AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-09-20, 22:06   Link #1
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Rate these 2 Japanese artists:

Asian Kung-Fu Generation
L'Arc~en~Ciel

If you listen to them, please rate them out of 10.

*Is downloading both of their CDs*
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 23:10   Link #2
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I've only heard a small bit of Asian Kung-Fu Generation from a friend. It wasn't really my cup of tea.
Old 2004-09-20, 23:44   Link #3
phoenixfire92983

Send a message via ICQ to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via AIM to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via MSN to phoenixfire92983
*Asian Kung-fu Generation all the way!!!!! I'd give AKG a 9+ cause they're singles keep getting better and better! Way too many people stereotype AKG because they did the song "haruka kanata" for Naruto. I promise right now, that that song is nothing compared to the rest of their collection. If you want a real taste, try "Flash Back", "Mirai no Kakera", "Loop and Loop", "Rewrite", and "Kimi no Machi Made"! I also love how AKG isn't the typical rock band that dresses up in leather and makeup. The guys just dress in their regular clothes, act pretty down to earth, and Gotoh always seems to make the audience laugh at concerts. They have a lot going for them and even Oricon is highly recommending their latest single, "Kimi no Machi Made".

*L'arc en Ciel is probably a 8ish. They have some good stuff too, but they're more hard core than AKG. Probably my fav. song by them is "ready, steady, go", not because it was on FMA, but because its lighter than some of their other stuff. "Revelation" was pretty good too. But yeah, AKG still wins against laruku anyday for me
phoenixfire92983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 00:21   Link #4
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

I prefer Asian Kung-Fu Generation, if only because their music has less of the abrasive rock that L'arc has.
crumja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 20:30   Link #5
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixfire92983
*Asian Kung-fu Generation all the way!!!!! I'd give AKG a 9+ cause they're singles keep getting better and better! Way too many people stereotype AKG because they did the song "haruka kanata" for Naruto. I promise right now, that that song is nothing compared to the rest of their collection. If you want a real taste, try "Flash Back", "Mirai no Kakera", "Loop and Loop", "Rewrite", and "Kimi no Machi Made"! I also love how AKG isn't the typical rock band that dresses up in leather and makeup. The guys just dress in their regular clothes, act pretty down to earth, and Gotoh always seems to make the audience laugh at concerts. They have a lot going for them and even Oricon is highly recommending their latest single, "Kimi no Machi Made".

*L'arc en Ciel is probably a 8ish. They have some good stuff too, but they're more hard core than AKG. Probably my fav. song by them is "ready, steady, go", not because it was on FMA, but because its lighter than some of their other stuff. "Revelation" was pretty good too. But yeah, AKG still wins against laruku anyday for me
Very helpful, and I have to agree now that I've listened to both. Rewrite, yeah!
Old 2004-09-22, 21:34   Link #6
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixfire92983

Ahhh! You have such good taste! Flash Back, Rewrite, and Loop and Loop are all some of my favorite AKFG songs! I know less L'arc than I do AKFG, but from what I've heard, I like Ready Steady Go, Under Star, and Coming Closer a lot. I need to listen to more of both groups, though.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 22:17   Link #7
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Which song is Loop and Loop? Most of the songs are in Japanenglish. (Japanese words in english letters.)
Old 2004-09-23, 22:37   Link #8
phoenixfire92983

Send a message via ICQ to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via AIM to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via MSN to phoenixfire92983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflip
Which song is Loop and Loop? Most of the songs are in Japanenglish. (Japanese words in english letters.)
Not sure what song you're recalling here, or what you mean. All they're latest stuff, except "Hold Me Tight", is in japanese.

To listen to Loop and Loop, click on the link below!
http://www.akfgfan.com/music.html

Note: These are streaming wma samples, not mp3s!
phoenixfire92983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 03:09   Link #9
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
AKFG-9/10
L'arc en Ciel-9/10
They both rock,seriously.The lead singer from L'arc en Ciel's voice sounds a bit weird in some of the songs,but for most of the band's other songs,his voice just compliments them even more.
A band which calls itself 'Asian Kung-Fu Generation ' can't be bad.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 02:55   Link #10
GoldenBoy99

You gotta love "Driver's High", though. One of the best anime songs IMO.
GoldenBoy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 03:11   Link #11
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

I've loved both bands since the first time I've heard them. Haruka Kanata for AKFG and Driver's High for L'Arc. If I had to give one band the edge over the other I'd prolly pick L'Arc, since they are so diverse. AKFG, as much as I like them, are kind of a one-trick pony. It's a nice trick, don't get me wrong... It's just not very flashy. ^^
LiQuid|J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 03:43   Link #12
ranmaaddict
Rumiko no Korikatamari

Send a message via Yahoo to ranmaaddict
I'd rate AKFG an 8/10. They're good. But not for my addiction.

L'arc en Ciel would be... 7.5/10 Jiyuu eno Shotai is the only one that rocks for me.

I'd recommend Bump of Chicken, The Pillows and Orange Range.
ranmaaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 23:47   Link #13
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranmaaddict
I'd rate AKFG an 8/10. They're good. But not for my addiction.

L'arc en Ciel would be... 7.5/10 Jiyuu eno Shotai is the only one that rocks for me.

I'd recommend Bump of Chicken, The Pillows and Orange Range.
"Bump for Chicken"... that name is even worse than Asian Kung-Fu Generation...

But I will check it out if you say it's better than AKG.