AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-16, 16:29   Link #1501
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by belxebu View Post
That I remember all the loved Gold Saint NEVER were Killed, and by loved I obviously mean Shaka, Dohko, MU, Aioria and Milo
Loved by you? Because that's not a reason. Camus and Saga, for instance, are far more popular and plot-relevant than the likes of Milo or Aldebaran.
Gold Saints died when they either were evil or their deaths would have a meaning - and dramatic ones at that - while a Milo or Aldebaran dying at that point wouldn't really have any weight on the story.

And of course Dohko was alive until Hades, not exactly because he was "loved", but because that was the whole point of his character being still alive.

Last edited by Goty; 2013-01-16 at 16:40.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 18:08   Link #1502
TCman

Emm... That's difficult to say. Maybe Sonia just lost all her powers as a saint (and can't become one ever again) which is symbolized by vaporizing her cloth including that dress, while having e.g. amnesia, I guess. Looking at the new OP suggests Sonia has a bigger role, maybe?
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 21:06   Link #1503
belxebu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Loved by you? Because that's not a reason. Camus and Saga, for instance, are far more popular and plot-relevant than the likes of Milo or Aldebaran.
Will is true that Both Camus and Saga, and even Shura were loved Characters by maybe all the fans, is also true that they became loved by all AFTER or BECAUSE their deaths.

That Aldebaran didn't survived even ONE fight in the Hades arc prove all my point, because he wasn't really popular, at least not so much like Milo, that was the first Gold Saint (alive and with the cloth) that we meet in the series, damn, he was so popular that TOEI even made up some history to put him more in the anime, when he destroyed the Andromeda Island.

Quote:
Gold Saints died when they either were evil or their deaths would have a meaning - and dramatic ones at that - while a Milo or Aldebaran dying at that point wouldn't really have any weight on the story.
But Aldebaran died in the Hades arc, and his death didn't had any meaning and wasn't even dramatic, he died off screen by some small fry enemy.

Quote:
And of course Dohko was alive until Hades, not exactly because he was "loved", but because that was the whole point of his character being still alive.
Is because he was so popular that he became an important part of the series, simple like that, popularity keeps you alive and even revive you if you die, and in Dohko's case even make you younger.
belxebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 21:34   Link #1504
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Will is true that Both Camus and Saga, and even Shura were loved Characters by maybe all the fans, is also true that they became loved by all AFTER or BECAUSE their deaths.
Except for Aiolia and Mu, the other Gold Saints had barely appeared or done anything worth mentioning before the Sanctuary arc started. So how would they be "loved" already? It was the Sanctuary arc that ultimately defined the popularity of all Gold Saints, regardless of them dying or not.

Quote:
That Aldebaran didn't survived even ONE fight in the Hades arc prove all my point, because he wasn't really popular, at least not so much like Milo, that was the first Gold Saint (alive and with the cloth) that we meet in the series, damn, he was so popular that TOEI even made up some history to put him more in the anime, when he destroyed the Andromeda Island.
But then Kurumada could've easily killed off Aldebaran in the Sanctuary arc too. I'm just saying whatever happened in that particular arc had nothing to do with "being loved". Camus, for instance, needed to go for Hyoga to learn his lesson. Saga needed to go to pay for his sins and also as a set up for Kanon in the next arc.

I don't think Milo was that popular. You say Shura, Camus and Saga had to die to become popular, but Milo did what, again? He did nothing before the Sanctuary arc, and his battle there wasn't really memorable either. He barely had a personalty and lacked a connection with any of the main characters. Probably his big moment in the whole series was his scene with Kanon, which didn't come up until much later.
That filler felt more like Toei trying to give him something. Anyway, the original anime had so many fillers and plot changes that it should barely account for anything.

Quote:
Is because he was so popular that he became an important part of the series, simple like that, popularity keeps you alive and even revive you if you die, and in Dohko's case even make you younger.
That would be assuming Kurumada just made him sit there all the time and forbidden to leave for no reason at all.
I don't think Kurumada is very good on planning ahead, but with Dohko i believe he was setting him up as an important character since early on. There were plenty of hints.

Last edited by Goty; 2013-01-17 at 14:48. Reason: spelling
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 21:38   Link #1505
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
But Aldebaran died in the Hades arc, and his death didn't had any meaning and wasn't even dramatic, he died off screen by some small fry enemy.
Deep Niobe isn’t a small fry. His technique, Deep Fragrance, is pure deadly. In fact, he can take out any Gold Saint who has no idea how his technique works or doesn’t have any technique that can counter Deep Fragrance. IIRC Mu was lucky he got warned by Aldebaran’s post-death cosmo and have Crystal Wall as shield, and Pisces Albafica was also lucky that he has the fragrance of his roses to counter Deep Fragrance.

