AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-05, 18:48   Link #481
FugibayashiFlower<3

so i head that kyou actually has an after story of herself, where it's setting is when her and tomoya have already become a couple.... source? i saw it on youtube. xD here.

Spoiler for PROOF.:

Can anyone show me where this is? i'd really like to see it for myself.

Be calm in your HEART. {Clannad FTW!<3}
Old 2010-06-05, 23:05   Link #482
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FugibayashiFlower<3 View Post
so i head that kyou actually has an after story of herself, where it's setting is when her and tomoya have already become a couple.... source? i saw it on youtube. xD here.

Spoiler for PROOF.:

Can anyone show me where this is? i'd really like to see it for myself.
I'm not entirely certain, but I believe "Kyou After" is fan-made. I heard a while back that there existed a group that created it but again, I'm not absolutely certain so don't quote me on that

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-06-06, 02:53   Link #483
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

There was a fan made "Kyou After"...that never saw daylight.

This, I haven't heard of though.
Old 2010-06-06, 03:00   Link #484
kyosak
poo

I'm pretty sure there is a fan made game out there.
I remember there was a web page you could purchase the digital version.
Can't find the link anymore for the life of me.

I still have the trial edition on my computer. Never bothered to play it because I didn't like the art for the characters.
Old 2010-06-07, 14:40   Link #485
FugibayashiFlower<3

oh alrighty guys! thank you very much!
if anyone has the link to the fan-made Kyou After, please lemme know. <3

Be calm in your HEART. {Clannad FTW!<3}
Old 2010-08-25, 13:23   Link #486
ThreeWayLover

My favorite charater. I think she is great!
Old 2010-09-26, 11:00   Link #487
keroro gunsou

I love kyou very much. She and Kagami are the best characters of Oneechan!!

And they are the best tsundere characters!!!
Old 2010-09-26, 11:41   Link #488
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
There was a fan made "Kyou After"...that never saw daylight.

This, I haven't heard of though.
That VN does exist.

There is indeed a fan-made two-part Kyou-After where the first part is where Kyou and Tomoya became a couple after Nagisa's death and while Ushio was attending preschool. The second part, which is a sequel, tells how Kyou dealt with pregnancy.

They are both on sale from DLSITE here & here.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2010-09-26, 12:09   Link #489
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
That VN does exist.

There is indeed a fan-made two-part Kyou-After where the first part is where Kyou and Tomoya became a couple after Nagisa's death and while Ushio was attending preschool. The second part, which is a sequel, tells how Kyou dealt with pregnancy.

- Tak
But the VN is actually a hentai novel either way
Old 2010-09-26, 14:28   Link #490
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

Quote:
That VN does exist.

- Tak
Oh my god I'm really tempted to purchase that xD

More like a sex game though, Im going to keep my fingers crossed for the one sex scene we were all hoping was going to happen with the fujibayashi arc in clannad...

Btw, on the picture, I'm sure I can see ushio right at the top.
Old 2010-09-26, 15:15   Link #491
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Purchase? Fuck that, they better have a torrent lying around somewhere.

And for as much as I'd like to see a Kyou After, part of me can't help but feel disgusted that all of these hentai renditions forsake the spirit of the original Clannad. It's not about the sex, it's about the story!
Old 2010-09-26, 15:52   Link #492
zette

I think SJCrew hit the nail on the head there. I love the fact that a Kyou After VN exists, even if it is not an official one from Key, but from the pictures on the site it's pretty obvious that much of the focus is on the sex and the fanservice, while the themes of family have taken a side role, or been shunned completely.

But still, it's interesting that that VN is actually a story of Kyou and Tomoya getting together after Tomoya's death. I think if all the fantastical elements in Clannad such as the light orbs and the Illusionary World were removed, this is a realistic route that the story could have took where Tomoya, after getting over his depression and decides that he is ready to move on, gets together with Kyou who as we know has had feelings for him before.
Old 2010-09-26, 17:56   Link #493
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zette View Post
I think SJCrew hit the nail on the head there. I love the fact that a Kyou After VN exists, even if it is not an official one from Key, but from the pictures on the site it's pretty obvious that much of the focus is on the sex and the fanservice, while the themes of family have taken a side role, or been shunned completely.

Tomoyo After had a lot of sex scenes, but should we immediately categorize it as a H-Game, and neglect its plot completely?

