AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-17, 17:15   Link #361
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Spotpass characters also suffer from MUCH lower defensive stats, unless I'm missing someone that's sporting 63 DEF/60 RES (Gaius fathered Nah paired with Rank A/S support Sorcerer)
Comparing a 2nd gen character to any non-Avatar 1st gen character isn't exactly fair. Their cap modifiers are actually no different from other regular characters.

Supports also add only +2 to Pair Up bonuses, so their difference is still negligible.

Quote:
Demon Fighter is kinda meh on Lunatic, where you're outnumbered around 3:1. +10 ATK on your turn ain't as good when the strategy of choice is let all their units pound on a pair of your units that they have no hope of killing (usually via self healing, aka. Sol or Nosferatu/Aversa's Night).
On Lunatic your units are still powerful enough wipe out anyone in the main game, the Spotpass teams, and the DLC content. The entire reason why Galeforce is such a good skill is because your units are strong enough to trigger it reliably.

Also, as I have said before, it's not just 10 ATK. If you double, that's +20 damage. If you double with a Brave weapon or Mire (which all can be easily purchased), that's +40 damage. There are very few units that your properly trained units should have "no hope of killing".

Quote:
Bride though... they push Sorcerers over the top as they give them the stats they need (MAG for damage, SPD to double attack, LCK so they use Aversa's Night with impunity). For example, a sorcerer Morgan-M, MAG asset/LCK flaw, fathered by Chrom sports 44 SPD and 44 LCK. Pairing that Morgan with a rank A Bride support gives him 51 SPD (exactly enough SPD to double attack those pesky Lethality-skilled Assassins) and 51 LCK (infinite Aversa's Night via Armshthrift). The extra 7 MAG at this point is just a bonus.

Their Rally is an inferior version of Rally Spectrum, but its good enough if you plan on getting them other Rally skills.
Bride is pointless as a unit when you can get the same Pair Up boosts from Dark Flier which has better caps and movement.

The selling point of Rally Love however is not the stat boost but the movement increase on top of it.

--------------------------------------

Quote:
If you use only Rally Spectrum and Rally Love, then all you have is +6 to all stats. Which is exactly the same for a Rally Love/STR/SPD/MAG Manakete to the relevant offensive stats, which is all you really need. On top of that you have no fear of putting your Rallyer Manakete in the heat of battle, because the AI is dumb enough to target lower defense units that they can't kill via selfhealing, rather than high defense units they can wear down.

Besides, Galeforce, Tomefaire, Armsthrift leaves you no slots for damage skills, just to take Sorcerer as an example. And that's not going to the fact that you're still wasting an attack turn of what is arguably your strongest unit when you do Rally. :shrug:
This is why you use the Spotpass units to Rally instead of wasting a Player Phase on your main characters that can actually fight.

Quote:
Biggest problems in Lunatic are hordes of...
3) Swordmasters - if you're unlucky enough, multiple Astrals in a row will be enough to burst down Sol-based units (theoretically even Aversa's Night-based units, but I haven't seen it happen yet )

2) Warriors - counter will kill your unit if multiple units melee up. Kind of like suicide bombers lol

1) Assassins - 12% chance of instadeath? yeah frigging nasty, absolute priority to kill these units on your own turn in their 'blindspots' (goodness gracious I have yet to run into Lethality/Levin Sword Assassins... THAT would suck XD)
None of these are actual problems on Lunatic because you don't see them until lategame where your units are powerful enough to kill all of them with Galeforce units. Even without it... you have characters that can still avoid even Swordmasters reliably with a Superior Edge/Swordbreaker or a decently paired up Lance unit.

They only become real problems on Lunatic+ where you get enemies with Hawkeye, Luna+ and/or Counter even during the earlygame.

Quote:
And guess what? Swordmasters/Assassins sport 46 SPD, and getting to 51 SPD makes dealing with them so much easier. As such, a Vaike fathered Mercenary Severa NEEDS to have a pair up that gives speed (having only 46 SPD herself), and the only ones that give SPD and STR are Zerkers/Dread Fighter/Taguel.
Or the more popular option would be to let Lon'qu father Severa for the Spd she needs.

But even in your case, you are wrong because there are a number of other classes that give Severa the +5spd she needs to double Swordmasters and Assassins.

All you need is a class that gives +1 to Spd during Pair Up. An A/S support increases that to +3, and just having the supporting Pair Up unit over 30Spd gives another +3 Spd for a total of +6 Spd to Severa.

Great Lord, Grandmaster, Paladin, Swordmaster, Hero, Assassin, Falcon Knight, Dark Flier, Trickster, Bow Knight, Valkyrie, Taguel, Berserker, Taguel, and Dread Fighter all satisfy the requirement. If you want to be picky and Pair Up with classes and offer both Str and Spd, you still forget that Paladin and Grandmaster can do the job.

Quote:
If you give Donnel to Nah, by contrast, you gain nothing from infinite durability dragonstone+, and the POW of dragonstone+ is weak compared to a lot of Rank A/forged Rank B weapons. This is partly due to not having a faire skill, essentially making it a 7 POW weapon (that's weaker than a Steel Sword!), and activating Galeforce with only that much power is hard. From personal experience btw, as in my first game I gave Donnel to Nah... biggest mistake I made simply because everyone was saying how great it was. What they failed to mention was that stat caps make her largely ineffective on the offense once every enemy maxes their stats. XD
So what to do with Nah if she's no good offensive? Make use of her EXTREME defense and relative lack of weakeness (seriously, how many enemies use Wyrmslayers late game?) by making her your Rallyer, and to do this your only choice is to have Gaius father her.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. You can have Kellam father Nah, which will give her higher Def caps on top of Rally Defense and Rally Magic.

Quote:
Also, problem is that +10 to max stats DLC hasn't been released yet, AFAIK unless I missed it. Besides, if we factor that in, does it matter whether ANYONE gets fathered by who? It's like asking someone how to powergame in classic... in that case, does it REALLY matter what you do in the end?
Yes it does, because some of the future DLC like the Future of Despair series and the Strongest One's name pose a challenge even with Limit Breaker capped characters.

Quote:
I personally like Chrom as Great Lord. SPD/LCK makes him almost a perfect pair up for a Sorcerer Avatar, and Dual ATK/Dual Guard/Charm still helps even when he is the inactive half of a pair.
Considering a Sorceror offers Mag and Def/Res to Chrom, that's far from a perfect pairing. An ideal pair would give good bonuses to both units if they had to lead at one point.

But then even in the case where you want your Sorceror Avatar to always be leading, there are better supporting classes that add both Mag and Spd unlike Chrom, such as Grandmaster, Valkyrie, Trickster, Bride, and Dark Flier.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 22:30   Link #362
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

A witch is fine too.

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 23:38   Link #363
Shadow5YA

Yes... fine indeed.

Old 2013-03-18, 02:03   Link #364
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

With fanart this good I probably should give in to this pairing...

Old 2013-03-18, 16:36   Link #365
Alchemist007
*Author

All of a sudden I'm paying attention to this thread again.
Old 2013-03-18, 23:02   Link #366
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I've never thought of Lon'qu/Olivia before... might do it... but....

WHERE THE HELL IS MY CHROM/CORDELIA SUPPORT!
Old 2013-03-18, 23:23   Link #367
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
I've never thought of Lon'qu/Olivia before... might do it... but....
From what I've heard, Lon'qu doesn't have that... 'response' with Olivia that he has with other women.
Old 2013-03-18, 23:45   Link #368
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
From what I've heard, Lon'qu doesn't have that... 'response' with Olivia that he has with other women.
Well.... that further cements that couple... but I was actually thinking of going with Lon'qu/Cherche, since the time before I had done Lon'qu/Panne... only to find out the Support Convos with Lon'qu/Cherche talks abit about Lon'qu's past.... not sure if any of the others do or not~
Old 2013-03-18, 23:49   Link #369
Shadow5YA

Quote:
WHERE THE HELL IS MY CHROM/CORDELIA SUPPORT!
I've mentioned this before, but in the original Fire Emblem world with Marth (and its DS remakes), there were two Pegasus Knights (well... there were more, but they were the first two).

The first one that joins Marth is named Caeda (JP name Shiida/Sheeda). She is the first Pegasus Knight to join your Lord's army and has extremely high Spd and Skl growths with low Str growth, much like Sumia in this game.

The second one to join Marth is named Catria. She is the second Pegasus Knight to join, and she has well rounded growths, much like Cordelia. She has an unrequited love for the Lord and cannot form Supports with him. In her Support conversations with other characters, it turns out she never had the courage to directly confess.