That said, Aldebaran is simply unfortunate since he got ambushed and has no counter technique against Deep Fragrance. All he can do is to bring the enemy down with him, which he did and saved other Saints from getting killed by Deep Niobe's lethal technique.
Old 2013-01-17, 02:46   Link #1506
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
I don't think Milo was that popular. You say Shura, Camus and Saga had to die to become popular, but Milo did what, again? He did nothing before the Sanctuary arc, and his battle there wasn't really memorable either. He barely had a personalty and lacked a conenction with any of the main characters. Probably his big moment in the whole series was his scene with Kanon, which didn't come up until much later.
Milo was very popular. Mu, aioria and Milo were part of the "trinity". He was the first gold saint to show up in the series. I am going as far as saying that the following signs always have a special place in Saint Seiya: Aries, Gemini, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpion, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Capricorn.

PS. Milo, Saga and Camus were, in my opinion the coolest looking gold saints in the original series. Also his techniques and attacks are very sexy! :P

Spoiler for For sexiness factor::

Double PS: My point of view is objective and totally non biased.

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2013-01-17 at 03:04.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 05:20   Link #1507
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ LOL @ "Objective and non-biased".

I’d say your comments are quite subjective, especially this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
PS. Milo, Saga and Camus were, in my opinion the coolest looking gold saints in the original series. Also his techniques and attacks are very sexy! :P
Spoiler for For sexiness factor::
Double PS: My point of view is objective and totally non biased.

Also, given how much you emphasis on your zodiac sign (Scorpio) all this time:
Quote:
I hope Sonia represents my zodiac sign well. All other scorpion gold saints have been great
Quote:
Well at least this being the episode representing my zodiac sign I am sure it was the best the whole series has to offer :P
makes your POV or opinion pretty much biased.
Old 2013-01-17, 12:27   Link #1508
Justin_Brett

Yes, I think that was the joke.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 13:03   Link #1509
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Yes, I think that was the joke.
I don't think he was joking though, aside from the ":P".
Old 2013-01-17, 13:53   Link #1510
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Of course I am not joking! My analysis on Saint Seiya is absolute and devoid of subjectivity.
Justin_Brett how dare you entertain the idea that I would ever be in the mood for joking. Shame on you.
Old 2013-01-17, 14:02   Link #1511
ellessarr
Banned

well still look likes her "supposed death" still with no real confirmation, well let's see next episode, indeed i see her have some sort of importance to just die now, her character was left with no closure to her development(even near death she or soma not was able to free her from her doubts

well like i told before i'm still not buying her death until a official confirmation.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 15:26   Link #1512
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Of course I am not joking!
See Justin? He's not joking. There's no way anybody will write that many things in a post regarding the fame of Scorpio Milo only for sarcasm.
Old 2013-01-17, 15:39   Link #1513
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

What is sarcasm?
Old 2013-01-17, 16:34   Link #1514
Justin_Brett

Someone watching this show and not having a sense of irony? That's just shocking.
Old 2013-01-17, 16:41   Link #1515
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for Episode 41 preview pic:

In other news, Tokisada's profile on the official website confirms that the Aquarius cloth has been cursed by Medea.
Old 2013-01-17, 20:06   Link #1516
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for Episode 41 preview pic:
Wait a minute. Does that mean the houses-of-zodiacs we're watching in this arc are the original ones? I thought Mars destroyed them all and build the new ones?
Old 2013-01-17, 20:24   Link #1517
Miraluka
Banned

I thought Mars modified the way 12 Temples worked tovcarry out his plan.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 20:56   Link #1518
Justin_Brett

I guess he missed that wall in particular? Or just didn't bother since Seiya was never gonna be on his side.

Good thing it wasn't in Gemini's temple.
Old 2013-01-18, 18:29   Link #1519
AGear2Ax
ClearMind

Send a message via MSN to AGear2Ax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Wait a minute. Does that mean the houses-of-zodiacs we're watching in this arc are the original ones? I thought Mars destroyed them all and build the new ones?
Maybe it is a replica made by Seiya's Spirit to just mock Mars and give a message to the young ones or... Mars is secretly a fan of Aiolos and could bring himself to let that wall be missed.
Old 2013-01-18, 19:25   Link #1520
sirtao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Mars recycled the ruins of the original Sanctuary to build his new one.
Sure, it's against the law and every possible building standard, but it's not like Disco Babel would have got OK'd in first place without Mars bribing half Greece.
sirtao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen