i hope there will be more classic simple unit like lightning gundam

i hate Shout2Win, PlavskyPlotArmor, and super saiyan level power

i want gunpla battle...
ninjastarforcex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 09:55   Link #22
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

What. A. Great. Final. Match.

Six strong pilots and units fight to their fullest, salute for GBFT staffs.

So that's the reason Junya attacking Sekai before.
As someone who once reaching tie against Gunpla Academy, he knew Wilfrid would use that move.
Now I'm seriously looking forward for more Junya appearance on the battlefield, of course with Denial if possible.

The fight was so intense-- definitely a fight worth of final match; I'm not surprised if Wilfrid and Sekai forgot about how much time passed.
Adou & Shia vs. Yuuma & Fumina is gold; loved how Fumina recite "This is sad, but this is war". Quite surprised that "V" inside The End come from a mini-Unicorn.
Not enough with Sekai destroying the moon? Don't worry, now Sekai and Wilfrid destroyed a chunk of Earth-- how the White Tiger vs. Vermillion Bird clash is surely epic.

I still remember they said Yuuma is not creative, ended up questioning his creativity as a builder; its not his forte, they said ...
Now look what comes from 'filler' episode (LOL), three different Gunpla with different mechanism interchangeable without interrupting each other mechanism that surprised even Tatsuya.

Next is the final episode, what kind of surprise will appears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassGSnewtype View Post
They're gonna need to blow the budget on season 3 in order to top this battle. XD
Definitely.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 09:56   Link #23
pampz21
ShipCore

F*ck wheres Sei?Reiji? Its the final episode next week still no cameo from Reiji.

If season 3 does get a greenlit,Please make the MC Reiji and Sei. I know it would be hard making 2 POVs; and I pray it wouldnt be like aldnoah.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 10:13   Link #24
Skaddix

I liked the fight for the most part.

1) Dont know why Saga even has the injury, they blow it up likes it major but at the end he just gets a wrist brace? I was expecting a career ending break (or at least one that would take some time). All it was is a straight nerf to Gunpla Academy.

2) Ugh you cant say Fumina used all her energy then have her cry and have enough energy to move suddenly. Stick to ur guns. Have her get stabbed set off a self destruct or something. Besides that this 2 v 2 fight was great

3) Overtime not enough Gunpla Battle and too much of a light show

4) Stop frakking teasing Sei

5) So does Open = World or are these different
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 10:26   Link #25
Yan3242

2nd time watching this, i found the battle is not that great overall, it has great "omph" but its DBZ "omph", not gundam "omph"

Not much technic, mostly they just close in, hit/destroy each other parts, retreat, kamehameha, parts destroyed, repeat until over.

Especially the extend match, i though its gonna be some epic brawl but nah, again its kamehameha show, it was allright but i wish they give more than just light show.

I think their budget already at critical point and they still have 1 last episode to do so
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 10:46   Link #26
Beefsquatch

The episode was great for the final battle! However I still expected Sekai to do the god palm attack or the multiple copy attack.

lol the mini unicorn inside The End gundam and wow at manuel funnel movement! Also loved the cameo of the winning gundam breaker custom at the end.

I'm sure they are gonna have a s3 cause they still haven't explained Reji enough... Also open tournament is going to be terrifying since -19 is this OP.
Beefsquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 10:51   Link #27
Skaddix

Yeah I think we might be heading into DBZ levels. If you can crack the moon in U19 and do that much damage to the Earth well then by god every fight is going to be in space practically. Good thing Nils added the field reset feature.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 11:25   Link #28
BoyTitan

The music selection killed it for me

All season long the fights had the high paced music and this episode they decide to change stuf wtf. Aside from using the theme in the overtime fight.

Also way to much beam spam for me. I can't get excited about a light show.
Old 2015-03-25, 11:50   Link #29
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The so-called “light show” and “DBZ-ism” in this episode that people are complaining about is really not that different from the final fight of Exia vs. Alvaaron, 00 Raiser vs. Reborn Gundam, Zeta vs. The O, or Gundam Unicorn & Banshee’s last fight against Neo Zeong & Gryps II if you look at it objectively. And the people who complained here actually praised the Tryon 3 episode to high heaven for the same amount of Beam-spam and “light show” just because it pays the most homage to Super-Robot without realizing that Burning Gundam, Gundam The End and (to some extend) Star Winning already represent the Super-Robot element in this show from the start (previously cemented by G-Gundam).
Old 2015-03-25, 12:09   Link #30
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

A little disappointed that Transient Burst ended up being a cut/paste of the Age-FX's burst mode. Aside from that, I thought the final round was handled very well. Now to eagerly await the announcement of season three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The so-called “light show” and “DBZ-ism” in this episode that people are complaining about is really not that different from the final fight of Exia vs. Alvaaron, 00 Raiser vs. Reborn Gundam, Zeta vs. The O, or Gundam Unicorn & Banshee’s last fight against Neo Zeong & Gryps II if you look at it objectively. And the people who complained here actually praised the Tryon 3 episode to high heaven for the same amount of Beam-spam and “light show” just because it pays the most homage to Super-Robot without realizing that Burning Gundam, Gundam The End and (to some extend) Star Winning already represent the Super-Robot element in this show from the start (previously cemented by G-Gundam).

Speaking of Gryps II, did anyone notice the G-Portent's GN Field blocked the Winning Beam in a similar fashion to how the Unicorns held back the colony laser in episode 7?
Old 2015-03-25, 12:16   Link #31
IceHism

That was a fantastic battle. I hope the next epiosde will wrap up all the loose ends for this season. Waiting a season 3 now
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 12:19   Link #32
Wandering Soul

That was an awesome final match. It was easily on par with the Tryon fight and proved that last episode was not filler despite what some may think. Watching all six of those gunpla fight it out was amazing. Easily one of the best fights of both BF and BFT.

I like how Adou's wrist did not end up nerfing him and Try fighters truly did deserve their win. The teamwork between Fumina and Yuuma when they ended up taking on Shia and Adou was great. Fumina's line about what if this was actually gundam was nice too.

I wondered how they were gonna top destroying the moon and they ended up destroying a chunk of the earth. The clash between the Bird and Tiger was epic.

Can't wait to see what they have in store for the last episode. Also stop teasing us with Sei already

Quote:
They're gonna need to blow the budget on season 3 in order to top this battle. XD
Without a doubt that budget is going to be blown completely
Old 2015-03-25, 12:33   Link #33
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix6000 View Post

Speaking of Gryps II, did anyone notice the G-Portent's GN Field blocked the Winning Beam in a similar fashion to how the Unicorns held back the colony laser in episode 7?
Exactly my point. Many people love that Gundam Unicorn + Banshee’s epic last stand against Gryps II. Yet they actually complain about the fight in this GBFT episode despite that “power showdown” being practically the same thing as that “beloved classic”. The same can be said on the similar fights in Gundam 00, Zeta, etc. Yet people choose to bitch on GBFT for doing similar things .
Old 2015-03-25, 12:43   Link #34
VTHokiePride

Perfect episode. Great battle too. Was it a tie or did the Try Fighters win? I'm figured it would end up being a draw then the whole team put what remaining parts they had left into the Try Burning.
Old 2015-03-25, 12:59   Link #35
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Exactly my point. Many people love that Gundam Unicorn + Banshee’s epic last stand against Gryps II. Yet they actually complain about the fight in this GBFT episode despite that “power showdown” being practically the same thing as that “beloved classic”. The same can be said on the similar fights in Gundam 00, Zeta, etc. Yet people choose to bitch on GBFT for doing similar things .
Some need to nitpick and complain for whatever reason. I never understood it personally.
Old 2015-03-25, 13:14   Link #36
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Some need to nitpick and complain for whatever reason. I never understood it personally.
opinion is like asshole, everyone has it and of course, each assholes are different
ninjastarforcex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 13:17   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was an ideal match for this show. Finally you had 3 gunpla and fighters on each side that you knew about and were interested in seeing them fight. Plus this is probably the most teamwork we've seen for some time in this show. There was a good deal of 1v1, but often different individuals were helping their teammates out and thus they were really all just fighting together.

This show went for all the cliches . The power of tears awakening Winning for one finishing move against Shia. Still, props to Hoshino for pulling everything she had into this match and it turning out well. I'm starting to think the real main pairing should now just be these two .

Certainly the final battle was insanely over the top (they destroyed a planet!)but still fun . Kicking up the old OP at the perfect time for just a visuals spectacle of pure insanity. Which worked fine since the Try Fighters were as much a group effort even in that since they stuck everything together. Great planning from Yuuma, it totally worked.

It was just a good episode and whatever we get next time with the Meijin Cup is fine by me.

Well Adou's injury....basically didn't even need to be brought up. It didn't slow him down, he didn't ruin it beyond all repair, and it didn't interrupt the match. Thus....actually kind of pointless.

Seems almost a given they'll toss a season 2 out there with the open tournament. Which I'm fine with since really bringing it back to 1v1 matches seems smart. They just couldn't make team battles work this season most of the time. Usually only had 1 rival gunpla that stood out and the other 2 were fodder. This fight being the exception, or even Tryon-3 because that was a combining fight that was basically 1 v 3.
Old 2015-03-25, 13:48   Link #38
Galaxian

Great battle. I actually like it a lot more than Star Build Strike vs. Exia Dark Matter since this was a straight up fight and didn't have to deal with the whole mind control subplot.

The over-time match and the final shot of Try Burning standing strong were epic, though the Try Fighters were saved by the bell since, if the original match had lasted just one minute longer, Transient would have most likely won.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 13:54   Link #39
Wandering Soul

Yeah one thing that made this fight enjoyable is that it was just two rivals fighting for the sake of thier teams while also just having fun.
Old 2015-03-25, 13:57   Link #40
ImperialKnight

I dunno why people thought this was exciting this battle was pretty boring.

I don't know what's the obsession is with flashy moves and big one-shot attacks where it's just lighting and fires spreading around. With Sekai it was just punch, punch, punch, with flashy gimmicks.

I mean I loved the Renato brothers against the Meijin and Lori against Italy (Forgot his name) because it was all about skill most of the time and not just flashy special moves.
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote