Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-21, 21:43   Link #121
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis
I just watched Aone's version. Aone has 'April' while L-E/S-Ai has 'July' in the first scene with Yuuri's mom in the car with Conrad. Sounds like July (shichigatsu) since it's summer.

Grifis

Yup. shichi = 7, gatsu = month, and the 7th month of the year is July. They probably mis-interrprted that as "shigatsu", where shi =- 4 -> 4th month = April.
Old 2004-04-21, 21:44   Link #122
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Yes.... gunther will definitely kill her which is how a jealous lover should act... i bet he was wishing to be slapped by Yuuri but it didn't happen... hey... since its the devil's world, why not two marriages? THat would be funny....

I also think that the marriage in the end will stay... forget whether or not this is shonen-ai but it happens in most other common storyline plots... u know the "i hate u and never wanna have anything to do with you" thing ... and the next thing u know they realise "damn I have fallen for him"... can't wait when that happens, it'll be both funny and satisfying to see that spoilt boy forced to succumb to something....

need to see more conrad!!! conrad rocks!!!!!
Old 2004-04-21, 21:55   Link #123
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I kinda wished Conrad is his dad. But his real dad seems like a great guy too. ^^
Old 2004-04-22, 01:31   Link #124
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

yes... he is definitely the good father type... not to mention the GOOD LOOKING good father type.... if he were a real life person... he'd be the type i'd have a major crush on in real life... hmmmmm.... then again... i already have a bf like that...hahahaha ...... but he's overseas!!!!! ok enough off topic whining...

hmmm... does anyone know about the elements and if one person can control all types or just one person to one type as we've seen so far
Old 2004-04-22, 01:49   Link #125
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
I also think that the marriage in the end will stay... forget whether or not this is shonen-ai but it happens in most other common storyline plots... u know the "i hate u and never wanna have anything to do with you" thing ... and the next thing u know they realise "damn I have fallen for him"... can't wait when that happens, it'll be both funny and satisfying to see that spoilt boy forced to succumb to something....

need to see more conrad!!! conrad rocks!!!!!
Uh I hope what you say won't become reality. I'm not a fan of shonen-ai and don't plan on becoming one soon. The way it is now is great, its really funny.
Old 2004-04-22, 02:12   Link #126
musouka

Quote:
I'm not a fan of shonen-ai and don't plan on becoming one soon. The way it is now is great, its really funny.
Even if it does become full blown BL, it's not like it would be any less funny.
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2004-04-22, 02:44   Link #127
Tima
Konichiwa

The first episode seemed to fast sketchy me. I don't know whether I'm thinking to hard but it seems like after they told him they brought him there to kill the humans he would have said somthing to the affect of " What in the world are you talking about!" or " I gotta get outta here!" The guy was raised by a human mother and father for goodness sakes. For not making sence strike number 1.

I really like animes where the main characters are guys cause there are just so many with girl characters as leads it's starting to drive me crazy. However this anime had yaoi undertones strike number 2. Some of the male characters dressed looked and acted like woman making a triple stike but i'll just combine them all creating stike number 3.

The clencher though was the guy with the purple hair who was sweet on yuri. A big no no in my book making stike number 4. So I most definitly won't be watching this one.
Old 2004-04-22, 03:48   Link #128
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Ok... my tip for guys who wanna watch this show... unless u can see the shonen-ai side of it as funny.... or not get goosebumps watching shonen-ai related shows..... don't watch this because you won't be able to see the funny side since you can stand the thought let alone to watch a guy being with another guy......

i don't care if this turns into shonen ai... but conrad had better not get involve in any of this BL business or i'll cry... you know someone should start making a pole after the 3rd ep to vote for the best loved char in the show
Old 2004-04-22, 22:34   Link #129
LinChoiSin

i really don't know if this will turn out to be a shonen-ai show but if it does ,even though i'm not a SA fan,i'll keep on watching this anime because it's way too funny.
Old 2004-04-22, 23:27   Link #130
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

