AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-15, 18:08   Link #1
marvelB

Nanatsu no Taizai (The Seven Deadly Sins) [Manga]

New series a-go!

So far a typical fantasy story from what I've read (just finished the first chapter so far), but what's important is the series' author. Yes, it's freaking Nakaba Suzuki, aka the KONGOU BANCHOU creator. Admittedly, I haven't seen many hulking dudes yet (there's one villain from the first chapter who's pretty huge though), maybe that will be remedied as the series progresses (and doesn't get canceled). But even then, I wouldn't be too worried since Suzuki can draw some damn fine action scenes regardless of the characters' size (anyone who's seen his short-lived Jump series Ultra Red should agree with me here). And so, here I cross my fingers on what will hopefully be an awesome action series with a decent length.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 19:15   Link #2
marvelB

Okay, I finished the other 2 chapters. Chapter 3 had a dude who could chuck a spear several miles away with enough force to destroy an entire village. Yep, sounds right up my alley, all right.

Also, I imagine a lot of people will like the princess and the talking pig (but mainly the princess, I reckon). I'm looking forward to the rest of the Deadly Sins' introductions, personally.....
Old 2012-11-15, 19:24   Link #3
Mazus

Judging by the namedrop it seems that we might see an appearance by a young king by the name of Arthur sometime down the line.
Mazus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 20:30   Link #4
florza
一日之计在于晨

I thought this was going to be about Seven Deadly Sins, but then I remembered it wasn't a manga or LN.
florza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 19:52   Link #5
marvelB

It took a bit of a while, but translated chapter 4 is out now!

There was little action this chapter, but it was still amusing (and filled with perverted gags!). And hey, we're already introduced to another of the Sins, so at least the plot is moving along nicely.

BTW, I had a good chuckle when I noticed that some of those fake princesses looked like they were enjoying themselves quite a bit following Meliodas' indecent orders.
Old 2012-11-24, 10:42   Link #6
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

"You cheater" defines chapter 5 perfectly, furthermore it looks like chapter 6 is going to be pretty awesome.
Old 2012-11-24, 15:44   Link #7
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Decided I'd try this out and glad I did , it's not half bad at all.
A pig mascot that is a tsukkomi and not just cute all the time, that's gotta be a winner right there
The setting is interesting enough but can't say the plot is all too original altho it's not bad.

Can't wait to see the other sins, for obvious reason I'm looking forward to the dark haired beauty the most but old geezers are also ones to look forward to as well, they tend to be kick ass the most even if only for a little abit.
Old 2012-11-24, 18:42   Link #8
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Hmm cool series might stick around for a bit longer and see how it goes
Old 2012-11-24, 19:03   Link #9
Iron Maw
Banned

I'm liking this trend of non-weak underdog shounen leads we have being getting this last couple of years. That reference to the "Legend of King Authur" was pretty interesting, looking forward to how it ties to the plot.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 21:21   Link #10
marvelB

Well.... nice to see that Diane most certainly DOES represent the sin of "envy".

Anyways, things sure are moving along nicely. Two of the seven are already united, and it looks like we've already got our first boss battle, to boot! Can't wait for the next chapter! I just hope this series doesn't end up being as short (or heaven forbid, SHORTER) than Kongou Banchou......
Old 2012-11-25, 12:08   Link #11
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Wonder what the deal is with their wanted posters looking so different from their real selves...

Yes...I am hooked on this manga now...I blame Marvel...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 12:20   Link #12
Mazus

I think it's because they were expected to actually age during the 10 year period they were in hiding.
Mazus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 14:32   Link #13
Iron Maw
Banned

That scene with the Holy Knight leader was surprisingly brutal. Though did some really need like impale a guy with like 30 weapons? Then again with how superhuman Knights are in this series...

I'm surprised Diane does not take offense at people calling her "Lord".
Old 2012-11-25, 14:38   Link #14
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
That scene with the Holy Knight leader was surprisingly brutal. Though did some really need like impale a guy with like 30 weapons? Then again with how superhuman Knights are in this series...
Old 2012-11-25, 14:54   Link #15
Iron Maw
Banned

So, it's a "no kill" like "overkill" thing, huh?
Old 2012-11-25, 15:11   Link #16
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
So, it's a "no kill" like "overkill" thing, huh?
Think it's more for the insult and fear...they not only killed the guy but also skewered him and put his corpse up for display.

"They must be strong to do that to a man that strong."
"How dare they desecrate his body."

Were probably the responses they were looking for.
Just speculation though.
Old 2012-11-25, 16:53   Link #17
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Yes...I am hooked on this manga now...I blame Marvel...

Mission accomplished.

That being said, I wonder if it'll be revealed that the talking pig will be more than just a comic relief character? Like maybe he'll turn out to be some legendary creature in disguise (like a unicorn or dragon or something), or will somehow provide a huge power-up to the seven sins later in the series? I could actually see something like that happening.....
Old 2012-11-25, 18:01   Link #18
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Mission accomplished.

That being said, I wonder if it'll be revealed that the talking pig will be more than just a comic relief character? Like maybe he'll turn out to be some legendary creature in disguise (like a unicorn or dragon or something), or will somehow provide a huge power-up to the seven sins later in the series? I could actually see something like that happening.....
I dunno about Hork, one way is yes he could be some legendary creature in disguise but since he has a mother, I kinda doubt that happening, unless momma is also legendary.
But thats another old troupe isn't it, some legendary creature cursed to take the form of a much lesser being.

Btw I'm thinking that Merl(the black haired beauty, I know that might not be her name but just going by whats on her wanted poster atm) might be a centaur.
I'm guessing this going by the pic of the knights in chapter 5 with the person on the left being her.
She's wearing a skirt that by looks of it is still a fair bit off the ground and also the author hasn't drawn her legs and feet, so I'm taking that as further indication.
Monster girls seem to be gathering interest these days so I'm betting we'll see more of such characters in more stories in the future.
Old 2012-11-25, 18:06   Link #19
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Btw I'm thinking that Merl(the black haired beauty, I know that might not be her name but just going by whats on her wanted poster atm) might be a centaur.
I'm guessing this going by the pic of the knights in chapter 5 with the person on the left being her.
She's wearing a skirt that by looks of it is still a fair bit off the ground and also the author hasn't drawn her legs and feet, so I'm taking that as further indication.
Monster girls seem to be gathering interest these days so I'm betting we'll see more of such characters in more stories in the future.
How bout Merlin? And she's floating cause...magic and shit?
Old 2012-11-25, 18:17   Link #20
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
How bout Merlin? And she's floating cause...magic and shit?
Well the name Merlin occurred to me cause of the Arthur mention, so it's possible she may be involved there but floating and stuff, that rarely happens with such characters especially if they are Knights.
Knights don't float, they wade into battle on foot or horseback.
Only time a Knight flies into battle is on the back of a big ass fire-breathing dragon!

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen