AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Old 2004-07-03, 02:29   Link #21
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Didn't Media Blaster also do Samurai Deeper Kyo and released it in that spiffy wooden box?

I'm sure that I also hear about an audio-track issue/problem with some of their Juuni Kokki DVDs as well....
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 02:55   Link #22
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
Is media blasters a good company for licenseing anime...do they usually do a good job on dubs?.........What else have they done?
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 04:01   Link #23
Crimsonmon

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonmon Send a message via MSN to Crimsonmon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchboxx
Is media blasters a good company for licenseing anime...do they usually do a good job on dubs?.........What else have they done?
I think they also dubbed Kenshin, but don't quote me on that.
Crimsonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 04:37   Link #24
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonmon
I think they also dubbed Kenshin, but don't quote me on that.
Yah, they did Kenshin.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 06:15   Link #25
Late
Peelo

Yep, great thing they didn't license it before it was over. Some other companies should take an example.
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 09:10   Link #26
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeborn
edit by Mod (xris) snippy, snip, snip
Why it seems that always this type of questions keep on being made?

Listen buddy, you can't ask for the episode because it is now licensed, understand?

Last edited by xris; 2004-07-03 at 12:56.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 09:54   Link #27
Breogan
Umeboshi

Yeah, some of their DVDs came with mono english tracks, instead of stereo.It didn't affect the (5.1?) japanese track. I think they had an exchange program for those DVDs
Breogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 09:57   Link #28
Deadmansl

Blast

I just started to watch this anime too...oh well guess ill have to wait now.
Deadmansl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 09:58   Link #29
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
Didn't Media Blaster also do Samurai Deeper Kyo and released it in that spiffy wooden box?

I'm sure that I also hear about an audio-track issue/problem with some of their Juuni Kokki DVDs as well....
I remember they had a problem with the first Figure 17 DVD. The Japanese studio would only give them a 4:3 version. Later volumes were 16:9. I dont know if they re-released that first volume.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 10:09   Link #30
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator

Good choice, good choice.
ChoBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 11:10   Link #31
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

the company also had one of the most borked up episode counts for their Magic Users Club (Mahou Tsukai Tai) DVDs...2 episodes per disc, something unheard of by today's standards, for the OVAs, and 3 episodes per disc for the TV series. In addition, it was difficult to tell which DVD cases were from the TV series and which were from the OVA @_@
plus, they have some of the weirdest license choices: while they have good series like Rurouni Kenshin, Gokusen, and Midori no Hibi, they also have some of the WORST series like Voogie's Angel, they even release hentai O_o
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 13:09   Link #32
donna8157

really? Well, I liked Kenshin, Gokusen, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Weiss Kreuz, and stuff. I think they did the quality was really good. I'm glad they took up Midori no Hibi too (especially since it just finished)
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 13:37   Link #33
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
the company also had one of the most borked up episode counts for their Magic Users Club (Mahou Tsukai Tai) DVDs...2 episodes per disc, something unheard of by today's standards, for the OVAs, and 3 episodes per disc for the TV series. In addition, it was difficult to tell which DVD cases were from the TV series and which were from the OVA @_@
plus, they have some of the weirdest license choices: while they have good series like Rurouni Kenshin, Gokusen, and Midori no Hibi, they also have some of the WORST series like Voogie's Angel, they even release hentai O_o
I love their license choices. Very eclectic. They tend to be most in tune with my tastes. As for hentai, almost every anime company in operation releases hentai. Its just that they have a separate brand name for those releases, like Anime18. ADV releases hentai for instance. (I forget the name of their hentai brand...)
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 14:35   Link #34
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:20.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 14:36   Link #35
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I loved the job Media Blasters did with Kenshin. I won't give any praise for their dub, but I loved how on every DVD they provided a notes section for defining any Japanese culture terms and gave in-depth explanations of historical meanings, etc. I thought that was great, and it's much better than what most fansubbers do. You know how they insert a note at the top that is 3 sentences long and lasts for about 4 seconds before it vanishes, so then you have to pause, go back, read it, and then continue. It's rather annoying I think. If they just put a frame at the beginning of end of each episode with notes I think that would be better. Just my opinion though.

I'd like to see Midori no Hibi released on 2 DVDs like the Record of Lodoss War 13-episode OVA was. I doubt it will happen, but I can still hope can't I?
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 17:40   Link #36
Jn183

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiko_san
...i didn't even get to finish it... *sigh* OH WELL =D , AT LEAST NARUTO IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON TO BE LICENSED ^__^, this is going to be perhaps the best moment of my life >
Ha...if 4kids licensed Naruto...lets see how you feel then. And remember... Naruto is on eps 89. Think how long it going to take w/e to get to 89.*sigh*

Anyway, Media Blaster is the one that got Berserk and they did a decent job with it. So, don't worry too much about MB going to butcher MnH. Still anti- Midori. *sniff* Ayase.
Jn183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 19:03   Link #37
Fronzel
Schmuck

It's Softcel. ADV, CPM, Right Stuf and Media Blasters all have hentai labels. Nutech is the only dedicated hentai brand.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 19:16   Link #38
Innotech

On one hand, Im glad it got licensed. its fun (what I saw) and Ill very likely purchase it, and I hope the boxset has a Midori puppet because that would be hilarious, but at the same time I feel like I have to finish it and Im quite upset actually that it got pulled off animesuki so soon. In actuality, I was IN THE MIDDLE OF DOWNLOADING IT LAST NIGHT when it got taken down. Now Im sitting with half downloaded eps on my computer and I cant find replacements. I can understand following the rules and all, but seriously, I think its a bit premature to pull a series THE MOMENT its licensed because that entails a lengthy period in which we have to be left hanging if we started the show, and thats actually unfair to people. I know that fansubs arent legal in the first place, but I cant help thinking the proper time to really pull a show is when its available to actually purchase subbed in the US. At that time I can justify pulling it, because its sitting on the shelves ready to purchase, and thats when sales are affected, but right now, people who cannot read japanese and cant access the now pulled files are SOL and thats a bit sad for true fans of the show. Maybe Im being immature about this, but thats just how I feel. In any case, Id buy this series based on what I saw, but I still feel jipped somehow, especially since I was SO CLOSE to finishing it.
Innotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 09:20   Link #39
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

I can't wait to see Naruto licensed... I'm going to enjoy laughing at the fanboys too stupid to find the new episodes without AnimeSuki.

And I don't much care for MediaBlasters, to be perfectly honest. The dub of Kenshin they did was hideous... and the way they translated his accent was comical.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 09:25   Link #40
Itlandm
Porcupine

The way I see it, licensing is the purpose of fansubbing. When the goal is reached, there is no reason to continue the travel.

Fansubbing is an attempt to make anime known and talked about, to the point where it becomes profitable to dub it into English and sell it to the mass market. This happened pretty quickly with Midori no Hibi, and I can understand that.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote