AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-06-24, 10:45   Link #41
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
thevoman - so does this mean that you can find out how to get on their list for the Google stock auction they're going to have later this year? I read (and I could be wrong) that you had to be on some kind of google company list in order to get some type of authorization code in order to participate.
Not thevoman in disguise.

As far as I know, as of June 7th's WSJ, you have to register with one of the banks underwriting the IPO and give the number of shares you're willing to buy and the price you're willing to pay. When bidding is done, Google and the banks will decide on the clearing price at which all of the shares offered will be sold.

Anyone who offered a price below this amount will not get any shares.

It's just an auction really. I expect there'll be people who significantly go over their original magic numbers as a result.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 11:02   Link #42
RichMan
????

How do you sign up for gmail? I went to the site and I don't see any links to register.
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 11:08   Link #43
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
Of course, is there in the gmail site, they want it to be free.

But I think is too much space for an email account, and for people like me with limited bandwith is not a great inprovement to be able to send video files, since the dl time is too long
wat kind of connection you are using? are you a modem user or a lan or wireless?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richman
How do you sign up for gmail? I went to the site and I don't see any links to register.
I believe its not open for subscription... yet...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 11:29   Link #44
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
Mine went to 100 as well! That's just amazing.
AkihaTohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 11:44   Link #45
Ketsu-Kun
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ketsu-Kun Send a message via MSN to Ketsu-Kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richman
As I said earlier, it's in the invite Beta Stage.
Ketsu-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 13:22   Link #46
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
Not thevoman in disguise.

As far as I know, as of June 7th's WSJ, you have to register with one of the banks underwriting the IPO and give the number of shares you're willing to buy and the price you're willing to pay. When bidding is done, Google and the banks will decide on the clearing price at which all of the shares offered will be sold.

Anyone who offered a price below this amount will not get any shares.

It's just an auction really. I expect there'll be people who significantly go over their original magic numbers as a result.
Ahh...ok.
I was thinking the same thing about your last statement. If this is as big as everyone thinks it's going to be, only the big boys/girls will be able to play. However, if by some chance the price is around $20/share, it might not be a bad investment.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 13:47   Link #47
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
My conection is suppose to be dsl, but the max speed I get is 10Kb/s

for a short video send through email (between 1-5Mb) this speed is just fine, but for a 100 Mb video it would take very long.

Anyway I missed an important issue, mail accounts may have huge space, but the file size is always limited, as far as I know, it let you attach up to 10 Mb, so the possiblity of sending 200Mb files seems impossible for now
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 00:19   Link #48

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma
I've got a G-mail account with like a gig of storage and 10 meg e-mails. It's quite nice. Anyways does anyone know how I could access my g-mail with Thunderbird, or if that's even possible?
(I've been gone for a couple weeks if anyone cared why I wasn't posting)
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 00:52   Link #49
duskphoenix
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma
I've got a G-mail account with like a gig of storage and 10 meg e-mails. It's quite nice. Anyways does anyone know how I could access my g-mail with Thunderbird, or if that's even possible?
(I've been gone for a couple weeks if anyone cared why I wasn't posting)
This may work.
duskphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 03:31   Link #50
AOforever1

Send a message via AIM to AOforever1 Send a message via MSN to AOforever1
Hmm thats strange... we should ALL have 100 meg accounts...wheather you just signed up or you have been signed up for 5 years.

At first I thought this was just a promation for my SBC DSL... then I was sitting in my computer sci. class at school checking out some stuff from my friend... low and behind he has 100 megs too...
(this is for subaccounts only - also its ad free so theres something good outta it)

If you have the main account you get 2 gigs of mail space. wow... ooo no lol

BUT REALISTICALLY come on! You're not going to full up 100 or 2 gigs worth of mail unless your a photographer working with high quality pics and PSD files.

Anyways I pop forward my mail so it makes no diff.
AOforever1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 06:47   Link #51
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
My conection is suppose to be dsl, but the max speed I get is 10Kb/s

for a short video send through email (between 1-5Mb) this speed is just fine, but for a 100 Mb video it would take very long.

Anyway I missed an important issue, mail accounts may have huge space, but the file size is always limited, as far as I know, it let you attach up to 10 Mb, so the possiblity of sending 200Mb files seems impossible for now
in short terms... you're only using a modem? right?... me my internet speed is only 1-6 kb/s... it's really hard for me to download files especially those files that reach 2 megs... it will take me 4-5mins to download that kind of file...

well sending those 10mb and 200mb files would'nt be hard if you're using a LAN w/ a download speed of 512kb/s...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 20:08   Link #52
Kracus
Cute Killer

Send a message via AIM to Kracus
I have 2 more invites, pm me if you want one.
Kracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 13:16   Link #53
B3H

Msn is starting to do the same thing now. Still its nothin compared to gmail (In my opinion) even though, I probably wont end up using 1gb of email space.
B3H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 23:22   Link #54
nerd
Quite.

Wrong post... no idea how that happened.
nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 23:52   Link #55
Mitsuomi

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuomi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitsuomi
Loyalty?? The reason Yahoo upgraded accounts to 100mb was because they're going to be in competition soon with Microsoft and Google's email. Hotmail is going to be offering 250mb of email space this fall, and gmail is offering 1 gig of email space. Yahoo is just trying to get a head start in the storage space growth. I have 2 yahoo accounts, and they both have been upgraded to 100mb. Unlike yahoo, gmail will be having alot more ads in the emails you submit, and your privacy will be less secure (As said on the Jay Leno show).
Mitsuomi is offline   Reply With Quote