AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-21, 01:01   Link #1381
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
The funniest thing are the OCD fixes they did for the BDs.

Images
Pretty big image
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
"Attention to detail" lol.
Is the white screenshot meant to be a joke, or did I miss out something from the BD-version?

"It's now whiter than white!"

Old 2013-02-21, 08:17   Link #1382
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Is the white screenshot meant to be a joke, or did I miss out something from the BD-version?

"It's now whiter than white!"

It's meant as a placeholder. Episode 1's changes are the left images while episode 2's changes are on the right side. Episode 2 had 5 main changes while 1 had 4, so instead of filling the gap with the texture, whoever made the image just left it as white background.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2013-02-21, 15:28   Link #1383
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
The funniest thing are the OCD fixes they did for the BDs.

Images
Pretty big image
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
"Attention to detail" lol.
I'm probably very tired but aside from the missing number on the clock I don't see any changes on the other screencaps.

EDIT: ok, I didn't notice the small detail zoom next to some shots but that still leaves a few out.
Old 2013-02-21, 23:23   Link #1384
Warm Mist

To be honest I don't notice changes in the two shots of Oreki choosing the "menus", but the other two are changes in the credits (or the removal of them).
Old 2013-02-22, 01:06   Link #1385
kyouray
2D > 3D

Kanji typo (the one in red in the caption beneath the screenshots) in the blue menu.
I congratulate the guys who found these differences. How the hell could they notice this ? Did they pause at each cut with 2 TV side by side or what ? Special software ?
That sure shows how KyoAni (& Takemoto) is meticulous.
Old 2013-02-22, 09:00   Link #1386
whitecloud

well not much of a difference or quality increase?.. at the very least kyoani quality in animation is the best+consistent and it is light years compared to other say..
A-1? (magi...cutboard, can you imagine it...walking still cutboard) which when the quality drop make me want to cry...

P.S : here im wishing all my favorite manga is being animated by them...
Old 2013-02-22, 12:05   Link #1387
Trisection

Isn't A-1 basically the complete opposite of KyoAni in terms of staff consistency? I'm not sure about animators and the digital team but most of the main staff for an A-1 TV series seem to change from show to show.

I remember Sora no Woto having decent animation though, and there's always the Idolm@ster which had a lot of interesting folks on board. I guess it's just a matter of getting the right people plus enough time and budget.

By the way, did Nichijou have any fixes/changes for the home release? Not that there would be any need for it really.
Old 2013-02-22, 13:24   Link #1388
Warm Mist

A-1 is not even a studio in the common sense of the word. It's a production place at most. Aniplex just hires a team and puts them to work in a show, and that's where most A-1 things come from.

Idolmaster was really good probably due to the director being an ex-Gainax and bringing all the gang into the show. Incidentally, two ex-Kyoani guys worked extensively on it too, being Noriko Takao and Yuusuke Matsuo. Also Yokoyama directed an episode... well, yeah, Idolmaster was really an all-stars show. But like you say, it will depend on the people involved (director, chara designer, producer) having enough contacts or influence to bring big shots into the production of a show, and not on the studio having a strong in-house lineup (since A-1 literally has no in-house animators).
Old 2013-02-22, 15:29   Link #1389
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisection View Post
By the way, did Nichijou have any fixes/changes for the home release? Not that there would be any need for it really.
In addition to moving the credits for episodes where there were no OP/ED, the following episodes had changes:
Episode 5 included a new "Sneeze" and "Rock/Paper/Scissors" skit
Episode 17 added a third "Behind the Gym" skit
Episode 25 added three skits throughout the episode.

All of the new skits were included in the "Director's Cut" version, likely to add time when other skits would not fit.

Old 2013-02-24, 21:21   Link #1390
Ragecry

Any hints as to when the (I quote) "long awaited" Gatoh announcement will be made? I kinda don't have a day in my mind if I remember right.

And any news on Tamako Market being licensed for english dub?
Old 2013-02-24, 22:57   Link #1391
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragecry View Post
And any news on Tamako Market being licensed for english dub?
Tamako Market has been licensed in North America by Sentai Filmworks. Sentai has not stated whether or not it will get an English dub.

Old 2013-02-25, 16:02   Link #1392
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragecry View Post
Any hints as to when the (I quote) "long awaited" Gatoh announcement will be made? I kinda don't have a day in my mind if I remember right.
You just had to remind me of that
Old 2013-02-25, 16:16   Link #1393
Ragecry

All my searches direct me to ultimatemegax's blog post on the Haruhi franchise history.

