AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 6 13.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 11.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 18.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 16.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 13.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.33%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-06, 12:50   Link #21
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
shame they didn't have Lynn in the anime, she would of defended Karl or saved him from getting bitch slapped or maybe even double teamed one of those officers with him
Oh please.. Lynn is too great a character to be in the anime.
And what's that? a suggestion that the side-characters get fleshed out? Nonsense!

Ah well, I like to start my first thread posts on a positive note but it's a bit hard here. Watching this episode was sight-inducing.

So everybody is already keen to forgive Faldio and deem him a hero despite all he has done? I guess the animation crew just can't give up fetishing their Mary Sue.
Good thing the military setting can't be taken seriously, because that's a whole platoon getting court-martialed for mutiny right there otherwise. At least this time they stood up for Alicia though; on the other hand the punch that should have been destined to Faldio ended up wasted on some unnamed unimportant Gallian officer.

Next up lots of Selveria flashbacking! ...and hopefully the Siege of Ghirlandio gets wrapped up and the story moves on.
Oh boy, I can already feel denial creeping up these boards...
Old 2009-09-06, 13:01   Link #22
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
I guess the animation crew just can't give up fetishing their Mary Sue.
on the other hand the punch that should have been destined to Faldio ended up wasted on some unnamed unimportant Gallian officer.
it obvious that the animation crew is so in love with Faldio. I am amazed they didn't make him win in the love triangle ... wait a minute, there is still a chance for that.
Old 2009-09-06, 13:08   Link #23
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
So everybody is already keen to forgive Faldio and deem him a hero despite all he has done? I guess the animation crew just can't give up fetishing their Mary Sue..

Do you think the anime crew has the balls to give us a different Faldio ending instead of staying loyal to the game?

After this episode l think so.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
same here! I don't want that to happen.
lf you need a hug after next saturday's ep, l'm here for yah
Old 2009-09-06, 13:13   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Do you think the anime crew has the balls to give us a different Faldio ending instead of staying loyal to the game?

After this episode l think so.....
Faldio will have the super happy ending surrounded by rainbows, flowers and bunnies.
Old 2009-09-06, 13:21   Link #25
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Faldio will have the super happy ending surrounded by rainbows, flowers and bunnies.
Seems like the only logical conclusion.

He'll probably end up with a Harem. A harem of Squad 7 girls. The guys in charge of this anime are sick enough to do it too.
Old 2009-09-06, 14:55   Link #26
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post

He'll probably end up with a Harem. A harem of Squad 7 girls. The guys in charge of this anime are sick enough to do it too.
That's too much of a happy ending. Make of those 7 girls - 7 sweaty sumo wrestlers instead. That suits him better His original squad consisted out of matcho's, so let it stay so please XD. This harem suits him more then enough. Although, he needs more punishment for being such a lame character.
Old 2009-09-06, 15:29   Link #27
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
it obvious that the animation crew is so in love with Faldio.
Let's start a Fabio Fan Club! Who wants to join?

Quote:

Aisha thinks Fabio is scary too.

Last edited by Sassarai; 2009-09-06 at 15:40.
Old 2009-09-06, 15:43   Link #28
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Let's start a Fabio Fan Club! Who wants to join?
Some clubs should never get the chance to exist. This would be one of them.
Old 2009-09-06, 15:48   Link #29
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Faldio's fapboys in the studio are already more than enough.
Old 2009-09-06, 17:24   Link #30
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Lol.
Old 2009-09-06, 18:04   Link #31
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
So everybody is already keen to forgive Faldio and deem him a hero despite all he has done? I guess the animation crew just can't give up fetishing their Mary Sue.
Well you can't argue the results. It did ended up saving them

though

Spoiler:

Quote:
Good thing the military setting can't be taken seriously, because that's a whole platoon getting court-martialed for mutiny right there otherwise. At least this time they stood up for Alicia though; on the other hand the punch that should have been destined to Faldio ended up wasted on some unnamed unimportant Gallian officer.
I question the maturity and mentality of these high ranking officers getting into a slap fight.

