AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-09, 03:56   Link #3461
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Are you kidding...

Tell me you're lying...

He's virtually perma-banned at high elo.

The last 5 times I've copped one on the other team, they've all been legendary in a space of 7-12 minutes because allies feel obligated to feed him....

Ridiculous escape/initiate, spam, invis....

It's like Rengar all over again...

Lee Sin is getting a deserved nerf. Kha'zix should be with him.

Bans at high elo are now typically: Kha'zix, Riven, Evelynn, Amumu, Pantheon, Twisted Fate, Kassadin
Old 2013-01-09, 04:01   Link #3462
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
The official OGN site schedules the semi final at 06:30 EST (GMT-5) but on Esportsuniverse they state 9:30 GMT which makes no sense.
This is starting in 30 minutes if anyone is interested. It will be two best of 5's between Azubu Froze and Azubu Blaze.
Old 2013-01-09, 04:01   Link #3463
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Lol I havn't been playing ranked games since the start of season 3 XD, seems like the new items are really making an impact to the game~
Though I had been seeing some pretty good Rengar lately XD
Old 2013-01-09, 04:37   Link #3464
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

twitch.tv just started their stream of that OGN semi.

It's somewhat laggy though. Guess it will have to do since OGN's site requires a paid account.

Bans for match 1 - Twisted Fate, Olaf, Lulu, Kha'zix, Evelynn, Shen

Picks:

Frost - Lee Sin, Ezreal, Lux, Rumble, Alistair

Blaze - Miss Fortune, Elise, Kayle, Cho'gath, Taric

CC lockdown vs armor/MR shred.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2013-01-09 at 04:53.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 05:32   Link #3465
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Note that the 2nd set of bo5 will be on another day.

Spoiler for picks&bans game 2:

edit: What the hell is going on in this game ._.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2013-01-09 at 05:58.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 08:37   Link #3466
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Spoiler for the series result so far...:

Edit: They did! And you know what THAT means!!!
Old 2013-01-09, 08:40   Link #3467
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Spoiler for the series result so far...:

Edit: They did! And you know what THAT means!!!
I'm so glad I stayed up to witness that!
Old 2013-01-09, 08:51   Link #3468
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Spoiler for So...:
Old 2013-01-09, 09:38   Link #3469
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Kinda surprised about the Kayle mid picks/bans in all of the 4 draft games. Unfortunately, I only watched the last game so I didn't witness it.

Also, Lulu banned twice? A support? Can't remember the last time that happened. I hope that doesn't mean she's in for some nerfs
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 10:51   Link #3470
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Kinda surprised about the Kayle mid picks/bans in all of the 4 draft games. Unfortunately, I only watched the last game so I didn't witness it.

Also, Lulu banned twice? A support? Can't remember the last time that happened. I hope that doesn't mean she's in for some nerfs
Ambition destroyed with it in one of the games. Kayle is actually quite powerful now.

Lulu banned because Madlife AND Lustboy.
Old 2013-01-10, 01:40   Link #3471
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Kayle legendary skin and new champion Thresh

Also a new Shaco skin came out a few days ago.
Old 2013-01-10, 03:31   Link #3472
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

After seeing his skills he will be soooooo annoying top lane against every melee bruiser. Support might be fun too but I'll hold my judgement on that. Certainly offers quite a bit of utility and might be an option if you don't want to go super all-in with Leona. (/Alistar, /Taric) Perhaps jungle is an option too.

I wish his Q would let you hook yourself to allied minions too but that would be too strong, right Lee Sin?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 03:34   Link #3473
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The difference of opinion on Riven is bewildering. The Koreans don't seem to give a damn about her at all. Yet NA and Europe are going ballistic with her.
Old 2013-01-10, 07:08   Link #3474
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I'll definitely get trash... I mean Thresh. His kit seems interesting enough. Not sure how well you can use the lantern spell when you play with randoms without vent/ts communication, though. I really do like the charging up basic attack, which makes for great harass potential as a support and somehow balances out his bad range of just 475.

In other news, M5 has financial problems, fires lol team.

Last edited by Waven; 2013-01-10 at 07:52.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 08:10   Link #3475
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
The difference of opinion on Riven is bewildering. The Koreans don't seem to give a damn about her at all. Yet NA and Europe are going ballistic with her.
Truth be told, she can hold a 1v2 with relative ease, she farms well and she makes her trades count. Riven is still one of the best bruisers in the game, her kit is made for the role and she can build into many stats over time. Also, bunny Riven.