Maybe a hint? lol =P

But I bet it won't be FMP! At least from what I've read across the web.
Old 2013-03-01, 09:38   Link #1394
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

So last August, there was a rumor on the DVD/BD sales liveboard (it's been nuked, so good luck finding the original source thread) regarding Kadokawa properties and KyoAni. There's been tons of rumors regarding what KyoAni's doing next and almost all of them cancel out, which is why I never post any of them. This one's gotten two points right and so it's been spreading around 2ch. I thought I'd TL and post it here. Reminder: THIS IS A RUMOR!
Quote:
I heard an interesting tale regarding some new anime news. I was only able to hear about Haruhi, Miyakawa-ke's Hunger, and Full Metal Panic.

KyoAni only wanted to do one of them. Full Metal would be done with Gatou and the person said the other two would be Ordet, though they're not sure about Haruhi.

They should definitely be working on Full Metal. Chuunibyou's about half-way done (umx note: this was in August 2012)

Though they couldn't say anything for Haruhi, Miyakawa-ke would be streamed first on Nico or some other service before being released as an OVA.

While Tanigawa hopes a third season could be made, KyoAni is reluctant to do it! They feel they moved on once the movie was done. So perhaps the impression is that Yamakan would do it I wonder... I can't remember if Ordet would do it... Sorry that my memory is fuzzy.
And so that's been the rumor I've been keeping track of since last August. The Miyakawa-ke portion has been right on target thus far, but it's still just a rumor. I can't stress that enough. It's something to keep watch on though.

Old 2013-03-01, 09:52   Link #1395
Warm Mist

I can't say I would be delighted with a FMP sequel, but Kyoani going back to mecha action with their current state couldn't possibly be a bad thing.

I guess I'll just patiently wait until their next thing is announced.
Old 2013-03-01, 13:08   Link #1396
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
So last August, there was a rumor on the DVD/BD sales liveboard (it's been nuked, so good luck finding the original source thread) regarding Kadokawa properties and KyoAni. There's been tons of rumors regarding what KyoAni's doing next and almost all of them cancel out, which is why I never post any of them. This one's gotten two points right and so it's been spreading around 2ch. I thought I'd TL and post it here. Reminder: THIS IS A RUMOR!
And so that's been the rumor I've been keeping track of since last August. The Miyakawa-ke portion has been right on target thus far, but it's still just a rumor. I can't stress that enough. It's something to keep watch on though.
I don't know... Remember that Gatoh worked with KyoAni on Hyouka so I wonder if someone assumed that for them to work together it could only mean FMP when in truth it was Hyouka. I personally would love to believe that KyoAni was going back to FMP but I sincerely doubt that we'll ever get more out of the franchise at this point in time.
Old 2013-03-01, 21:26   Link #1397
brocko

Hyouka started April 2012, rumour is supposedly dated August 2012 so whoever cooked it up would've known about Hyouka by then.

While the business and financial reasons for finishing off FMP don't really seem all that sound, I think there's still always the possibility of them making it for the sole purpose because they just simply wanted to.

EDIT:
I didn't know what that Miyakawa-Ke Hunger thing was so I looked it up and it turns out to be the Lucky Star spin-off. If so, it seems there might be some weight behind this rumour after all since there was word going around of Yamakan and Ordet working on that, fitting into the "KyoAni does one, Ordet does the other and Haruhi is up for debate" situation described.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2013-03-02, 14:33   Link #1398
4Tran

Aside from Nichijou, Full Metal Panic is the worst-selling of Kyoto Animation's adapted works. It's also far from the kind of shows they've been working on in the last half-decade. It'd be basically the least likely title for them to work on. The shows existed in the first place to publicize the novels, but the novel series is finished now, so even that reason doesn't exist any more.
Old 2013-03-02, 14:57   Link #1399
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Aside from Nichijou, Full Metal Panic is the worst-selling of Kyoto Animation's adapted works. It's also far from the kind of shows they've been working on in the last half-decade. It'd be basically the least likely title for them to work on. The shows existed in the first place to publicize the novels, but the novel series is finished now, so even that reason doesn't exist any more.
There's the spinoff novel series, Full Metal Panic! Another, as well as the new manga series, Full Metal Panic! Zero that could be promoted. Hyouka's latest novel was ~2 years old when that series aired and Kadokawa started a new manga series to promote it. To me, the biggest challenge would be getting a similar production committee/TV station similar to the first series. S1/TSR were sponsored/aired on WOWOW in 2001/2005 while Fumoffu was sponsored/aired on Fuji TV in 2003. That's the big sticking point in my opinion. Gatoh's definitely willing to work with Takemoto and I can see them pairing up again for his prize work. There's also the fact that this is the 15th anniversary of the first LN being published.

Old 2013-03-02, 15:52   Link #1400
Ragecry

One year that has two Series that fans want to see having "big" anniversaries? Damn 2013.. You're making me mad already.

But if the reason of an on-going novel and sales would count more, Haruhi would be a better pick imo.

Then again, I am a HUGE fan..
Closed Thread

Tags
studios