AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 33 27.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 16.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 9.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 5.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-11, 13:12   Link #141
Teletha

Did you even understand the episode at all Seifall? Talk about a giant leap. You have no proof nothing happened. Did you watch the first half, or could you not see it through your Ranka gogles?

And you are trying to pick a fight with people from last week, so yes you are attempting to troll.

Last edited by Teletha; 2008-09-11 at 13:14. Reason: typo
Old 2008-09-11, 13:12   Link #142
Key Board
Carbon

If it's the issue of sex, then I don't think they had sex. V-Type infection is contagious thru bodily fluids.

It might be interpreted as something else but, Sheryl bled in this episode and refused Alto to treat the wound. Perhaps she was afraid the infection would spread. The cliche way they treat these things in anime is to suck on the wound. XD

If it's a kiss, then I think it happened. HIV doesn't transmute thru kisses, so I assume V-Type doesn't either.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:13   Link #143
mechabao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
@BetoJr If he didn't respond to Klan sentence it's a proof that nothing actually happenned between Sheryl and Alto since he loved her but we only discover it today.
I'm sure nothing happen, and think the ones who thought something happen can't say something now.
Isn't this just pure speculation on your part?

It's just like that Sheryl/Alto scene in the last episode where you can't be 100% sure about what happened.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:15   Link #144
Key Board
Carbon

at nanatsuya

there's a potion of Brera's memory that lingers within him. All his actions toward Ranka has been subconsciously taken because of this memory

he didn't learn that Ranka was his sister until Grace confirmed it to him and FOLLOWED THAT BY FORMATTING HIS PERSONALITY AGAIN!

Grace is an awesome villain
Old 2008-09-11, 13:16   Link #145
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

@Seifall: yes and therefore since other people are being massive asses anyway, HEY WHY DON'T I BE RIDICULOUSLY SERIOUS OVER A CARTOON AND BE A BIG ASS AS WELL?

If you pride yourself so highly above those you've listed who by the way, I agree, have momentary lapses of very poor arguments, as does many people due to a simple thing called PERCEPTION, you'd place more reasonable evidence that isn't "HOMG HE DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING SO CLEARLY NOTHING HAPPENED THAT NIGHT!!!!!!! TAKE THAT SHERYL SCUMS!"

At least have SOME pride in your intelligence for chrissakes.

@nanatsusaya:
Welcome to japan, world of the gays, lesbos, pedos, hentais, incestuous lovers, and general omnisexuality.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:17   Link #146
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
Well i'm confused... if Brera just knows that Ranka is his sister in this ep then what was the reason for his incessant and unreasonable pampering Ranka before?
haha love? maybe something like "love at first sight"? or ermm, in this case? the wanting to protect someone? ever since u see her? subconsciously? since they r related.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:17   Link #147
glyph

Quote:
Huh why ? Am I trolling now ?
People didn't bother to insult me back then, now I knew this was going to happen .
If you don't want to see me talking about how wrong they were in dissing me like crazy because I exposed my point of view, you're free to skip my post.

You all said there were NO relationship between Alto and Ranka, and this episode show you the final proof.
Now I speak my mind but not insult people I an just laughing to see how this thread before the airing of the episode was dedicated to Sheryl and now all sheryl's fan are connected but don't want to speak ? !
Um, Alto didn't said anything about her love for _Ranka_. Klan spoke about "his love", in an ambigious way which could refer to his love for his sky, his love for Frontier, or his love for Sheryl, which is strong enough that he would consider killing Ranka in order to protect.

"I love Ranka so much I would like to kill her" makes absolutely no sense in that context.

And that he joined SMS for the power to protect others inspired by Ranka's helplessness is something we already know and directly saw, which has no bearing on the romance.

Sheryl overheard part of their conversation and automatically assumed "his love" referred to Ranka. Sheryl's a ditz by nature and emotionally fragile at the moment. What's your excuse?
Old 2008-09-11, 13:21   Link #148
ReddyRedWolf

Ranka gets flashbacks of Ranshe and Grace but no Mao?

Oh my goodness it's Megaroad 1 all over again!
Old 2008-09-11, 13:22   Link #149
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
at nanatsuya

there's a potion of Brera's memory that lingers within him. All his actions toward Ranka has been subconsciously taken because of this memory

he didn't learn that Ranka was his sister until Grace confirmed it to him and FOLLOWED THAT BY FORMATTING HIS PERSONALITY AGAIN!

Grace is an awesome villain
I am so rooting for her to survive to plot another day in another series now, letting that wannabe Leon take the fall in this one.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:22   Link #150
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
I agree, except I don't think this is quite the _final_ fakeout.
i think the final fake out was in episode 22! i was so fooled by that! i didn't expect this at all! i expected Allto to stand up sheryl and then make up somehow!
Old 2008-09-11, 13:24   Link #151
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

lolxzz ... canons and shurikens being shot left and right ^^.