Cordelia is pretty much a direct reference to Catria.
Old 2013-03-18, 23:53   Link #370
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

i marry Lon'qu to Cherche on my lunatic run. i find Lon'qu is very fitting for Cherche's husband;
they're kind of cute together.

i marry Lon'qu to Cordelia on my normal run. plain old convo; nothing to look forward too...lol.
all Cordelia do is....Chrom this and chrom that.... and it's even more funnier when you get
Severa. she is piss off at Cordelia because of Chrom this and chrom that all day long..

Quote:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Frederick! you sly dog. how dare you steal Olivia. i shall have your head! *jealous*
Old 2013-03-18, 23:56   Link #371
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
Frederick! you sly dog. how dare you steal Olivia. i shall have your head! *jealous*

T-That's actually Lon'qu~
Old 2013-03-19, 00:09   Link #372
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lon'qu goes well with along of girls because of his tsundere nature Henry is an overall better pimp because of his personality if you ask me

Libra is pretty smooth criminal as well for a priest
Old 2013-03-19, 00:13   Link #373
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

^ Henry..... a pimp?

I've always just paired him with Tharja cause I figured they fit together well~
Old 2013-03-19, 00:18   Link #374
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
^ Henry..... a pimp?

Henry... Has a way with girls That involves blood... And magic... And blood magic !

I'm planning to pair Tharja and Libra... He might be the only one who is unfazed by her
Old 2013-03-19, 00:45   Link #375
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
T-That's actually Lon'qu~
oh man, my mistake....how can i mistaken Lon'qu for Frederick? must be a Frederick magic spell.

i also pair up Tharja with Henry for the OP baby...of course.
EDIT: and i pair up Libra with Lissa...for more OP baby...of course. >___>;
Old 2013-03-19, 02:03   Link #376
Xacual

I paired up Miriel and Henry and was amused by the S support.

Summary: Hey, I'm conducting an experiment on life creation but it's not going well, let's get married and have a kid to try it out.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 02:20   Link #377
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Same as Henry and Nowi.

Lets have lots of children so you wouldn't be lonely!

*And they were at it three times a day...*
Old 2013-03-19, 07:46   Link #378
Iron Maw
Banned

Okay, who the hell thought Paralogue 3 was a good idea? These guys are by far the dumbest NPCs to appear in any game ever.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 09:18   Link #379
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Who ever said shipping was easy? After some revision...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Henry and Lissa work out fine as long as you train and Second Seal him into the mage classes. If you want him to stay as a sword user however... not so much.
Damn, but he's a Myrmidon But I suppose I have more than enough melee...

But then again, Donnel's support conversation with Lissa is rather cute...

Quote:
Gaius and Maribelle's boosts contradict each other. Maribelle gives penalties to Str and boosts to Mag for Brady, but Gaius gives boosts to Str with penalties in Mag.
I heard Ricken might be doable.

Quote:
Gregor and Cherche are fine.

Frederick gives boosts to Str and Def which is fine, but he also has penalties to Spd which may not go well with Panne's Spd boosts.

Vaike and Miriel do not go well together for the same reasons as Gaius and Mirabelle: one gives boosts to Str with penalties in Mag while the other gives Mag but has penalties in Str.
I'm think of keeping Fredrick for Panne despite the speed drop... Hopefully it's not that bad.

I heard Kellam would help Miriel's son in his defense problem...

What about Vaike or Gaius for Cherche?

Quote:
Ricken is kind of pointless for Nowi since Manaketes and their Dragonstones are physical based, so you would want a husband that gives Def and/or Str to Nah. I would recommend Frederick or Kellam for Nowi.
How about Donnel? Or even Henry?

Quote:
After Cordelia and her daughter Severa, you also forgot Sully and her daughter Kjelle, by the way.
I'm thinking of Stahl for Cordelia and Gregor for Sully.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-03-19 at 09:28.
Old 2013-03-19, 11:53   Link #380
GDB

Quote:
Cordelia is pretty much a direct reference to Catria.
She definitely is. The designers said so themselves. Not only that, but in the Knights of Iris book, it showed her original design with blue hair, just like Catria.

Quote:
^ Henry..... a pimp?

I pair him with Sumia every chance I get. Their supports are awesome. He uses dark magic to help people, she admits she always wanted to use Dark Magic, he always wanted to ride a Pegasus, so he uses dark magic to switch their bodies.

Plus, silver haired Cynthia is incredibly cute looking.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, fire emblem