Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-03-20, 20:16   Link #261
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The only part that did annoy me is that we never had any form of announcement telling us about the canceling of the third season, even during the week it was supposed to air.

Oh and TTR soundtrack release please. If it does happen it'll be crazy seeing as though we only had around 4/5 new pieces of Kajiura music.
I don't remember there were any announcements saying there will be a third season at all. But since it didn't conclude, people probably just assumed that there would be a third season.

Yes, I want a TTR OST too. It could be a limited bonus that comes with the next volume of manga like the DVD did. I mean it'd make sense that way since there's so few new tracks.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 22:38   Link #262
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
I don't remember there were any announcements saying there will be a third season at all. But since it didn't conclude, people probably just assumed that there would be a third season.
The first, second and third season were all announced at the same time. The plan was to release 26 episodes followed by 26 weeks of reruns. Then rinse and repeat until 3 seasons had aired over the course of three years. Instead, after 2 seasons (52 episodes) CLAMP announced that they think Bee Train sucks wet farts out of dead pigeons and they'd rather put their breasts in a vice than allow Bee Train to ruin season 3.

Okay, I exaggerated that a tiny bit. Still, the point is that a previously planned third season was cancelled because CLAMP felt that Bee Train made a bad adaptation of the manga for episodes 26-52 and they didn't like Bee Train's filler stories either.

It's a shame really. I loved the idea of alternating 26 episodes of new anime with reruns like we do it in the US. I felt that if it caught on, we would have shows with much less filler. Imagine how cool Naruto was if they only made 26 episodes a year instead of 52. If the show was twice as fast by packing 52 episodes of action into 26 episodes, it would be ten times as good with zero filler

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2008-03-20 at 23:58.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 22:40   Link #263
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
The first, second and third season were all announced at the same time. The plan was to release 26 episodes followed by 26 weeks of reruns.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I'm all for Production I.G. to continue with the third season though.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 07:38   Link #264
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I'm all for Production I.G. to continue with the third season though.
Which means they'll continue the story straight after TTR. Though like i said before, i would rather have it worked on after the manga has finished, for obvious reasons.

Also thinking about it, if BeeTrain did make season three, the chances of it being an anime original ending are quite high.
Old 2008-03-22, 01:15   Link #265
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Hmm...I don't know. Maybe because where ever her feathers go or who possesses it, the impossible seems to become possible. One feather gives enough power to become godly and next to unrivaled, so it would make sense to think ALL the feathers together or several would be unstoppable. The feathers have created miracles, done things magic and others couldn't do. So take a guess on where I got the idea that she's powerful. What she posses is powerful, therefor logically should she the possessor be powerful? Or you going to use some reasoning like: is a person with a gun powerful or is it the gun? Well this isn't an external extension of her, meaning not a weapon or non-body originated object, it is something that is in her very being. She is her power and her powers are hers.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 10:13   Link #266
ChronoReverse

It more that it's latent potential rather than actual power. At the beginning of CCS Star Arc, Kinomoto Sakura had more potential than Clow Reed if/when she completes her growth. At the end of the CCS, Kinomoto Sakura WAS more powerful than Clow Reed because she had the ability to use the power. In terms of Tsubasa, Sakura was only able to use a small portion of her power (even before the feathers were lost) for minimal dreamgazing.

But you're right, the feathers do imply immense power and I didn't think of that. Nonetheless, the comment I made about limitations still apply since that's one of themes of xxxHolic/Tsubasa.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 10:13   Link #267
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for ova3:
Old 2008-03-27, 07:09   Link #268
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Finally Had The Time To See The OVA...
I Only Watched The First Two Ep ..But It Very Good ...I'd Never Think That
Syaoran Would This Evil >.<
And That Other Syaoran Be Like This Nice (I Think He Is Good Person )
Too Much Thing Happened In Two Ep...
Well Gonna See The Last Ep Soon ...I Hope
Syaoran Return To Being Good Person For Sakura Sake
Old 2008-03-29, 07:19   Link #269
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Finished The OVA....But Where is The Real Syaoran ..?? >.<
And Sakura-Hime I've Never Know That She Strong To Go Alone To Get ^.^

I Wish They
continue to Season 3 Or OVA
Old 2008-04-14, 11:50   Link #270
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Uiuiuiui, I've nearly forgotten this show.
Downloading the three OVA's right now.

Whats about continuing the story? Will there be more? Or did it end with the OVA?
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 10:11   Link #271
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well ill preface this post with the fact that I've never read past the first few chapters of the tsubasa manga and the only way ive been exposed to the series is through the anime incarnation so far...I actually marathoned the first two seasons, the movie, and these OVAs in the span of a week (<3 FUNi's prices...bought the whole first season heh).

So with that said...Its such a sad shame that the OVAs were on an almost entirely different level then the proper seasons...Most especially S2. As I'm not a manga reader I don't know what was and wasn't filler, but just the same I'm gonna assume any of the episodes where I got the feeling the episode was doing a disservice to the feel and flow of the story itself wasn't something CLAMP had originally made...

Anyways I'm getting off on a tangent...the one thing that struck me the most about the OVAs ,besides the greatly increased animation quality ofcourse heh, was how vivid and alive the characters came across. I had thought at the end of watching 52 episodes the characters had become abit flat and dull, but these OVAs did a wonderful job of reinvigorating and renewing my interest in the story as a whole.

Most especially with sakura...I've never watched/read CCS, so im not entirely sure how her past incarnations have behaved but...I was genuinely impressed with her in the third OVA. It was such an unbelievable contrast with the passive sakura that was presented towards the end of S2.

Seeing her strength and being such a proactive character in the end was a genuine delight of a suprise and I get the feeling that she was meant to be such a person all along, but something went awry in Bee Train's adaptation.

Putting her aside though Fai and Kurogane also blossomed wonderfully transcending there typical shtick they seemed to rarely budge from.

Ah this has become abit on the long side...I guess what it really boils down to is me wanting to express my admiration for I.G. renewing my hope in this franchise and making me actually look forward to more. In fact I believe I shall blow what little is left of my anime budget for this month on getting the first few volumes of the manga today.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 21:51   Link #272
nanafan
horo fan

the last ova was great i hope they continue with another season
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 21:58   Link #273
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Are there any news of a third season coming ? And i would also like to know at what volume did the anime stop compared to the manga... i read that there are 23 volume published and it will end before 2009...

Also i would like someone to explain me the real story behind Syaoran and the feathers of sakura.... and why is CCS involved in all this >.< Im getting the impression that Tsubasa Chronicle is like some weird story from CCS and other animes.

Thanks

Last edited by incube; 2008-05-21 at 22:13.
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 10:19   Link #274
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Why does the Sakura from CCS appear in the last OAV.... and who is the new Syaoran, is he the one from CCS? Since i didnt watch CCS i have no idea what happened to the original sakura and syaoran.
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 11:45   Link #275
Lumine
Band Army Member

Spoiler:

By the way i cried when i found this out.
Old 2008-08-14, 06:51   Link #276
mistress_kisara

Most of you know this already but for the sake of those who don't, Tsubasa will be having 2 new OVAs (Yay!!) The first one is up on February, like the previous ones it will come with Volume 26 of the manga. Same goes for xxxHolic!!
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 08:06   Link #277
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
Most of you know this already but for the sake of those who don't, Tsubasa will be having 2 new OVAs (Yay!!) The first one is up on February, like the previous ones it will come with Volume 26 of the manga. Same goes for xxxHolic!!
All i have to say is SWEET!
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 09:02   Link #278
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
Yaaaay ...Awesome News ...
Old 2008-08-14, 09:20   Link #279
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Why does the Sakura from CCS appear in the last OAV.... and who is the new Syaoran, is he the one from CCS? Since i didnt watch CCS i have no idea what happened to the original sakura and syaoran.
Well....

Spoiler for Manga and reply:
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 09:38   Link #280
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That's a pretty hardcore spoiler from the manga. Once that shouldn't be posted even if it is in spoiler tags.