like how Ami says it herself: "Start from scratch and let me in."

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-02-07, 00:18   Link #335
shinryou
--- semi-hikikomori ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Quite like something I'd want, but nah I feel like it won't make sense. At least for the name. Or have the series like how Ami says it herself: "Start from scratch and let me in."
yes yes, if only Ami had arrived earlier.... then maybe...

"can't get away... from the sound of life..." - shinryou
Old 2009-02-07, 20:33   Link #336
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I've come full circle on Ami. I disliked her at first, but I've come to regard her as a co-favorite with Miniroin. She seemingly has the world at her feet - she's seventeen, impossibly beautiful, rich and can talk the white off rice. But she's terribly insecure and plainly wants nothing more than to have someone love her for who she really is. Lots of people covet her - with the boys it's sex, with the girls it's about basking in her glow (and the effect she has on the boys). But no one sees past her veneer to the person underneath, and she knows it.
Old 2009-02-08, 15:07   Link #337
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I really like Ami too, she's the only character who actually keeps on trying to convey her feelings to the one she loves. The others are all together all the time and beat around the bush, changing the relationships between them and making things much more complicated than they originally were.
Old 2009-02-15, 15:20   Link #338
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I've come full circle on Ami. I disliked her at first, but I've come to regard her as a co-favorite with Miniroin. She seemingly has the world at her feet - she's seventeen, impossibly beautiful, rich and can talk the white off rice. But she's terribly insecure and plainly wants nothing more than to have someone love her for who she really is. Lots of people covet her - with the boys it's sex, with the girls it's about basking in her glow (and the effect she has on the boys). But no one sees past her veneer to the person underneath, and she knows it.
and that's why she needs Ryuuji to fill in that gap...it's a shame he doesn't see her the same way, i really do wish he gets with her instead because if anything, that's what Ami really needs (i don't see what he sees in minori....*sigh*)
Old 2009-02-15, 15:39   Link #339
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
(i don't see what he sees in minori....*sigh*)
Simple... Minori never teased him as Ami did it...

So, he is comfortable with her and not with Ami. He even prefers Taiga's "ill treatment" than Ami's teasing... Ryuuji's heart is not made to be teased the way Ami teased him.
Old 2009-02-15, 16:16   Link #340
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'd ask what kind of masochist takes abuse over teasing...but I'm such a good guy that I won't ask after all
So,am I the only one who thinks that Ami kinda ditched Ryuuji at the party?
Closed Thread

Tags
characters