As for Thresh...I don't believe Riot is actually releasing this thing! Second double dash, in that Q pulls both him and his enemy, first ally grab in W (can it work on many at once? If so, flash+this=4 flashes saved for mass ambush), yet another push-pull skill in E and a normal ultimate. The soul damage is okay, but picking up souls of dead enemies will either be a zoning challenge or an entirely new double jungler system, with this guy picking up camps one after another. Looking forward to his release
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 08:13   Link #3476
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Huh? why? Kha'zix seemed pretty balanced to me, in fact so balanced almost no one play him XD
Nah they need to freakin nerf Irelia... I'm sick of her OP early game. Wasn't morde nerfed for that same reason?
Old 2013-01-10, 08:19   Link #3477
Aesthetic Shampoo

He's not out yet, but Thresh seems...dare i say it...op. His passive provides infinite scaling like nasus but for both offense AND defense, and it's so simple and easy to farm because he doesn't even need to go out of his way for it. Seems like if you get caught by his ult you're dead, simple as that. The fact that its melee range doesn't hinder it at all. He has a gap closer, and if that doesn't work, flash. And all that amour from his passive (and items probably) will ensure he'll stay alive easily while in the midst of the rendered immovable enemy team too.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 10:41   Link #3478
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Truth be told, she can hold a 1v2 with relative ease, she farms well and she makes her trades count. Riven is still one of the best bruisers in the game, her kit is made for the role and she can build into many stats over time. Also, bunny Riven.

That is mostly false, the reason Riven hasn't been picked in tournaments (basically ever) is exactly because she can't be in a 2v1 lane. Her only innate sustain is her HP Regen (which is getting wrecked) which is hardly sufficient to absorb ranged harass, and while her early game is strong, she suffers in a 2v1 lane because she will never get on the ADC with a competent support in the lane, which means Riven will be poked out of lane very rapidly. She also loses to the current powerhouses top (Darius, Olaf, Jax, Garen, just to name a few), so that effects her viability even more.

She also isn't a bruiser, as she can't afford to build defensive stats early without completely gimping her damage mid-late game, which is the exact opposite of basically every bruiser.

She is an AD caster.

Last edited by Fenrir_valindri; 2013-01-10 at 11:00.
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 11:09   Link #3479
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Good Rivens beat all those champs you just listed. wingsofdeathx or Best Riven NA do it regularly, to name a couple. As for the 2v1 issue, she wouldn't be the best farmer under those circumstances, but if you timed Ki Strike and Broken Wings properly, you could do it. That generally is how Riven keeps up the CS when she is pushed back.

And as always, if they 2v1 your top laner, you can always 2v1 their top or their mid.

So....wow...Moscow 5 are cactus? 3rd in the world champs, one of the stronger contenders for Season 3 and now they have no financial backer? You'd think this would be more likely to happen to a team that wasn't successful. These guys dominated S2 in Europe. What happened - poor financial management or has the pack caught up to them too much?

Speaking of which...where is this other organisation those formerly in CLG.eu went to....
Old 2013-01-10, 11:37   Link #3480
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
That is mostly false, the reason Riven hasn't been picked in tournaments (basically ever) is exactly because she can't be in a 2v1 lane. Her only innate sustain is her HP Regen (which is getting wrecked) which is hardly sufficient to absorb ranged harass, and while her early game is strong, she suffers in a 2v1 lane because she will never get on the ADC with a competent support in the lane, which means Riven will be poked out of lane very rapidly. She also loses to the current powerhouses top (Darius, Olaf, Jax, Garen, just to name a few), so that effects her viability even more.

She also isn't a bruiser, as she can't afford to build defensive stats early without completely gimping her damage mid-late game, which is the exact opposite of basically every bruiser.

She is an AD caster.
I haven't played Riven since the item overhaul, but her sustain used to come from the LS proc on her AAs after skilling out with wings - 3 hard strikes on 12% were enough. I mostly meet Jax in the jungle, all the Darius players I've encountered suck (or the champion matches up bad against most bruisers), Garen has trouble vs Riven because the latter can dash away from judgement and back into Garen, so that only leaves Olaf, really...

Riven is not an AD caster, unlike Urgot or Pantheon, for example, who focus on CDR and mana for an increased number of skill casts over time. Riven's early-to-mid potential comes from well-timed auto-attacks between skills and thanks to her low cd ultimate (free AD and wound-scaling AoE strike), she can opt for a lower AD maximum than other champions, thus leaving room to invest in defense and utility.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol