AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-12-21, 09:34   Link #881
Sunder the Gold

One person suggested that a good part of Yuuno's pursuit of lost knowledge is driven by a desire to know more about his own origins.

But that's not the "Parent" I meant.

Spoiler for Mentor-Protege relations in Brain Burst:

Now, you might have meant "Leave his mentor unknown", just as nothing is known about Black Lotus' own mentor for a long, long while.

But see, the author laid the groundwork first. He had absolutely decided who Black Lotus' "Parent" was before he started writing.

That's a lot different from not making any decision at all and just making it up as I go.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 10:15   Link #882
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Spoiler for suggestion:
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 15:44   Link #883
Sunder the Gold

Here's that better Accel World color chart picture I found: http://i.imgur.com/Uk4ig.jpg

For a quick aside, let me post something that Judge Mental shared with us over at Spacebattles.
http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...9#post-9153075

"...have Link (Legend of Zelda) be Yuuno's worst enemy.

"After all, Yuuno was originally an archaeologist. His reason for being was to dig up the remnants of Those Who Came Before, study them, and gain valuable insights into human history and nature. And this pointy-eared blond punk is running around Ancient Ruins, throwing switches that activate fragile Ancient Devices (at least some of which break in the process), stealing priceless Ancient Artifacts (which should be in a museum), killing Ancient Monsters Animals (somebody call PETA, dammit!), breaking Ancient Pots left, right, and center, and liberally dispensing high explosives wherever he goes! Not to mention that he keeps deciphering all the Ancient Runes (distinct from Ancient Ruins) and solving all the Ancient Puzzles with the sort of casual, irreverent ease that would make Yuuno want to deck him even if he wasn't a tomb raider.

"Link, meanwhile, is trying to go about his usual business of saving Hyrule, only to find himself constantly interrupted and opposed by this angry mage who is sometimes a ferret. The other boy doesn't seem like one of Ganon's minions - the Master Sword doesn't react to him like he's even small-e evil, let alone big-E Evil - and he's not actually looking to hurt anybody, but he keeps trying to stop Link from clearing the dungeons and recovering the items he needs to complete his quest, ranting about "irreplaceable cultural icons," "historical landmarks," and other stuff that more or less goes over the young Hero's head. Plus, every time Link asks him to lend a hand or offers to fetch something from the current dungeon for him - because when you meet somebody that isn't a monster in a dungeon, they're either there to help you or be helped by you, right? - the other boy just flies off the handle.

"Yuuno thinks Link needs to be locked up.

"Link thinks Yuuno needs to sit back, drink some Milk, and just chill."
Old 2012-12-21, 21:14   Link #884
Justin_Brett

I think after the first few times he'd realize someone has to stop Ganon, Vaati, Veran, Onyx, or whoever else is attacking Hyrule at the moment, and that he needs that stuff to do it. Yuuno's not an idiot.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 06:32   Link #885
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

And so, after a hot and steamy fight in a volcano, Yuuno and Link finally see eye to eye and team up in an epic bromance to save the collective galaxies?
Old 2012-12-27, 05:41   Link #886
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

Hmm...
Have anyone considered a crossover of Nanoha and Eden of the East?
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-28, 18:00   Link #887
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithKurogane View Post
Hmm...
Have anyone considered a crossover of Nanoha and Eden of the East?
Spoiler for Spoiler:
It will be pretty hard to pull out considering the semi-realistic setting of Eden of the East ...mmhh... maybe if the crossover is with Nanoha FORCE it could work.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 19:03   Link #888
Justin_Brett

I've been watching the original Saint Seiya recently - seems like that could be kind of interesting crossed over with Nanoha.
Old 2012-12-28, 19:09   Link #889
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Aside of ruinning the concept of the Saints forever i guess Saint Seiya Omega can be of some utility at least for something like that xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-28, 19:34   Link #890
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I don't think they can be use for such a thing. Will be a really short fight if they are enemies
Old 2012-12-28, 19:50   Link #891
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I haven't seen much of SS Omega past Ep 2. so i don't know how their power levels evolve but a fight with the old school saints will be a total curbstomp for poor Nanohaverse's cast xDU

The Saints (specially the Gold Saints) are ridiculously overpowered in many ways (the Bronze Saints ...the weaker of the list all can move at supersonic speeds and shatter solid rock with their bare fists ...it only goes worst from there up the scale xDU).