Now I never was in the military but I'm pretty sure that while a platoon would get court-martialed I don't think the higher ranking officer would get off that easily.
Old 2009-09-06, 19:00   Link #32
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Mutiny is usually treated as treason. So, yeah.
Old 2009-09-06, 19:05   Link #33
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Well you can't argue the results. It did ended up saving them

though

Spoiler:
Since we are here, how come he gets released from jail as he hasn't been put on court-martial for what he's originaly accused of? There's a real lack of discipline in that stupid army as well as for Princess Cordelia being a big zero in applying laws written by her predecessors way before her. I don't give a rat's about results: military law has been violated, you go to jail, period.

Quote:
I question the maturity and mentality of these high ranking officers getting into a slap fight.
For the maturity/mentality stuff, that's what happen when the army is led by incompetent sons of *censored* who have no sense of acting as true leaders. What's even sadder is that before the incompetence of Gen. Damon, neither Princess Cordelia nor people from the high command above Damon had the guts to remove him from his commanding position when there are signs of weaknesses, lack of discipline or failure on the field.

BTW, I really wanted Faldio to get Welkin's punch too.
Old 2009-09-06, 19:21   Link #34
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

"I don't give a rat's about results: military law has been violated, you go to jail, period."

Ah, but that's not how the military works. You probably heard of this saying (or something like it): there are three ways of doing things: the right way, the wrong way, and the Army way.

Results do matter, and it is up to the wisdom of the officers in charge of the trial to gauge both sides of the scale, although I will admit: your results had better be substantial to have a chance to counter a charge of treason.
Old 2009-09-06, 19:53   Link #35
Father Hentai

Quote:
on the other hand the punch that should have been destined to Faldio ended up wasted on some unnamed unimportant Gallian officer.
First of all, Damon deserved the punch for influencing Alicia in the last episode.
The officer deserved the punch too, because he is an idiotic fellow runner. Wasn' t wasted from my point because the officer is stupid enough to get caught in a brawl instead of using his command authority.
And Faldio. Yeha. He deserved a punch since Fouzen for his recklessness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Since we are here, how come he gets released from jail as he hasn't been put on court-martial for what he's originaly accused of? There's a real lack of discipline in that stupid army as well as for Princess Cordelia being a big zero in applying laws written by her predecessors way before her. I don't give a rat's about results: military law has been violated, you go to jail, period.
If Cordelia is the highest in command in state of war, then she can order that prisoners can move freely in the camp. In addition to the regular warfare rules, officers or soldiers with command authority are to be treated other than regular soldiers. So it may be that Cordelia possible has given orders that he can freely move within the camp. What should he do? Run away? Then he will either got shot by the imps or the fools.

Last edited by Father Hentai; 2009-09-06 at 20:07.
Old 2009-09-06, 22:02   Link #36
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Oh it should exist and they'll join alright.....they'll join.

Spoiler for if you build it, they will join:
Old 2009-09-06, 23:14   Link #37
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Ah, just make an anti-Faldio fanclub. That'll get the fans in.

PS: don, love your avatar. Especially if it's Jane.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-09-06, 23:59   Link #38
Snowman24

Lol, just a thought...how many times have they had a moment where a character runs away from another??.

I've just been thinking that Valkyria Chronicles has done that ALOT in their series, maybe alittle too much. Like Alicia running away from Welkin, Ramal running away from Isara, Alicia running away from Faldio.

never counted though.
Old 2009-09-07, 01:14   Link #39
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
For the maturity/mentality stuff, that's what happen when the army is led by incompetent sons of *censored* who have no sense of acting as true leaders. What's even sadder is that before the incompetence of Gen. Damon, neither Princess Cordelia nor people from the high command above Damon had the guts to remove him from his commanding position when there are signs of weaknesses, lack of discipline or failure on the field.
Let's be fair here, even if they did who would they put in charge?

Quote:
The officer deserved the punch too, because he is an idiotic fellow runner. Wasn' t wasted from my point because the officer is stupid enough to get caught in a brawl instead of using his command authority.
I actually had a good impression of that officer.....

What's sad is seeing such a high ranking officer get into a brawl with "militia men" while being surrounded by army soldiers. This whole charade kinda destroys the military atmosphere.

Imagine if it was an actual military base (Say US) and a general got into a slapfight with a platoon.
Old 2009-09-07, 01:37   Link #40
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

Imagine if it was an actual military base (Say US) and a general got into a slapfight with a platoon.
Just about impossible.

Mecha surfing in the air are more likely IMO.