OMG the wait... has it been one week yet? I can't remember... someone tell me what day this airs everyweek so that i can keep track... it helps me to calm down a bit... and no one confirmed the 10 eps thing... is there only going to be 10 eps for this show?
Old 2004-04-23, 09:59   Link #131
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I find it amusing that guys are generally quite uptight about shounen-ai, considering the number of girls who like (or at least aren't bothered by) shoujo-ai. Maybe females are just naturally more tolerant. ^_~
Old 2004-04-23, 10:07   Link #132
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
Too bad it's once a week, wish it was daily

anyways the anime is great.. great drawings.. i'll keep watching..
if you're like me who wants to know the plot and not wait for the sub version.. here's a site where they already have ep 3's summary:

http://anime.blurry-eyes.com/archive...u_kara_mao.php

contains spoiler!
Old 2004-04-23, 21:15   Link #133
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
I find it amusing that guys are generally quite uptight about shounen-ai, considering the number of girls who like (or at least aren't bothered by) shoujo-ai. Maybe females are just naturally more tolerant. ^_~
which is why i know a lot of bi women and no bi guys...... but i'm pretty sure women get the same turn on watching two guys the same as guys wathing two gals
Old 2004-04-24, 04:02   Link #134
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
I do find gay guys are more tolerant and easier to get along with. They usually really considerate and nice people. ^^
Old 2004-04-24, 07:40   Link #135
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

hmm... although I'm generally anti-shounen-ai, I don't really mind the "shounen-ai-hinting" stuff in KKM, since they are funny
Old 2004-04-24, 13:44   Link #136
Yakumae
Queen of the Gum-Gums

Quote:

I agree with this one.. I've know guys who are like, "I love to watch women being raped and beaten bloody, and have marbles shoved up their you-know-whats-its, but OH NO the thought of two guys holding hands is the SICKEST thing in the world."

*sigh* They need to get over it. If I can toloerate really grotesque ecchi for a good series (which sometimes they do even tho I don't know why), they can handle a little harmless flirting between two guys for the sake of a good series.
Old 2004-04-24, 14:24   Link #137
hawick

At least there's one hot babe. Even though she gave birth to 3 childrens, she still look very young.
Old 2004-04-25, 18:21   Link #138
Kiro
chocolate overdose

liked the show so far. however i think, that the names were odly translated (only watched live evil vesion so far). however, i can't blame them for that since japanese have a twisted affinity for german names and katakana doesn't help there. some names are so weird that even i, as a german can't recognize all the names from the voices and i had to guess a lot.

here's my list of hopefully "more correct" names:

-ardabelt = adelbert
-fonchrist = von christ
-fonshpitz (veg shtoff) = "veg shtoff" von spitz (i can't figure out the "veg shtoff" part. that doesn't really sound german)
-fonvoltale gwendel = gwendel von voltale (again, the parts other than "von" don't sound very familiar)
-fonbeelfelt volflam = wolfram von berefeld
-gunter = günther (ok, that would be nitpicking i guess...)
-fonsphitzveg tsetsirie = "tsetsirie" von spitzweg (that "tsetsirie" part COULD be "cecile" or "cecilia", which is not a german name as far as i know.)

would be interesting to know, how aone translated the names.

allthough i think the names look a bit weired how they are now, it doesn't really bother me and other than that i liked the subs.

Last edited by Kiro; 2004-04-25 at 18:32.
Old 2004-04-25, 21:48   Link #139
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

all the names sound like a real mouthful.... i have a hard time reading it on the subtitles so i just listen to the talking instead
Old 2004-04-25, 22:18   Link #140
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I actually had problem too pronouncing their name except for Conrad and Yuuri, and start calling them nickname.

- The blonde bishounen
- The sexy queen

I stil cannot figure what's a good nickname for Conrad's older brother. ^^
Closed Thread