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-28, 20:05   Link #892
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

To me it all fails when I see the gold saints being kill one by one and the bronze saints fix everything. I mean they even beat the gold ones so why they are still the bronze?

On a crossover note, they can't fly, and Nanoha can SLB them from the sky and end everything
Old 2012-12-28, 20:35   Link #893
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

The core Bronze Saints (Seiya and his gang) were the only ones able to reach gold saint level, the Hades chapter and the Lost Canvas series are good examples of what the Gold Saints really can do (they were really misused during the original series, they started very strong but from the Asgard Saga onwards they were turned into Signum-like characters who are only used as reference to see how strong are the new bad guys of each season xDU).

Flight is not really a challenge for most Gold Saints as some of them can manipulate abstract forces that can reach very large range at almost relativistic speeds (prime examples are Aioria of Leo who can project bolt punches at lightspeed and Shaka of Virgo who can even move trough parallel dimensions without even the need of standing up). Fate and Tre will be probably moving in slow motion for most of them ...plus the Gold Clothes are so immensely durable it needed the power of a freking God to finally destroy those for good. What they probably lack is wide destructive capability ...like Belkan knights most Saint attacks do damage in a short area but the effectivenes of said damage can range from Rock destroying to star killer ...or alternatively, some Saints have low-range yet higly broken abilities like Shura's Excalibur which can cut trough virtually any substance.

The wide scale of the strongest Saints's abilities and potential put them effectively over some other notably strong animeverses like the Dragon Ball-verse for example ...at least in one-on-one fights.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-28, 21:26   Link #894
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I will admit I just didn't like the series that much. I mean I didn't hate it but I just watch it and all I can remmember is them going to fight the bad guys while Saori is with some kind of slow killing thing on her chest
Old 2012-12-28, 23:01   Link #895
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Aside of ruinning the concept of the Saints forever i guess Saint Seiya Omega can be of some utility at least for something like that xDU
At least you're not complaining that one of their Gold Saints is a woman, I guess.

And I dunno, them having a school for Saints sounds more reasonable to me than sending a six year old to a place called Death Queen Island.
Old 2012-12-29, 04:23   Link #896
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Oh yeah, Hogwarts for Saints ...thanks for reminding me about that -_-U

...well, yeah, the original series has lots of inconsistencies but at least the Saint felt like true warriors not like some sort of Pretty Cure/Power Rangers mix.

But considering Section Six is sort of a sentai team itself it may work xDU

(i can't believe i'm gonna say this but most of the Nanohaverse girls are manlier than the main cast of SS Omega xDU).

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-12-29, 12:48   Link #897
Justin_Brett

Then they're manlier than the original five too, since all of them were bishies as well.

I've seen 26 episodes of it, and while it's okay, nothing I've seen in it has really been dignified.
Old 2012-12-29, 12:52   Link #898
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Then they're manlier than the original five too, since all of them were bishies as well.

I've seen 26 episodes of it, and while it's okay, nothing I've seen in it has really been dignified.
Ikki would like to have a word with you.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 12:57   Link #899
BeastsLair's Fraggle

random question.

I'm writing a oneshot in responce to a idea/challenge on the Beast's lairs but I seemed to have misplaced my Nanoha lore a bit.

Does anyone have a nifty list off all the jewel seeds that appeared in the series, and what they mutated?

I remember the shadow blob, the morning wood, the swimming pool from a extra stage, the MegaNeko and 7 more that sunk in the ocean.
BeastsLair's Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 13:04   Link #900
Sunder the Gold

After Nanoha and Yuuno teamed up with the TSAB, they faced a Jewel Seed monster in the form of a giant bird. Yuuno chained it down and Nanoha sealed it.

Reminded me of how Cardcaptor Sakura used The Windy to bind The Fly (which had taken the form of giant bird) in order to seal it.