Yes i thought they kissed too... but the scene got blurry lollxxxx... but it was clear the their heads getting closer before the end of the shot... perhaps Kawamori wants to spawn doubts and give Ranka fans delusions, Also the implication of sex also to give Sheryl fans delusions that they did it ^^.

Harharhar...... cant wait for ep 23, maybe this time i'm gonna watch it raw ^^.

And yeah I got the feeling that Ranka will be blown up to become spacedust ^^... Maybe not....
Old 2008-09-11, 13:24   Link #152
MaiHikari

@ Seifall: many of us are not responding to you right now because 1) we haven't seen the episode 2) busy at work or 3) don't completely understand so we don't want to make an ass out of ourselves.

Do you understand the dialogues? Where did Alto said he love Ranka? Where did it mention that he and Sheryl did not kiss or make love? When did he say he doesn't love Sheryl? Or did you assume all of this? Remember, to assume it to make an "ass" out of "u" and "me". You're dancing in victory when the series is not even over. Your comments are so lame and offensive, it's not even funny.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:27   Link #153
magnuskn

Quote:
@ ippus read what I tell to Teletha.
People are funny.
Arrogance ? So when you were right and the show shows it , you become arrogant because people don't want to accept it ? The arrogant ones were the people who insulted me like crazy back then and now have nothing to say anymore...
Looks like " my ridiculous surprise " was waiting to be showed
Erm... as far as I know, and I got ickems insta-translation, nothing was said in any way indicating that Sheryl and Alto didnīt kiss. So Iīd cool down a bit, if I were you, or you are going to look a wee bit silly. And, ah, Alto didnīt admit he loves Ranka, neither.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:27   Link #154
Seifall

I really want the next episode now :

Spoiler for ranka vajra:
Old 2008-09-11, 13:31   Link #155
Key Board
Carbon

I have a feeling not many will care about this, but Grace's motives were half explained in this episode.

First of all the Vajra are hiveminded like bees. They have no singular "brain" to speak off. Futhermore this hivemind is a boundless network unhampered by fold dams. This hivemind is the Vajra Quartz Network.

Grace's initial research was to combine her network in conjunction with the vajra fold quartz network to accomplish... something awesome, I guess.

To do this, apparently she wants to engineer someone who can meld with the vajra network. Ranka was a product of this.

Presently, Ranka has melded into the Vajra hivemind, and that has made Grace very very happy. It's possible she has nanomachines in Ranka and by hijacking Ranka she can hijack the Vajra.

It's possible that Ransha Mei is also melded into the network, which would explain why Ranka was able to see her in one episode
Old 2008-09-11, 13:31   Link #156
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

have this sudden thought:

you know that

Alto's reason of joining SMS due to Ranka - wanting to protect her and stuff

can now be vs to -

Alto's faith in keeping his own destiny into his own hands - which actually strengthened his faith to stay in SMS and be a better pilot and stuff (inspired by Sheryl long before they met in the earlier episodes)

which really motivates him more?
Old 2008-09-11, 13:32   Link #157
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Oh WOW.
Nothing makes a crappier arguments than blatant negligence.

I think I'm waiting another week before watching this episode with the next, suddenly everything tastes bitter.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:32   Link #158
Seifall

I really want the next episode now :

Spoiler for ranka vajra:

EDIT : Maihikari, and magnuskun you can keep insulting me all you want but looks like I was right.
Klan said "sore ga omae no koi "? He didn't repond so why are you telling me he said he didn't say he loves Sheryl ? this has nothing to do with her when klan said that. so yes, he loves Ranka. If sheryl 's tear can't proove it to you, then I can't say anything...
" There is no romance relationship between Alto and Ranka " ? You should act fair play ... instead of keeping this kind of sentence.
Old 2008-09-11, 13:34   Link #159
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
@ Seifall: many of us are not responding to you right now because 1) we haven't seen the episode 2) busy at work or 3) don't completely understand so we don't want to make an ass out of ourselves.

Do you understand the dialogues? Where did Alto said he love Ranka? Where did it mention that he and Sheryl did not kiss or make love? When did he say he doesn't love Sheryl? Or did you assume all of this? Remember, to assume it to make an "ass" out of "u" and "me". You're dancing in victory when the series is not even over. Your comments are so lame and offensive, it's not even funny.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-11, 13:35   Link #160
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

i don't really want to say it but right now i think he stayed because of Sheryl and his hobby for shooting Aliens, And also i think for his love of flying because he feels secured if he stayed and become a pilot for NUNS.
Closed Thread