Now, given that I own both games, I can tell you that this VN actually has a pretty good storyline. Sure, it is a far cry from the quality that is Clannad or Tomoyo After, but it provided a fine closure.

Moreover, this is DLSITE, you don't market a product without sex...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2010-09-26, 18:19   Link #494
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:

Also even though this VN has alot of sex scenes I'm assuming. It should have a good story to it... Especially the second one where it includes "family" in its name. I suppose there are going to be some issues with the family, or with the pregnancy of Kyou.
Old 2010-09-26, 22:15   Link #495
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Maybe it's just me, but I think the most interesting route they could have taken this Kyou/Tomoya After Story romance is forking off to different storyline at the point where she is introduced as Ushio's teacher.

From there, she and Tomoya could start keeping in contact under the guise of keeping him up to date with Ushio at school or "emergencies". Then they'll start meeting together, having that whole "it's complicated vibe" before they finally start dating, and she'll act as something of a stepmother/friend to Ushio (totally different from the chemistry between her and Fuko, btw). Along the line, things would get complicated, "I'm still thinking about Nagisa while I'm dating you", blah blah blah.

It seems very vanilla on paper, but I'm picturing this scenario very vividly and it seems like the most structurally sound approach to a Kyou After based on the series canon. I'd completely rule out marriage, though, as it'd seem way too hokey and unrealistic for Tomoya to have moved on that quickly and for them to have a "happily ever after" considering all that happened....bs.
Old 2010-09-27, 01:05   Link #496
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I think the most interesting route they could have taken this Kyou/Tomoya After Story romance is forking off to different storyline at the point where she is introduced as Ushio's teacher.

From there, she and Tomoya could start keeping in contact under the guise of keeping him up to date with Ushio at school or "emergencies". Then they'll start meeting together, having that whole "it's complicated vibe" before they finally start dating, and she'll act as something of a stepmother/friend to Ushio (totally different from the chemistry between her and Fuko, btw). Along the line, things would get complicated, "I'm still thinking about Nagisa while I'm dating you", blah blah blah.
And this about sums the plot of the fan-made Kyou After.

- Tak

Old 2010-09-27, 05:07   Link #497
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
Purchase? Fuck that, they better have a torrent lying around somewhere.

And for as much as I'd like to see a Kyou After, part of me can't help but feel disgusted that all of these hentai renditions forsake the spirit of the original Clannad. It's not about the sex, it's about the story!
I see where your coming from, but I wouldn't judge too quickly, Kanon and Air had many sex scenes, but as we know the storyline is extremely important in both of them, Clannad could just have easily had them.

Since they decided to make it set after Nagisa's death then its probably pretty dramatic.

Btw I'm new, and kinda confused by the rules here, am I allowed to link to a site which has all the CG's? (a lot of it is hentai)
Old 2010-09-27, 05:21   Link #498
Used Can

Quote:
Quote:
Kyou After 2 ~Family Planning more~
Sold .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTRXD View Post
Btw I'm new, and kinda confused by the rules here, am I allowed to link to a site which has all the CG's? (a lot of it is hentai)
Since it's hentai, I think you cannot. But something you can do is PMing it to me.
Old 2010-09-27, 17:58   Link #499
zette

Quote:
Tomoyo After had a lot of sex scenes, but should we immediately categorize it as a H-Game, and neglect its plot completely?

Now, given that I own both games, I can tell you that this VN actually has a pretty good storyline. Sure, it is a far cry from the quality that is Clannad or Tomoyo After, but it provided a fine closure.

- Tak
I wasn't trying to say that a game can't have a good plot if it has a lot of sex scenes. I was just making an assumption from the pictures on the site that they placed the focus on the sex, and when that happens, the quality of the story more often than not suffers. But since you own the game and can vouch for its quality, then I suppose my worries were unfounded. I'd love to play it, if only I knew Japanese...
Old 2010-09-27, 19:51   Link #500
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zette View Post
I wasn't trying to say that a game can't have a good plot if it has a lot of sex scenes. I was just making an assumption from the pictures on the site that they placed the focus on the sex, and when that happens, the quality of the story more often than not suffers. But since you own the game and can vouch for its quality, then I suppose my worries were unfounded. I'd love to play it, if only I knew Japanese...
The only problem was some problems with the drawings they did with Kyou. There were times when she was completely looking out of place from what she did from the VN. Other then that, besides the Sex Scenes. I'm getting good hopes for this fan-fiction VN... Once it gets translated...
Closed Thread